The RealGM Public Discussion Forums:
RealGM.com makes public discussion forums available to our visitors (“RealGM Forums”) and these have grown to be extremely popular places for sports fans to meet and chat. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Consequently you should exercise extreme caution when deciding whether to disclose your private and/or personal information on the RealGM Forums, which we strongly advise against.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts: You must have all necessary rights in and to all the Posts you provide and all material they contain; your Posts must not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties; your Posts must not contain any viruses or other contaminating or destructive devices or features; your Posts must not contain any defamatory, indecent, offensive, tortious or otherwise unlawful material or content; and your Posts must not be used to carry out or solicit any unlawful activity and/or be used to make commercial solicitations. Also, you authorize RealGM.com and/or others to use all or part of your Posts in any manner, format or medium that RealGM.com or such other parties see fit; and you shall have no claim or other recourse against RealGM.com for infringement of any proprietary right in your Posts. Violating these terms will subject the visitor to investigation and enforcement to ensure compliance; personal information may be used and/or disclosed by RealGM.com in this process, to the extent necessary to ensure a safe, secure and enjoyable experience at RealGM.com.
In addition, please review the below information about registering for membership accounts in the RealGM Forums.
Information Visitors Provide To Us:
RealGM.com endeavors to provide you quality information that is tailored to your needs. In order to do that we may sometimes ask you for information so that we can provide the kind of content you want, when you want it. We want to customize our website for you so that it meets your needs as fully as possible – this includes customizing articles, discussions, banners and more. We may ask you to register or provide personal information when you visit certain areas of RealGM.com, enter a contest, play games, complete surveys, subscribe to a service or newsletter, submit content or ask us for information.
We only collect personally identifiable information from you when you voluntarily submit it. Providing your personal information to RealGM.com is optional. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our website but you may not have access to certain areas and/or types of information.
We want you to be fully informed that as part of registering for membership in the RealGM Forums, you would need to give us a valid email address.
This is necessary for setting up and activating your RealGM Forums username and password, and sending you important notifications from time to time. Without your email address, we cannot complete this process. However, you can still browse the RealGM.com website freely and you won’t be limited by not giving your email address EXCEPT THAT you will NOT be able to have an active account membership in the RealGM Forums, which is what enables you to create and upload Posts on the RealGM Forums. If you don’t register, you can still view all of the topics and Posts on the RealGM Forums.
If you decide to share your email address in order to register for a membership account in the RealGM Forums, it will be privately and securely stored in a RealGM.com-controlled database that will never be visible or accessible to the general public. We will never share your email address with any other person or company simply because we collected it for registration. Email addresses will be kept only by RealGM.com and only for the purpose of being able to properly activate and administer the RealGM Forums accounts.
If you do choose to register for a membership account in the RealGM Forums, and if you qualify for one, you will get an initial email to confirm the email address you gave us. You can always decide later to deactivate your membership. If you are an individual who is reasonably identified as visiting RealGM.com from the European Economic Area and want to register for membership in the RealGM Forums, we will take special care to walk you through the registration process so that you are fully informed about freely and simply giving your consent to provide your email address, and how to later deactivate your account if you wish to do so. The same would be true of any other sign-up or registration process on RealGM.com.
Similarly, we make it easy for you to unsubscribe from the daily newsletter from RealGM.com, “Heads Up,” or other news-related communications, and to remove your registration and any resulting communications. You will find an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Heads Up email. Simply click that link to unsubscribe.
What Are Cookies?
While browsing through RealGM.com you may get cookies from our advertisers or sponsors. RealGM.com and its affiliated websites do not control these cookies. In delivering advertising on RealGM.com, individuals who are reasonably identified as visiting RealGM.com from the European Economic Area will be notified about cookies and/or asked for their consent to gather any other information if needed to run one or more advertising campaigns.
If we need to collect any information from you other than cookies, we will ask you in plain and simple language and you’ll have an easy, straightforward and uncomplicated way to decline providing any of that kind of information if you wish.
For all of our website’s visitors, we will not share your email address with third-party marketing entities without your express consent, including easy-to-understand language asking if you specifically give consent for this. Also if you do register for any of the RealGM.com programs or services but decide later that you do not want your data shared with third parties for marketing or promotional purposes, you can always opt out at any time by sending us an email at Legal@RealGM.com. Please also provide your registration details including first name, last name, street address, city, state, postal code and country. This information will only be used by us to make sure your wishes are respected.
We Protect Children’s Privacy:
We are working hard to provide you with the best information and the highest quality interaction on the Internet in an environment that is safe. And we recognize a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we have adopted the following policies to keep kids safe:
- We will NOT knowingly collect, use or distribute personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- Personally identifiable information we collect from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by RealGM.com or its agents for internal purposes only, and will not be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
- We will NOT knowingly allow a child under the age of 13 access to the RealGM Forums or other services within RealGM.com that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- We will NOT knowingly ask a child under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game or service.
- We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for children.
- RealGM.com will not advertise on any website that does not comply with the regulations set forth under COPPA.
- We will advise children under the age of 13 that they MUST obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
- Upon request, RealGM.com will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about their child under the age of 13 during a registration process for a program or service offered by our website. RealGM.com only asks for such a child’s personal information if it is necessary to participate in the program or service. The website’s administrators also have access to the registration data but they are only used for website maintenance. Registration data that are provided about children are not used for marketing and are never shared with any other party. If you would like to view your child’s registration data, request a change or request that we delete any of your child’s personal information, please send an email to Legal@RealGM.com which includes your child’s first and last name, and your first and last name.
RealGM.com urges parents and guardians to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses or phone numbers without permission when using the Internet.
Notification And Verifiable Parental Consent:
Before any personally identifiable information is collected from anyone under the age of 13, we require the parent or guardian to provide verifiable parental consent, such as an email to RealGM.com. When such verifiable parental consent has not yet been obtained, we will use online contact information (such as an email address) only as is appropriate to:
- request the name or online contact information of a parent or guardian for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian;
- respond directly to the child’s request on a one-time basis, not using that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose;
- respond more than once directly to a specific request from the child (for example, to satisfy the request for a newsletter subscription), not using that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose.
A Notice About External Links:
Occasionally you will find links from RealGM.com to independently owned, controlled and/or managed websites whose content we or our ad partners believe will be of possible interest and value to our visitors. Additionally you’ll see links from advertisers, sponsors and other partners who may use RealGM.com’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
In many cases these links represent cooperative projects or mutual links established with the organizations connected with these websites. We don’t control the content of these links. These other websites may send you their own cookies, collect data or solicit personal information. We do not control these cookies or the content of these third parties.
We specifically recommend that children check with their parents or guardians before clicking on to any new websites.