Image ImageImage Image

PG Buls vs Raptors: Miserable 2nd half, Bulls outcoached AGAIN!

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,945

Re: PG Buls vs Raptors: Miserable 2nd half, Bulls outcoached AGAIN! 

Post#61 » by madvillian » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:48 pm

We have depreciating assets that are depreciating every day. I don't know if you could even dump Vuc at this point. You'd probably have to throw in an actual useful player like AC or draft capital. Didn't the FO sign him like as their first priority this offseason? They didn't even wait to see what his market was IIRC.

This FO is on borrowed time and they need to **** or get off the pot. I will give them until the trade deadline to chart a new course.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,363

Post#62 » by Stratmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:55 pm

Wingy wrote:
coldfish wrote:I watched the game for two sections last night. One Chicago was in control and I flicked it off. I turned it back on mid 4th quarter and they were down 10. The 4th quarter was just a train wreck and the opposing coach was just blitzing Derozan with no corresponding reaction from Chicago.

We can point to the injuries but that game last night was terrible. 2 of the mid 3 were playing with Coby, Ayo and Caruso and they laid a total egg.

At this point, its no longer on AKME. If Michael Reinsdorf is watching this and thinking "this is fine" he has a serious mental issue.

Blitzing DeMar has worked since the first year this team was assembled and Lonzo was already lost.

No ability to respond. Part coaching, part players. Folks can’t even blame Zach’s poor feel and IQ for this one.
That's because it is a team issue. Not a Zach issue. The tendencies have been the same.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#63 » by Stratmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:03 pm

White, Lavine, Caruso, DDR, Vuc, Drummond, Craig, Pwill, Ayo.

That's a 9 man rotation that should win at least 48-50 games when healthy. If they had a quality big to play the 4 it becomes a 50+ team.

The 2 questions are... can they get them all healthy for extended periods of time. Can the head coach actually figure out how to use the talent.

I fear the answer to both questions is no.

Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#64 » by Stratmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:19 pm

kodo wrote:Other than the garbage time 3, Coby's last shot of the 4th came at 9:47. 9 minutes without Coby getting a shot.
Billy pulls him out right in the middle of the 4th, and it goes full Demar from that time on. He checks back in around 4 min, but isn't going to get the ball. Any non-Demar play is going to Vuc.

You can't expect Coby to contribute in the 4th if he never sees the ball. I also think benching someone in the middle of the 4th is terrible for their momentum and heat. It takes a few plays to get yourself going.
The same thing used to happen with Zach. White has simply taken over Zach's role, and other than the games, he is red hot, does so less effectively.

Having both White and Zach would make a difference.

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,667

Post#65 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:25 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Wingy wrote:
coldfish wrote:I watched the game for two sections last night. One Chicago was in control and I flicked it off. I turned it back on mid 4th quarter and they were down 10. The 4th quarter was just a train wreck and the opposing coach was just blitzing Derozan with no corresponding reaction from Chicago.

We can point to the injuries but that game last night was terrible. 2 of the mid 3 were playing with Coby, Ayo and Caruso and they laid a total egg.

At this point, its no longer on AKME. If Michael Reinsdorf is watching this and thinking "this is fine" he has a serious mental issue.

Blitzing DeMar has worked since the first year this team was assembled and Lonzo was already lost.

No ability to respond. Part coaching, part players. Folks can’t even blame Zach’s poor feel and IQ for this one.
That's because it is a team issue. Not a Zach issue. The tendencies have been the same.

Don’t gotta defend Zach. My post already implicitly defended Zach.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stratmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:27 pm

Wingy wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Wingy wrote:

Don’t gotta defend Zach. My post already implicitly defended Zach.
But I did. Deal with it lol.

My point wasn't so much to defend Zach. It was to point out that we have the exact same issues, with or without him. It's a team thing. Mentioning Zach is necessary because so many here were quick to jump on the "better without Zach" train and blame it all on one player. I get it. Better to think it's 1 player and not the entire system.

The problem is a coach who has no clue how to maximize the talent of anyone on the roster.

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,667

Post#67 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 pm

Stratmaster wrote: Deal with it lol

All in good fun, that was what I intended myself, but may have come off a little (unintentionally) snarky. I’ve somehow become a Zach “defender” of late trying to present a balanced take vs many who have suddenly turned on him like he’s some WWE heel now.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,661

Post#68 » by drosestruts » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:49 pm

Wingy wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Also do we not have a young all-star to build a team around? When did 28 become ancient?

I no longer count Zach as a Bull. (Nor for that matter as an All Star, although he could well regain his form. But he has been no All Star this year.)

No denying it this year, but he was definitely there as recently as post-all star break last season.

The AK Effect has made a lot of our players unhappy and put them in a tough position. There’s health, but I truly think Zach is just fed up with his work environment and being on a team that doesn’t fit at all despite it being a bunch of good dudes.

I really feel the "team that doesn't fit" part of your post.

And it's been a thing that's bugged me about both this interation of the team, and looking back at the Jimmy Butler years.

We never committed to building around Zach or Butler, which only hurts us. You can't just throw talent together and expect things to work out. There's a lack of vision beyond - X player is good so our team will be better by adding him.

You can be less than the sum of your parts, just like you could be more than the sum of your parts. And we are most definitely less.

I love DeRozan. I can barely stand Vuc. Both are bad adds/fits alongside Zach.

DeRozan probably is the individually most talented player on our team, but we also haven't really built around him.

We lack a vision.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#69 » by Stratmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:09 pm

Wingy wrote:
Stratmaster wrote: Deal with it lol

All in good fun, that was what I intended myself, but may have come off a little (unintentionally) snarky. I’ve somehow become a Zach “defender” of late trying to present a balanced take vs many who have suddenly turned on him like he’s some WWE heel now.

I meant it the same way. And I know I am the biggest Zach defender.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,919

Post#70 » by MikeDC » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:53 pm

Stratmaster wrote:White, Lavine, Caruso, DDR, Vuc, Drummond, Craig, Pwill, Ayo.

That's a 9 man rotation that should win at least 48-50 games when healthy.

You really think that "good coaching" turns this 35-40 win team into a 48-50 win team?
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,355

Post#71 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:00 am

Red8911 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Silvi barely watches the bulls, his show is always mostly bears but when talking bulls for 5 minutes all he wants to do is blow things up. I don’t care what he says or thinks.

Don't forget crap on Zach LaVine. However, I feel him on this one. It makes no sense to keep this core together heading into the deadline. You either have to make improvements or hit the reset button. Being play-in contenders makes no sense at all
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#72 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:13 am

MikeDC wrote:

You really think that "good coaching" turns this 35-40 win team into a 48-50 win team?
I think Donovan completely sabotaged this team. Not intentionally.

But what's the Bulls record their last 30 games? Then add in a coach. That's the team I think they are.

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,385

Post#73 » by Chi town » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:44 am

Stratmaster wrote:
MikeDC wrote:

I think Donovan completely sabotaged this team. Not intentionally.

But what's the Bulls record their last 30 games? Then add in a coach. That's the team I think they are.

No way Jose.

This is no 50 win team. It’s not on Billy either. His only major issue is vet entitlement. NO COACH in the league is benching Vuc or DDR when they suck either. Then no vet wants to play for you.

The issue is AK. He won’t make a trade that could very easily make us a 50 win team. The 0-3 can not win 50 games even with this Coby. You must trade AT LEAST one of the three for pieces that fit. Then you have a 50 win team.

Coby has taken a stride. Ayo is in the midst of taking a big step. Pat looked like he was taking a step before the ankle. This is with the 0-3 being a lid on the team though.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#74 » by TheJordanRule » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:03 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Silvi barely watches the bulls, his show is always mostly bears but when talking bulls for 5 minutes all he wants to do is blow things up. I don’t care what he says or thinks.

Don't forget crap on Zach LaVine. However, I feel him on this one. It makes no sense to keep this core together heading into the deadline. You either have to make improvements or hit the reset button. Being play-in contenders makes no sense at all

This really makes me question the FO. They were wrong about continuing with the same core this year, and looking back on it, dead wrong on team construction last year, too. I can give these guys a pass for betting on Lonzo, but let's not cycle through the same old failures again and again. What are you guys doing?! :crazy:

Return to Chicago Bulls