Image ImageImage Image

David Kaplan: There will be meaningful change after this season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

SearsTower
Sixth Man
And1: 1,210

Re: David Kaplan: There will be meaningful change after this season 

Post#181 » by SearsTower » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm

KissedByaRose1 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Masai. Make it happen.

Reinsfdorf probably doesn't even know his name.

This is funny yet sad yet probably very true.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#182 » by umfan83 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Bump

Based on this it doesn’t look like much is changing - even Gar’s tenure with the club

Read on Twitter
?s=21
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,073

Post#183 » by MrSparkle » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:58 pm

umfan83 wrote:Bump

Based on this it doesn’t look like much is changing - even Gar’s tenure with the club

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ugh.

More "lead by committee" nonsense? There is no committee. It always comes back to Paxson over-reaching into every sector and then blaming every hire (ENTHUSIASTICALLY APPOINTED OR APPROVED BY HIM) except himself.

Can some one end this insane nightmare? Can Jeff Bezos buyout the Bulls or something? That's another nightmare, but I'll take it over BoyGarPaxDorf.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#184 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Problem isnt GarPax, problem all along was Jerry. Guy is clearly insane at this point because definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results :banghead:
Rusty Walrus
Rookie
And1: 104

Post#185 » by Rusty Walrus » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:13 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:Problem isnt GarPax, problem along was Jerry. Guy is clearly insane at this point because definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results :banghead:

That's precisely it. Jerry hires guys to take the bullets for him. Then he repays them with lifelong contracts in gratitude.

Who in their right mind would take this job knowing very well that they'd have Paxson meddling above them and they'd ultimately be the fall guy?

This organization is rotten to the core.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#186 » by Am2626 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Then I would like to see this team lose every game from here on out. This is completely unacceptable. People need to stop going to games, stop renewing season tickets. Reinsdorf doesn’t deserve your money so stop giving it to him!
netduri2
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#187 » by netduri2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:12 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is very disappointing news. I know this organization is rotten but man this is worse than I canimagine.

If this news happen to be true(which is very possible) the Bulls fans must boycott every single game under Boylen & Paxson. This is so ludicrous that even after all the mess Jerry still trust in Paxson.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,351

Post#188 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 am

Rusty Walrus wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:Problem isnt GarPax, problem along was Jerry. Guy is clearly insane at this point because definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results :banghead:

That's precisely it. Jerry hires guys to take the bullets for him. Then he repays them with lifelong contracts in gratitude.

Who in their right mind would take this job knowing very well that they'd have Paxson meddling above them and they'd ultimately be the fall guy?

This organization is rotten to the core.

Jerry does not hire guys to take bullets. He does hire loyalty and conservative Choi es he is comfortable with. I’m no fan of JR on either club he owns but he gave Paxson all kinds of freedom to make moves and Pax couldn’t. Rick Hahn has the same freedom with the Sox and he has made the moves. Jerry signed off going deep into tax with Lebron and Wade and Rose and Melo. It’s not that he isn’t willing, Paxson couldn’t seal those deals. He isn’t to fond of going deep into tax for a bad team for obvious reasons. Jerry’s biggest problem is when the ship is sunk he doesn’t make heads roll. He let Krause (who was a far better GM) go on too long and Kenny Williams. Paxson has gone on too long (if Rose doesn’t blow out both knees this is a different conversation but he did a long time ago and he hasn’t been able to recover from that which was luck to have him in the first place). Jerry is responsible for allowing Paxson to have say.

If Paxson is given an honorary title I don’t care, that’s Jerry’s money, but he can not have any control over the future of the team. Whoever gets the job next needs full autonomy to make the decisions n
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#189 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:16 am

I don't understand why we don't just move Paxson to some honorary role. The Gordon rebuild happened 14 years ago. It was a solid effort, but not good enough to lead to a pope job. This is just madness.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#190 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:28 am

That sounds like a ****.

I don't see why a valuable GM would want to report directly to John Paxson; that's absolutely insane. Also, I'm not buying that Forman still doesn't have a notable say in what goes on in the organization. If his title has changed, then announce it.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#191 » by Indomitable » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 am

MrSparkle wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ugh.

More "lead by committee" nonsense? There is no committee. It always comes back to Paxson over-reaching into every sector and then blaming every hire (ENTHUSIASTICALLY APPOINTED OR APPROVED BY HIM) except himself.

Can some one end this insane nightmare? Can Jeff Bezos buyout the Bulls or something? That's another nightmare, but I'll take it over BoyGarPaxDorf.

He backstabbed his way into the job. Why change?
:banghead:
netduri2
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#192 » by netduri2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:55 am

Red Larrivee wrote:That sounds like a ****.

I don't see why a valuable GM would want to report directly to John Paxson; that's absolutely insane. Also, I'm not buying that Forman still doesn't have a notable say in what goes on in the organization. If his title has changed, then announce it.

This is very true. I don’t see how they bring a valuable GM if Paxson still holds of this organization.

Smart people would request full authority which means Paxson must be gone. If all people in the NBA know that Jerry still believes in Paxson there’s no reason they come to this corrupt organiation.

Just as Boylen is a puppet of Paxson even if new faces will come they would be puppets of Paxson.
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#193 » by greenl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:03 am

There is some reason for optimism- Bulls are now 8th in average attendance (2nd last season). Pure speculation on my part but maybe there has been enough time between the dynasty and now that the ownership will have to stop coasting and build an actually attractive product to bring fans back. There is an entire generation of fans who have only known the Bulls as **** or- barring one season in 2010- a fringe playoff team. It's a full 22 years since the end of the Jordan era.

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Last season marked their lowest tv ratings in 13 seasons:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonpatt/2019/04/30/bulls-record-lowest-local-tv-ratings-in-13-years/#3012a88123d5

Additionally- NBA owners have done a superb job of insulating themselves from having to compete with each other- with salary caps, max contracts, and insane tv contracts- but tv ratings, nationally, are down a sizable chunk as well. All of this might finally prod the Reinsdorf family to do something (i.e. remove Paxson and his brain dead cohorts from operational control of basketball matters).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/why-nba-ratings-have-missed-far-year-1262338
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#194 » by MeloRoseNoah » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:04 am

I hope that you guys are ready for another bust at #7 with Dildo Head Boylen leading the way next season.

At this point, you should be rooting for straight blowout losses from here on out.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#195 » by Am2626 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:24 am

netduri2 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is very disappointing news. I know this organization is rotten but man this is worse than I canimagine.

If this news happen to be true(which is very possible) the Bulls fans must boycott every single game under Boylen & Paxson. This is so ludicrous that even after all the mess Jerry still trust in Paxson.

I don’t understand why fans keep putting up with these clowns. It’s clear that this organization doesn’t care at all about the fans. They are disrespectful and take advantage to the loyalty that fans keep giving every year. Any support for them needs to stop. All it takes is one win and from a sub .500 team to give fans hope. That needs to stop. None of what they are doing is acceptable. Fans need to demand more from this organization.

Speaking of Reinsdorf anyone can see that his love is with the whitesox. He is spending a lot on that team because he wants to see a World Series win again before he dies. He doesn’t care at all about the Bulls. It’s just a way for him to make money.

Why would anyone want to see this team play? I also do not know why the media doesn’t criticize them more. In my opinion they do not do enough to expose these clowns for what they are.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#196 » by Am2626 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:27 am

greenl wrote:There is some reason for optimism- Bulls are now 8th in average attendance (2nd last season). Pure speculation on my part but maybe there has been enough time between the dynasty and now that the ownership will have to stop coasting and build an actually attractive product to bring fans back. There is an entire generation of fans who have only known the Bulls as **** or- barring one season in 2010- a fringe playoff team. It's a full 22 years since the end of the Jordan era.

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Last season marked their lowest tv ratings in 13 seasons:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonpatt/2019/04/30/bulls-record-lowest-local-tv-ratings-in-13-years/#3012a88123d5

Additionally- NBA owners have done a superb job of insulating themselves from having to compete with each other- with salary caps, max contracts, and insane tv contracts- but tv ratings, nationally, are down a sizable chunk as well. All of this might finally prod the Reinsdorf family to do something (i.e. remove Paxson and his brain dead cohorts from operational control of basketball matters).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/why-nba-ratings-have-missed-far-year-1262338

8 is way way too high. They should be dead last. Any season ticket holder right now is a fool. Reinsdorf is laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of these fans.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#197 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 am

If there are no changes and simply a reshuffling of the current regime, I don't see how anyone remains a fan of this team going forward. It would show that this team has no direction.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#198 » by TheStig » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:13 am

I'm not sure what you'll think is going to happen here. Even if Pax quit or got fired, they're not bring in some big name GM. It'll be Doug Collins or maybe BJ will get his shot or what's Randy Brown doing? You forget, we don't make qualified hires. We get someone from the org. Pax's resume was gritty player, assistant coach for a year and announcer. Why would we expect a Masai or real GM?
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#199 » by samwana » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:45 am

The only hope is that finally Paxson himself realizes it is time to go. If there is a new guy in, maybe just maybe he wants something more out of his life.

Anyway if there is no change I will finally cancel my ILP, should have done that after the Boylen hire. But somehow I still couldn't believe the rat's hole was that deep.

They won't fool me again.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#200 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 am

TheStig wrote:I'm not sure what you'll think is going to happen here. Even if Pax quit or got fired, they're not bring in some big name GM. It'll be Doug Collins or maybe BJ will get his shot or what's Randy Brown doing? You forget, we don't make qualified hires. We get someone from the org. Pax's resume was gritty player, assistant coach for a year and announcer. Why would we expect a Masai or real GM?

The hope is Thibs who wasn’t a org hire but selected by jerry himself. Even if those others you named end up taking position I don’t see how they get us deeper in the hole other than trading away our picks. Pax is done he’s served his time but it’s clear he doesn’t have time or patience for this team. Dude is never enthused nor sounds like he’s getting involved like most GMs. Also if rumors are true people hate the guys upstairs probably excluding jerry so at the very least dumping pax even for a bag of lays would be more attractive to other players.

Return to Chicago Bulls