Image ImageImage Image

Free Agency Wishlist

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Re: Free Agency Wishlist 

Post#161 » by sco » Fri May 20, 2022 9:12 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
ghostinthepost1 wrote:
Bamba is probably the guy I want most, he's a perfect fit with his shooting and defense but just don't think he's affordable. Some team is going to offer him 13+ million a year easily and the Bulls don't really have the contracts to pull of a sign and trade.

I think its crazy that Orlando actually has two players that we would absolutely love to have.

Bamba and Isaac.

Both I thnk we will be out of our price range. Isaac because of big contract and Bamba had a good season last year. So Bamba will get a pay day potentially more than Wendell's

I would give Bama our full MLE + some of the Theis exception if possible.

Yeah, I don't think you can do that. We can either give him our full MLE and hope nobody outbids us and ORL doesn't match (unlikely it will be enough) OR we work out a S&T with ORL and sign him (IMO $12-$15M/yr).
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#162 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri May 20, 2022 9:15 pm

sco wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
I think its crazy that Orlando actually has two players that we would absolutely love to have.

Bamba and Isaac.

Both I thnk we will be out of our price range. Isaac because of big contract and Bamba had a good season last year. So Bamba will get a pay day potentially more than Wendell's

Yeah, I don't think you can do that. We can either give him our full MLE and hope nobody outbids us and ORL doesn't match (unlikely it will be enough) OR we work out a S&T with ORL and sign him (IMO $12-$15M/yr).

I don’t think Orlando would match simply because they have no room for him anymore. He is the odd man out.
ghostinthepost1
Junior
And1: 225

Post#163 » by ghostinthepost1 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:08 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
sco wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I don’t think Orlando would match simply because they have no room for him anymore. He is the odd man out.

Nah, NBA teams don't typically let players leave for nothing. They'd match and then look to trade him at the deadline.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#164 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri May 20, 2022 10:40 pm

ghostinthepost1 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
sco wrote:Yeah, I don't think you can do that. We can either give him our full MLE and hope nobody outbids us and ORL doesn't match (unlikely it will be enough) OR we work out a S&T with ORL and sign him (IMO $12-$15M/yr).

Nah, NBA teams don't typically let players leave for nothing. They'd match and then look to trade him at the deadline.

Exactly Ive said this before I don't know why people think a team as far under the cap as the Magic would just let him walk when they could simply trade him later in the consolidation that will be coming in the next 12 months for Orlando

QO is 10 million
MLE is 10 million

if he would accept a team friendly MLE deal there is no way they would just let him walk .

I don't see the Bulls giving away any more picks which is gonna take us out of play for some of these guys on teams not looking for cap relief

If the Bulls pick up TBJ option we will be able to take back about 10 million in salary via trade involving him straight up and the same applies to Coby. I simply don't see us having anything the Magic wants.

I think we end up with Lopez for the minimum before getting either Bamba or Robinson.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#165 » by FriedRise » Sat May 21, 2022 11:32 am

Read on Twitter

Sounds like Bobby is saying good bye to Milwaukee.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#166 » by MisterRoy » Sat May 21, 2022 11:43 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chicago welcomes you back, Bobby.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#167 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat May 21, 2022 11:50 am

I'd be very happy if they could sign Portis with the MLE. He covers a lot of needs with size, shooting and toughness.
sco
RealGM

Post#168 » by sco » Sat May 21, 2022 1:02 pm

Do we have any chance to get him via S&T. Bobby, due to his size and versatility, to me, is worth more than a guy like Bamba. There is some upside still with him, but the floor is very high. I wouldn't hesitate to hand him the starting PF job for this season over Williams, who will still be able to find 30 minutes as a 3/4 off the bench. Our only chance to nab him is via S&T with MIL, he's easily worth $15M/yr given his 3pt shooting and rebounding.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,180

Post#169 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sat May 21, 2022 1:45 pm

Give me Mo
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#170 » by Chi town » Sat May 21, 2022 3:19 pm

Mo is always hurt.

Pass.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#171 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat May 21, 2022 3:35 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:I'd be very happy if they could sign Portis with the MLE. He covers a lot of needs with size, shooting and toughness.

He will be looking for more than 10 million but hes friends with Zach so could a starting spot be worth 15-20 million to him at this stage of his career ?

We could offer 4 years 44 million but he could possibly get 4 yrs 60 million from the Spurs who need a PF
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#172 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:30 pm

A sign and trade with Orlando for Bamba and sending them White and Green. Get it done, AK!
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,264

Post#173 » by kodo » Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bring him back maybe?lol

No way. He'll play 60% here, when he plays 100% in Europe. He doesn't like the NBA, he's been on record saying that. He won't give 2 cents about the Bulls, he'd just be here for a paycheck. He dislikes being a roleplayer. Euroleague MVP doesn't translate always to NBA star, it's pretty rare. Other Euroleague MVP PFs: Jan Vesely, Nemanja Bjelica. Both were bench players in the NBA.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#174 » by Hangtime84 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:30 pm

Chi town wrote:Mo is always hurt.

Pass.

Last year was his first healthy season.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#175 » by MrFortune3 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:15 pm

Bamba wouldn't be a bad idea at all. He would cure a lot of what ails us and he'd come reasonably cheap.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#176 » by BullChit » Sun May 22, 2022 12:40 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

It didn't read like that to me at all.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Post#177 » by biggestbullsfan » Sun May 22, 2022 2:26 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:I'd be very happy if they could sign Portis with the MLE. He covers a lot of needs with size, shooting and toughness.

He will be looking for more than 10 million but hes friends with Zach so could a starting spot be worth 15-20 million to him at this stage of his career ?

We could offer 4 years 44 million but he could possibly get 4 yrs 60 million from the Spurs who need a PF

You also have to take into consideration of Pat Williams. Does he regress if he’s benched. Who knows
sco
RealGM

Post#178 » by sco » Sun May 22, 2022 2:55 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:

You also have to take into consideration of Pat Williams. Does he regress if he’s benched. Who knows

I think it would honestly be a helpful motivator to bench Williams. That said, if we nabbed Bobby to start at PF, Pat could still get 30mpg off the bench at 3/4, with Bobby getting minutes at the 5.
ghostinthepost1
Junior
And1: 225

Post#179 » by ghostinthepost1 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:24 pm

I wonder if the Bulls will sniff around Bol Bol, Artie originally drafted him in Denver and he's got size, shooting, and rim protection that they need. Worth exploring as an backup 4/5 end of the bench guy.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#180 » by FriedRise » Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 pm

Per wiretap, sounds like Ayton is prioritizing $$$ over Ws for his next contract.

When asked where things stand with the Phoenix Suns, Duffy admitted Ayton's camp is disappointed a deal wasn't already worked out.

“We’re disappointed. We wanted a max contract,” Duffy said. “He went out and was a solider the whole year, played well, improved his statistics. So, we’re proud of him. A lot of guys handle things differently, but he was very mature about it."

Duffy expressed confidence that Ayton will still get a good deal, even if it's not with Phoenix.

"Things will work out for Deandre. He’s a valuable player," Duffy said. "There’s other teams in the league as well. He’s a restricted free agent, so we’ll see how this process unfolds.”

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267073/Deandre-Aytons-Agent-Disappointed-We-Didnt-Get-A-Max-Deal

In other words, he's not taking any paycut to stay in Phoenix, which makes sense after the way their season ended.

Return to Chicago Bulls