Image ImageImage Image

Bulls GM Search - Eversley, Hughes, Lloyd, Finley, Newman, Brown inteviewed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,532

Re: Bulls GM Search Official Thread - Permission to Speak to 3 Candidates [Woj] 

Post#101 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:09 pm

Red8911 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is good. I think?

Finley might finally end up a Bull.

It’s as if Cuban is trying to get rid of Finley lol.He was the one that came up with that idea and now ago for the second time he’s saying he hopes the bulls want him. Doesn’t sound like someone who wants Finley there that’s for sure.

I think he just wants to see a good employee get a break. Same was true of Connelly/Kroenke pushing AK for the Bulls job.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,293

Post#102 » by HomoSapien » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:23 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
Finley might finally end up a Bull.

It’s as if Cuban is trying to get rid of Finley lol.He was the one that came up with that idea and now ago for the second time he’s saying he hopes the bulls want him. Doesn’t sound like someone who wants Finley there that’s for sure.

I think he just wants to see a good employee get a break. Same was true Connelly/Kroenke pushing AK for the Bulls job.

There's been articles just about how tight Cuban and Finley are. He's trying to be supportive and advocate for him to get a better job that's not currently available in Dallas. That's true friendship.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#103 » by TheHrvReport » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:55 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Red8911 wrote:It’s as if Cuban is trying to get rid of Finley lol.He was the one that came up with that idea and now ago for the second time he’s saying he hopes the bulls want him. Doesn’t sound like someone who wants Finley there that’s for sure.

I think he just wants to see a good employee get a break. Same was true Connelly/Kroenke pushing AK for the Bulls job.

There's been articles just about how tight Cuban and Finley are. He's trying to be supportive and advocate for him to get a better job that's not currently available in Dallas. That's true friendship.

Good on Cuban to let his friend go get his promotion and not want to desperately hold on to him like Riley is doing with Battier. Why do I feel like Riley has a bias against Chicago?
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,532

Post#104 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:57 pm

TheHrvReport wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Good on Cuban to let his friend go get his promotion and not want to desperately hold on to him like Riley is doing with Battier. Why do I feel like Riley has a bias against Chicago?

I think Riley is keyed in on his succession plan. Blocking two execs from interviewing for promotions with other teams seems greedy, though.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,758

Post#105 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:25 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Come on, Mark. Reply to your emails!

Side story, back in the day when the internet was still new Mark Cuban would give his email out and personally respond to fans. When I was 15 or 16 I emailed him pretending to be a Mavs fan and tried to convince him it’d be a good idea to trade Dirk for Eddy Curry. He told me “no **** way!” I did what I could for this franchise.

I called Krause right before the draft I think in 2000. I was a bit drinky that night and thought it would be funny. It was 10:30 at night and I just dialed the main number and the menu gave me his extension and he picked up. I was not really prepared so I tried to talk to him about the draft. He shortly became annoyed figuring out that I was absolutely nobody and hung up on me. The next day I tried calling Jordan. He had a much better screening process at the Wizards lol.

Amazing, we should have tried to get to Pax.

I am pretty sure Krause was manning the phone @ 10:30 hoping for some trade offer. Short of being cussed out by him I could tell he was not pleased. I am absolutely sure Paxson had a screener. I was impressed Krause was burning the midnight oil and that he picked up on the first ring. He lived up to his billing that night.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,758

Post#106 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I called Krause right before the draft I think in 2000. I was a bit drinky that night and thought it would be funny. It was 10:30 at night and I just dialed the main number and the menu gave me his extension and he picked up. I was not really prepared so I tried to talk to him about the draft. He shortly became annoyed figuring out that I was absolutely nobody and hung up on me. The next day I tried calling Jordan. He had a much better screening process at the Wizards lol.

Amazing, we should have tried to get to Pax.

Pax might’ve met him in the parking lot.

We had that moment at a game. He looked ready to punch me when I said hi to him.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#107 » by GameBredAPBT » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Finley needs to be the Bulls GM. It’s destiny

From Pax/Gar/Boi to AK/Finley/Griffin

If I’d have said that’d be the new face of the franchise last April, what would you have said?
rmlsr
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#108 » by rmlsr » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:17 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:Finley needs to be the Bulls GM. It’s destiny

From Pax/Gar/Boi to AK/Finley/Griffin

If I’d have said that’d be the new face of the franchise last April, what would you have said?

I don’t want Finley hired just cuz he grew up in Chicago I want the best candidate to get the job!!! If that’s Michael Finley then that’s great I’m good with that.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#109 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:38 am

TheHrvReport wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

1991, 1992, & 1993.

:)
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#110 » by StunnerKO » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rmlsr
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#111 » by rmlsr » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe now we will hear more names that have been interviewed this week. Or maybe AK is close to making a decision.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,860

Post#112 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:48 am

What are Michael Finley's credentials exactly?
Why so serious?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#113 » by Jcool0 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 am

kulaz3000 wrote:What are Michael Finley's credentials exactly?

Has spent the last seven seasons in the Dallas front office as either the assistant vice president of basketball operations or just vice president of basketball operations.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#114 » by Payt10 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:04 am

Dallas hasn't exactly drafted well the last few years, with the exception of Doncic.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

Post#115 » by chicago paxsons » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 am

Payt10 wrote:Dallas hasn't exactly drafted well the last few years, with the exception of Doncic.

That may not be michael finley’s primary role in the fo. It’s easier to find out someone’s title than it is to know what they do behind the scenes. Mark cuban speaks highly of him, which isn’t a bad thing, and frankly i’m going to trust arturas’ judgement and if he thinks finley is the right guy for the job i’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Re: Bulls GM Search On fficial Thread - Permission to Speak to 3 Candidates [Woj] 

Post#116 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:14 am

kulaz3000 wrote:What are Michael Finley's credentials exactly?

He’s a protege of Nelly & has been the old man’s right leg for a while now. Mavs value him greatly & speak very highly of him

He’s from the west side of Chicago & is a lifelong Bulls fan

He’s one of the “boys” and is well liked amongst players

Those in the know say he’s ready for a bump up in position & decision making
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,860

Post#117 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:15 am

Payt10 wrote:Dallas hasn't exactly drafted well the last few years, with the exception of Doncic.

That's my thinking.

And some of their moves in free agency and trades has been mediocre at best.

They've given some horrible contracts to some average players.
Why so serious?
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#118 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:23 am

Dallas has done very well lately. The maneuvering for Doncic, and especially the pivotal trade for KP, who is truly one of the best bigs in the league. Highway robbery & gutsy risk
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,789

Post#119 » by Dez » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:29 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:Dallas has done very well lately. The maneuvering for Doncic, and especially the pivotal trade for KP, who is truly one of the best bigs in the league. Highway robbery & gutsy risk

In what league is Porzingis one of the best bigs?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#120 » by Jcool0 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:33 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

That's my thinking.

And some of their moves in free agency and trades has been mediocre at best.

They've given some horrible contracts to some average players.

Well its a good thing Bulls didnt interview Donnie Nelson.

Return to Chicago Bulls