Image ImageImage Image

Zach LaVine's impending Free Agency

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,707

Re: Zach LaVine's impending Free Agency 

Post#101 » by sco » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:57 pm

:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,821

Post#102 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:12 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:it's not only not extremely unlikely, it may not even be unlikely. the bulls are projected as a .500 team. and they have to be a 6 seed to avoid a play-in

bull. Derozan is being extremely undervalued as are Ball, LaVine and Vuc. We will have at least two all-stars and win 50+ games. These journalists are morons.

it's not just journalists. it's vegas and bettors, including bulls fans, who surely make up a large % of the people betting on the bulls over/under. bet against vegas at your peril

i look forward to your litany of excuses if/when the bulls don't win 50+ games this coming season

and for the record, i don't think that 50 wins would be an outlandish outcome. but it's on the outer edge of realistic. it would require 8.5 game outperformance. know how often a projected middle-of-the-pack team (35-45 win projection) ends up outperforming by that much? about 10-15% of the time. my instinct is that the bulls have a better shot than that, but certainly not by much

I would take 45 wins. If we stay healthy I think we exceed that though. Knicks and Suns blew away expectations last season. Jazz probably fall in that category too.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,602

Post#103 » by dice » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:04 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
bull. Derozan is being extremely undervalued as are Ball, LaVine and Vuc. We will have at least two all-stars and win 50+ games. These journalists are morons.

it's not just journalists. it's vegas and bettors, including bulls fans, who surely make up a large % of the people betting on the bulls over/under. bet against vegas at your peril

i look forward to your litany of excuses if/when the bulls don't win 50+ games this coming season

and for the record, i don't think that 50 wins would be an outlandish outcome. but it's on the outer edge of realistic. it would require 8.5 game outperformance. know how often a projected middle-of-the-pack team (35-45 win projection) ends up outperforming by that much? about 10-15% of the time. my instinct is that the bulls have a better shot than that, but certainly not by much

I would take 45 wins. If we stay healthy I think we exceed that though. Knicks and Suns blew away expectations last season. Jazz probably fall in that category too.

the jazz did it with strong improvements on both ends of the court and spectacular 3 pt shooting. that's not a realistic model for the bulls

the knicks did it with a new coach of the year who massively improved their defense, plus a breakout performance by randle. that obviously is not the bulls model for overachieving in the coming season

the suns added one of the most impactful players in the league in chris paul. demar derozan is very good, but he's no cp3. frankly, it'll be tough for him to be better than thad was last year for the bulls

how does a team play small-ball effectively w/o elite 3 pt shooting? that will be the question the bulls have to answer this season

are the bulls the first team in nba history w/ only one established rotation player over 6'7"?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#104 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:14 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:it's not just journalists. it's vegas and bettors, including bulls fans, who surely make up a large % of the people betting on the bulls over/under. bet against vegas at your peril

the jazz did it with strong improvements on both ends of the court and spectacular 3 pt shooting. that's not a realistic model for the bulls

the knicks did it with a new coach of the year who massively improved their defense, plus a breakout performance by randle. that obviously is not the bulls model for overachieving in the coming season

the suns added one of the most impactful players in the league in chris paul. demar derozan is very good, but he's no cp3. frankly, it'll be tough for him to be better than thad was last year for the bulls

how does a team play small-ball effectively w/o elite 3 pt shooting? that will be the question the bulls have to answer this season

are the bulls the first team in nba history w/ only one established rotation player over 6'7"?

Derozan played at an all-star level last season. 21 and 7 assists on high efficiency and you compare him to Thad? He is a significantly better player. Thad wasn’t even starter quality or rather he couldn’t handle starter minutes.
dice
RealGM

Post#105 » by dice » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:54 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Derozan played at an all-star level last season. 21 and 7 assists on high efficiency and you compare him to Thad? He is a significantly better player. Thad wasn’t even starter quality or rather he couldn’t handle starter minutes.

couldn't handle starter minutes over pat freaking williams? get serious. we all know why williams was starting, and it wasn't because he could "handle" starter minutes better than thad. preposterous take

per 36 last season:

23/5/7/2to/1s/0b 59%ts derozan
18/9/6/3to/2s/1b 58%ts thad

to suggest that thad was less than outstanding last season is slanderous. he provided way more rebounding and defense than derozan and was a killer in the paint offensively while still being an effective passer. he will be sorely missed. you can take that to the bank

you'd better take 45 wins
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#106 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:19 pm

dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:the jazz did it with strong improvements on both ends of the court and spectacular 3 pt shooting. that's not a realistic model for the bulls

couldn't handle starter minutes over pat freaking williams? get serious. we all know why williams was starting, and it wasn't because he could "handle" starter minutes better than thad. preposterous take

per 36 last season:

to suggest that thad was less than outstanding last season is slanderous. he provided way more rebounding and defense than derozan and was a killer in the paint offensively while still being an effective passer. he will be sorely missed. you can take that to the bank

I saw for myself how Thad’s perform deteriorated when he played heavy minutes. He couldn’t handle 30 minutes a night so g sustained performance. Has nothing to do with Williams who played mostly SF last season.
dice
RealGM

Post#107 » by dice » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

per 36 last season:

I saw for myself how Thad’s perform deteriorated when he played heavy minutes. He couldn’t handle 30 minutes a night so g sustained performance. Has nothing to do with Williams who played mostly SF last season.

what exactly do you consider "heavy minutes"?
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,783

Post#108 » by gardenofsound » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:50 am

Just coming to say that I believe Zach joining up with Klutch is to help maximize his endorsement income. His Adidas deal is up, I believe, and he has to be thinking about what his next shoe endorsement looks like. Not to mention all of the other avenues.

He's trying to play with the big boys.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#109 » by erlim » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:27 am

gardenofsound wrote:Just coming to say that I believe Zach joining up with Klutch is to help maximize his endorsement income. His Adidas deal is up, I believe, and he has to be thinking about what his next shoe endorsement looks like. Not to mention all of the other avenues.

Wow that’s actually pretty crazy to think about. It seems like Adidas did not push Zach AT ALL. No commercials, signature shoes…it kind of flies in the face of the idea that big market = big endorsement opportunities idea a lot of us had back in the days when we desperately tried to acquire Amare, or Lebron, or Wade the first time, or Carmelo.
Devinpo
Junior
And1: 189

Post#110 » by Devinpo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:00 pm

erlim wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:Just coming to say that I believe Zach joining up with Klutch is to help maximize his endorsement income. His Adidas deal is up, I believe, and he has to be thinking about what his next shoe endorsement looks like. Not to mention all of the other avenues.

Wow that’s actually pretty crazy to think about. It seems like Adidas did not push Zach AT ALL. No commercials, signature shoes…it kind of flies in the face of the idea that big market = big endorsement opportunities idea a lot of us had back in the days when we desperately tried to acquire Amare, or Lebron, or Wade the first time, or Carmelo.

Would be nice for him to join team Jordan being on the bulls. That would be Dope
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#111 » by HINrichPolice » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:58 pm

erlim wrote:

I wonder if Adidas didn't push Zach as a signature shoe guy because of some lasting exhaustion of the Derrick Rose era. Adidas went all-in on Rose AND Chicago, and likely didn't get them the return they wanted, at least domestically. Would be interesting if Nike or Jordan Brand made Zach one of their next big names alongside Chicago.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,783

Post#112 » by gardenofsound » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Keep in mind, LaVine signed his last shoe deal right as he signed his RFA extension with the Bulls. Half of the years since have been totally disrupted by COVID, and the entire period has been a meh lottery build.

I fully expect Zach to sign a new deal, be it with Adidas or another shoe brand, and a signature shoe will drop soon thereafter. You'll start seeing a lot more of his face on billboards, magazine inserts and online ads.

Big endorsements and pub come when your team is winning and/or you're racking up accolades. Zach just played his first ASG. More big things on the horizon for him this year. Playoff attention is going to explode his brand.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#113 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:25 pm

If he's signing with Klutch then he's about to invest heavily into his branding and I am all for it. The bigger his brand the bigger his name and the bigger impact he has for the Bulls.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,129

Post#114 » by Wingy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:26 pm

gardenofsound wrote:Keep in mind, LaVine signed his last shoe deal right as he signed his RFA extension with the Bulls. Half of the years since have been totally disrupted by COVID, and the entire period has been a meh lottery build.

I fully expect Zach to sign a new deal, be it with Adidas or another shoe brand, and a signature shoe will drop soon thereafter. You'll start seeing a lot more of his face on billboards, magazine inserts and online ads.

Big endorsements and pub come when your team is winning and/or you're racking up accolades. Zach just played his first ASG. More big things on the horizon for him this year. Playoff attention is going to explode his brand.

Yup, Zach's about to start getting recognized as a star, and the Bulls and us fans are going to go w/him.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,318

Post#115 » by R3AL1TY » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:50 pm

Hopefully, Klutch doesn't screw him out of good deals because with how they handled certain players' situations lately, I personally would avoid them if I was in the position of Zach.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#116 » by FriedRise » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,762

Post#117 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm

Wingy wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:Keep in mind, LaVine signed his last shoe deal right as he signed his RFA extension with the Bulls. Half of the years since have been totally disrupted by COVID, and the entire period has been a meh lottery build.

Yup, Zach's about to start getting recognized as a star, and the Bulls and us fans are going to go w/him.

He wasn't really in position to be heavily marketed prior to this all the reasons mentioned above. Rose was ROY in the playoffs and the youngest MVP. 2 years ago the argument was still if Zach was the man on this team or if Lauri would be. Really Zach was know as a dunker previous to his shoe deal and that is it. He has vastly improved and now has national spotlight, its a good time for him to maximize endorsement money and on top of that nationally people are interested in watching this Bulls team more than they have been since Butler was traded. While not favorites they are a watchable team with a top offensive player. Timing is right for this.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,955

Post#118 » by Mk0 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:39 am

R3AL1TY wrote:Hopefully, Klutch doesn't screw him out of good deals because with how they handled certain players' situations lately, I personally would avoid them if I was in the position of Zach.

His contract is a layup for Klutch. They are going to earn their money on his endorsements. That is where we will find out how much attention they give him.

By all accounts he should blow up this year. He is the star player of a historic franchise, coming off a gold medal Olympics and walking into a max contract. He will get Klutch's attention.

*Bonus points in that Lonzo is starting next to him and I am sure Klutch would love to market them together.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,955

Post#119 » by Mk0 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:44 am

MrFortune3 wrote:If he's signing with Klutch then he's about to invest heavily into his branding and I am all for it. The bigger his brand the bigger his name and the bigger impact he has for the Bulls.

Listen carefully and you can hear the faintest sound.. it is getting louder.. what is that?

Damn right! star treatment coming your way Chicago. Get ready for some god damned free throws!
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,887

Post#120 » by Jcool0 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:56 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls