Image ImageImage Image

Edited: Noah argued with Ben Wallace in lockeroom

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

mysteryfan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#101 » by mysteryfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:38 pm

TB#1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It is in one of the articles I posted, but I can't find it right now (sure would be nice if the search feature worked right). Maybe someone else will have better luck digging it up?

The report was that Ron Adams was yelling at Noah, saying something akin to knowing the proper position to be in is what will make us a winner and Noah snapped, screaming something to the effect of "don't m-f'ing talk to ME about m-fing winning, m-fer."

I wish I could at least remember which writer had that in the article -- it was from the Trib, Times or Herald, though. I'm pretty sure about that.

Can anyone help with the link?

I heard it on Boers and Bernstein, I didn't read it. It was Bernstein who gave it from his "sources" as opposed to Boers and his "peeps".
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#102 » by JackFinn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:58 pm

I believe it was in an existing thread.

Tommy, I looked everywhere. Couldn't find it.
Fl_Flash
Starter
And1: 379

Post#103 » by Fl_Flash » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Good for Noah!

I won't speculate what happened in the lockerroom. I'm sure there was some sort of exchange, but I doubt it was really all that much. (I guess I just speculated!) In any event, I'm glad someone is willing to call out the vets and in particular Wallace for their less-than-stellar play this season.

I can easily identify with Noah's frustration. This team is all about "earning" playing time and that there is no such thing as entitlement minutes and yet there's Ben Wallace sleepwalking through 35 minutes a game. Being a force out there with his six or seven boards and hopefully four points on .0001% shooting while guys like Noah, Gray and even Thomas can match that production in half the minutes. It'd piss me off to no end also.

I have no clue what Pax or the coaching staff are doing with this team. I can't even watch them anymore. I record every game and watch it late at night after the kids are in bed and I can have some peace and quiet. For the last 10 or so games I rarely get past halftime as I'm simply disgusted by lackluster defense and indifferent offense. I have very little respect for a coaching staff of management who is clearly favoring inferior players over ones who play hard and give us a chance to be competetive. Give me the guy who doesn't know the playbook but works his ass off. Give me the guy with the insane athetic ability who makes a lot of mistakes but also injects some excitement into the game. Give me even the plodding big white stiff who makes the right pass, sets a helluva screen and can actually make a shot close to the basket over the man making $15 mil per season who can't even do the two things he was brougt here to do: rebound and defend. If the culture of this club is no entitlement minutes, then that has to apply to everyone. My only glimmer of hope is that Wallace is being played heavily to showcase him to get his ass out of Chicago. If he's not moved by the deadline, they damn well better sit his sorry ass down and start playing the guys who actually try and give them a chance to win.
SuperUberHomerP
Ballboy

Post#104 » by SuperUberHomerP » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Does anybody think Wallace would really mind at this point having his minutes reduced? I mean, I'm sure he knows he's not the player he used to be. From where we stand today, is this a matter of Wallace wanting his minutes regardless of effort/positive effect on the team, or is this a matter of everybody assuming that he will cause problems if he doesn't get a certain amount of playing time/any playing time at all?

Does anybody think that if we began reducing his minutes, or if we started not playing him at all that he would cause a problem? Or if he was asked to take a cut in minutes and sometimes not even play that he would mind?
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,781

Post#105 » by kyrv » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Duhon was just on ESPN radio Chicago, he said if an altercation happened, it wasn't at halftime. ESPN radio Chicago update is still insisting it was halftime. So...why have Duhon on? ;p

Homer - I personally would have thought Wallace would have wanted his minutes reduced so he could in theory play basketball longer this year and for his career. This does not appear to be the case. He bristled on not playing fourth quarters and getting minutes reduced by Skiles.

I do agree, best idea is to first talk to Ben, if that doesn't work...Pax will have to make some hard decisions. That's why he gets the big bucks.
Bill Walton wrote: Keep the music playing.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,944

Post#106 » by madvillian » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Fl_Flash wrote:Good for Noah!

I won't speculate what happened in the lockerroom. I'm sure there was some sort of exchange, but I doubt it was really all that much. (I guess I just speculated!) In any event, I'm glad someone is willing to call out the vets and in particular Wallace for their less-than-stellar play this season.

I can easily identify with Noah's frustration. This team is all about "earning" playing time and that there is no such thing as entitlement minutes and yet there's Ben Wallace sleepwalking through 35 minutes a game. Being a force out there with his six or seven boards and hopefully four points on .0001% shooting while guys like Noah, Gray and even Thomas can match that production in half the minutes. It'd piss me off to no end also.

I have no clue what Pax or the coaching staff are doing with this team. I can't even watch them anymore. I record every game and watch it late at night after the kids are in bed and I can have some peace and quiet. For the last 10 or so games I rarely get past halftime as I'm simply disgusted by lackluster defense and indifferent offense. I have very little respect for a coaching staff of management who is clearly favoring inferior players over ones who play hard and give us a chance to be competetive. Give me the guy who doesn't know the playbook but works his ass off. Give me the guy with the insane athetic ability who makes a lot of mistakes but also injects some excitement into the game. Give me even the plodding big white stiff who makes the right pass, sets a helluva screen and can actually make a shot close to the basket over the man making $15 mil per season who can't even do the two things he was brougt here to do: rebound and defend. If the culture of this club is no entitlement minutes, then that has to apply to everyone. My only glimmer of hope is that Wallace is being played heavily to showcase him to get his ass out of Chicago. If he's not moved by the deadline, they damn well better sit his sorry ass down and start playing the guys who actually try and give them a chance to win.

This is an excellent post! Management is playing the scrubs with poor attitudes over the eager youngsters. Boylan is clearly as much of a Wallace/Griffin stooge is Skiles was.

It incredible that Paxson fired Skiles, and then installed the Skiles clone in Boylan, who INCREDIBALLY continues to do the same things that got Skiles fired.

This team sucks. I don't even care to watch anymore until changes are made.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,115
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#107 » by Clint Eastwood » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Fl_Flash wrote:Good for Noah!

you have just written exactly what i have been thinking and doing for some time now. all of it is great and true especially the watching the games after kids asleep and stopping at halftime. the only difference is i usually watch on speed fast forward 3 when the bulls go down 10 and finish the game in about 15 minutes of viewing time.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#108 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Granville Colter wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

you have just written exactly what i have been thinking and doing for some time now. all of it is great and true especially the watching the games after kids asleep and stopping at halftime. the only difference is i usually watch on speed fast forward 3 when the bulls go down 10 and finish the game in about 15 minutes of viewing time.

LOL... I love DVR. At this point i fast-forward until the first couple of substitutions. I have no desire to see the starting stiffs.

Although I was very encouraged with Thabo in the starting lineup.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#109 » by mr.ankle » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm

To Be Honest with you Joakim Noah attitude reminds me of a former Bull . Jay Williams . They both have the same stuck up Rich Boy Attitudes . They think they are better than everybody else because they won a College championship . His attitude really rubbed people the wrong way . I would not have any problem with Deng , Hinrich or Gordon . calling Wallace since they are more proven than Noah . Until he starts producing on a regular basis he needs to shut up . 4 points and 3 rebounds is not that impressive
topper09
Analyst

Post#110 » by topper09 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:11 pm

I love the PG rated edited topic.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#111 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:14 pm

topper09 wrote:I love the PG rated edited topic.

It more accurately reflects what happened - doesn't it?
Fl_Flash
Starter
And1: 379

Post#112 » by Fl_Flash » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Granville Colter wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I do that too. I'm usually to halftime in about 20-25 mins. My wife is still shocked when I turn the tv off in disgust and gives me her usual "the game is already over?" (feigned surprise - she actually likes that the Bulls suck because it means less time watching them and more time for her!).
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#113 » by TB#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Fl_Flash wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I do that too. I'm usually to halftime in about 20-25 mins. My wife is still shocked when I turn the tv off in disgust and gives me her usual "the game is already over?" (feigned surprise - she actually likes that the Bulls suck because it means less time watching them and more time for her!).

More time for her? What, you don't get the Military Channel?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#114 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:25 pm

More time for her? What, you don't get the Military Channel?

ROFLMAO...

You've been on fire these last few weeks TB...
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 30,177

Post#115 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:17 pm

mr.ankle wrote:To Be Honest with you Joakim Noah attitude reminds me of a former Bull . Jay Williams . They both have the same stuck up Rich Boy Attitudes . They think they are better than everybody else because they won a College championship . His attitude really rubbed people the wrong way . I would not have any problem with Deng , Hinrich or Gordon . calling Wallace since they are more proven than Noah . Until he starts producing on a regular basis he needs to shut up . 4 points and 3 rebounds is not that impressive

Interesting, so because he's new he can't comment on key players who are obviously not giving near their best effort?

Hate to tell you this, but this is what a leader is suppose to do, identify problems, address them and try to fix them. The problem is that the guy with the most leadership skills is a rookie and the guys who should be the leaders are quiet guys.

Yes Noah is a different then most but his #1 thing is that he wants to win and he stands behind his teammates, this doesn't mean he won't call them out behind closed doors but he's all about his team!

I'm sure you've had arguments with good friends, the same goes with teammates, you won't always see eye to eye but you talk about it, argue about it and move on. The difference with this is 1. The media is always looking for a story and 2. When your underachieving in the pros, the media is always looking for anything they can talk about causing the underachieving.

Now, I believe that Noah hasn't been the type of rookie who just accepts and goes with all the crap the vets give him, that is a problem internally but overall, as a player, I don't see anything but upside with him plus I see a guy who will be the leader this team desperately needs on the court... but if he's going to be a leader, he's going to have to be the hardest worker also, not just the guy who talks all the time. He's got to work on getting the respect he needs for a leadership role and that'll take time.
NoahISmyNinja
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#116 » by NoahISmyNinja » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

My guess on this is that if Pax is trying (be it behind the scenes or otherwise) to trade Wallace, he can't very well sit him down.

Starting Noah or Gray over Wallace would KILL whatever little trade value he has left.

1.)Offensive liability or not, I'd like to see Wallace playing next to Gray and Tyrus and Noah paired for as many minutes as possible.

I think you would see Wallace fair better as still very mobile weakside defender that had to guard some of these 6-8 to 6-10 PF's in the EC as opposed to your Dwight Howards of the world.

2.) I hope that Noah takes all this adversity and turns it into work on his game and his body. I expect to see a bigger more polished Noah after this offseason with the game to back up his outspokeness.
I'd love to see him take some initiative and try to work out with say a Tim Duncan over the summer. We can see that his rebound and shotblocking are going to come. He is already a good passer.
ptpablo
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#117 » by ptpablo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:20 pm

mr.ankle wrote:To Be Honest with you Joakim Noah attitude reminds me of a former Bull . Jay Williams . They both have the same stuck up Rich Boy Attitudes . They think they are better than everybody else because they won a College championship . His attitude really rubbed people the wrong way . I would not have any problem with Deng , Hinrich or Gordon . calling Wallace since they are more proven than Noah . Until he starts producing on a regular basis he needs to shut up . 4 points and 3 rebounds is not that impressive

What I am about to write is all speculation.
I am willing to bet if Noah was on a team with a strong leader, he would take a back seat. He is on a team with a bunch of pansies and sees that, of all people, Ben "cash it in" Wallace is trying to take a leadership role. He decided to step up because no one else worthy will. He has been on great teams and won. He can fit in. In regards to the yelling match, he just blew up because of this BS season. That is being emotional, something this team sorely needs. Being upset with laughing teammates and going rounds with Wallace is him deciding that he wants no part of this nonsense and is going to let his voice be heard.
Biggame 33
Pro Prospect

Post#118 » by Biggame 33 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:48 pm

bulls6 wrote:No one has challenged Wallace & the way he is dragging the Bulls into hell. Duhon mentioned something to a reporter but apparently not to Ben's face.

Noah seems to be the first to challenge Wallace & his aura of indifference

It shouldnt have to be Noah - but it shows how bad the wound is festering

Sorry but Wallace isnt the only player dragging the bulls down.
Yeah he is the highest paided but he has help bringing them down .
The whole team is horrible from top to bottom.
I wish you guys would stop ripping Wallace and tear into the whole team.
None of our perimeter shooters are shooting well and we have no big guy that can bang in the paint.
Reading these posts and seeing wallace as the target is crazy.
Hinrich and Gordon are inconsistent day in and day out .
Deng scores 20 points one night and then 10 the next night.
Duhon is not a starter and the bench sucks as well .
From paxson all the way down to the 12th man is to blame .
Not just wallace because he makes 15 million a year .
Put wallace on a playoff team and he will shine like the Ben Wallace of 4 years ago.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,781

Post#119 » by kyrv » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Biggame 33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sorry but Wallace isnt the only player dragging the bulls down.
Yeah he is the highest paided but he has help bringing them down .
The whole team is horrible from top to bottom.
I wish you guys would stop ripping Wallace and tear into the whole team.
None of our perimeter shooters are shooting well and we have no big guy that can bang in the paint.
Reading these posts and seeing wallace as the target is crazy.
Hinrich and Gordon are inconsistent day in and day out .
Deng scores 20 points one night and then 10 the next night.
Duhon is not a starter and the bench sucks as well .
From paxson all the way down to the 12th man is to blame .
Not just wallace because he makes 15 million a year .
Put wallace on a playoff team and he will shine like the Ben Wallace of 4 years ago.

Other people have already pointed this out, but I will again. Hinrich and Deng aren't playing ahead of younger, better players.

And nobody on the team is as bad on offense as Wallace. Nobody. And he's not doing to well on defense. Right now, he's not a good player. We have people who could do better, riding the pine. This is why Wallace is the target. And his contract too of course.
Bill Walton wrote: Keep the music playing.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 24,126

Post#120 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:56 pm

If A.D were still here none of this nonsense that is going on right now would happen. All the players seemed to have a respect for A.D and his leadership. There just seems to be a lack of respect for Wallace by our players.

Wallace just wants to argue with Noah. But A.D would have gone up to the stands and slapped the sh*t out of Noah, and then sat down with him to talk. I knew it was a mistake to trade him with Curry to the Knicks. We havn't had a true leader on this team since his depature..
Why so serious?

Return to Chicago Bulls