Image ImageImage Image

Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

Sparky134
Freshman
And1: 22

Re: Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise 

Post#1061 » by Sparky134 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Noah and Rose are also the heart and soul of this team- in that order. When Rose went down we knew we weren't getting past Miami, but then when Noah also went down it was game over. I love watching these two and anyone else on the team can get moved, imo.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#1062 » by DanTown8587 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

AirP. wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:
aaqubed wrote:When it comes to trading Noah and starting Asik, it really depends on what we're talking about in terms of return. I would definitely be for trading Noah if it meant getting a stud SG back. If we can turn Noah and the Bobcats' pick into Eric Gordon or James Harden, I'd definitely do that. Rose/Gordon/Deng/Boozer/Asik is more than enough offense to cover up Asik's deficiencies.

It's a much tougher decision if you're talking about someone like Kevin Martin, who, while good, is probably not a legit #2 option on a championship contender.

It's no decision either way. You can't start Asik and win a championship.

That's right, those 2 extra baskets Noah brings are much bigger then having a much better option at SG then we currently have.

If basketball was only that black and white. There is a massive difference in

1. The guys Omer can defend
2. The guys Noah can defend
3. The way teams defend Noah
4. The ways teams defend Omer

Also, you try and be AHEAD of trends, not behind them. Do you notice the trend in the league is small ball? The Heat won with a lot of Bosh/James up front. The Celtics went on their run this year moving KG to the 5. The Thunder had wildly successful lineups with Durant at the 4 and/or Ibaka at the 5.

If you keep Omer, you're limiting what lineups you can play and how well you matchup with teams. The thing about Deng is that whoever you replace him with is going to be a wing player. But Noah's versatility defensively is HUGE. Omer doesn't have that and if you rely on him to be your only center, a lot of teams will be able to go smaller and quicker and not worry about the other end because Omer isn't going to make teams pay for that.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 30,177

Post#1063 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:It's not simply that Noah scores more: he's more of a threat to score. He also passes much better. I'm sorry, but you're drunk on Asik koolaid.

Nah, I'm drunk with Thib's and his defense and having an MVP type player on offense.

I guess call me silly, but I remember Chicago not missing a beat when Noah was injured last year and we plugged in an old K.Thomas.

I get Noah's a very good player, but I also believe in Thib's defensive system, what I don't have faith in is his ability to get this team to score when the pressure is on.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,245

Post#1064 » by D_GoLow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm

AirP. wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:It's not simply that Noah scores more: he's more of a threat to score. He also passes much better. I'm sorry, but you're drunk on Asik koolaid.

Nah, I'm drunk with Thib's and his defense and having an MVP type player on offense.

I guess call me silly, but I remember Chicago not missing a beat when Noah was injured last year and we plugged in an old K.Thomas.

I get Noah's a very good player, but I also believe in Thib's defensive system, what I don't have faith in is his ability to get this team to score when the pressure is on.

Truth is if Noah gets us a legit 2nd option (Harden/Gordon) paired with Rose, we can get away with Asik starting at C, hands down, no brainer, where do I sign...
This is not a moment, it's a movement
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,962

Post#1065 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 pm

GetSeven wrote:Truth is if Noah gets us a legit 2nd option (Harden/Gordon) paired with Rose, we can get away with Asik starting at C, hands down, no brainer, where do I sign...

Worked for OKC... oh, wait.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#1066 » by blumeany » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:
GetSeven wrote:Truth is if Noah gets us a legit 2nd option (Harden/Gordon) paired with Rose, we can get away with Asik starting at C, hands down, no brainer, where do I sign...

Noah for Gordon. :lol:

And as far as Harden goes, we actually need a SG who will be able to make it to the Finals, so no. :D
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
PJ Brown
Lead Assistant
And1: 84

Post#1067 » by PJ Brown » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Trading Noah would probably be a huge mistake under most any circumstances, but I think you'd have to do it if it garnered you a legit title-level #2 scorer. This is something that Deng can't net you in a trade. If Noah can get that guy, you get that guy. Otherwise, I don't think he's remotely overpaid for his position and skill and struggle find much reason to move him.

I know its mostly in jest, but regarding Harden, a lot of people have had bad finals or conference finals and come back to vindicate themselves with more maturity. LeBron didn't exactly carry his weight in last year's finals. People learn and grow. Harden's still a valuable commodity.
aaqubed
RealGM
And1: 830

Post#1068 » by aaqubed » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:

Harden played terribly in the Finals. I don't expect him to play like that all the time. But the Bulls' D is still much, much better than OKC's, with or without Noah.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1069 » by D_GoLow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:

Yes, it has worked for OKC, they've gotten better year after year.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#1070 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:12 pm

GetSeven wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:

Their best player is better than ours, and their defense-only center still got them killed against the Heat with the very guy you want to trade Noah for on their roster.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1071 » by D_GoLow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:Their best player is better than ours, and their defense-only center still got them killed against the Heat with the very guy you want to trade Noah for on their roster.

Noah is way more active/versitile than Perkins, on his best day. Noah's ability to run the floor would fit well with that team, I'd be a fan.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#1072 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm

GetSeven wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:Their best player is better than ours, and their defense-only center still got them killed against the Heat with the very guy you want to trade Noah for on their roster.

Noah is way more active/versitile than Perkins, on his best day. Noah's ability to run the floor would fit well with that team, I'd be a fan.

Well yeah. My concern is our team.
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#1073 » by thedarkstark » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:
GetSeven wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:Worked for OKC... oh, wait.

Their best player is better than ours, and their defense-only center still got them killed against the Heat with the very guy you want to trade Noah for on their roster.

Did you watch the Finals?

Ibaka and Perkins horrid defense was a huge reason why they lost. Ibaka was diving to the paint way too often, leaving Shane Battier and WIDE OPEN all series long, and he didn't even hustle back to close out on him despite him burying 3's all series. And when he actuall was in the right place, he left his feet too soon, leaving the paint wide open for a cutter. Perkins was even worse, but that's mainly because the Heat went to a small lineup with Bosh playing C, and Perkins is just way too slow to stay in front of him.

As bad James Harden was, Ibaka and Perkins lost the series for OKC, they were just horredous on both ends of the floor. Perkins was too slow to stay in front of anyone, and Ibaka was constantly out of position.

Taj and Omer are on another level defensively from those guys. They are each top 2-3 at their position defensively. If Asik could play 38 minutes a game he'd be 1st or 2nd in DPOY voting every year. Will he ever be capable of playing those kinds of minutes though? Who knows, probably not.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 30,177

Post#1074 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 pm

thedarkstark wrote:Perkins was even worse, but that's mainly because the Heat went to a small lineup with Bosh playing C, and Perkins is just way too slow to stay in front of him.

Oklahoma City center Kendrick Perkins played with a partially torn groin in the final three rounds of the playoffs, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Perkins mobility was severely limited in the NBA Finals after suffering the injury in Game 4 of the Thunder's opening-round sweep of the Dallas Mavericks.

For the playoffs, Perkins averaged 4.7 points and 6.2 rebounds in 20 games. Considered one of the top post defenders in the league, Perkins struggled to jump and move laterally in the Finals against Miami.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--okc-s ... yoffs.html
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1075 » by D_GoLow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:
GetSeven wrote:

Well yeah. My concern is our team.

Noah to OKC & Harden to Chicago helps both teams
LoveDaBoo
RealGM

Post#1076 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

thedarkstark wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:
GetSeven wrote:Yes, it has worked for OKC, they've gotten better year after year.

Ibaka and Perkins horrid defense was a huge reason why they lost. Ibaka was diving to the paint way too often, leaving Shane Battier and WIDE OPEN all series long, and he didn't even hustle back to close out on him despite him burying 3's all series. And when he actuall was in the right place, he left his feet too soon, leaving the paint wide open for a cutter. Perkins was even worse, but that's mainly because the Heat went to a small lineup with Bosh playing C, and Perkins is just way too slow to stay in front of him.

Right. Just exactly how Asik'd be against that team: too slow to close out on wing player, often leaving his feet on pump fakes.

As bad James Harden was, Ibaka and Perkins lost the series for OKC, they were just horredous on both ends of the floor. Perkins was too slow to stay in front of anyone, and Ibaka was constantly out of position.

Right: like Perkins, Asik is too slow against a team like Miami. Also like Perkins, he brings nothing on the offensive end.

Taj and Omer are on another level defensively from those guys. They are each top 2-3 at their position defensively. If Asik could play 38 minutes a game he'd be 1st or 2nd in DPOY voting every year. Will he ever be capable of playing those kinds of minutes though? Who knows, probably not.

LOL, just no.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 34,522

Post#1077 » by fleet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 pm

^^^^Omer Asik? Asik is not slow. You can knock him for his flaws all you want. Hes almost what you could call a fast twitch 7 footer who comes out of the paint and closes out. And he's not slow changing ends either. He's not a bender, but hes not slow.
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#1078 » by thedarkstark » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:
thedarkstark wrote:
LoveDaBoo wrote:[

Right. Just exactly how Asik'd be against that team: too slow to close out on wing player, often leaving his feet on pump fakes.

Right: like Perkins, Asik is too slow against a team like Miami. Also like Perkins, he brings nothing on the offensive end.

LOL, just no.

I don't even know where to start.

For starters, Asik wouldn't be switching onto wing players, Bulls don't switch on picks, it's up to the big man to hedge and stop penetration until the wing recovers.

Second, Asik is way bigger than Perkins, taller, longer arms, probably more athletic as well.

3rd, as has been mentioned (which I didn't know) Perkins was injured. And Asik is certainly not slow, say all you want about him having bad hands and being a bit clumsy but he moves extremely well for a 7 footer.

4th, Ibaka is the most overrated defender in the league. He's a supreme shot blocker but he's not smart, he gambles constantly, and again is slow to closeout on shooters. Taj is better, he's also much older as well, but that's pretty much irrelevant at this juncture in time.
GloriaJames
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1079 » by GloriaJames » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 pm

GetSeven wrote:Noah to OKC & Harden to Chicago helps both teams

I don't think it helps OKC as much as it helps us. Harden is a super efficient, well-rounded shooting guard with more room for improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best or second best shooting guard in the league in a couple of years.
Noah, on the other hand, is a great defensive center who does all of the little things and has some semblance of an offensive game. A top 10 center no doubt, but he is who he is at this point, and his value is not the same as Harden's.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1080 » by D_GoLow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 pm

blumeany wrote:And as far as Harden goes, we actually need a SG who will be able to make it to the Finals, so no. :D

This doesn't make any sense, didn't Harden make it to the Finals??

Return to Chicago Bulls