Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#1101 » by dpucane » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 pm

gobullschi wrote:It’s a bad trade. LaVine is on the verge of an all-star season (if guys stay healthy). If AK decides to blow it up, it will be next off season for a top 5 draft pick in 2021.
Nobody is trading Zach Lavine for someone like Jalen Green/Cade/Boston/Kuminga. Again, everyone is overvaluing Zach and devaluing the 21 & 22 drafts

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1102 » by gobullschi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:25 pm

dpucane wrote:
gobullschi wrote:It’s a bad trade. LaVine is on the verge of an all-star season (if guys stay healthy). If AK decides to blow it up, it will be next off season for a top 5 draft pick in 2021.
Nobody is trading Zach Lavine for someone like Jalen Green/Cade/Boston/Kuminga. Again, everyone is overvaluing Zach and devaluing the 21 & 22 drafts

No we aren’t. We don’t want to move the best player on the team for a bunch of junk.

You trying to hype up some late first round picks for a 25 year old SG that puts 25+PPG is a joke.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1103 » by gobullschi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Gary Harris + Will Barton + 2021 1st Round Pick (lottery protected) for Otto Porter Jr. & 2021 2nd Round Pick

Bulls forfeit their 2021 cap space, but add a 2021 1st and two veterans to help mentor the Bulls youth. Barton has secondary playmaking ability, which is needed with a White/LaVine backcourt. Bulls will look to move Young at All-Star break (when PatWill ready for more mins) for another draft asset in 2021. Bulls bank on player development.

Denver gambles on Otto Porter Jr.’s health and create enough cap space in 2021 to add their ‘3rd Star’ next to Jokic & Murray. Denver still has MPJ, Bol Bol, & RJ Hampton that they can slowly develop next to their stars.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,947

Post#1104 » by ChettheJet » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

I focus on the Hawks because I keep seeing where the Bulls were when they had Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon, Deng, Noah, Gooden, Nocioni, Sefelosha. All good some very good players nobody great or head and shoulders above the rest of the group. Pretty much the same when some changes brought Boozer, Rose, Gibson, Korver, Brewer and that group. Good but not championship great.

I see that the Hawks had a good young roster of lottery picks that could grow together then they sign Gallanari, Rondo, Dunn and Bogdan, and get Snell and Solomon Hill, where they already have these young guys, add Okongwu where they have Capela and Collins. If they are bringing in veterans they're going to play them if they're paying them so how are the young guys they retain, Hunter, Huerter, Collins, Reddish, Goodwin, LaBissiere going to develop sharing backup minutes?

It just seems like ATL has a split personality of having good young players that just need a little time to develop but bring in 6 veteran players which looks like a win now strategy pushing those young guys to the bench with very little time to develop. Be it picks or more veterans with shorter contracts it seems like they would be better off moving some of those young guys while they still look to have potential.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 350

Post#1105 » by BigJimFinn » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:20 pm

gobullschi wrote:Gary Harris + Will Barton + 2021 1st Round Pick (lottery protected) for Otto Porter Jr. & 2021 2nd Round Pick

Bulls forfeit their 2021 cap space, but add a 2021 1st and two veterans to help mentor the Bulls youth. Barton has secondary playmaking ability, which is needed with a White/LaVine backcourt. Bulls will look to move Young at All-Star break (when PatWill ready for more mins) for another draft asset in 2021. Bulls bank on player development.

Denver gambles on Otto Porter Jr.’s health and create enough cap space in 2021 to add their ‘3rd Star’ next to Jokic & Murray. Denver still has MPJ, Bol Bol, & RJ Hampton that they can slowly develop next to their stars.

Denver already lost Jerami Grant and Torrey Craig, their biggest need is versatile wing defenders for 2-4 positions. They are certainly not going to trade two more wings for one Otto Porter, who hasn't looked very good on D even when healthy, and they are CERTAINLY not going to throw in a FRP.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,106

Post#1106 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm

ATL over did it. They will be making trades.

I think Bogey gets matched by SAC
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,106

Post#1107 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 pm

If we trade OPJ it will be for a vet star that is no longer a number one like Kemba. Obviously Kemba won’t be the guy and it will require another asset.

Or OPJ gets traded for a later 1st. This is the trade that seems most likely. We take back expirings and a pick.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1108 » by gobullschi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:50 pm

BigJimFinn wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Gary Harris + Will Barton + 2021 1st Round Pick (lottery protected) for Otto Porter Jr. & 2021 2nd Round Pick

Denver already lost Jerami Grant and Torrey Craig, their biggest need is versatile wing defenders for 2-4 positions. They are certainly not going to trade two more wings for one Otto Porter, who hasn't looked very good on D even when healthy, and they are CERTAINLY not going to throw in a FRP.

Valid points. They would need to find some wing defenders in FA. If OPJ is healthy, he is a better player than both Harris and Barton.

It’s definitely a gamble for Denver. They do the deal because it gives them an opportunity to have the cap space to sign a max FA AND keeps them contending this year. If Denver advances far into the playoffs and MPJ continues to improve, Denver will be the top FA destination in 2021.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 663

Post#1109 » by boozapalooza » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 pm

It’s odd the Temple signing has not been announced yet. Perhaps Karnisovas is working on a S&T behind the scenes....

Thad and Sato for Dinwiddie and Temple

Who says no? Thad and Sato would be 2 vet guys that would fit well coming off the bench for the Nets. Can’t imagine Dinwiddie is thrilled to be a backup and may want out. I’d be willing to add a protected pick if needed.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#1110 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 am

"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

Post#1111 » by MisterRoy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:17 am

weneeda2guard wrote:https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11/24/nba-rumors-chicago-bulls-houston-rockets-trade-russell-westbrook-zach-lavine/2/

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I can totally see RWB coming here and Donovan counting on him changing his game to incorporate the entire team.

It actually working is another story...

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,245

Post#1112 » by Red8911 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 am

weneeda2guard wrote:https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11/24/nba-rumors-chicago-bulls-houston-rockets-trade-russell-westbrook-zach-lavine/2/

I say do it. This team needs an alpha who can lead them. Not only will he make the bulls a playoff team but also most players would benefit from him. I know many hate this idea but I think this would be a great trade.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,704

Post#1113 » by sco » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:28 am

MisterRoy wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I can totally see RWB coming here and Donovan counting on him changing his game to incorporate the entire team.

It actually working is another story...

Sent from somewhere you've never been.

I'd like to see how Zach adjusted to being a second option. It is his proper role, if he could adjust, it might really help his overall game.
:clap:
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1114 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 am

You see, that's kind of deal I can get behind.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,278

Post#1115 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:53 am

BigJimFinn wrote:

Certainly agree with this !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#1116 » by aramada » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 am

dpucane wrote:
aramada wrote:
dpucane wrote:I think people are overestimating what Zach would return at this point. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think theres many teams if any that see him as a 1st or 2nd scorer on a really good team.

What’t the need to trade him for such a low return, then? He’s well worth his contract and, at 25, still improves every year.
I dont think it's that low a return. Both those picks could have more value than #4 did on this draft. Winslow fits AKEVs vision of 2 way versatile players and Claxton is a very good prospect. Maybe it would be possible to get Memphis' pick instead of Utah's and get some 2nds added, but i dont think you're getting much more for Lavine. There arent many bad GMs anymore, and the ones that might be bad dont have much to offer for him right now.

When I see the haul NOP got for Holiday, a player probably better than Zach but closer in value as a 3rd option on a contender caliber player who is 5 years older, has shown declining efficiency (to Zach’s level, who’s getting MORE efficient every year), and an expiring contract in 2021... I’m thinking there’s no shortage of dumb GMs out there. Not that they’d necessarily have interest in Zach, but DET, CHA, NYK, and now SAC also had a questionable Offseason. Besides, Dallas and Philly, which could both use him as a 3rd offensive option, were among teams expressing interest.
Winslow hasn’t been healthy and the picks are remote and most likely out of the lottery. We need more talent now, not less - and I hope we can avoid the “addition by substruction” cliché, this is not Gilbert Arenas we are talking about.
Once again, we are fine with keeping Zach short of a meaningful offer - and this one is far from it
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 550

Post#1117 » by jStuNNa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:29 am

I'm gonna ruffle a lot of feathers with this one, but oh what the hell...

Zach and Lauri for Dinwiddie and Caris LaVert. :D
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1118 » by gobullschi » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 am

jStuNNa wrote:I'm gonna ruffle a lot of feathers with this one, but oh what the hell...

Zach > LaVert
Lauri > Dinwiddie
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 379

Post#1119 » by Pax for Prez » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:41 am

The Rockets are likely to start training camp and the regular season with James Harden and Russell Westbrook on the roster, Adrian Wojnarowski said on ESPN’s SportsCenter (video link). Houston has not engaged on trade talks involving Harden. The team has tried to find a taker for Westbrook but his contract, which has three years and $132.5MM remaining, makes it very difficult. “That’s not an easy trade to make,” Wojnarowski said.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/rockets-notes-harden-westbrook-diop-caboclo-green.html
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#1120 » by aramada » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:43 am

jStuNNa wrote:I'm gonna ruffle a lot of feathers with this one, but oh what the hell...

Value is closer if Lauri is replaced with Hutch or Gafford

Return to Chicago Bulls