Image ImageImage Image

Official Off-Topic Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

mmmmmbeeer
Veteran
And1: 870

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 

Post#1141 » by mmmmmbeeer » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Both are decent budget tables but I'd recommend the Fluance. The AT is a direct drive while the Fluance is a belt-driven table. I'm partial to the belt drives. Looks like they both come with the same AT stylus and cartridge.

Not sure what you'll be using to listen to the turntable but please remember that if you're receiver/pre-amp doesn't have a PHONO input you'll likely need to buy a separate phono preamp. These can be picked up at decent prices on Amazon.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,075

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 

Post#1142 » by jc23 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:31 pm

mmmmmbeeer wrote:

Both are decent budget tables but I'd recommend the Fluance. The AT is a direct drive while the Fluance is a belt-driven table. I'm partial to the belt drives. Looks like they both come with the same AT stylus and cartridge.

Not sure what you'll be using to listen to the turntable but please remember that if you're receiver/pre-amp doesn't have a PHONO input you'll likely need to buy a separate phono preamp. These can be picked up at decent prices on Amazon.

Yeah i really dig the Fluance myself and feel my parents would as well. It was just everywhere i turned people were praising the AT 120 for my price range. I believe both models come with a phono preamp inside, so i was just going to give them a pair of active bookshelf speakers i dont use anymore and call it a day.

Im not a hipster (or is that what they all say lol) but i got to admit im really interested in Records after researching the last few weeks. It even brought back a forgotten memory of me playing a Dracula vs Frankenstein vs the wolfman LP during Halloween as a young kid. Probably have to get me one next year :)
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Chicago Bulls