Image ImageImage Image

WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#121 » by StunnerKO » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#122 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter

@Bulls_Jay: this is kind of interesting. given the delay in the signing and this number…really do wonder if the Bulls had something else in the works that would have gotten them below the cap, but it fell through? https://t.co/fOHaofU9Ct
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#123 » by Indomitable » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Temple was the backup to Wall in Washington years ago. He is not a natural pg but he does have some playmaking ability. He might help Coby.
:banghead:
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#124 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:22 pm

Indomitable wrote:Temple was the backup to Wall in Washington years ago. He is not a natural pg but he does have some playmaking ability. He might help Coby.

Was that before Sato was a backup to Wall...
maybe Sato can help Coby too!

or at least buy him beer
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,942

Post#125 » by biggestbullsfan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:02 pm

I wonder why we didn’t give a look to Isaiah Thomas. He has a winning mentality, would push us to be better and probably cheap. I think he deserves a roster spot.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#126 » by sco » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:55 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:I wonder why we didn’t give a look to Isaiah Thomas. He has a winning mentality, would push us to be better and probably cheap. I think he deserves a roster spot.

I think we're focused on guys who are comfortable just sitting on the end of the bench who are not going to rock the boat, but are capable for stringing a few good games together if/when called upon. Not sure Thomas is there in his mind.
:clap:
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#127 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:28 am

sco wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:I wonder why we didn’t give a look to Isaiah Thomas. He has a winning mentality, would push us to be better and probably cheap. I think he deserves a roster spot.

I think we're focused on guys who are comfortable just sitting on the end of the bench who are not going to rock the boat, but are capable for stringing a few good games together if/when called upon. Not sure Thomas is there in his mind.

I think he can play back up or maybe even third string without issue. Whose his competition? We are trying to win lol
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#128 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:36 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:
sco wrote:

I think he can play back up or maybe even third string without issue. Whose his competition? We are trying to win lol

This is problems with most Bulls fans. It goes years back to previous 2 decades now. We are trying to win with what now? There is big difference between winning with young players leading your team and winning on backs of vet role players .

For Bulls winning is important. But winning the right way is way way way more important. There is no point in winning games with IT leading Bulls to wins. That's how you miss Luka and draft WCJ in draft. I mean that's essentially what happens. Mirotic leading Bulls to somewhere and essentially nowhere leads to huge set back in long run. Because of his 8 great games we are for decade or two of robbed of having superstar on roster.

If we going to win it needs to be right way of winning by "the core" which btw we dont have. But it's shortcut piss poor name till 2021 draft when we get player we need to win. Let me be clear we are not tanking. We will pick where we actually belong. At bottom because our "the core" sucks and that's natural. We will try to win and miserably fail and that's still good. You can't force the "winning", I mean you can but you know where that leads.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#129 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:50 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
sco wrote:I think we're focused on guys who are comfortable just sitting on the end of the bench who are not going to rock the boat, but are capable for stringing a few good games together if/when called upon. Not sure Thomas is there in his mind.

This is problems with most Bulls fans. It goes years back to previous 2 decades now. We are trying to win with what now? There is big difference between winning with young players leading your team and winning on backs of vet role players .

For Bulls winning is important. But winning the right way is way way way more important. There is no point in winning games with IT leading Bulls to wins. That's how you miss Luka and draft WCJ in draft. I mean that's essentially what happens. Mirotic leading Bulls to somewhere and essentially nowhere leads to huge set back in long run. Because of his 8 great games we are for decade or two of robbed of having superstar on roster.

If we going to win it needs to be right way of winning by "the core" which btw we dont have. But it's shortcut piss poor name till 2021 draft when we get player we need to win. Let me be clear we are not tanking. We will pick where we actually belong. At bottom because our "the core" sucks and that's natural. We will try to win and miserably fail and that's still good. You can't force the "winning", I mean you can but you know where that leads.

We didn’t sign Wade his 20th season or an older starting type player. I suggested a guy who can create himself, can bring us a winner mindset and will help us win games. I don’t think we win or lose because of IT. If he had a bigger role on the team that might be the case but I wanted to bring him in solely to be another vet leader and possibly spark off the bench.

I would agree with you if we brought in someone who expected to play a ton, start and have a significant role on the court. We have our core we are trying to win with. But they need to also win to get into the playoffs where we need the most experience. If you can find a player to assist in that while not disrupting the core then you do it. IT can maybe do that. Idk if Temple moves the needle for us at all. He won’t play much but will his vet experience help our guys get better? Hopefully. But if i can get that and someone who can contribute if needed, then I’ll take both. As long as they know their role.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,736

Post#130 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Dec 1, 2020 1:28 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

We didn’t sign Wade his 20th season or an older starting type player. I suggested a guy who can create himself, can bring us a winner mindset and will help us win games. I don’t think we win or lose because of IT. If he had a bigger role on the team that might be the case but I wanted to bring him in solely to be another vet leader and possibly spark off the bench.

I would agree with you if we brought in someone who expected to play a ton, start and have a significant role on the court. We have our core we are trying to win with. But they need to also win to get into the playoffs where we need the most experience. If you can find a player to assist in that while not disrupting the core then you do it. IT can maybe do that. Idk if Temple moves the needle for us at all. He won’t play much but will his vet experience help our guys get better? Hopefully. But if i can get that and someone who can contribute if needed, then I’ll take both. As long as they know their role.

Temple isn’t signed to move the needle himself, lol at him essentially as a bench coach and a guy who is part of the developmental team. That’s why he’s here, he can also double as a NBA player if need be but he is here to help this staff develop the team. IT doesn’t do that, IT fights Coby for minutes (which isn’t terrible mind you) but they are bringing a developmental staff.

Return to Chicago Bulls