Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,087

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1221 » by Wingy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:31 am

TheHrvReport wrote:Listening to Marc Stein & Chad Ford on Fords podcast on NBA power rankings. Stein has them at #15 and Ford at #20, Ford said they have positioned themselves to be a "perennial 8 to 10 seed" .... -____-

#%*! Chad Ford! He’s the fool that lead the Darko Milicic bandwagon. How’d that one work out?
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1222 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Noah Vonleh signed a deal in China with Shanghai.. :o
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,593

Post#1223 » by dice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:33 am

Wingy wrote:
TheHrvReport wrote:Listening to Marc Stein & Chad Ford on Fords podcast on NBA power rankings. Stein has them at #15 and Ford at #20, Ford said they have positioned themselves to be a "perennial 8 to 10 seed" .... -____-

#%*! Chad Ford! He’s the fool that lead the Darko Milicic bandwagon. How’d that one work out?

wow. a lifetime of disregard for a guy's opinion based on one bad projection on a 17 yr. old euro?

know who else whiffed on milicic? a guy who assembled a championship team
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,855

Post#1224 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:54 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Noah Vonleh signed a deal in China with Shanghai.. :o

Not really all that surprising. He probably got offered a lot more to play there, than he would have here, which would have been most likely a non-guaranteed contract.
Why so serious?
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,651

Post#1225 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:45 am

dice wrote:
Wingy wrote:

wow. a lifetime of disregard for a guy's opinion based on one bad projection on a 17 yr. old euro?

know who else whiffed on milicic? a guy who assembled a championship team

And ended up costing them more championships by whiffing on him.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,352

Post#1226 » by kodo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:51 pm

MPJ's own account of why he dropped in the draft. Good watch.

The basics were
- After 1 workout, all the teams were blown away. Sac said they would take him at #2
- His agent, Bartelsein, said he could go #1 with another workout; he agreed
- The infamous back pain came up and he couldn't work out but the teams were already flying to Chicago
- The Clippers team doctor was the one who examined him on the 2nd workout, and the doctor said he'll never play basketball again
- He doesn't hold a grudge against all the teams who passed on him, he had doubts about his own body as well.

I guess this is an example of why agents tend to hold back their clients from too many workouts. Just one bad day can really tank someone's draft stock, and the upside is limited. And it can really be just a bad day, something everyone goes through.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,371

Post#1227 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Now I get how it looks for Rachel Nichols based on that private conversation. But it just seems ESPN is giving her the cold boot but in a pretty aggressive way.

She still works for ESPN, and I guess she is en route to gracefully resign. Being taken off the NBA Finals and now completely changing her show that she was doing for years seems cold.

I am guessing things havent been smoothed over between the two the last few months so here we are. I dont know whats going to happen with Richard Jefferson and WIndhurst since they arent in the new show.

Love me some Malika Andrews though. Sheesh :love:
The Cult of Personality
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#1228 » by DJHill » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Now I get how it looks for Rachel Nichols based on that private conversation. But it just seems ESPN is giving her the cold boot but in a pretty aggressive way.

She still works for ESPN, and I guess she is en route to gracefully resign. Being taken off the NBA Finals and now completely changing her show that she was doing for years seems cold.

I am guessing things havent been smoothed over between the two the last few months so here we are. I dont know whats going to happen with Richard Jefferson and WIndhurst since they arent in the new show.

Sweet, sweet karma would be them bringing back the Jump but replacing Nichols with Maria Taylor.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1229 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:25 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Now I get how it looks for Rachel Nichols based on that private conversation. But it just seems ESPN is giving her the cold boot but in a pretty aggressive way.

Or maybe they were simply wanting to get rid of her, and needed an excuse to do so and found the perfect opportunity.

I'm sure she has fans, but I didn't think she provided anything of value to the NBA community, and her show basically devolved into Perk and Richardson just taking snips at a each throughout the entire show.

They can do much better as far as NBA shows go.
Why so serious?
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#1230 » by d boy gentleman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:02 am

Malika is simply gorgeous!

I love me some Rachel as well though. It's the red hair. :lol: Don't blame Jimmy Butler for... :cuddle
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,800

Post#1231 » by Mk0 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:13 am

RJ's contract is coming up and wants to do more hosting along with being an analyst. They held him out in case the contract talks don't work out.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1232 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Read on Twitter

@johnhollinger: JJ Redick hanging it up. Would make a great color commentator if he wants to go in that direction.
https://t.co/6r9szg87lw
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#1233 » by erlim » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Wingy wrote:

I remember reading in ESPN magazine that he was just completely Magic Johnson and Tim Duncan fused into one player. They also said the Bulls had a perfect Shaq and Garnett in Eddy Curry and Chandler.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#1234 » by erlim » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:56 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Noah Vonleh signed a deal in China with Shanghai.. :o

Not really all that surprising. He probably got offered a lot more to play there, than he would have here, which would have been most likely a non-guaranteed contract.

He’s gonna drop like 40 and 20 there on a nightly.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#1235 » by FriedRise » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1236 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:51 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

How much longer can Morey seriously hold out? I mean, I don't approve of Simmons not showing up, but have the trade proposals so far been so bad that this **** show is worth it?
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#1237 » by GoBlue72391 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:09 pm

We're one week away from the start of training camp, two weeks away from our first preseason game, and less than a month away from the regular season opener. So yeah, I'm pretty excited.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,735

Post#1238 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

How much longer can Morey seriously hold out? I mean, I don't approve of Simmons not showing up, but have the trade proposals so far been so bad that this **** show is worth it?

I'm not sure Moprey is losing anything by holding out on a trade at this point, once Klutch made their statement it tanked the value. him holding out longer won't really hurt him, the Philly fanbase has soured on Ben so Morey won't be the bad guy in this from their perspective and Ben is already the villain. That being said, I think Morey has absolutely turned down what seemed decent trade value already and has an unrealistic view of Ben's worth. Both sides on this have already lost IMHO so this will be a standoff to the end. Is Ben winning anyone over by sitting out? He has to come back with a new game next season wherever he lands for this to be a win for him. His lack of developing his game on the offensive end is what got this whole mess started. DM is well accustomed to being in the hot seat in the past so I am sure he isn't sweating it and has anyone ever really "liked" him?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1239 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:43 pm

If I'm a lottery team which has been stuck as one for some time, I take a gamble with Simmons. A team like the Wolves for example, Kings or even the Pelicans, teams which are already young could offer up lottery picks and take a chance.

I think teams who are lottery teams should definitely take the chance, but teams which are already playoff teams looking to take an extra step unlikely has interest in him. The only playoff team which I think could potentially be a good fit is with the Blazers. They've tried long enough with C.J, they could both do for a change of scenery.
Why so serious?
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1240 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:33 pm

If I'm the Sixers, I almost do the Simmons for McCollum as a keep away trade because if they don't do it I think Lillard to the Knicks is the pretty likely scenario and then the Knicks probably surpass the Sixers as contenders. I think Simmons is probably the best chance Portland has at convincing Lillard to stay because that current core is never going to be a trust west contender.

For Philly I know they wanted to do better than McCollum originally but I think they lost all their leverage unless they truly think a Minnesota or Sac deal is better. I think this is going to turn into a 3 or 4 team trade for sure

Return to Chicago Bulls