Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,139

Re: Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2 

Post#1861 » by Chi town » Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 pm

DuckIII wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Zach’s contract is not worse. He’s a significantly better player than MPJ and not much more of a cost. It comes out to a $7 million per year difference.

If I were starting a team from scratch and had to keep it for the next three years, and I had to take either Zach or MPJ at their current contracts, I’m taking Zach.

However, we are in a very different scenario in which our FO stubbornly refused to trade Zach when they should have, since then seen his value completely tank, and despite that now are fully committed to trading him at his lowest possible value. So maybe MPJ is what you end up with. At least he’s closer to Coby and Ayo in age. That’s something, I guess?

MPJ is overpaid enough that I would probably prefer to unload Zach in a pure salary dump to a cap space team rather than trade him for MPJ.

Me too. He’s a tall (and fantastic) shooter who creates nothing off the dribble and has no plus defensive position.

I agree. This is the type of trade AK would make though.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,139

Post#1862 » by Chi town » Tue May 21, 2024 11:47 pm

Per WT

What would Rockets trade for Mitchell?

DLO to the Magic??? Last week WT said they wanted two way players. That ain’t DLO.
Chicagoat
Rookie
And1: 1,002

Post#1863 » by Chicagoat » Wed May 22, 2024 1:20 am

Chi town wrote:Per WT

What would Rockets trade for Mitchell?

DLO to the Magic??? Last week WT said they wanted two way players. That ain’t DLO.

I'd imagine it would work if the Nets got involved and gave the Cavs Bridges, the Rockets get Mitchell, Nets get Green and get some of the picks back.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,353

Post#1864 » by dumbell78 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:42 am

Indy with some stupid basketball at the end of this game.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#1865 » by aguifs » Wed May 22, 2024 2:52 am

celtics will succumb to the T'Wolves D
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#1866 » by aguifs » Wed May 22, 2024 2:56 am

The mid 3 won the season series against the Pacers.
The Celtics should sweep the series easily
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,780

Post#1867 » by kyrv » Wed May 22, 2024 4:13 am

dumbell78 wrote:Indy with some stupid basketball at the end of this game.

Omg just objectively as a basketball fan and a human being, that was excruciating to watch.

Each game is so important and they home court in hand. Boston needs a 3 - pack the paint!
Bill Walton wrote: Keep the music playing.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,391

Post#1868 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed May 22, 2024 10:47 am

The Pacers certainly blew that game in regulation. They were up 3 with momentum and the Celtics had nothing really going down the stretch.

In the last 30 seconds, the Pacers made 2 unforced turnovers by Hali and Nem.

That Brown 3 pointer though to me there was nothing that could be done with that. You cant play better defense and Siakim was literally right in Browns face. Just an amazing shot.

II thought Haliburton in the final seconds, made the wrong decision and drove into the defense for the 3, instead of taking the initial wide open 3 even though it was from further out. He had been hitting that shot all game and in these playoffs.

It was just bad execution for them.

Its obviously not over and just getting started but they did blow a big opportunity.
The Cult of Personality
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,843

Post#1869 » by Ice Man » Wed May 22, 2024 2:12 pm

I am so glad that I did not watch. I have not seen one minute of Celtics playoff basketball so far this year, because for me the only good Celtics game is a game that they lose, and I have held out so little hope of them losing to anybody in the East.

I will turn on this series if Indy should somehow reach a closeout game. Otherwise, no. I will wait until the Finals to see that abomination of a franchise.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,416

Post#1870 » by kodo » Wed May 22, 2024 2:36 pm

kyrv wrote:

Omg just objectively as a basketball fan and a human being, that was excruciating to watch.

Each game is so important and they home court in hand. Boston needs a 3 - pack the paint!

These playoffs have been great, but yeah that was just painful to watch. In addition to Haliburton just throwing the ball away for no reason and not being able to even inbounds, a few possessions earlier they threw away the ball by running an Obi Toppin iso when he tried some Iverson-like spin move and just lost control of the ball.

They have to take this a little more seriously. 21 TOs and a lot of them just stupid.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#1871 » by kyrv » Wed May 22, 2024 8:47 pm

kodo wrote:
kyrv wrote:

These playoffs have been great, but yeah that was just painful to watch. In addition to Haliburton just throwing the ball away for no reason and not being able to even inbounds, a few possessions earlier they threw away the ball by running an Obi Toppin iso when he tried some Iverson-like spin move and just lost control of the ball.

They have to take this a little more seriously. 21 TOs and a lot of them just stupid.

Kind of a choke job, but I agree, playoffs have been great, great team matchups. A lot of blowouts but still, really fun teams and fun players announcing themselves nationally.

Haliburton really learning by trial and error but should get tons better.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#1872 » by kyrv » Wed May 22, 2024 8:51 pm

Ice Man wrote:I am so glad that I did not watch. I have not seen one minute of Celtics playoff basketball so far this year, because for me the only good Celtics game is a game that they lose, and I have held out so little hope of them losing to anybody in the East.

I will turn on this series if Indy should somehow reach a closeout game. Otherwise, no. I will wait until the Finals to see that abomination of a franchise.

Jrue going from Bucks to Celtics really changed the East. Philly and Miami normally with injury issues helps them too. Pacers seem like they may be there to stay but we'll see, and even so Boston's roster really seems clear cut the best.

Good news though Ice Man, AK is coming for the Celtics.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,112

Post#1873 » by jc23 » Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 pm

kyrv wrote:
Ice Man wrote:I am so glad that I did not watch. I have not seen one minute of Celtics playoff basketball so far this year, because for me the only good Celtics game is a game that they lose, and I have held out so little hope of them losing to anybody in the East.

Jrue going from Bucks to Celtics really changed the East. Philly and Miami normally with injury issues helps them too. Pacers seem like they may be there to stay but we'll see, and even so Boston's roster really seems clear cut the best.

I still got a healthy Boston winning it all. They have all the pieces and experience.
Be curious, Not judgmental
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,337

Post#1874 » by d boy gentleman » Wed May 22, 2024 11:58 pm

aguifs wrote:celtics will succumb to the T'Wolves D

No Diddy :o
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#1875 » by dumbell78 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:11 am

jc23 wrote:
kyrv wrote:

I still got a healthy Boston winning it all. They have all the pieces and experience.

I still dont trust them and if KP is not healthy its even more of an issue for me. I got the west winning it this year (Minny). Interestingly if Dallas was fully healthy, I think they could have beaten Minny in a close series.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
dumbell78
General Manager

Post#1876 » by dumbell78 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:13 am

Luka has these spells where he is a lazy to the ball and then just stands around. It really gets on my nerves.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#1877 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 23, 2024 1:32 am

I know the Edwards/MJ comparison is taboo, but there are times where handling the ball, he really does flash a lot of resemblance. His finesse in the air and quickness are where the buck stops. And MJ had better foot work at the post and elbow. But for being a killer score, he patiently scans the floor for the good play- it’s as good as it gets.

Anyway, if Dallas needs Kyrie to play like the best PG of all time to keep this close, they’re in trouble. Dallas’ forwards are very good at defense and rebounding, but they need to take some reign and get points. Interesting that Wolves are shooting 3Ps so well and barely up, though.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#1878 » by Polynice4Pippen » Thu May 23, 2024 2:06 am

Jaden McDaniels is basically last postseason's Bruce Brown
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,416

Post#1879 » by kodo » Thu May 23, 2024 3:33 am

Edwards settles for 3s way too much for any MJ comparison. MJ would be salivating at the thought of a rookie center protecting the basket and attacking all night long, esp back when he was 22. Edwards took only 4 shots inside the 3P line (and only made 1). And drew only 1 foul.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#1880 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 23, 2024 3:40 am

kodo wrote:Edwards settles for 3s way too much for any MJ comparison. MJ would be salivating at the thought of a rookie center protecting the basket and attacking all night long, esp back when he was 22. Edwards took only 4 shots inside the 3P line (and only made 1). And drew only 1 foul.

Well, we’ll see how he adjusts, but yeah- quiet night for him. Should be a long series anyhow.

Return to Chicago Bulls