Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1901 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:55 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:All the NBA city addition jerseys.
Spoiler:

I so love the Hawks one.

they'll have a matching court also.

I'm a fan of the Hornets also. They have a fantastic brand.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,564

Post#1902 » by PaKii94 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:50 am

Shout out to Jarrett Allen. Such a beast. Cavs trio tower lineup is working very well
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,544

Post#1903 » by ImSlower » Tue Nov 2, 2021 2:23 am

The kids in Orlando are beasting tonight against the Timberwolves in MIN. Wendell with 14/14 so far, Cole Anthony looking fearless, even Bamba is making plays. that's gotta be fun for the couple hundred Magic fans watching.
ghostinthepost1
Junior
And1: 225

Post#1904 » by ghostinthepost1 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:47 am

ImSlower wrote:The kids in Orlando are beasting tonight against the Timberwolves in MIN. Wendell with 14/14 so far, Cole Anthony looking fearless, even Bamba is making plays. that's gotta be fun for the couple hundred Magic fans watching.

I'm still very happy the Bulls made the Vooch trade but I'd be lying if part of me wasn't watching this new Wendell (with a jump shot) and Franz Wagner thinking what-if.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,136

Post#1905 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:59 am

ghostinthepost1 wrote:
ImSlower wrote:The kids in Orlando are beasting tonight against the Timberwolves in MIN. Wendell with 14/14 so far, Cole Anthony looking fearless, even Bamba is making plays. that's gotta be fun for the couple hundred Magic fans watching.

I'm still very happy the Bulls made the Vooch trade but I'd be lying if part of me wasn't watching this new Wendell (with a jump shot) and Franz Wagner thinking what-if.

If we don't make the Vooch move, we probably don't get DeMar. They both spoke on wanting to play on the same team for years.

I'll do that again regardless of DeMar. Wendell wasn't working here.
superdave
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#1906 » by superdave » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:37 am

ghostinthepost1 wrote:

Beware the empty stats. ORL has the worst team defensive rating in the NBA currently. Though Bamba and WCJ have been about league average, Wagner has been much worse. When they are hitting threes though, they can compete.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,779

Post#1907 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:35 am

ghostinthepost1 wrote:

I loathe WCJ well beyond what he deserves. Orlando is stuck in the hell the Bulls were for years right now, with a few decent pieces but an incomplete team. To note though, Orlando has always developed Big Men well. Helps that Shaq and Dwight were two of them, but that franchise has done well. Consider Vuc even. Orlando hit the reset button last year and hopefully they turn the corner. I loved Suggs but he has looked far from great so far. I mean they shed Vuc, Fournier and Gordon and don’t seem that much worse for wear at this point. In the modern NBA it’s a smart enough rebuild.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,582

Post#1908 » by Andi Obst » Tue Nov 2, 2021 12:32 pm

Not surprised to see Franz doing well, but definitely surprised to see him scoring that much and well. He'll be a very nice role player for a long time in this league.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 6,007

Post#1909 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:32 pm

superdave wrote:
ghostinthepost1 wrote:

Beware the empty stats. ORL has the worst team defensive rating in the NBA currently. Though Bamba and WCJ have been about league average, Wagner has been much worse. When they are hitting threes though, they can compete.

watch the games. The Magic's starters, including Franz & WCj, have the league's best net rating. When the bench comes in, not including WCj or Franz, is when the bad happens.
superdave
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#1910 » by superdave » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:54 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
superdave wrote:
ghostinthepost1 wrote:

watch the games. The Magic's starters, including Franz & WCj, have the league's best net rating. When the bench comes in, not including WCj or Franz, is when the bad happens.

That rating has everything to do with Anthony and Franz, less so than WCJ. When Anthony is off the floor the team falls apart.

ORL is in full development and acquisition mode ala OKC. It’s nice seeing Anthony take the leap into SGA territory, but such teams are overall competitive but rarely much to get excited about. Maybe I’m wrong about this Magic squad but tbh a squad full of hopeful young 20 y/o we’ve seen this before
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,727

Post#1911 » by sco » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:59 pm

ghostinthepost1 wrote:

Me too...especially Franz. He already is what I wanted Pat to be this season.
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#1912 » by MrSparkle » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:07 pm

Franz is making me eat a little dirt after I made fun of the ORL #8 pick all summer. I did and still think Wendell can be alright. All he had to do was start making a few shots… and if there’s a will, there’s a way.

Still take Vuc because it was a low-risk trade (top-4 protection), and he was the domino that transformed our summer plans from a tank job. If either ORL asset becomes an all-star and they start whooping our ass in 2022/23 while we have a pick headed their way (hopefully not a 5-10), then I eat crow on all my Vuc trade defending.

But they have a long road. Suggs and Cole are a very nice backcourt to build on. The ACL salaries put them in a wait-tank-develop strategy. Not sure what they do with Bamba.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,911

Post#1913 » by Jcool0 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:04 pm

ghostinthepost1 wrote:

I think this is the same WCJ. Before the last two games going 3-4 from 3 he was hitting 31% of his 3s. He has also scored 11 or less points 4 of the 8 games (2 games under 10 points). Just depends what your expectations are for him. I always figure he would be a 15/10 guy who played good defense and hit an occasional 3. Most Bulls fans wanted more from him. His issues were not staying healthy. If he can play 70+ games they probably will have a good starter.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,709

Post#1914 » by BullChit » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:42 pm

My thoughts in Orlando and the lost 8th pick

eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#1915 » by Butler4thewin » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:30 pm

Don’t be surprised if the Celtics are forced into trading smart ...would love to trade for horford to play the 4 for us
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1916 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:46 pm

Butler4thewin wrote:Don’t be surprised if the Celtics are forced into trading smart ...would love to trade for horford to play the 4 for us

horford cant play 4. he is a 5.
navdeep_singh
Senior
And1: 291

Post#1917 » by navdeep_singh » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:00 pm

“Michael Porter Jr. has agreed to a five-year rookie-scale max extension with the Denver Nuggets, his management announced on Monday. The deal is guaranteed for $145.3 million and worth up to $172 million, sources tell The Athletic.”

Season Averages to date: 10.7 pts per game; 6.3 rebounds; 2.4 assists; 34.5% shooting
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,457

Post#1918 » by drosestruts » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:02 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Butler4thewin wrote:Don’t be surprised if the Celtics are forced into trading smart ...would love to trade for horford to play the 4 for us

horford cant play 4. he is a 5.

Smart can't be traded till August due to his extension. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1919 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:13 pm

navdeep_singh wrote:“Michael Porter Jr. has agreed to a five-year rookie-scale max extension with the Denver Nuggets, his management announced on Monday. The deal is guaranteed for $145.3 million and worth up to $172 million, sources tell The Athletic.”

Season Averages to date: 10.7 pts per game; 6.3 rebounds; 2.4 assists; 34.5% shooting

This deals are insane for production. I personally never wish to have young players on roster unless they are clear superstar. Because money needed to keep some of this guys are off charts. You not paying for value there. But in same time you have no chance in signing this guys in FA.

For some reason teams are giving this deals out.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#1920 » by MrSparkle » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:54 pm

NBA/TNT have themselves some thrillers this season. Everyone’s waiting for the big NOP/PHX headliner tonight.

Too bad the 11-seed Bulls couldn’t get themselves a date on national cable tv.

Return to Chicago Bulls