Image ImageImage Image

I don't understand why some fans here hate Wade so much

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Jax Teller
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Re: I don't understand why some fans here hate Wade so much 

Post#21 » by Jax Teller » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 pm

He was part of the trio who started this nonsense where the best players just join and play together, pretty much ruining the league (this and the ridiculous amount of 3 point shots). He was a tool that summer when he faked like he was interested in coming to Chicago and he was a tool last summer when he acted emotional by "coming home" when it was clear it was only for the money. He just comes off to me as a phony.

I think now he is a way past his prime former star player who misses the spotlight, misses being relevant. He wants attention because that is the kind of person he is and he is probably jealous of his buddy Lebron and others in the league who are still relevant while he has no significance. Some writers are feeling sorry for him being in Chicago, yeah poor 24 mil overpaid guy.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#22 » by kingkirk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Bulls03 made me hate him
moohair88
Junior
And1: 75

Post#23 » by moohair88 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:12 pm

hes a dbag. thats it lol. Never liked the guy. I hated him and that whole Miami squad, shaq era and big 3 era
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#24 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Lol in 2010 wade criticized the bulls organization for lack of loyalty and commitment to winning.

And today we stand here in this position. We were forced to blow it up because of everything they were originally criticized for.

For whatever reason fans like to find new players to pick on and blame for the demise of the bulls. Yet the same names are always in the center of all the controversies that surrounded the team, and that is garpax. But they go unscathed. Given a new free pass under the guise of "finally picking a direction" that they only decided to choose to save their jobs.

But let's hate wade, let's hate rose, let's hate jimmy, let's hate everyone except the idiots who are the main ones responsible for why we are one of the biggest jokes in the league.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#25 » by Axxo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 pm

I don't get the vitriol either. I wouldn't have a problem with him finishing his contract here. Dont think it hurts the team. Its not like Zac is going to come off an acl needing 40 mpg
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#26 » by pb-ceo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 pm

i understand it.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,748

Post#27 » by MC3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
Ehhh, I'm sorry. But you are doing a ton of reaching and I'm not even sure I could verify any of what you're talking about. But it's whatever.

You asked my opinion why I dislike him. I said it. Lavine confirmed it when they asked him about did Wade reach him out. He said no. Also when Wade says or doesnt say something on the twitter it means something. Someone who can read between the words knows what's up.

This whole offseason he acts like a ****. He doesnt want to be here, he wants to get paid, and he doesnt want to be here.
And you will get it only if you followed Wade for years. He didnt even congrats Felicio on getting paid. Basically didnt give me one reason for me to say otherwise.
chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#28 » by chrispatrick » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 pm

He flopped his way past Derrick Rose in the playoffs many years, and then got so lazy in Chicago that he stopped flopping, purely because he didn't think it was the effort to play hard for us. He also robbed us of cash we could have given Felicio (because he obviously needs more cash consistent with our off-season goal to give Felicio all the riches) or say, a 2nd round pick like Jordan Bell. His failures as a player ultimately led to the departure of my favorite Bull, Jimmy Butler.

Also, his capri pants suits are dumb.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#29 » by transplant » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 pm

I don't see much hate...criticism sure, but hate? He's grossly overpaid, but that's not on him. I'd rather.have the cap space than the player, but again, that's not his fault.

The fact that almost no one really likes Wade doesn't mean everyone hates him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#30 » by MadGrinch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 pm

its just people getting themselves for the inevitable divorce

is it wade's fault that the front office is inept?

that they signed him to a 2 year deal but then chose a complete rebuild if not outright tank after year 1?

of course not but at the end of it all you will still root for the bulls and wade wont be one anymore .

garpax gets the fans in the settlement
Its because I'm green isn't it?
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#31 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Better question is why is it that any form of criticism means you hate a guy? Why can fans not judge a player without being considered ungrateful? Every form of entertainment is subject to criticism and compliments and that doesn't change with basketball.

Basketball wise he's getting to the end with not much left in the tank. He played ok for us all in all. His comments towards the teammates was undeniably bad especially since he's supposed to be the old guy trying to teach. Rondo said it best which was basically he and jimmy weren't acting like true leaders. He hasn't reached out to lavine as far as we know, but then again he hasn't said much if anything about the team. For a guy who supposed to help the young guys he just doesn't seem interested in this team. But again that's just what we know and behind closed doors he might be getting in these guys ears. Still it's not inspiring as a fan to see your guy congratulating all of these players young and old but says nothing about his teammates.

Personally I just hate wade's personality this year as a Bull, don't care for his basketball play, and love him outside of basketball.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#32 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 pm

MadGrinch wrote:its just people getting themselves for the inevitable divorce

is it wade's fault that the front office is inept?

that they signed him to a 2 year deal but then chose a complete rebuild if not outright tank after year 1?

of course not but at the end of it all you will still root for the bulls and wade wont be one anymore .

garpax gets the fans in the settlement

GarPax get nothing. The fans just rallied together to pay for a billboard near the arena literally saying to fire them. Jerry gets fans but it's because of the name and logo nothing else.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,245

Post#33 » by Red8911 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Mark K wrote:Bulls03 made me hate him

Lol what happened to him? He usually would come in and defend wade all the time.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#34 » by Rerisen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:46 pm

A lot of the 'hate' goes back a lot farther than last year, and its hard for fans to do 180 opinions on guys they've disliked for so long. The inertia of an original opinion is far more like to lead to looking for confirming reasons to keep not liking a guy. Unfortunately for Wade, he did give several more reasons last year.

- Was very mediocre, but worse, the mediocrity was seen to stem from lack of effort at times, esp on defense.
- Paid an enormous out of money, that he clearly wasn't worth, and in part his experiment (with Rondo) failing, is what led to stronger arguments for blowing up the team and now looking at a grim future for x years.
- Terrible fit with best player and team's desired style
- Was very outspoken with his opinions and 'leadership' despite not backing it up on the floor himself.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#35 » by RememberLu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Wade's love affair with Lebron is what kept us out of the finals every single season

Why does anyone like him? Maybe that would be a better question
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#36 » by kingkirk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Red8911 wrote:Lol what happened to him? He usually would come in and defend wade all the time.

He's now Banned03
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#37 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Seems like a decent guy.

I don't really have a player in the NBA that I "hate." Maybe if there was some personal experience behind it, then sure.
hungarianjordan
Sophomore
And1: 180

Post#38 » by hungarianjordan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:09 am

He barely gave any effort on defense throughout the year, even in playoff games:

Read on Twitter
NADROJ
Junior
And1: 178

Post#39 » by NADROJ » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:16 am

weneeda2guard wrote:Lol in 2010 wade criticized the bulls organization for lack of loyalty and commitment to winning.

And today we stand here in this position. We were forced to blow it up because of everything they were originally criticized for.

For whatever reason fans like to find new players to pick on and blame for the demise of the bulls. Yet the same names are always in the center of all the controversies that surrounded the team, and that is garpax. But they go unscathed. Given a new free pass under the guise of "finally picking a direction" that they only decided to choose to save their jobs.

But let's hate wade, let's hate rose, let's hate jimmy, let's hate everyone except the idiots who are the main ones responsible for why we are one of the biggest jokes in the league.

Would I be incorrect to say that humans pooled money to create a billboard demanding the dismissal of GarPax? I was not one of those many but, assuming it happened as reported, wouldn't those dollar bills be the most real indication of who fans blame?

But, if we must:

Rose was beloved, got injured, got weird, and never was the same player.

Wade is floppy, easy to dislike if he's not on your team, passed the Bulls over in round one of their FA rebuild dreams, came here because of money, was not good because he's old and not good, and is still owed $24 million.

Jimmy's probably your best argument. They had a shot to build with him on the cheap and cheapish, but blew it. Jimmy loves Jimmy, which is kind of annoying. And, as good as he's gotten, he's still a build with as opposed to a build around guy. Oh, and he's about to cost $200 million.

It's been a weird, unsatisfying 10 years. I hate that this rebuild is in the hands of the same poojaculating duo, but I'm more optimistic and excited than I have been in awhile.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#40 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 am

Yeah two years at 24 mill wasnt the worst deal ever.
Far from it actually , i didnt see a lot of people crying that we signed him.
Even though he played sg like jimmy, jimmy had a good enough season at sf to negate that.

So you got a team with two pretty good wings, one is elite. Both pretty aggressive and effective in transition.
In the thibs era the bulls were weak vs teams with talented wings or even just fast athletic wings but i liken the bulls roster makeup as comparable with these two players.
In my opinion i think most of the nba would enjoy having this talent on the wings. In basketball guys that create their own offense are important.

Add in a pass first pg and theoritcally it should have worked. The bulls with an average center and an above average platoon at pf underperformed in my opinion.
Granted i wasnt extremely high on the rondo signing. Mostly i heard about his triple doubles in sac town but jimmy likes to play pg so that factored in.
Despite our ok offseason last year, me as a realistic "knowledgable" fan knew we were closer to .500 than a top 2 or 3 seed.

Why ? Because the bulls had a pretty good roster the year before and missed the playoffs. FA and new players dont make the seemless transition . For example , i would say wade would play better this year. Maybe less bonehead plays. Some of his gameplay was surprising, he lost the bulls some games with head scratching play in crunch time.

In my opinion i dont think thats a reason to hate him. Wade hasnt always had the best demeanor, ppl have mentioned his offseason antics but i dont recall much and im on this board everyday, lol.
Like wade making a bad play and then blaming his teammates for something.lol.
Then the bulls played better when he went down. What a perfect storm but i agree the hate is too strong. I would think he would be one of our fav current bull players considering our roster even though we all pretty much want him gone for practical team building reasons.

Return to Chicago Bulls