Image ImageImage Image

PG: TNT Bulls are back?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Re: PG: TNT Bulls are back? 

Post#21 » by Charlesareed » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:33 am

Zach & Demar needs to
Go send Zach to Sacramento for keurter Mitchell & Barnes trade Demar to the hornets for haywood and smith jr trade Carter for whatever we’re stuck with Vuc nobody is dumb to trade for him with 2 more years on his contract unless we send some picks
Chicago Raised me
RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Post#22 » by RyanJamari » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:37 am

Hangtime84 wrote:
RyanJamari wrote:
RyanJamari wrote:Zach getting mad that the coach benched him. He played like crap and almost lost this game. Salary dump his ass!

And not to a team he wants to go to

Hornets

I would love to be able to boo him on a regular basis if he was traded to Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,187

Post#23 » by NecessaryEvil » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:46 am

Charlesareed wrote:Zach & Demar needs to
Go send Zach to Sacramento for keurter Mitchell & Barnes trade Demar to the hornets for haywood and smith jr trade Carter for whatever we’re stuck with Vuc nobody is dumb to trade for him with 2 more years on his contract unless we send some picks

:noway:
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 277

Post#24 » by WookieOnRitalin » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:49 am

While Bulls wins are nice, the tragic reality is that this season is probably a lost cause. The team still struggles with division opponents (3-6). Even if they get hot, the best they can imagine being is out of the Play In. So what's the use?

Main thing would be to try to salvage what you can and just get whatever return you can to get some players to compliment Coby and PW. Let them grow and then make a run. Big thing is to dump the heavy salary to guys who have no heart. Get what you can and just move forward.
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,168

Post#25 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:53 am

WookieOnRitalin wrote:While Bulls wins are nice, the tragic reality is that this season is probably a lost cause. The team still struggles with division opponents (3-6). Even if they get hot, the best they can imagine being is out of the Play In. So what's the use?

Main thing would be to try to salvage what you can and just get whatever return you can to get some players to compliment Coby and PW. Let them grow and then make a run. Big thing is to dump the heavy salary to guys who have no heart. Get what you can and just move forward.

I think they're the 8th best team in the East with some upcoming moves to be made by the deadline that should improve the overall balance of the roster. The Magic are falling fast and the Hawks are going to ship off Murray.

The team might still flame out in the play-in and not make the playoffs but I just can't see them tearing anything down when they've gone 15-10 since the awful start.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,301

Post#26 » by Red8911 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:54 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
Guru wrote:Didn't Zach come back in after his injury?

Played about 2.5 minutes after the injury. Not clear whether he was benched down the stretch due to the ankle or something else. His foot appeared pretty heavily taped up.

Yeah he was clearly limping too, I’m guessing he couldn’t go or Billy didn’t want to risk leaving him in injured. Zach wasn’t playing well anyway.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#27 » by HearshotKDS » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:00 am

Win is a win, even if all the team is doing is treading water until we find flotsam.
Red8911
RealGM

Post#28 » by Red8911 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:01 am

evilhoban wrote:Anyone else notice how we lose our identity as a team when Zach is playing? He went out and everyone started playing like themselves.

Yup and it’s not just this one game, it’s every game since Zach returned from his injury.

AK is taking too long with trading Zach and taking a big risk by playing him. He’s an injury prone player and can kill any potential deal if he gets hurt.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,971

Post#29 » by RSP83 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:12 am

greenwing wrote:
Ice Man wrote:That was a fun game and a quality win. I'm starting to come around on Vuc. He's not a great player, but he's sure a lot better than how he's treated on this board.

Been saying this for awhile. The Vuc hate on this board is odd. Vuc is top ten for his position in points per game and rebounds per game and is top five in assists per game despite the 5-14 start to the season where everyone's numbers suffered. But because he's not a two way player and we don't have the right complementary piece next to him at power foward, people have been making the incorrect claim that he's massively overpaid. He's not.

Please email this to AK.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,971

Post#30 » by RSP83 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:17 am

3 games behind 500.

The next one versus Grizzlies should be an easy one, but knowing this team, we always find a way to lose to these depleted teams.

However, I'm pretty surprised we somehow make it to this point after the terrible start.

I'm hoping by the end of the month we somehow make it to 500 or slightly above, and Lavine's situation sorted out (traded). Zach situation is a distraction, and IMO he's as good as gone.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 17,262

Post#31 » by Mk0 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:23 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

In the moment and on replay it still looks like Billy said something to him, walked away and then Zach did the "My boss is a dumbass" expression that everyone who has ever had a jag-off boss has done.

If someone wants to play it as a response to something else, sure, go for it (we don't need him getting a "malcontent" label).. but that isn't what it looks like to me.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,808

Post#32 » by kodo » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:36 am

I heard Zach scratched his butt when we were down by 2 in the 4th. Clearly he hates Michael Jordan, Chicago, and the spirit of Taj Gibson. I also blame him for the arctic storm.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,168

Post#33 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:51 am

Mk0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

In the moment and on replay it still looks like Billy said something to him, walked away and then Zach did the "My boss is a dumbass" expression that everyone who has ever had a jag-off boss has done.

If someone wants to play it as a response to something else, sure, go for it (we don't need him getting a "malcontent" label).. but that isn't what it looks like to me.

The person is clearly not Billy but one of the other coaching staff.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,219

Post#34 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:54 am

Read on Twitter
Red8911
RealGM

Post#35 » by Red8911 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:54 am

RSP83 wrote:
greenwing wrote:
Ice Man wrote:That was a fun game and a quality win. I'm starting to come around on Vuc. He's not a great player, but he's sure a lot better than how he's treated on this board.

Been saying this for awhile. The Vuc hate on this board is odd. Vuc is top ten for his position in points per game and rebounds per game and is top five in assists per game despite the 5-14 start to the season where everyone's numbers suffered. But because he's not a two way player and we don't have the right complementary piece next to him at power foward, people have been making the incorrect claim that he's massively overpaid. He's not.

Please email this to AK.

I agree as well. Theis was actually a solid fit next to Vuc, but after Theis left they haven’t gotten anyone since. Vuc needs someone who can cover some of his weaknesses to complement him.
Red8911
RealGM

Post#36 » by Red8911 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:57 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is still disrespectful even if it’s an assistant coach. Zach did the same sht with Jim Boylen, thinks he’s above everyone.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,650

Post#37 » by Dan Z » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:26 am

Red8911 wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
greenwing wrote:

Please email this to AK.

I agree as well. Theis was actually a solid fit next to Vuc, but after Theis left they haven’t gotten anyone since. Vuc needs someone who can cover some of his weaknesses to complement him.

You'd think that since they traded a lot to get Vucevic that they'd do whatever they can to help maximize his skill set.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,722

Post#38 » by BullChit » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:26 am

Red8911 wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:
Mk0 wrote:In the moment and on replay it still looks like Billy said something to him, walked away and then Zach did the "My boss is a dumbass" expression that everyone who has ever had a jag-off boss has done.

This is still disrespectful even if it’s an assistant coach. Zach did the same sht with Jim Boylen, thinks he’s above everyone.

If Zach was playing better I would totally forgive some of his attitude problems but he really has no right to act like this when he is playing the way he is.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,929

Post#39 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:38 am

Charlesareed wrote:Zach & Demar needs to

This is what I get afraid of when it comes to fans of this team. People who just want to see trades just to say something got done. People hate lavine and derozan but somehow think Mitchell Barnes haywood and Smith Jr would be better compliments to our young core? Lol fans would despise those guys lol. You would rather have the devil you know.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,482

Post#40 » by Lunartic » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:49 am

greenwing wrote:

Vuc is actually pretty mediocre, he can't defend, is highly inefficient despite being a big and is declining.

What good is a .510 TS with bad defense center?

Return to Chicago Bulls