Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#2001 » by MisterRoy » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:36 am

Red8911 wrote:Derozen, Conley, and Drummond are players bulls should look at. Not only would they make a huge difference here playing with Lavine and Lauri but also they are more realistic options.

A starting 5 of Conley > LaVine > Derozan > Lauri > Drummond would be fun to watch.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#2002 » by DroseReturnChi » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:48 am

MalagaBulls wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Zach to the Knicks for Randle & the 12th pick, who says no?

I‘m not even sure if you’re serious but it’s the Bulls, of course.
Actually 100% no but Randle is a decent defender and has an ok 3Pt %. He is also averaging 8 assists per game.

yeah i was going to say no but randle is a bit interesting case I would pull the trigger.
pw,lauri,randle as your frontcourt for the next decade is pretty sick you just have to acquire Lonzo Ball to empower them and try find a successor to lavine. Maybe bust white can be that guy but you want all star caliber with 4 guys being above avg starters.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,763

Post#2003 » by Dez » Mon Feb 1, 2021 7:25 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Actually 100% no but Randle is a decent defender and has an ok 3Pt %. He is also averaging 8 assists per game.

yeah i was going to say no but randle is a bit interesting case I would pull the trigger.
pw,lauri,randle as your frontcourt for the next decade is pretty sick you just have to acquire Lonzo Ball to empower them and try find a successor to lavine. Maybe bust white can be that guy but you want all star caliber with 4 guys being above avg starters.

If by "pretty sick" you mean on the Bulls front court being on it's death bed on life support because it's very weak? Then yeah it would be "pretty sick".
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,565

Post#2004 » by Andi Obst » Mon Feb 1, 2021 7:35 am

MisterRoy wrote:A starting 5 of Conley > LaVine > Derozan > Lauri > Drummond would be fun to watch.

...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,941

Post#2005 » by ChettheJet » Mon Feb 1, 2021 3:05 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

I would be willing to change my pre season mindset on Randle of just not wanting him to, he would be a major upgrade if someone can just explain what happened to turn him from a guy his teams always wanted to peddle to make a step up at his position to him being the hottest commodity in the league? Did he do something physically, did he get some counseling just what explains his big huge jump in production? Because less than 20 games of him becoming a force like he never has been makes me wonder if maybe he isn't in a perfect situation, surrounded by just the right players to start rolling up stats and if he's traded, his new team won't match that perfect situation and he'll revert to the guy that was just a slightly too big contract for what he provided.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#2006 » by gobullschi » Mon Feb 1, 2021 4:38 pm

Chicago Receives:
Andre Drummond
Bradley Beal
Davis Bertans
Rui Hachimura

Washington Receives:
Blake Griffin
Coby White
Wendell Carter Jr.
2021, 2023, 2025 1st Round Pick
2023 1st via DET (top 10 protected)
2022, 2024, 2026 1st Round Pick Swaps (via CHI)

Detroit Receives:
Lauri Markkanen
Thaddeus Young
Cristiano Felicio

Cleveland Receives:
Otto Porter Jr.

Zach LaVine / Tomas Satoransky
Bradley Beal / Garrett Temple / Denzel Valentine
Patrick Williams / Chandler Hutchison
Davis Bertans / Rui Hachimura
Andre Drummond / Daniel Gafford

Teams will no longer be able to focus all their attention on LaVine at the end of games, which will make the Bulls a lot more difficult to defend. Surround the best rebounder (possibly all-time) with a bunch of great outsider shooters. Hachimura gives the Bulls some insurance if PatWill doesn’t work out, and he has the versatility that AK loves. Beal is good friends with Drummond and Satoransky and we know he has a good relationship with Billy Donovan, which should help the Bulls keep him in town.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#2007 » by BigJimFinn » Mon Feb 1, 2021 4:48 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Derozen, Conley, and Drummond are players bulls should look at. Not only would they make a huge difference here playing with Lavine and Lauri but also they are more realistic options.

A starting 5 of Conley > LaVine > Derozan > Lauri > Drummond would be fun to watch.

DeRozan and Drummond are a bad fit together. The Spurs are again looking like a potential playoff team and reasonably efficient offense because LMA is playing full-time 5 and shooting 3s, with three guards around them, leaving all of the inside for DeRozan to create off the dribble. Playing him with a non-shooting center will not work, and that lineup doesn't have a single decent wing defender. Fun to watch, certainly. Also expensive and not really that good. Works better if you switch either Lauri or Drummond for a 3&D wing.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#2008 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Mon Feb 1, 2021 6:56 pm

Thad Young for Dinwiddie (expiring player option, season ending injury) and Shamet. Basically Thad for Shamet and maybe you can evaluate Dinwiddie while he is on rehab and try to make agreement if healthy next year.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#2009 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Feb 1, 2021 9:04 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Thad Young for Dinwiddie (expiring player option, season ending injury) and Shamet. Basically Thad for Shamet and maybe you can evaluate Dinwiddie while he is on rehab and try to make agreement if healthy next year.

Dinwiddie won’t be fully recovered until the 22-23 season and he is not young. That will not solve our immediate PG issues.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,930

Post#2010 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Feb 1, 2021 9:05 pm

MisterRoy wrote:

Sent from somewhere you've never been.

That sounds absolutely miserable.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#2011 » by sco » Mon Feb 1, 2021 9:09 pm

shouldn't this thread be locked? I see the #3 is open.
:clap:
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#2012 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Mon Feb 1, 2021 9:52 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Thad Young for Dinwiddie (expiring player option, season ending injury) and Shamet. Basically Thad for Shamet and maybe you can evaluate Dinwiddie while he is on rehab and try to make agreement if healthy next year.

Dinwiddie won’t be fully recovered until the 22-23 season and he is not young. That will not solve our immediate PG issues.
It would free up 12 mil for free agency. Thad is 14,5 mil with 6 mil guaranteed. Instead of 31 we would have 43 mil. One max player and one starting caliber player available for that kind of money plus Shamet as bench three point shooter.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#2013 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Feb 1, 2021 10:38 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

It would free up 12 mil for free agency. Thad is 14,5 mil with 6 mil guaranteed. Instead of 31 we would have 43 mil. One max player and one starting caliber player available for that kind of money plus Shamet as bench three point shooter.

I thought Dinwiddie has a long term contract?

Just looked. His contract ends after the 22 season so he would actually would cost us more than Thad while likel not giving much anything on the court.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#2014 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Mon Feb 1, 2021 10:56 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Just looked. His contract ends after the 22 season so he would actually would cost us more than Thad while likel not giving much anything on the court.
No Spence can opt out of 12 mil, which he will in order to find multiyear lucrative deal. Teams are gamble on him and with many teams with cap space to fill he will get his money. Lot of players return after acl on high level today. In my view he is expiring.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,763

Post#2015 » by Dez » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:08 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote: It would free up 12 mil for free agency. Thad is 14,5 mil with 6 mil guaranteed. Instead of 31 we would have 43 mil. One max player and one starting caliber player available for that kind of money plus Shamet as bench three point shooter.

No Spence can opt out of 12 mil, which he will in order to find multiyear lucrative deal. Teams are gamble on him and with many teams with cap space to fill he will get his money. Lot of players return after acl on high level today. In my view he is expiring.

He just tore his ACL, why would he opt out? Makes absolutely zero sense for him to do so.

He'll do his rehab, get his 12 million and then get a new deal.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#2016 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:15 pm

Dez wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

He just tore his ACL, why would he opt out? Makes absolutely zero sense for him to do so.

He'll do his rehab, get his 12 million and then get a new deal.
Knicks pay Bobby Portis 15 mil last year. Knicks,Detroit,Dalls, someone would throw more money, for a year in worst case. To many teams with cap space and few solid free agents left. He is projected to be fully recovered by the start next season. We will see.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#2017 » by sco » Tue Feb 2, 2021 3:48 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ben-simmons-doc-rivers-discuss-193025130.html

I wonder if Philly may become more open to trading Simmons at the deadline?

If Lauri stays on a tear, (and as long as I'm fantasizing) Otto returns to form healthy, plus our unprotected 1st?
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#2018 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:40 pm

sco wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ben-simmons-doc-rivers-discuss-193025130.html

I wonder if Philly may become more open to trading Simmons at the deadline?

If Lauri stays on a tear, (and as long as I'm fantasizing) Otto returns to form healthy, plus our unprotected 1st?

It’s a pipe dream. I can’t see Phili moving Simmons without getting a solid young player and 3-4 1st Round Picks.

Return to Chicago Bulls