Image ImageImage Image

Boylen fired!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: Boylen fired!! 

Post#281 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:51 am

robert76 wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Wow. So glad this moron is gone. My hatred for him burns hot.

Same, I hate him more than Gar as he threw his players under the bus, was so blatantly reckless and irresponsible regarding all of those back-to-back games and stupid practices (which could've resulted in potentially serious injuries jeopardizing careers), plus his toxic bullying and behavior around the team and in the locker room. And not calling a timeout when Gafford got hurt was such a scumbag move and cemented him as a bonafide POS.

Exactly. People saying that "he wasn't that bad" seem to ignore the fact that he wasn't just a bad coach. The Bulls had bad coaches before, like Hoiberg and VDN. But he seemed like an awful human being. Arrogant for no reason, throwing players under the bus, being a bully, kissing the FO's ass...

35 assists a game... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#282 » by Hangtime84 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:43 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:That's incorrect. Player development is part of the FOs job. They definitely get partial blame when we see zero improvement from guys on the team, but then see players go to other organizations and start to play better.

Look at how Toronto is developing guys they draft. Yes, players need to wheel hard, but the organization has to also have a system in place.

I don't think Hangtime is taking the blame off of Boylen, but players have to take some responsibility as well. Lauri for instance can't blame the fact that he can't grab more than 6rpg at 7'0 on his coach. He regressed in almost every way. The coaches can't do the work for you.

That being said, I do think the new regime AK brings in will probably focus on player development first. We have some real dead weight on this team (Felicio, Korner, etc) but we have enough young talent in our top 3 players to make the playoffs in the east.

I said players need to work hard. The FO also needs to have a system in place for player development.

Lauri isn't the only player we saw with little development. WCJ, Hutchinson just last year. Players that have been part of the organization in recent years like McDermott, Payne, and TLC are being more productive else where.

Hangtime completely absolved the FO ( he said GM) in player development.

Also in addition while injuries aren't anyone's fault, but how they are handled can fall under the FO as well. They are the ones that hire the training staff too.

I do think FO can help in the development of players. However, I do think the majority of the improvement is on how the players' individual work ethic is. This team has attempted to stay longer together over the summer for two years now to train and build chemistry. Both years ended up with them with 7th worst record int he NBA.

I also think grabbing more personal skill trainers for the players and adapting more modern nutrition, strength, and conditioning programs are huge for player development with this new FO.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,936

Post#283 » by The Explorer » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:46 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

In my opinion, he's the worst coach we've had during my lifetime as a fan. Easily the least enjoyable it's been for me.

What the hell did Popovich ever see in him to hire him?
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#284 » by TheFinishSniper » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 pm

The Explorer wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

In my opinion, he's the worst coach we've had during my lifetime as a fan. Easily the least enjoyable it's been for me.

you know some people do hire "clowns" so most of people can realize difference between what real professional and a joke look like. so in Pop's case when players get ahead of themselves thinking this coach is senile and dumb I will fire him, you have that other one for reality check. And everything is well enough again.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,263

Post#285 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 am

Recorded pod tonight and talked about Boylen being fired. Also got into some draft talk.

Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3kWcO9t
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#286 » by kingkirk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:58 am

Mr Funk wrote:

Dude you're so happy it sounds like you're having sex :lol:

Bulls firing coaches is orgasimic, to me, an idiot.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#287 » by kingkirk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:59 am

The Explorer wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He saw him as an assistant coach. In that role I'm sure he's fine. The Bulls were the ones who saw the wrong thing in him.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#288 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:03 am

This is good....sounds like it was left upto AK to make the call.

And he did.
The Explorer
RealGM

Post#289 » by The Explorer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Boylen comments

“I loved every minute of working for the Bulls, even the hard ones,” Boylen said in a phone conversation with NBC Sports Chicago. “And I invested myself fully in every aspect of the job.”

“Artūras was very respectful. I understand why he would want to have his own guy. I really enjoyed getting to know him and (general manager) Marc Eversley,” Boylen said. “I’ve got 13- and 15-year-old girls that miss their dad. So I’m going to do a little carpooling and just prepare myself for the next opportunity.”

“Jerry and Michael (Reinsdorf) and (former executive vice president) John (Paxson) asked me to bring more discipline to the practice facility and practice floor,” Boylen said. “My marching orders were for us to practice harder, play harder and defend better.”

“Thanks to Jerry and Michael for their support and for giving me the opportunity to be a Bull. My relationship with them is something I will cherish forever,” Boylen said. “I want to thank my hard-working and loyal staff. They have been a rock for this organization. I want to thank John, (former general manager) Gar (Forman) and Fred for bringing me here to coach and teach.

“John became a mentor and a friend. Our shared goal was to establish a style of play and system at both ends. I feel we were moving forward. We were improving.”

“People could turn that around and say, ‘You should’ve won more of them,’” said Boylen, who only had Otto Porter Jr. at his disposal for 29 of his 123 games at the helm. “With a young team and injuries, that doesn’t always happen. But we competed.”

“I also want to thank the players,” Boylen said. “We practiced hard. We competed. We fought through some tough losses.”“That’s the only reason we do this, man,” Boylen said, emotion present in his voice.

“I wanted Coby to improve his defense to become a starter. He did that. I think the way we handled him was right,” Boylen said. “He would’ve started the last 17 games. And Wendell was back. Those two guys in the pick-and-roll was something I was looking forward to coaching.”

“I don’t worry about people who haven’t coached critiquing me,” he said. “I don’t try to be a doctor.”

“I had great relationships in the facility, both front office and business side,” Boylen said. “I tried to treat everybody well and with respect. I tried to raise people up and support everybody. I’m just thankful, man.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/jim-boylen-speaks-first-time-after-bulls-firing-im-just-thankful
The Explorer
RealGM

Post#290 » by The Explorer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Wow this is disgusting from Boylen

On the surface, the relationship between boylen and lavine appeared to be improving when lavine offered to pay one of his coach’s fines the previous march. After a double ejection on the coaches following a sideline quarrel with l.A. Clippers coach doc rivers in 2019, lavine explained he wanted to stick up for his coach.

“I didn’t feel like he deserved it,” lavine said days later. “so I wanted to stick up for him. He sticks up for us a lot. I feel like he hasn’t got enough credit for that. We’re not winning and he’s still coaching us hard. We’re going somewhere. I appreciate that.”

What lavine didn’t appreciate, according to a person familiar with the situation, was boylen leaking the gesture to the press. What was intended as an olive branch quickly turned into a publicity stunt orchestrated by boylen to make himself look good.

- from Darnell Mayberry
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#291 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:36 pm

The Explorer wrote:Wow this is disgusting from Boylen

On the surface, the relationship between boylen and lavine appeared to be improving when lavine offered to pay one of his coach’s fines the previous march. After a double ejection on the coaches following a sideline quarrel with l.A. Clippers coach doc rivers in 2019, lavine explained he wanted to stick up for his coach.

“I didn’t feel like he deserved it,” lavine said days later. “so I wanted to stick up for him. He sticks up for us a lot. I feel like he hasn’t got enough credit for that. We’re not winning and he’s still coaching us hard. We’re going somewhere. I appreciate that.”

What lavine didn’t appreciate, according to a person familiar with the situation, was boylen leaking the gesture to the press. What was intended as an olive branch quickly turned into a publicity stunt orchestrated by boylen to make himself look good.

- from Darnell Mayberry

I don't find that disgusting at all. The perspective that the writer has on the is bothersome. Kind acts SHOULD be publicized more. So much negativity out there and media FINDS a way to spin a kind act.

This point of view either makes Lavine look like the dick or Boylen the dick.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,718

Post#292 » by sco » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:52 pm

I'm disappointed we are only at 15 pages...keep 'em coming.

Here, to help you guys:

Derrick Rose is overrated.
:clap:
satriales
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#293 » by satriales » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:54 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:

- from Darnell Mayberry

I don't find that disgusting at all. The perspective that the writer has on the is bothersome. Kind acts SHOULD be publicized more. So much negativity out there and media FINDS a way to spin a kind act.

This point of view either makes Lavine look like the dick or Boylen the dick.

Negative spin for the sake of negative spin. This is what happens when professional journalists have nothing to write about any longer.
satriales
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#294 » by satriales » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:57 pm

The Explorer wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The guy tweeting didn't include one Xs and Os criticism. It's all personality stuff which matters but indicates he's not much of an expert on the sport. Probably why he's working for SB Nation and not a more reputable outlet with an ombudsman.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,348

Post#295 » by HomoSapien » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Does Boylen get another shot at being a head coach in the NBA? I'd be shocked, and it bums me out that we gave an extension to a guy that probably no other team would hire in the first place.

Does he get another assistant gig? Probably, but I also wouldn't be shocked if his reputation has taken such a hit that he struggles to find another gig.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,526

Post#296 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:21 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Does Boylen get another shot at being a head coach in the NBA? I'd be shocked, and it bums me out that we gave an extension to a guy that probably no other team would hire in the first place.

Does he get another assistant gig? Probably, but I also wouldn't be shocked if his reputation has taken such a hit that he struggles to find another gig.

Re: the first question, I doubt he ever gets another head job, but if he did, it would only be after another stint as an assistant. In terms of those prospects, Boylen talks a lot about who he's worked for, but I haven't heard those former bosses talk much about him. If he still has a good relationship with any of them, then sure, I could see him joining on as an assistant. Given how the players think he's kind of a joke league-wide, I wonder whether he looks at college gigs.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,010

Post#297 » by DuckIII » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:43 pm

- from Darnell Mayberry

Unless Zach told him to not mention it, there’s nothing disgusting about it all. And frankly it sounds more like Boylen trying to get good pub for Zach, not for himself. But either way, such a non story.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#298 » by JimmyButler21 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:57 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Does Boylen get another shot at being a head coach in the NBA? I'd be shocked, and it bums me out that we gave an extension to a guy that probably no other team would hire in the first place.

No chance
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#299 » by Mr. Tibbs » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:20 pm

I think this just had to do be done to get the complete culture change. Obviously this stint didn't go well for Boylen but he's had a great career as an assistant/associate and I'm sure he'll continue to do so.

AK/Eversley have their work cut out for them, but it's really nice to have some optimism again, feel like it's been a long ass time.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#300 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 pm

netduri2 wrote:What a weird timing. I mean it seems like the Bulls are in the bubble, they failed to compete and then AK fires him!!

I pity for Adrian Griffin if he is innocenct. He must be strongly considered as a new Bulls HC but the timing is very bad for him.

His wife accused him of domestic violence recent days though one of his child told that accusation is not true. We don't know what happaned to the family yet.

Adrian Griffin has denied his ex wife's accusations of domestic violence and abuse.
I don't know what's Griffin's ex wife's motive of these accusations maybe it's money and maybe it's something-else.
But it could also be a attempt to sabotage Griffin's coaching career especially in that case if / when Griffin is innocent.
Lets see how this case ends.

Return to Chicago Bulls