Image ImageImage Image

Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

What do you think happens this Bears off season?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:20 pm

Phillips, Pace, & Nagy go & major roster upheaval
56%
Only Pace & Nagy are replaced & major roster upheaval
26%
Only Nagy goes & we have major roster upheaval
15%
Other - Specify in post like option 1 but minor retool
3%

Total votes: 39

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Re: Bears talk 3.0: Regime & team changes are sorely needed & upon us 

Post#341 » by Susan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
fleet wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:Yikes

Read on Twitter

I honestly don’t care what coaches say to players that can’t play. It isn’t nice, but neither is football.

He has thrown 27 TDs and 15 INTs with a 13-8 record in 21 starts he can play.

I've been leery on hiring from the Patriot tree of coaches because it's flamed out everywhere else - but demanding head coaches say crazy ****.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#342 » by Jcool0 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:23 pm

Shocked... Shocked I tell you...

Read on Twitter
Susan
RealGM

Post#343 » by Susan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 pm

Interesting article in The Athletic today - Nagy had a meeting scheduled with Mitch in the 2019 offseason to discuss what he could do better and while Mitch showed up, Nagy no-showed.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,833

Post#344 » by fleet » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 pm

Susan wrote:Interesting article in The Athletic today - Nagy had a meeting scheduled with Mitch in the 2019 offseason to discuss what he could do better and while Mitch showed up, Nagy no-showed.

Mitchell Trubisky was drafted by the Chicago Bears the year before Matt Nagy was hired as head coach. Many viewed that as a problem from the start, and those concerns quickly materialized. At one point, Nagy reportedly stopped making a significant effort to help his quarterback succeed.

Adam Jahns and Kevin Fishbain of The Athletic spoke with several sources about the dysfunction that has existed in Chicago for the last decade. According to one of those sources, Trubisky and Nagy set up a one-on-one meeting after the 2019 season. That was Trubisky’s third year in the NFL and second under Nagy. The former No. 2 overall pick struggled with just 3,138 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 15 games. He wanted to discuss how he and Nagy could improve their partnership, and he prepared notes for a meeting.

Nagy reportedly “no-showed” Trubisky, and the QB left his notes behind. It was unclear if the meeting was rescheduled or ever actually took place.

The following season, Nagy was hard on Trubisky out of the gate. He supposedly blasted the former North Carolina star in front of the entire team while watching film from Chicago’s 17-13 loss to the New York Giants in Week 2. Trubisky apparently made the wrong read when completing a 12-yard pass to tight end Cole Kmet. The drive ended with a touchdown, but Nagy made it a point to blast Trubisky for missing a wide-open receiver on the play where he threw to Kmet.

“Nagy proceeded to chastise Mitch for being uncoachable and not throwing it to the proper guy in front of the whole team,” a source told The Athletic.

Trubisky was benched the following week after throwing an interception against the Atlanta Falcons. Nick Foles, whom the Bears acquired in a trade prior to the season, took over. Trubisky started again later in the year after Foles got hurt, but it was clear at that point that Nagy had moved on from him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larrybrownsports.com/football/unflattering-report-details-matt-nagys-handling-of-mitchell-trubisky/590375%3Famp
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,971

Post#345 » by nomorezorro » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:32 pm

i totally buy everything that makes nagy look like **** in that article, but i think it's pretty telling that all the juiciest anecdotes about the most recent regime are "wow that coach was a big-time screw up huh? almost makes you wonder if trubisky busting was his fault..."

although i guess instead of pace (and pace loyalists) covering his ass, it could be bears team sources who thought they were just burying nagy without realizing the larger context of the article was "this franchise does not know what it's doing and has not for a long time"
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#346 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:15 am

DraftKings odds

Jim Harbaugh +450
Brian Flores +500
Leslie Frazier +500
Doug Pederson +750
Brian Daboll +800
Pat Fitzgerald +900
Eric Bieniemy +900
Matt Eberflus +1000
Josh McDaniels +1000
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,131

Post#347 » by Chi town » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 am

fleet wrote:DraftKings odds

Jim Harbaugh +450
Brian Flores +500
Leslie Frazier +500
Doug Pederson +750
Brian Daboll +800
Pat Fitzgerald +900
Eric Bieniemy +900
Matt Eberflus +1000
Josh McDaniels +1000

I’m scared they’d take Frazier over Flores.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#348 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:15 am

Chi town wrote:

Jim Harbaugh +450
Brian Flores +500
Leslie Frazier +500
Doug Pederson +750
Brian Daboll +800
Pat Fitzgerald +900
Eric Bieniemy +900
Matt Eberflus +1000
Josh McDaniels +1000

Strong feels that Flores goes to Texans, Harbaugh to Michigan. What the Bears get from the lessers that are left, who can say. Slight feeling that it will be Frazier.
Susan
RealGM

Post#349 » by Susan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:24 am

Chi town wrote:

Jim Harbaugh +450
Brian Flores +500
Leslie Frazier +500
Doug Pederson +750
Brian Daboll +800
Pat Fitzgerald +900
Eric Bieniemy +900
Matt Eberflus +1000
Josh McDaniels +1000

Dunno how in the hell they could sell Frazier to the fans.

Pollian hired:
-Marv Levy (they worked together in 1984 for the Chicago Blitz, Levy had a decent run in KC before)
-Dom Capers (he was a up and coming DC in Pittsburgh, no working relationship)
-Tony Dungy (no previous working relationship, Dungy had an excellent run in Tampa)
-Jim Caldwell (promoted from within after Dungy was fired)
-Chris Ballard (GM) (no working relationship or experience in the role)

I'll say this, all 5 of these hires were good. Levy went to 4 Super Bowls, Capers took Carolina to the NFC Championship in year 2, Dungy won a Super Bowl, Caldwell lost a Super Bowl and Ballard has done a good job with the Colts.

fleet wrote:Strong feels that Flores goes to Texans, Harbaugh to Michigan. What the Bears get from the lessers that are left, who can say. Slight feeling that it will be Frazier.

I feel you on Flores to Houston but they also are high on Jerod Mayo. Flores has been linked to Watson but ownership and him are never going to get along, so he'll never play in Houston again. If he goes to Houston, I'll take it as a good sign because that's a freakshow down there and we would have dodged a bullet. Butttt, if he's able to get Watson to call off his no-trade clause, they're gunna be freaking good down there.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#350 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:51 am

January 14, 2022 at 10:43 am

Diving into the Bears' 'endless cycle'

Since George McCaskey took over as chairman of the Bears in 2011, the three most important people in his franchise — the GM, head coach and quarterback — have seldom aligned. Bad decisions compounded previous bad decisions.

“Nobody gets a clean slate; nobody gets to build their own program,” said former long snapper Patrick Mannelly, the longest-tenured player in Bears franchise history. “It feels like everybody kind of has had one handcuff on whenever they got hired.”
“It’s an endless cycle of inheriting the previous regime’s trash,” a former team employee said.
And it’s about to happen again.

The Athletic talked to more than a dozen sources close to the team about the moments over the past decade when the organization didn’t seem to know what it wanted to be — or how to fix itself. The sources were granted anonymity in exchange for candor

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/live-blogs/nfl-coaching-firings-reactions-hire-updates-texans-fire-david-culley-the-bears-and-giants-searches-and-more/HE5Vg4t6NXXL/%3Famp%3D1
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#351 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:38 pm

How can a betting service not see Jim Caldwell in the news? And why does everything seem to say the Bears are hiring a black coach, the presence of Tanesha Wade and ‘Soup’ Campbell? Anyway I think we know its going to be Frazier or Caldwell, but fwiw

According to BetMGM -- ironically an online service not available in Illinois -- Flores is the 8-5 (+160) chalk to be the next transitting whistler in Lake Forest.

Directly below the 40-year-old surprise free agent are:

• Ex-Bear and current Buffalo DC Leslie Frazier, 6-1;

• Bills OC Brian Daboli, 13-2;

• Colts DC Matt Eberflus, 13-2; and,

• Underemployed Super Bowl 52 Philly cheese champ Doug Pederson, 8-1.

A competing odds ranking has Jim Harbaugh up as the second choice behind Flores at 4-1.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20220115/odonnell-vegas-odds-say-flores-but-bill-polians-back-pages-circle-much-closer-to-super-bowl-xx
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#352 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:00 pm

We can’t have nice things

Read on Twitter
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#353 » by Bulls2021 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:16 pm

I understand lack of diversity among football head coaches is a hot topic right now. I don't understand why people are completely appalled that Bieniemy hasn't gotten a head coaching job yet. He has multiple DUIs and multiple assault charges, one against a woman... I wouldn't want that dude coaching my team.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#354 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Susan
RealGM

Post#355 » by Susan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:08 pm

fleet wrote:We can’t have nice things

Read on Twitter

I'm getting more intrigued by DaBoll - not saying it's an absolute requirement that our next coach maximizes Justin, but damn, it would be nice if that happened.

Flores with Tua gives me Scott Skiles vibes, brings teams to that respectable level but struggles with top end talent that will speak out against him. Minkah Fitzpatrick didn't get along with Flores and he got traded to Pittsburgh where he's been a first team all pro safety in his first two years in Pittsburgh.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#356 » by fleet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 pm

Flores does seem to be like Scott Skiles. Thibs even. The reliability of Jordan Shultz I cannot say. But I would guess that any coach trying to get a HC job would be smart enough not to hitch himself to a wagon like Deshaun Watson during job interviews ffs. My guess is, the Watson camp is putting stuff out there and taking liberties.
Susan
RealGM

Post#357 » by Susan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:45 pm

fleet wrote:Flores does seem to be like Scott Skiles. Thibs even. The reliability of Jordan Shultz I cannot say. But I would guess that any coach trying to get a HC job would be smart enough not to hitch himself to a wagon like Deshaun Watson during job interviews ffs. My guess is, the Watson camp is putting stuff out there and taking liberties.

Thibs got along with his stars though.

Skiles was out there pushing Chris Duhon and Andres Nocioni to heights they'd never expected but while casting off Tyson Chandler.

Fitzpatrick was a big time draft pick for them as was Tua - just win with the guys you've got. The Flores/Watson stuff is real - NYG has the 5th and 7th picks so they could pay up and get him, or maybe he could convince him to play again in Houston, not sure.

But despite the success, there's some troubling things - he pissed off his owner, his GM, his coaches and his young stars.

I'd much prefer Harbaugh who elevated Alex Smith, got SF to a higher peak and quicker than Flores did and only butted heads with a GM who's basically the Gar Foreman of the NFL right now (5 coaches in 5 years for Trent Baalke) and is the biggest reason why Jax isn't a slam dunk position right now.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,606

Post#358 » by dice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:00 pm

Jim Harbaugh +450
Brian Flores +500
Leslie Frazier +500
Doug Pederson +750
Brian Daboll +800
Pat Fitzgerald +900
Eric Bieniemy +900
Matt Eberflus +1000
Josh McDaniels +1000

so basically nobody has any freaking idea
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,606

Post#359 » by dice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:02 pm

fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:Interesting article in The Athletic today - Nagy had a meeting scheduled with Mitch in the 2019 offseason to discuss what he could do better and while Mitch showed up, Nagy no-showed.

Mitchell Trubisky was drafted by the Chicago Bears the year before Matt Nagy was hired as head coach. Many viewed that as a problem from the start, and those concerns quickly materialized. At one point, Nagy reportedly stopped making a significant effort to help his quarterback succeed.

Adam Jahns and Kevin Fishbain of The Athletic spoke with several sources about the dysfunction that has existed in Chicago for the last decade. According to one of those sources, Trubisky and Nagy set up a one-on-one meeting after the 2019 season. That was Trubisky’s third year in the NFL and second under Nagy. The former No. 2 overall pick struggled with just 3,138 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 15 games. He wanted to discuss how he and Nagy could improve their partnership, and he prepared notes for a meeting.

Nagy reportedly “no-showed” Trubisky, and the QB left his notes behind. It was unclear if the meeting was rescheduled or ever actually took place.

The following season, Nagy was hard on Trubisky out of the gate. He supposedly blasted the former North Carolina star in front of the entire team while watching film from Chicago’s 17-13 loss to the New York Giants in Week 2. Trubisky apparently made the wrong read when completing a 12-yard pass to tight end Cole Kmet. The drive ended with a touchdown, but Nagy made it a point to blast Trubisky for missing a wide-open receiver on the play where he threw to Kmet.

“Nagy proceeded to chastise Mitch for being uncoachable and not throwing it to the proper guy in front of the whole team,” a source told The Athletic.

Trubisky was benched the following week after throwing an interception against the Atlanta Falcons. Nick Foles, whom the Bears acquired in a trade prior to the season, took over. Trubisky started again later in the year after Foles got hurt, but it was clear at that point that Nagy had moved on from him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larrybrownsports.com/football/unflattering-report-details-matt-nagys-handling-of-mitchell-trubisky/590375%3Famp

there is ZERO chance that nagy just blew off trubisky and didn't reschedule
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#360 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:45 pm

dice wrote:
fleet wrote:

there is ZERO chance that nagy just blew off trubisky and didn't reschedule
Considering this information was given only on the pretext of being granted anonymity..I think you're wrong. Not to mention the other damning information in this article regarding Nagy and Trubisky.

Sent from my SM-F711U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bulls