Image ImageImage Image

Buyout market

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,496

Re: Buyout market 

Post#41 » by Muzbar » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:47 am

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

That'll be the Bulls target. They tried to get him a few years ago.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 340

Post#42 » by PistolP » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:30 am

I wouldn’t mind Gallo or Thadgic
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,374

Post#43 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:08 am

Muzbar wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

That'll be the Bulls target. They tried to get him a few years ago.

Agreed, plus Billy has a relationship with him. He’ll at least give us size and shooting.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,248

Post#44 » by Red8911 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:12 am

I vote for Joe Harris, KC already mentioned him as well.Solid player who can shoot and could really help the bulls off the bench. Hasn’t done much this season in Detroit but didn’t really play much for them.If they don’t get Joe then Gallinari should be option 2.

Then they should consider getting Thaddeus Young as well. Could be a good 3rd string option to have for the Center and PF positions. We all know what he can do even though he’s now 35, for a limited role he would help. Besides he liked it in Chicago I’m sure if AK shows interest he would come back.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,931

Post#45 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:28 am

the buyout market looks interesting. AK should definitely sign 1 or 2 if possible. Somebody probably going to get waived, maybe Drell?
Muzbar
Starter

Post#46 » by Muzbar » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:57 am

RSP83 wrote:the buyout market looks interesting. AK should definitely sign 1 or 2 if possible. Somebody probably going to get waived, maybe Drell?

Drell is on a 2-way, he doesn't take up a roster spot.

The Bulls have 1 roster spot available currently.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,248

Post#47 » by Red8911 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:46 am

Muzbar wrote:
RSP83 wrote:the buyout market looks interesting. AK should definitely sign 1 or 2 if possible. Somebody probably going to get waived, maybe Drell?

How about that Lonzo Ball exception? I dont remember what that was but AK applied for it, got it and hasn’t used it since September.

I believe that could be used to sign an extra FA for the season(could be wrong) but obviously the money needs to stay below the tax because god forbid Jerry ever pays the tax.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,711

Post#48 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:50 am

Waiving two-way contract guys doesn't free up any roster spots or cap space.

Ideally we'd pick up Joe Harris and one of Thad or Gallo. With luxury tax implications being what they are, we'll probably get no one.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#49 » by Muzbar » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:03 am

Red8911 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

How about that Lonzo Ball exception? I dont remember what that was but AK applied for it, got it and hasn’t used it since September.

I believe that could be used to sign an extra FA for the season(could be wrong) but obviously the money needs to stay below the tax because god forbid Jerry ever pays the tax.

They can use the exception, sure. But they don't want to go over the tax line which I think they're like 1.7m under I think (I could be wrong) but that exception doesn't open up a roster spot either.

AK should have at least trading Terry Taylor to a team with capspace and then he'd have 2 roster spots plus a bit more room under the tax line to play with.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#50 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:03 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:

Waiving two-way contract guys doesn't free up any roster spots or cap space.

Ideally we'd pick up Joe Harris and one of Thad or Gallo. With luxury tax implications being what they are, we'll probably get no one.

I think the FO is determined to get at least one, however that works cap wise. The Joe Harris interest I think is legit, and this is in line with AK's MO the last 2 years (Tristan Thompson, Pat Bev).
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#51 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:04 am

Muzbar wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Drell is on a 2-way, he doesn't take up a roster spot.

They can use the exception, sure. But they don't want to go over the tax line which I think they're like 1.7m under I think (I could be wrong) but that exception doesn't open up a roster spot either.

AK should have at least trading Terry Taylor to a team with capspace and then he'd have 2 roster spots plus a bit more room under the tax line to play with.

Can we waive Taylor and make 1 more space available? I honestly don't see the point of keeping Taylor long term.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#52 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:13 am

RSP83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Red8911 wrote:How about that Lonzo Ball exception? I dont remember what that was but AK applied for it, got it and hasn’t used it since September.

Can we waive Taylor and make 1 more space available? I honestly don't see the point of keeping Taylor long term.

He’s signed to a guaranteed two year deal. :cry:
Muzbar
Starter

Post#53 » by Muzbar » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:01 am

RSP83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Red8911 wrote:How about that Lonzo Ball exception? I dont remember what that was but AK applied for it, got it and hasn’t used it since September.

They can, but then they can't sign 2 and remain under the tax line, which is obviously a goal to them.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#54 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:24 am

HomoSapien wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:They can use the exception, sure. But they don't want to go over the tax line which I think they're like 1.7m under I think (I could be wrong) but that exception doesn't open up a roster spot either.

:banghead:
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#55 » by aramada » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:34 am

HomoSapien wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:They can use the exception, sure. But they don't want to go over the tax line which I think they're like 1.7m under I think (I could be wrong) but that exception doesn't open up a roster spot either.

24-25 salary guaranteed on 7/7/24 per Spotrac
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,582

Post#56 » by Andi Obst » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:40 am

Yeah, Terry Taylor's deal is non-guaranteed for next season. However, it became fully guaranteed for this season in January. For some reason, the Bulls decided to hold on to him.

Don't think you can waive Taylor, add 2 players and avoid the tax.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#57 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:05 am

Whoops, I stand corrected. Glad it’s not guaranteed next year.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,857

Post#58 » by Dez » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:40 am

People complaining about not enough size then wanting to add Joe Harris and Spencer Dinwiddie, makes sense.

Gallo should be the target.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#59 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:10 am

Dez wrote:People complaining about not enough size then wanting to add Joe Harris and Spencer Dinwiddie, makes sense.

Gallo should be the target.

Joe hustles and I'd rather see him shoot open shots than Dalen Terry.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,727

Post#60 » by sco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:35 pm

I'd be happy with any capable vet bumping Terry and Phillips out of the rotation.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls