Image ImageImage Image

Thibodeau

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#41 » by Ajosu » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:30 pm

coldfish wrote:From wiretap

If Paxson hires a guy like Del Negro, Casey or Person without talking to Thibodeau, I will be firmly on the fire Paxson now list.

Agreed. This is the one reason I can see our front office being justified in taking so long. Once we lost out on D'Antoni, we really had no clear cut favorite candidate. There were even questions about D'Antoni because of our organization's emphasis on defense. Thibodeau is the best option for a defensive minded coach.

IMO, if the coaching search has stalled because of disagreement between Paxson and JR, then Paxson needs to go even if JR is really to blame. We need our management to see eye to eye and be on the same page. Those kinds of things would prevent us from making the best possible business decisions (aka using our assets to bring in a top-notch player...maybe Gasol, Bryant, or KG?). Anyhow, I hope this is not the reason for missing out on all those guys.

If we sign Thibodeau, that would be an even bigger reason to draft Beasley. If he can turn Paul Pierce into a good defender, then I would be very confident he can get Beasley to play D as well.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,425

Post#42 » by coldfish » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:37 pm

Ajosu wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. This is the one reason I can see our front office being justified in taking so long. Once we lost out on D'Antoni, we really had no clear cut favorite candidate. There were even questions about D'Antoni because of our organization's emphasis on defense. Thibodeau is the best option for a defensive minded coach.

With the Phoenix job filled, there are now no other coaching vacancies. There is no time pressure whatsoever. To wait this long, then hire a low visibility coach before you can even talk to Thibodeau would be unconscionable.

At least talk to the guy.

I can understand hiring Casey at this point. I would disagree, but its understandable given his experience. Hiring Person or Del Negro without talking to Thibodeau, again, would be absolutely crazy. They have nothing on TT. I can't believe that anyone could possibly be that stupid and irresponsible.
Bull Shak
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#43 » by Bull Shak » Sun Jun 8, 2008 1:49 pm

coldfish wrote:From wiretap

Vinny Del Negro appears to be the front runner for the vacant coaching position in Chicago, with Del Negro, Chuck Person and Dwane Casey told that a decision for the position is imminent, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is reporting.

Casey was said to have impressed team chairman Jerry Reinsdorf during his second interview Wednesday. Paxson, sources say, touched base with representatives for Casey and Person.

The Bulls have given no indications they will wait for Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau, who is working in the NBA Finals against the Lakers.

"He has an unfair advantage," Lakers star Kobe Bryant said. "He started drilling me, NBA basketball drills, when I was 14. Every single team he has been on had great strategies and physical defense. He's awesome."

If Paxson hires a guy like Del Negro, Casey or Person without talking to Thibodeau, I will be firmly on the fire Paxson now list.

I think there is a chance that Paxson talked to Thibo during that big break between the conference finals and NBA finals. I just don't see how he isn't the guy, or maybe didn't even get a freaking interview.

Also, Paxson had to have talked with Avery. Avery said they were going to talk on the radio.

Paxson/Reindsorf have liked to keep these things hush hush, and getting mad when the D'Antoni and Collins things leaked. I think there is a good chance that Thibo or Avery, or someone else not named those 3 guys is our guy. I just can't see us taking a D-list coaching option when we have A-list former head coaches (Avery Johnson, Flip Saunders, Jeff Van Gundy), and A-list assistants (Kurt Rambis and Tom Thibodeau) available
http://www.dabullz.com home to the Bulls' encyclopedia.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#44 » by TB#1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 2:38 pm

I would like to see Thib at least get interviewed before we hire someone like Del Negro or even Casey.
Jay Mariotti
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Jay Mariotti » Sun Jun 8, 2008 2:41 pm

Cost too much and he won't leave the Celtics to join Mad Pax, and the Buffoon Jerry Reinsdorf
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#46 » by 6_Rings » Sun Jun 8, 2008 2:44 pm

by the time, Pax interviews Thib, the draft is just around the corner and they might not be able to brainstorm on who is to be drafted. although Rose is a no-brainer...
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#47 » by Ajosu » Sun Jun 8, 2008 4:52 pm

Bull Shak wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=xAzhgTTkUEw

Thibo will rip our players' asses if they get out of line.

If we have an elite defensive system, and great offensive players (Gordon, Beasley, Deng), this team has the potential to win a championship (with Beasley).

I agree. That team has it all. The big IF is getting the offensive minded players to buy into playing D first. TT has a reputation for getting players to buy into what he says, so I like his chances. That looks like a complete team to me. Beasley, Gordon, Deng give us a well rounded offensive threat (not to mention Thomas bringing his occasional flashes of greatness). With a top 10 defense, I think that is a monster of a team. Only problem is we already have a "TT" on our team. One needs to be T squared and the other TTizzle.

Bring in TT and draft Beasley!
TB#1
Banned User

Post#48 » by TB#1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 4:55 pm

Jay Mariotti wrote:Cost too much and he won't leave the Celtics to join Mad Pax, and the Buffoon Jerry Reinsdorf

Man, don't take your user-name so literally. Lighten up, Francis.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#49 » by Shill » Sun Jun 8, 2008 6:22 pm

LMAO @ Bull Shak holding out hope for Avery Johnson.

It ain't gonna happen, brotha.

BTW I completely agree with coldfish. We have to AT LEAST talk to Thibodeau. There's no rush.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
DaBulls82
Head Coach
And1: 868

Post#50 » by DaBulls82 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:12 pm

coldfish wrote:If Paxson hires a guy like Del Negro, Casey or Person without talking to Thibodeau, I will be firmly on the fire Paxson now list.

As little faith as I have in this organization, I have to believe that if they hire someone this week they've at least spoken to Thibo asking him if he would be interested. I can't imagine Pax talking about taking his time, exploring all options, and then a week before a potential candidate becomes available to interview we make a decision.

If it comes out that we never even asked about Thibo then I'll join you on the fire Pax list.
14 years is a nice run but it's time to end the Paxson era.

ImageImageImage
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#51 » by coldfish » Sun Jun 8, 2008 8:43 pm

DaBulls82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As little faith as I have in this organization, I have to believe that if they hire someone this week they've at least spoken to Thibo asking him if he would be interested. I can't imagine Pax talking about taking his time, exploring all options, and then a week before a potential candidate becomes available to interview we make a decision.

If it comes out that we never even asked about Thibo then I'll join you on the fire Pax list.

I agree. Its a harsh comment, but to make a decision now without any time pressure or competition from other teams would be extremely unprofessional.

Quite frankly, I don't understand why Phoenix moved so fast to hire a reject like Porter.
TB#1
Banned User

Post#52 » by TB#1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 10:39 pm

Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:LMAO @ Bull Shak

You don't really have to type this -- its sort of one of those things that is assumed in every post.
Bull Shak
Banned User

Post#53 » by Bull Shak » Sun Jun 8, 2008 10:59 pm

What are you guys going to do the day Avery Johnson is introduced as head coach?
TB#1
Banned User

Post#54 » by TB#1 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:03 pm

Bull Shak wrote:What are you guys going to do the day Avery Johnson is introduced as head coach?

I'll be busy stopping protecting you from getting banned for being just a general annoyance to the board. You have no idea what a difficult task that has been.

What will you be doing?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,817

Post#55 » by DuckIII » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:08 pm

Bull Shak wrote:What are you guys going to do the day Avery Johnson is introduced as head coach?

Of which team?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Bull Shak
Banned User

Post#56 » by Bull Shak » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:23 pm

DuckIII wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Of which team?

It'd be nice if it was the Bulls, but Thibodeau is a good choice as well (helping ourselves while crippling Boston). I actually think Detroit will end up signing Avery; that group seems to be a very good fit for him.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#57 » by coldfish » Sun Jun 8, 2008 11:50 pm

Bull Shak wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It'd be nice if it was the Bulls, but Thibodeau is a good choice as well (helping ourselves while crippling Boston). I actually think Detroit will end up signing Avery; that group seems to be a very good fit for him.

I had assumed that Michael Curry was the man in Detroit. If not, then I was wrong on my "Chicago is the only opening right now" rants.
Bull Shak
Banned User

Post#58 » by Bull Shak » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:47 am

Thibo is padding his resume once again tonight.

God damn John Paxson if he signs one of these three stooges before the finals are over. It looks like it may be a quick finals.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,774

Post#59 » by kyrv » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:03 am

That depends, is he coaching Rockford or the Sky?

I'm going to confess something here. I will carry out whatever I was already doing that day, and not give the tail of a fine rodent.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,774

Post#60 » by kyrv » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:04 am

TB#1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You don't really have to type this -- its sort of one of those things that is assumed in every post.

As in...plus Doug...minus Bull_Shak? :o

Return to Chicago Bulls