Image ImageImage Image

OT: Bears 2018 & 2019 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Re: OT: Bears trade for Khalil Mack 

Post#461 » by FecesOfDeath » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:16 pm

After watching years of Jay Cutler, I'm sure Pace and Bears fans were extremely weary of drafting a very similar Patrick Mahomes.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,602

Post#462 » by dice » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:34 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
dice wrote:just did 100 simulations based on the current vegas super bowl odds. bears made the playoffs...50 times. that garoppolo injury really helped, particularly given that the bears have a game in san fran late in the year

Vegas Odds (Westgate) has the Bears at 66.5% chance of making the postseason right now. And a 46.7% chance of winning the NFC North. CBSSportsline has the odds contained in their standings....

notice that they have minny at 10/1 to win the super bowl (as of last week) but less than 20% to even make the playoffs. doesn't make sense. I think their playoff formula is screwy. that said, after their performance this past week the bears jumped to 4th best odds to win the NFC, so 50% might be a tad light on their playoff chances
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#463 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:38 pm

thedarkstark wrote:You can all salivate over Mahomes but let's make one thing very clear, Trubisky was the #1 rated QB prospect going into the draft by nearly every scout, Mahomes was 3rd behind Watson.

If you actually watch the game instead of focusing on the box score Trubisky has shown rare ability to keep plays alive, turn would be sacks into big gains. He's great at throwing on the run, running for big gains, he has great size and incredible arm strength, he makes good reads and rarely forces bad throws.

He needs to continue working on his footwork, going through progressions, and learning the offense but this dude is going to be a stud just chill.

Mahomes might be better but that's the just how the draft goes, stop with all this ****ing negativity I'm so sick of it, be happy for once in your miserable lives.

every one of your posts in this thread is overly hostile, and condescending. You need to cool down a little, because it's not that serious. No one is provoking you either.

Lastly, people can express their opinions however they want regards to any players so stop telling people how to post or attacking the board/people in general because their opinions don't line up with yours

Thank you.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#464 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:38 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:After watching years of Jay Cutler, I'm sure Pace and Bears fans were extremely weary of drafting a very similar Patrick Mahomes.

Outside of arm talent, I don't see how they're similar.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#465 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Oct 2, 2018 10:42 pm

thedarkstark wrote:You can all salivate over Mahomes but let's make one thing very clear, Trubisky was the #1 rated QB prospect going into the draft by nearly every scout, Mahomes was 3rd behind Watson.

If you actually watch the game instead of focusing on the box score Trubisky has shown rare ability to keep plays alive, turn would be sacks into big gains. He's great at throwing on the run, running for big gains, he has great size and incredible arm strength, he makes good reads and rarely forces bad throws.

He needs to continue working on his footwork, going through progressions, and learning the offense but this dude is going to be a stud just chill.

Mahomes might be better but that's the just how the draft goes, stop with all this ****ing negativity I'm so sick of it, be happy for once in your miserable lives.

I'm with you. I still believe in Mitchell. I think he's shown a lot of signs... even prior to Sunday. He's had some rough games and made some bad passes, but he'll get there.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,356

Post#466 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Oct 2, 2018 11:10 pm

Mahomes to Trubisky is a bogus comparison for the time being. I wonder how good Mahomes would like right now if their rookie and sophomore seasons were reversed.

Trubisky 2 years in this offense vs Mahomes under Fox for a year.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,781

Post#467 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 12:40 am

Trubisky actually looked good during preseason of his rookie year, then John Fox happens. Once Mitch trusts his instincts, allows the game to slow down and simply play intead of "thinking", he will be fine.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#468 » by Susan » Wed Oct 3, 2018 12:49 am

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#469 » by Susan » Wed Oct 3, 2018 12:52 am

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#470 » by Dominator83 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:50 am

Sounds more like Mahomes :wink:

But I will say that Mitch has been very impressive with his legs. His running ability to get out of jams has been a pleasant surprise
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#471 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Oct 3, 2018 2:54 am

Since this thread is already derailed, Go cubs ! Lol. Omg can these guys get a run?

As a Bears fan since the late 90’s,
The highest level of bears qb play i have seen:
1.Mitchs’ 1st half.
2. Josh McCown
3. Jay Cutler

The list can continue but im cutting it there for now. Coincidentally that appears to be ‘golden age’ of bears qb play, Of course Mcmahon deserves an honorable mention, tragically cut short. And before my time.

Edit: 11:17 pm My post are continuing to be edited without my consent or warning.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#472 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Oct 3, 2018 3:03 am

Btw mahomes arm strength is like slam dunking. Yes cool, but still an arbitrary skill.
That comparison was in no way intended to diminish the skill of slam dunking
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#473 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 3:16 pm

GREAT read int her Ringer yesterday talking about about his chances for MVP. I didn't realize LT was the last Defensive NFL MVP way back in '86! We make the playoffs and the D is top ranked, how does he NOT win it? He has re-energized this lagging franchise and has people appreciating NFL defense.....

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/10/2/17926946/khalil-mack-chicago-bears-six-steps-nfl-mvp

and wow, he's got a little brother?
Read on Twitter

We're drafting this guy right? Could you imagine Kahlil and Kahlil jr on the same D?

and this is a good distraction from the Cubs disaster. Kahlil Mack and his dad visit the MACK truck factory, take a MACK semi for a ride and then go hang out and have dinner with some of the factory workers. It's a total marketing piece but a great look at Kahlil off the field and what kind of guy his dad raised him to be. (and his dad is HUGE, wish we could see his mom)

Read on Twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#474 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Oct 3, 2018 4:29 pm

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

I figured he'd be in the discussion when they traded for him so not really surprised. The defense with him always had the potential to be the best in the league.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#475 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:20 am

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/11/19/18102867/chicago-bears-khalil-mack-changed-nfc-north-division

The Ringer finally gets on board with what a lot in this thread were saying.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#476 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 am

This trade gets more lopsided by the day. Right now, the Bears pick is projected to be a late 1st. Our front 7 is as talented as anyone in the league and we have a good secondary on top of it. It's absolutely ruthless.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#477 » by RememberLu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 am

Everything is coming together. Mack gets the majority of credit from the media, perhaps rightfully so, but the truth is that everything is coming together. Pace handpicked Nagy who turned out to be way more solid than Bears fans could've dreamed of. This is his first season as a HC in the league, and he has the team at the top of the division. Pace's draft and FA moves are paying off on multiple levels. The WR corps is entirely remade from last year. Trey Burton, Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen, Anthony Miller, Taylor Gabriel. Pace brought them all in. He brought in Eddie Jackson, he signed Prince Amukamara, he drafted Bilal Nichols and even he looks decent.

Looks like Pace learned his lesson since giving Mike Glennon that dumb contract
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,702

Post#478 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:07 am

Our defense is damn good. Probably the best it's been since 05-06.

Just need Trubisky to get better and better.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,509

Post#479 » by GetBuLLish » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:12 am

Regardless of your thoughts on the trade, I think we can all agree that it is an absolute thrill to watch Mack play as a Bear. He looks super human.

Trubisky is (hopefully) on his way to proving me wrong. His progression through the season has been very promising.
TeK
Assistant Coach
And1: 984

Post#480 » by TeK » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Since this thread is already derailed, Go cubs ! Lol. Omg can these guys get a run?

As a Bears fan since the late 90’s,
The highest level of bears qb play i have seen:
1.Mitchs’ 1st half.
2. Josh McCown
3. Jay Cutler

Jim Miller. 8-)
DuckIII wrote:As for New York (Knicks), they stunk because they stink and the roster looks disjointed and nonsensical because it is.

Return to Chicago Bulls