Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,371

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#741 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 23, 2024 4:26 pm

Our frontcourt defense has been the softest in the league since the days of Jimmy, Taj and Noah. Vet min coming back from surgery Javonte seemed like a god send. All compounded by Vuc, Demar and sleepy Pat.

TBH- if Holland drops to Chicago, that dude’s playing minutes for Billy. He’s very feisty, can jump and he talks. I also find it telling that even though his ratio was horrible, the Ignite coaches gave him ball-handling duties over Matas. Maybe they’re the worst developmental staff in the business.. but I tend to think Matas simply wasn’t as good as him in the ballhandling department.

Of course you’re not making him your PG, unless you’re tanking. Coby and Demar handle the ball. But having somebody who could rebound and take it full court would be a huge change of pace for this horrible/slow/soft Bulls front court.

I just don’t see how Holland drops to 11. Would have to trade up.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#742 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 23, 2024 4:30 pm

Here’s an idea i just had: would you guys pull a Pax/Deng and risk pulling all of next year’s pick protection (top-10) to get Spurs’ #8?

Was just thinking, this draft has its skeptics, Spurs have a lot of youth on the roster, and the Bulls are still on this unattractive rocket to hell. Would Arturas take the gamble? I think, yes. I wonder if Spurs would go for some variation of it. They’d probably need more to make the deal.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#743 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu May 23, 2024 5:02 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Here’s an idea i just had: would you guys pull a Pax/Deng and risk pulling all of next year’s pick protection (top-10) to get Spurs’ #8?

Was just thinking, this draft has its skeptics, Spurs have a lot of youth on the roster, and the Bulls are still on this unattractive rocket to hell. Would Arturas take the gamble? I think, yes. I wonder if Spurs would go for some variation of it. They’d probably need more to make the deal.

Next year's draft class is too special to do something like that.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 151

Post#744 » by Bulldog23 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:20 pm

The Bulls are not interested in getting draft capital.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 8,180

Post#745 » by Jcool0 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:01 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Here’s an idea i just had: would you guys pull a Pax/Deng and risk pulling all of next year’s pick protection (top-10) to get Spurs’ #8?

Eh people say that every year.
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 923

Post#746 » by ChiefILL53 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:24 pm

Id rather try to get next years pick back seeing that its supposed to be a much stronger draft than this one.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#747 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu May 23, 2024 7:16 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:

The 2025 has been talked about with praise and hype for a few years now. So not like every year.

Cooper Flagg, Ace Bailey, Dylan Harper look to be special players.

Plus international prospects like Hugo Gonzalez and Nolan Traore .
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 8,180

Post#748 » by Jcool0 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:59 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:

The 2025 has been talked about with praise and hype for a few years now. So not like every year.

Cooper Flagg, Ace Bailey, Dylan Harper look to be special players.

Plus international prospects like Hugo Gonzalez and Nolan Traore .

And if players like Ron Holland, Isaiah Collier and Matas Buzelis had paned out better this would be an amazing class. Instead they are flawed but talented players in a down year. You never know.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#749 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 23, 2024 9:50 pm

This might be a good draft to trade into one more pick. If Zach or Caruso can snag a top10, I’d take it and run.

Collier and Holland or Clingon for example, pairing two of these guys with Ayo/Coby/Demar/Pat would atleast give this team a new layer of toughness and positional size.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 1,065

Post#750 » by burlydee » Thu May 23, 2024 11:58 pm

MrSparkle wrote:This might be a good draft to trade into one more pick. If Zach or Caruso can snag a top10, I’d take it and run.

Collier and Holland or Clingon for example, pairing two of these guys with Ayo/Coby/Demar/Pat would atleast give this team a new layer of toughness and positional size.

A trade I've been thinking about is Bertans, Williams, and the #6 pick for Zach.

There is no question to me that the Bulls could get a top 10 pick with Caruso. I wonder if they could get #3? Houston is in win now mode. Caruso. Vuc and #11 for Brooks and #3
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,385

Post#751 » by Chi town » Fri May 24, 2024 12:53 am

I’d be shocked if Caruso nets a top ten pick. I’m thinking mid teens and a late 1st.

Tops for Zach would be 16-20ish.
Muzbar
Veteran
And1: 1,796

Post#752 » by Muzbar » Fri May 24, 2024 1:09 am

burlydee wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:This might be a good draft to trade into one more pick. If Zach or Caruso can snag a top10, I’d take it and run.

A trade I've been thinking about is Bertans, Williams, and the #6 pick for Zach.

There is no question to me that the Bulls could get a top 10 pick with Caruso. I wonder if they could get #3? Houston is in win now mode. Caruso. Vuc and #11 for Brooks and #3

Grant or Mark?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
2weekswithpay
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#753 » by 2weekswithpay » Fri May 24, 2024 1:22 am

Muzbar wrote:
burlydee wrote:

Grant or Mark?

I don't think it matters, the Hornets should say no.
Muzbar
Veteran
And1: 1,796

Post#754 » by Muzbar » Fri May 24, 2024 2:01 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
burlydee wrote:

Grant or Mark?

I don't think it matters, the Hornets should say no.

Agreed. Although they'd probably be more agreeable to Grant than Mark, plus the Bulls would probably have to include the 11 also to make it work.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,385

Post#755 » by Chi town » Fri May 24, 2024 2:31 am

MrSparkle wrote:Our frontcourt defense has been the softest in the league since the days of Jimmy, Taj and Noah. Vet min coming back from surgery Javonte seemed like a god send. All compounded by Vuc, Demar and sleepy Pat.

TBH- if Holland drops to Chicago, that dude’s playing minutes for Billy. He’s very feisty, can jump and he talks. I also find it telling that even though his ratio was horrible, the Ignite coaches gave him ball-handling duties over Matas. Maybe they’re the worst developmental staff in the business.. but I tend to think Matas simply wasn’t as good as him in the ballhandling department.

Of course you’re not making him your PG, unless you’re tanking. Coby and Demar handle the ball. But having somebody who could rebound and take it full court would be a huge change of pace for this horrible/slow/soft Bulls front court.

I just don’t see how Holland drops to 11. Would have to trade up.

Holland is a true competitor. I think he will be the steal of the draft.
Guru
Starter
And1: 321

Post#756 » by Guru » Fri May 24, 2024 3:46 am

Spurs are a really great target.

Pop is 75 years old. He has a star. Vassell and Sochan are both good. They have 2 top-10 picks to add to the rotation. They could use a veteran to speed things up. Pop is close to Zach Lavine and coached him at the Olympics.

They are loaded with future first-rounders

Could do Lavine for Johnson, Branham, and a future 1st.
SirKaiser
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#757 » by SirKaiser » Fri May 24, 2024 6:26 am

Guru wrote:Spurs are a really great target.

Pop is 75 years old. He has a star. Vassell and Sochan are both good. They have 2 top-10 picks to add to the rotation. They could use a veteran to speed things up. Pop is close to Zach Lavine and coached him at the Olympics.

Spurs will probably be my new favorite team if that happens. As long as Lavine stays healthy, he will earn that superstar money playing with Wemby.
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 923

Post#758 » by ChiefILL53 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:13 am

Guru wrote:Spurs are a really great target.

That future 1st should be our 2025 pick back lol
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,293

Post#759 » by Jvaughn » Fri May 24, 2024 12:50 pm

I didn't watch much Ignite games this year, but Buzelis looks promising. What do you guys think about him? And is there a chance he drops a bit. A lot of mocks I've seen lately has him in our range.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Guru
Starter
And1: 321

Post#760 » by Guru » Fri May 24, 2024 2:22 pm

What are your favorite go to Mock Drafts?

I always like the Ringer https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft
And athletic-which is pay but worth it

Return to Chicago Bulls