Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

2weekswithpay
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#781 » by 2weekswithpay » Sat May 25, 2024 2:02 am

Chicagoat wrote:Can someone else explain to me the hype on Salaun ? He looks so more different in highlights vs actual games. In full games he looked completely lost at times. The tools are attractive but his game right now is not.

I would rather have other players in our range or hope one of the top 10 guys to fall to us. Which seems likely since Carter and Saluan are getting top 10 buzz.

Good size and physical tools, and his shot isn't broken or anything. You're correct though he is very raw.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 693

Post#782 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat May 25, 2024 3:23 am

Chicagoat wrote:Can someone else explain to me the hype on Salaun ? He looks so more different in highlights vs actual games. In full games he looked completely lost at times. The tools are attractive but his game right now is not.

I would rather have other players in our range or hope one of the top 10 guys to fall to us. Which seems likely since Carter and Saluan are getting top 10 buzz.

He's still playing games is the reason for the hype. The March Madness bump is over, the NBA Combine bump is over, now there's an intriguing prospects overseas still playing games.

Personally, I still think Tyler Smith will be the best player available at 11.
ROLES & HOLES
Muzbar
Veteran
And1: 1,796

Post#783 » by Muzbar » Sat May 25, 2024 3:38 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:

He's still playing games is the reason for the hype. The March Madness bump is over, the NBA Combine bump is over, now there's an intriguing prospects overseas still playing games.

Eh, I love Tyler Smith and would love to trade back or acquire a second FRP, but I wouldn't taken him at 11.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Rose2Boozer
Starter

Post#784 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat May 25, 2024 4:03 am

Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:

Eh, I love Tyler Smith and would love to trade back or acquire a second FRP, but I wouldn't taken him at 11.

Tyler Smith is just fine at 11. Prospects that are being mocked ahead of him are not better than him. Smith already have the advantage of shooting the three well from NBA distance. I can't say the same for Holland or Buzelis.
ROLES & HOLES
Muzbar
Veteran
And1: 1,796

Post#785 » by Muzbar » Sat May 25, 2024 6:15 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:

Tyler Smith is just fine at 11. Prospects that are being mocked ahead of him are not better than him. Smith already have the advantage of shooting the three well from NBA distance. I can't say the same for Holland or Buzelis.

I'd love to be proven wrong if he's drafted by the Bulls, he's a pretty raw prospect but he has good size, athleticism has shown shooting ability.

I'd definitely welcome him to the Bulls, but you could probably trade back and get him plus an additional asset.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,869

Post#786 » by DuckIII » Sat May 25, 2024 1:14 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:

Still too early to rely on mocks but he’s not even being discussed as a first round pick in several I reviewed and the others have him in the mid-20s.

Scouting reports describe a guy who can do things we need at the 4 - height, perimeter shooting and above the rim lob play. But his three ball could be an anomaly (one good year only so far) and all of the reports describe him as an absolutely useless defender with zero offense other than the lobs and 3s.

If all of that is accurate, that would be a waste of the 11th pick. But maybe it’s not accurate? The videos I watched were not detailed enough to tell, but the guy is certainly an NBA athlete and his shooting form is good.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#787 » by DuckIII » Sat May 25, 2024 1:17 pm

I am really enjoying the pre-draft this year. It’s fun just because of how all over the map the projections are. With the Bulls picking at 11 I’m studying guys currently mocking anywhere from 3rd to 30th depending on the source.

My guess is that by draft day there will be several guys currently mocking in the top 10 who will be there at 11. For AK to trade for Grant Williams.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 8,180

Post#788 » by Jcool0 » Sat May 25, 2024 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#789 » by Jcool0 » Sat May 25, 2024 2:37 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:

Still too early to rely on mocks but he’s not even being discussed as a first round pick in several I reviewed and the others have him in the mid-20s.

Scouting reports describe a guy who can do things we need at the 4 - height, perimeter shooting and above the rim lob play. But his three ball could be an anomaly (one good year only so far) and all of the reports describe him as an absolutely useless defender with zero offense other than the lobs and 3s.

If all of that is accurate, that would be a waste of the 11th pick. But maybe it’s not accurate? The videos I watched were not detailed enough to tell, but the guy is certainly an NBA athlete and his shooting form is good.

At 11 so many different things can happen that instead of just hoping a top 5 talent falls to 11 aka Ron Holland some are at the other end projecting a late teen guy guy rises to 11 aka da Silva or Smith..
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#790 » by DuckIII » Sat May 25, 2024 3:25 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
At 11 so many different things can happen that instead of just hoping a top 5 talent falls to 11 aka Ron Holland some are at the other end projecting a late teen guy guy rises to 11 aka da Silva or Smith..

It’s all over the place. Just this morning I read two mainstream mocks that had Salaun going 6th and 18th. And he’s one of many huge wildcards.

Part of the reason I find this draft so interesting is because our roster is so horribly and illogically constructed that I can see 10-20 guys who would help balance that out if they translate.

I’m all in on adding picks at a low cost in this draft to get an extra young role player or two.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#791 » by Jcool0 » Sat May 25, 2024 3:46 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

It’s all over the place. Just this morning I read two mainstream mocks that had Salaun going 6th and 18th. And he’s one of many huge wildcards.

Part of the reason I find this draft so interesting is because our roster is so horribly and illogically constructed that I can see 10-20 guys who would help balance that out if they translate.

I’m all in on adding picks at a low cost in this draft to get an extra young role player or two.

Depends what the source is for these mocks. Random reddit poster giving his mock doesn't have the same value as ESPN doing a mock.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,443

Post#792 » by jump » Sat May 25, 2024 3:52 pm

If Knecht turns out to be as good as Bojan Bogdanovic, would that be a great pick at 11? That's who Knecht makes me think of. I'd be happy with that.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 650

Post#793 » by Almost Retired » Sat May 25, 2024 5:44 pm

jump wrote:If Knecht turns out to be as good as Bojan Bogdanovic, would that be a great pick at 11? That's who Knecht makes me think of. I'd be happy with that.

Knecht can shoot. Quick release. I think his game will translate. He'd be my first choice if he's still on the board. Can't have enough shooters. I don't care that he's a little older. It might mean we don't have tp G-League him or have him glued to the bench for 2 or 3 years.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#794 » by Jcool0 » Sat May 25, 2024 6:23 pm

jump wrote:If Knecht turns out to be as good as Bojan Bogdanovic, would that be a great pick at 11? That's who Knecht makes me think of. I'd be happy with that.

Right now I'd probably go 1A. Holland (his upside is top 15 player) and 1B. Knect (A 15 ppg scorer with 20 ppg upside).
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#795 » by DuckIII » Sat May 25, 2024 7:15 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Depends what the source is for these mocks. Random reddit poster giving his mock doesn't have the same value as ESPN doing a mock.

I specifically said mainstream mocks, but yes.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,293

Post#796 » by Jvaughn » Sat May 25, 2024 8:26 pm

Almost Retired wrote:

Knecht can shoot. Quick release. I think his game will translate. He'd be my first choice if he's still on the board. Can't have enough shooters. I don't care that he's a little older. It might mean we don't have tp G-League him or have him glued to the bench for 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, definitely like Knecht. He's way more athletic than Bojan too. Would love for hik to drop, but i yhink its more likely he jumps to top 5 after workouts.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Rose2Boozer
Starter

Post#797 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat May 25, 2024 9:40 pm

Knecht is interesting, I go back and forth on him. Knecht's scoring will translate or was his scoring a result of a 23 year old cooking teenagers. I believe in his shooting and ability to space, but the rest of his offensive game translating is interesting. I want to see him go somewhere that's not expecting the production of Tennessee Dalton Knecht.

As pro prospects, what's the difference between Dalton Knecht(Tennessee) and Jaylon Tyson(California)?
ROLES & HOLES
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,386

Post#798 » by Chi town » Sun May 26, 2024 5:46 am

Jcool0 wrote:

Right now I'd probably go 1A. Holland (his upside is top 15 player) and 1B. Knect (A 15 ppg scorer with 20 ppg upside).

That exactly where I’m at but I expect both to be gone at 11. So TDS is my guy. I’d trade back for him if possible but I think workout will move into lottery
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#799 » by Jcool0 » Sun May 26, 2024 1:21 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:

Knecht is interesting, I go back and forth on him. Knecht's scoring will translate or was his scoring a result of a 23 year old cooking teenagers. I believe in his shooting and ability to space, but the rest of his offensive game translating is interesting. I want to see him go somewhere that's not expecting the production of Tennessee Dalton Knecht.

As pro prospects, what's the difference between Dalton Knecht(Tennessee) and Jaylon Tyson(California)?

Knecht pretty much put up the same numbers at a junior college then at a small D1 school and an big time D1 school. It show no matter where he plays he can put up numbers. For Jaylon Tyson he only has really one year of good play to go off of. So he isn't so much a sure thing. I also think Knecht is a better athlete then Tyson. Tyson seems more like a below the rim guy kind of like Coby White.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 650

Post#800 » by Almost Retired » Sun May 26, 2024 1:29 pm

If Knecht is gone I go back to Filipowski. He's not going to be a star but maybe he could be a Mortiz Wagner level of contributor. Wagner is stronger but Filipowski will fill out a bit more and add strength. He can shoot well enough and his passing game is above average.

Return to Chicago Bulls