Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA VII: Playoff Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Around The NBA VII: Playoff Edition 

Post#81 » by TheStig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
TheStig wrote:Did I mention I'm happy we aren't playing the Net's. Because I really am.

Why? They're totally beatable. Toronto is struggling with them right now, but they're inexperienced. Jo and Taj would murder Brooklyn's front-line.

I disagree, I think they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East. I don't think Jo and Taj would murder them either. I think they are a sleeper and will really push the Heat in the next round.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#82 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 pm

D-Will feeling it
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#83 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:32 pm

As long as events need music to get hype, Pitball and Flo Rider will forever have a job.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#84 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Payt10 wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:The Raptors became cool since Drake became their unofficial spokesperson lol. "We the North". I'm sure he was behind that

That guy is a fan of every team that's good.

Well he's from Toronto
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#85 » by jax98 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 pm

TheStig wrote:I disagree, I think they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East. I don't think Jo and Taj would murder them either. I think they are a sleeper and will really push the Heat in the next round.

Not seeing it. 14th best offense, 10th worst defense, old legs, shaky-at-best coaching and lack of discipline. I don't see who could stop Jo and Taj on the glass (they're horrible rebounders) or beat Chicago's switches.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#86 » by Payt10 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
Payt10 wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:The Raptors became cool since Drake became their unofficial spokesperson lol. "We the North". I'm sure he was behind that

That guy is a fan of every team that's good.

Well he's from Toronto

As soon as the Raptors are out he'll be at every Heat game. He is an annoying groupie.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#87 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Alan Anderson is a stud
TheStig
RealGM

Post#88 » by TheStig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
TheStig wrote:I disagree, I think they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East. I don't think Jo and Taj would murder them either. I think they are a sleeper and will really push the Heat in the next round.

Not seeing it. 14th best offense, 10th worst defense, old legs, shaky-at-best coaching and lack of discipline. I don't see who could stop Jo and Taj on the glass (they're horrible rebounders) or beat Chicago's switches.

They are very long and their defense improved after the start of 2014. I also think PP would get Taj and Boozer in foul trouble. They stretch the floor and their long length and defense would cause problems for our bad offense. I also don't think we have that playoff gear like they do.
kulps19
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#89 » by kulps19 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:42 pm

That discussion about Kidd for coach of the year was laughable. So a team that was expected to challenge for the number one seed and wins less games then last year with more talent deserves coach of the year? Lol that was a joke.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#90 » by Payt10 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Valanciunas has some really terrible hands.
Hahn
Rookie
And1: 426

Post#91 » by Hahn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Wow Salmons is so bad..
jax98
RealGM

Post#92 » by jax98 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:48 pm

TheStig wrote:They are very long and their defense improved after the start of 2014. I also think PP would get Taj and Boozer in foul trouble. They stretch the floor and their long length and defense would cause problems for our bad offense. I also don't think we have that playoff gear like they do.

Their defensive improvement was marginal though. They won a nice chunk of close games, which they deserve credit for, but it doesn't represent their nature. Paul isn't really Paul anymore. Dude was a 4.1 FTA guy this season, and Noah is sublime in not fouling.

Agreed about their stretching, but given that the Bulls are one of the best teams in the league at defending the three-ball, I don't foresee that being an issue.

And what gear exactly? The one Pierce and Garnett had in Boston? Because so far, we have no idea if Brooklyn has a playoff gear. They didn't last year. So far, I haven't seen it today either.

They deserve some level of respect, sure. But I would looove to face them.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#93 » by TheStig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:51 pm

These technicals are a bit crazy. Sorry, this is the playoffs.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#94 » by chifan1798 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Derozan and Ross with no FG's made, and Nets only up by 5? If I were Brooklyn, I wouldn't be satisfied with that
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#95 » by Payt10 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Weird game. Feels like the Nets should be winning by 15. Brooklyn is getting killed on the glass and on the FT line. Difference in the game so far.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,385

Post#96 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Toronto definitely needs this game. Nets played better then them in the first half and I don't even think they played all that great. Toronto will need to step up their game to come out ahead.
The Cult of Personality
TheStig
RealGM

Post#97 » by TheStig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
TheStig wrote:They are very long and their defense improved after the start of 2014. I also think PP would get Taj and Boozer in foul trouble. They stretch the floor and their long length and defense would cause problems for our bad offense. I also don't think we have that playoff gear like they do.

Their defensive improvement was marginal though. They won a nice chunk of close games, which they deserve credit for, but it doesn't represent their nature. Paul isn't really Paul anymore. Dude was a 4.1 FTA guy this season, and Noah is sublime in not fouling.

Agreed about their stretching, but given that the Bulls are one of the best teams in the league at defending the three-ball, I don't foresee that being an issue.

And what gear exactly? The one Pierce and Garnett had in Boston? Because so far, we have no idea if Brooklyn has a playoff gear. They didn't last year. So far, I haven't seen it today either.

They deserve some level of respect, sure. But I would looove to face them.

IF you have Noah playing PP at the 3 pt line than your losing more than your gaining. Your essentially taking him out of the defense by having him stand in the corner and they will just play the pick and role with Taj's guy. They aren't an elite team but they do everything good.

Then your going to have them exploiting DJ and MDJ. They have enough offense players that they can take guys into the post and create at all spots.

They are a different team than last year. They got KG, PP and a healthy JJ. It also helps Dwill to play off the ball.

I'd rather play Washington, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta over them. To me, they are a team to avoid like us. I'm really happy with how the bracket broke for us.
jax98
RealGM

Post#98 » by jax98 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:05 pm

TheStig wrote:IF you have Noah playing PP at the 3 pt line than your losing more than your gaining. Your essentially taking him out of the defense by having him stand in the corner and they will just play the pick and role with Taj's guy. They aren't an elite team but they do everything good.

Then your going to have them exploiting DJ and MDJ. They have enough offense players that they can take guys into the post and create at all spots.

Eh? When did I suggest that'd be the plan?

I was referring to the drive as you were talking about PP being able to draw fouls. Why on earth would they stash Noah in the corner on him? That makes no sense.

They are a different team than last year. They got KG, PP and a healthy JJ. It also helps Dwill to play off the ball.

Different, yes. Better? Eh.

KG's on a major decline. Pierce is having the worst season of his career with no comparison and Johnson is more or less the only one holding the pieces together (along with Shaun Livingston).

I'd rather play Washington, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta over them. To me, they are a team to avoid like us. I'm really happy with how the bracket broke for us.

To each his own. I'm just saying there's nothing to fear with Brooklyn.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,131

Post#99 » by patryk7754 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm

this board will never give D-Will the respect he deserves
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#100 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm

patryk7754 wrote:this board will never give D-Will the respect he deserves

A lot of PGs won't simply because our star is one. The nature of the competitive beast.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax

Return to Chicago Bulls