Image ImageImage Image

If you were the FO, what would you do with the #4 pick?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

What would you do with the #4 pick?

1-trade up to get one of the top 3 (using Lavine, Lauri or Carter)
13%
2-trade down to pick up multiple assets (example-to NY for the #8 and the 2021 Dallas pick)
24%
3-trade the pick for an established player (could involve one of our young core)
7%
4-Pick Deni
23%
5-Pick Hayes
18%
6-Pick Obi
1%
7-Pick Okongwu
2%
8-Pick Haliburton
4%
9-Pick Okoro
2%
10-other
4%

Total votes: 94

bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,127

Re: If you were the FO, what would you do with the #4 pick? 

Post#81 » by bledredwine » Fri Nov 6, 2020 12:33 am

I’d be happy drafting that center built like Ben Wallace who has defensive potential and dunks everything or taking a chance on any of the playmaking players. I forgot whom.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,445

Post#82 » by pipfan » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:58 am

Ball could easily fall to #4 now. I could see Detroit and NY calling
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#83 » by 2018C3 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 4:31 am

What would you do with the #4 pick?

Trade down to acquire additional assets in what is a uncertain draft, Or if the guy I wanted was available draft him strait out. This is not a draft I would trade up in.

Personally I like Wiseman. I agree he has bust potential, but I also think he is one of the few guys who could eventually become a star. "Stars make and break this league", I'd be happy to take the chance.

Keep in mind, Denver picked Michael Porter and Bol Bol in 2019. To me that seems like AK may be prone to take big risks, and may not have the mindset to simply fill a spot.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#84 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Nov 6, 2020 6:30 am

Ideally - trade back to 6 or 7 and adding a future 1st while still getting Hayes.

Zero interest in trading up, unless it's a 2006 4th pick and Victor Kryapa for 2nd pick type deal. The jump from 2 and 4 are the same tier in this draft. The hope is whoever of the "top 4" Edwards/Deni/Wiseman/Ball entices someone after the Cavs to want to jump the line.
cubd8
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#85 » by cubd8 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 5:50 am

I don't understand the logic of trading down from #4. In the NBA, you need stars. Assuming they don't trade up, I'd much rather stay there, and trust my process to get a future all-star rather than trade down 5 or 10 spots and a future pick. Chances are much lower they would add anything more than role payers.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,709

Post#86 » by sco » Sat Nov 7, 2020 2:07 pm

cubd8 wrote:I don't understand the logic of trading down from #4. In the NBA, you need stars. Assuming they don't trade up, I'd much rather stay there, and trust my process to get a future all-star rather than trade down 5 or 10 spots and a future pick. Chances are much lower they would add anything more than role payers.

Normally I would agree with you, but this draft, given the pandemic and no obvious stars, things are different IMO. I see the % chance of allstar/starter/rotation guy/bust (given the relative lack of information) as being the closest 1-8 as I can remember. And it's not that much different going all the way to #14 or so. So if you don't see much difference in moving down AND you can pick up another guy later in the 1st round, I think it's statistically a good move. For example, I think my chances of getting an allstar from Kira Lewis and Poku more than I do if I just took any of the top 4 guys.
:clap:
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#87 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Nov 7, 2020 2:10 pm

cubd8 wrote:I don't understand the logic of trading down from #4. In the NBA, you need stars. Assuming they don't trade up, I'd much rather stay there, and trust my process to get a future all-star rather than trade down 5 or 10 spots and a future pick. Chances are much lower they would add anything more than role payers.

Trading down makes sense when you are in another part of a rebuild mainly the part where you trying to unload contracts from your roster start over etc. We not in that spot and as I saw it the guys we could potentially get lower ceilings are about as high as the guys we already have here. What good is it to add more players with the potential of Denzel valentine Hutchinson satoransky and carter jr? All we would be doing is holding roster spots and adding salary. We need talent with high ceilings. Nothing is guaranteed but odds still are you are more likely to get a better talent higher in the draft.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,894

Post#88 » by Jcool0 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 4:05 pm

sco wrote:

Normally I would agree with you, but this draft, given the pandemic and no obvious stars, things are different IMO. I see the % chance of allstar/starter/rotation guy/bust (given the relative lack of information) as being the closest 1-8 as I can remember. And it's not that much different going all the way to #14 or so. So if you don't see much difference in moving down AND you can pick up another guy later in the 1st round, I think it's statistically a good move. For example, I think my chances of getting an allstar from Kira Lewis and Poku more than I do if I just took any of the top 4 guys.

But no one has any idea of how any of these picks will turn out. So you trust that you have the right front office to get the best player, which you are more likely to get at #4 then 7-8.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,709

Post#89 » by sco » Sat Nov 7, 2020 4:07 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
sco wrote:

But no one has any idea of how any of these picks will turn out. So you trust that you have the right front office to get the best player, which you are more likely to get at #4 then 7-8.

If they score guys almost identically, then I'd rather they wait. They might have someone scored much higher at 4, in which case I agree with you (as long as that guy isn't Ball or Deni - then I don't trust them).
:clap:
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#90 » by Wingy » Sun Nov 8, 2020 3:27 pm

I’d start drinking in the depression that I got the pick in this awful, awful, awful draft.
CashConsider
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#91 » by CashConsider » Mon Nov 9, 2020 8:07 pm

I really like Hayes. I know that there is work to do with him, but I feel like he's got such potential. And he fits the most needy position we have.

I am all for a trade, but I feel like this is the path for us.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#92 » by petebraun0 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:13 am

CashConsider wrote:I really like Hayes. I know that there is work to do with him, but I feel like he's got such potential. And he fits the most needy position we have.

I am all for a trade, but I feel like this is the path for us.

The guy on fox sports, Adam Amin I think, loves Hayes. Hayes is a true student of the game and has a lot of pro experience.
He can run our offense.

Return to Chicago Bulls