Image ImageImage Image

I'm not sure what direction this team is headed in.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Re: I'm not sure what direction this team is headed in. 

Post#81 » by the ultimates » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:43 am

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:
Chi town wrote:Sink or swim with the young guys. If they play well you make moves around your new core that fits what AK wants to do.

Really simple.

Yeah you're right it is simple. We didn't need to hire a new front office for that lol. There's no new core. Its the same core. But you're right its very simple. As simple as not doing anything. I take it back, we let Dunn go and brought in Temple. Ok sink or swim guys our job is done!

I just hope they aren't done ok. There's no player on this team we haven't seen enough of to throw away a season to double check his talents. I'm not asking for the world I'm just asking for a heartbeat.

What would you have wanted them to do? Which positions and players would you want them to target? To essentially say they are wrong for wanting to watch and evaluate these players with their own eyes and under a new coach is baffling.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,079

Post#82 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:46 am

Chi town wrote:Sink or swim with the young guys. If they play well you make moves around your new core that fits what AK wants to do.

Really simple.

Yeah you're right it is simple. We didn't need to hire a new front office for that lol. There's no new core. Its the same core. But you're right its very simple. As simple as not doing anything. I take it back, we let Dunn go and brought in Temple. Ok sink or swim guys our job is done!

I just hope they aren't done ok. There's no player on this team we haven't seen enough of to throw away a season to double check his talents. I'm not asking for the world I'm just asking for a heartbeat.

They will do their work at the deadline. They are playing the long game to build a winning culture. Not a couple quick fixes.

I’d love to know what it is you want them to
Magically do that would make you feel like they are worthy of praise? Who are these players we can sign? Who are these great players we can trade for with our guys that have no value?
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075

Post#83 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:48 am

the ultimates wrote:

Really simple.

What would you have wanted them to do? Which positions and players would you want them to target? To essentially say they are wrong for wanting to watch and evaluate these players with their own eyes and under a new coach is baffling.

Whats baffling is fans of this team being ok with them needing to evaluate them under a new coach and not improving the roster.

I'm not the GM, I'm not going to sit here and research all the moves we could make, thats what they get paid for. I just want any hint that they want to improve this team. I have seen enough of the players we have to know we need to make moves to improve. Even just take out the trash and collect some future assets and I'll be ok with that. Just do something to improve the team, thats their job. I'm just a fan with an opinion, right or wrong.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:50 am

Chi town wrote:

Really simple.

They will do their work at the deadline. They are playing the long game to build a winning culture. Not a couple quick fixes.

I’d love to know what it is you want them to
Magically do that would make you feel like they are worthy of praise? Who are these players we can sign? Who are these great players we can trade for with our guys that have no value?

I want them to put a good product on the floor period. Bringing the same roster doesn't get that done. I want to believe that the coach is going to work miracles too trust me but lets be real.
the ultimates
Analyst

Post#85 » by the ultimates » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:14 am

the ultimates wrote:

Whats baffling is fans of this team being ok with them needing to evaluate them under a new coach and not improving the roster.

I'm not the GM, I'm not going to sit here and research all the moves we could make, thats what they get paid for. I just want any hint that they want to improve this team. I have seen enough of the players we have to know we need to make moves to improve. Even just take out the trash and collect some future assets and I'll be ok with that. Just do something to improve the team, thats their job. I'm just a fan with an opinion, right or wrong.

No, it's not. You don't think a new coach and new gm should have the right to evaluate a roster? You want them to make moves because of how you feel and what your opinion of the roster is not their own. You can have and voice your opinion that doesn't make it sensible or logical.

You can't say they get paid to research all the moves they could make because that includes evaluating the roster, which is something that apparently you don't think they should have the time to do.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:18 am

the ultimates wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

No, it's not. You don't think a new coach and new gm should have the right to evaluate a roster? You want them to make moves because of how you feel and what your opinion of the roster is not their own. You can have and voice your opinion that doesn't make it sensible or logical.

You can't say they get paid to research all the moves they could make because that includes evaluating the roster, which is something that apparently you don't think they should have the time to do.

Sure they have a right but you don't have to waste a season to evaluate players that have been in the league for multiple seasons already. They are of the product of the last front office that was fired. I'm not asking them to turn over the roster. I'm asking them to improve it. I don't think thats too much to ask for as a fan. It is baffling to me that people are ok to roll out the same roster so say its not all you want but it is. To me. So yes, it is.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#87 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:24 am

the ultimates wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

So good to read some non emotional common sense in 2020!

All of us want to see results right a way but we need to be realistic. EVs said day one he was blown away GarPax only had one player development coach. AK Evs have hired 4 and BillyD their HC. To think you wouldn’t want time at the very least 3 months till the deadline to see how these guys work and grow... doesn’t make any sense to me.

There are things we can see regardless of the coach. Boylen was a big problem though too. Lauri never shooting midrange and WCJ not looking at the basket when the year before both looked so much better. Analytics meant layups and 3s which disrupted the flow of the offense and made both bigs look awkward and awful. Both have flashes quite a bit two years ago though.

I’m good sitting out crazy FA where Gordon Hayward gets 4/120 and Grant gets 3/60. Sometimes the best deal is the deal you don’t do. GarPax would have wasted cap on players like Gallo or trading for Rubio only to try and squeak into the playoffs. AK wants to contend. He is going to see what he has and then made deals. I expect Coby Zach and PW as the only guys that will still be year in two years.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:44 am

Chi town wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

All of us want to see results right a way but we need to be realistic. EVs said day one he was blown away GarPax only had one player development coach. AK Evs have hired 4 and BillyD their HC. To think you wouldn’t want time at the very least 3 months till the deadline to see how these guys work and grow... doesn’t make any sense to me.

There are things we can see regardless of the coach. Boylen was a big problem though too. Lauri never shooting midrange and WCJ not looking at the basket when the year before both looked so much better. Analytics meant layups and 3s which disrupted the flow of the offense and made both bigs look awkward and awful. Both have flashes quite a bit two years ago though.

I’m good sitting out crazy FA where Gordon Hayward gets 4/120 and Grant gets 3/60. Sometimes the best deal is the deal you don’t do. GarPax would have wasted cap on players like Gallo or trading for Rubio only to try and squeak into the playoffs. AK wants to contend. He is going to see what he has and then made deals. I expect Coby Zach and PW as the only guys that will still be year in two years.

Is that a jab at me? Oh im an emotional fan. I dont take offense to that so its ok.

Oh I don't have common sense? Actually I do have common sense. And you guys keep stating what is just common sense and just repeating it. And its not good enough for me. Its not acceptable for this emotional Bulls fan. I'm tired of waiting. I just had higher hopes from this front office than just sitting on their hands further evaluating a losing roster. How is that hard to understand and why is that so bad?
the ultimates
Analyst

Post#89 » by the ultimates » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:46 am

the ultimates wrote:

Sure they have a right but you don't have to waste a season to evaluate players that have been in the league for multiple seasons already. They are of the product of the last front office that was fired. I'm not asking them to turn over the roster. I'm asking them to improve it. I don't think thats too much to ask for as a fan. It is baffling to me that people are ok to roll out the same roster so say its not all you want but it is. To me. So yes, it is.

No, it isn't. You didn't want to say which players or positions they should target you said it's their job. Once again in order to make the roster better, you have to evaluate the players in the environment you put them in. Coaches and gm's don't go in with hardline views on players. That's not the right way to improve a roster.

You want them to sign a middling free agent that would improve the roster right? You want them to make a trade despite you being down on the talent so that brings back another middling upgrade at best right? So in your scenario moves have been made the rosters improved but you haven't moved the needle significantly. Hell, that's what Garpax did with the OPJ trade, that's what they did with Young and Sato. No superstar is being brought in so the best bet is to take a look at the young players and see how they improve in a better-coached situation.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#90 » by Chi town » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:57 am

Chi town wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

Is that a jab at me? Oh im an emotional fan. I dont take offense to that so its ok.

Oh I don't have common sense? Actually I do have common sense. And you guys keep stating what is just common sense and just repeating it. And its not good enough for me. Its not acceptable for this emotional Bulls fan. I'm tired of waiting. I just had higher hopes from this front office than just sitting on their hands further evaluating a losing roster. How is that hard to understand and why is that so bad?

Love your passion!
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 am

the ultimates wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

No, it isn't. You didn't want to say which players or positions they should target you said it's their job. Once again in order to make the roster better, you have to evaluate the players in the environment you put them in. Coaches and gm's don't go in with hardline views on players. That's not the right way to improve a roster.

You want them to sign a middling free agent that would improve the roster right? You want them to make a trade despite you being down on the talent so that brings back another middling upgrade at best right? So in your scenario moves have been made the rosters improved but you haven't moved the needle significantly. Hell, that's what Garpax did with the OPJ trade, that's what they did with Young and Sato. No superstar is being brought in so the best bet is to take a look at the young players and see how they improve in a better-coached situation.

I'm not going to get into a childish back & forth about MY opinion. But what you're saying is GarPax did a better job? Would everyone have been ok if Garpax sat on their hands with the same roster and only having signed a new coach? I know where my bets would go.

I'm just not buying this evaluate players for this season garbage.
the ultimates
Analyst

Post#92 » by the ultimates » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:14 am

the ultimates wrote:

I'm not going to get into a childish back & forth about MY opinion. But what you're saying is GarPax did a better job? Would everyone have been ok if Garpax sat on their hands with the same roster and only having signed a new coach? I know where my bets would go.

You entitled to your opinion that doesn't make it sensible or logical as I said before. You even admitted in a previous post you're coming at this from an emotional perspective which is fine. That's not the perspective needed from the coach and gm. I don't know how you think in any way I implied Garpax did a better job. Garpax did exactly what you want AK to do make moves that don't really move the needle. Why because it's about the young players and seeing how they possibly develop with better coaching. You just want them to make moves for the sake of it.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:19 am

the ultimates wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

You entitled to your opinion that doesn't make it sensible or logical as I said before. You even admitted in a previous post you're coming at this from an emotional perspective which is fine. That's not the perspective needed from the coach and gm. I don't know how you think in any way I implied Garpax did a better job. Garpax did exactly what you want AK to do make moves that don't really move the needle. Why because it's about the young players and seeing how they possibly develop with better coaching. You just want them to make moves for the sake of it.

Omg just stop. I'm not asking them to be emotional. And no I don't want them to make moves for the sake of it. I want them to improve a bad team not roll out the same team to make sure they are bad. Its fine, we disagree.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#94 » by Southpaw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:48 am

What realistic trades / FA signing that would've clearly improved the team are out there? I don't want another Young/Satoransky situation where we sign win now vet players for multiple years, medium sized deals that would just eat at our 2021 cap space.

I get wanting to see improvement immediately but it's unrealistic at this point because our young payers have so much question marks around them after playing under Boylen for 2 seasons. I'm guessing other teams are low balling the Bulls on offers thinking they can rehabilitate our young players under their system. That's why the wait and see approach is cool to me.If we're still trotting out the same core/lineup next season, then I'd agree that it's time to complain.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,583

Post#95 » by fleet » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:06 am

the ultimates wrote:

A couple of these players have to rehab some value before the deadline. Probably a mixture of evaluating, rehabbing and biding time until the deadline where teams are desperate for their boost into the playoffs. Lavine we're not sure how they feel. But the Bulls would be asking a great deal to move him on his team friendly contract, and would be waiting for the right offer rather than the lowballs they must be getting at this point.

AK said they will be picky with additions too. Theres not a lot out there that dovetails with their team development plans.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 am

Southpaw wrote:What realistic trades / FA signing that would've clearly improved the team are out there? I don't want another Young/Satoransky situation where we sign win now vet players for multiple years, medium sized deals that would just eat at our 2021 cap space.

I get wanting to see improvement immediately but it's unrealistic at this point because our young payers have so much question marks around them after playing under Boylen for 2 seasons. I'm guessing other teams are low balling the Bulls on offers thinking they can rehabilitate our young players under their system. That's why the wait and see approach is cool to me.If we're still trotting out the same core/lineup next season, then I'd agree that it's time to complain.

How the hell do I know what trades or free agents are realistic for this team? I'm not on the phones with other GM's and player agents. Stop coming at me with that question because its not realistic. Thats not my job, I'm a fan. I watch the team and hope for success. All I'm doing is hoping for us to get better and not doing anything is not getting better. I'm not pushing for anything specific or expecting a total overhaul. I actually like many of the players on the team. I'm just disappointed in the front office not already having a vision for this team if they really need to see and evaluate these players still. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I think I'm more upset that some of you fans are ok with it over the actual inactivity itself. :crazy:
detlef_schrempf
Junior
And1: 489

Post#97 » by detlef_schrempf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:22 am

the ultimates wrote:

What’s baffling is your inability to see that AK had made amazing moves in the past with his old team and clearly wants to analyze his roster under a REAL coach. Jim Boylen is a clown. The past regime is a joke for putting Boylen in that role. The worst coach I’ve ever seen. You can NOT trust any of the production of the players under that joke of a strategy with that awful leadership. After AK gets a grip on that he will make moves accordingly.

You don’t just make moves for the sake of making moves. There are ZERO free agents available this year that I want them to sign to anything more than a one year deal. There are ZERO players I want the Bulls to sell low on without seeing them under a real coach and a real leader. The only player I’d be okay with dealing for the right haul is Lavine but even he deserves a shot under a real coach and he is also on an amazing value contract that the Bulls can trade for something at the deadline if they see fit.

Everything AK has NOT done is what gives me hope that we are finally in the right direction.
DO THE DEW!
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,850

Post#98 » by Jcool0 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:24 am

Southpaw wrote:What realistic trades / FA signing that would've clearly improved the team are out there? I don't want another Young/Satoransky situation where we sign win now vet players for multiple years, medium sized deals that would just eat at our 2021 cap space.

How the hell do I know what trades or free agents are realistic for this team? I'm not on the phones with other GM's and player agents. Stop coming at me with that question because its not realistic. Thats not my job, I'm a fan. I watch the team and hope for success. All I'm doing is hoping for us to get better and not doing anything is not getting better. I'm not pushing for anything specific or expecting a total overhaul. I actually like many of the players on the team. I'm just disappointed in the front office not already having a vision for this team if they really need to see and evaluate these players still. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I think I'm more upset that some of you fans are ok with it over the actual inactivity itself. :crazy:

Sounds like you would still be pissed if the moves didn't live up to your expectations.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 am

detlef_schrempf wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

What’s baffling is your inability to see that AK had made amazing moves in the past with his old team and clearly wants to analyze his roster under a REAL coach. Jim Boylen is a clown. The past regime is a joke for putting Boylen in that role. The worst coach I’ve ever seen. You can NOT trust any of the production of the players under that joke of a strategy with that awful leadership. After AK gets a grip on that he will make moves accordingly.

You don’t just make moves for the sake of making moves. There are ZERO free agents available this year that I want them to sign to anything more than a one year deal. There are ZERO players I want the Bulls to sell low on without seeing them under a real coach and a real leader. The only player I’d be okay with dealing for the right haul is Lavine but even he deserves a shot under a real coach and he is also on an amazing value contract that the Bulls can trade for something at the deadline if they see fit.

Everything AK has NOT done is what gives me hope that we are finally in the right direction.

Really? You know for a fact that AK was the one that made all those amazing moves? Because that teams seems to be doing fine without him still. Nobody said to make moves for the sake of making moves so just stop saying that. There's improvements that can be made still while being able to analyze the proper players. I must have missed the day they passed out the kool aid.

Look im not against AKME, I'm very happy we got these guys but lets just calm down because they have a lot to prove to us still. And I wouldn't trade Lavine and never brought that up so not sure why you are coming at me with that. I just didn't expect the same team that GarPax built to be rolled out this coming season. Why is that so surprising?
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:30 am

Jcool0 wrote:

Sounds like you would still be pissed if the moves didn't live up to your expectations.

Where did it say I would be pissed?

Return to Chicago Bulls