Image ImageImage Image

PG: Streak Busters/ Welcome back, Alex

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Re: PG: Streak Busters/ Welcome back, Alex 

Post#81 » by umfan83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:09 am

RSP83 wrote:
umfan83 wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
I've said it in the Ayo thread. What makes it impossible for Ayo to become as good as Jrue Holiday? Jrue is an All-Star btw.

He can shoot, he can finish at the rim, he plays good defense, he brings energy, he can make plays and find open guys, he can create his own shot (though he hasn’t done it with volume yet), he can score tough points, he’s fearless, he has poise and swagger, he’s shown leadership qualities, he’s risen in the clutch.

I think the one of the weaknesses coming out of college was not elite athleticism but I don’t think that’s holding him back right now

Even if he can't do it with volume, it's still no issue. If he can be really efficient without having to hound for his own shot, and we still have our scoring machine in Derozan, Lavine, and Vuc... then we don't need him to create his own shot on a high volume anyway.

For sure. I’m just looking at it from a big picture career prognosis type of way
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#82 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:11 am

Having Ayo is why Bulls can survive not having Lonzo for a stretch here. Let him heal, and not rush back.

Will need him for the long run but especially with AC coming back I think they'll be fine.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,121

Post#83 » by jordanwilliams6 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:14 am

The Force. wrote:Ayo is playing stellar basketball. If he keeps this up the FO will have a tough decision to make next year when teams start throwing him the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I know money sometimes rules the NBA but there's some other factors with Ayo. He's a Chicago kid and it's clear that the Bulls run through his blood. The city & team clearly mean a lot to him. Add in the fact that every other team overlooked him in the draft other than the Bulls, I think he will want to repay the faith. As long as we don't completely disrespect him, I think he'll take a 4/32 sort of offer.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,927

Post#84 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:15 am

Ayo is what we hoped Kris Dunn would become.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#85 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:16 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Having Ayo is why Bulls can survive not having Lonzo for a stretch here. Let him heal, and not rush back.

Will need him for the long run but especially with AC coming back I think they'll be fine.

Agreed. And while I would never with injury on any player, sometimes these circumstances can be a blessing in disguise because it gives you that opportunity to really see what you have in other guys, which really illustrates the fabric of a team. It’s cool to have some star power. But to make deep playoff runs, you gotta have that depth and now, we will get a chance to test that out…with the guard rotation at least.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#86 » by erlim » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:17 am

Mk0 wrote:
Howling Mad wrote:Would Caruso turn the Lakers into a championship team. Thats an honest question.

Not sure but their rotations would be a hell of a lot better.

Way way less hilarious though. Competitive Bulls and sad dysfunctional Lakers is my favorite kind of NBA. Westbrooks high(low)light reels from this year are up there with good standup comedy.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#87 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:17 am

Ayo has the basketball IQ of a 10-year vet, and it seems like he's just about automatic on those corner threes.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#88 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 am

Man it feels good to be back in the W column. Welcome back AC, he just makes every game hanging in the balance feel so much more winnable with his grit.

Can't say enough about Ayo, absolute steal in the 2nd round. I like to relive Loyola's tournament win against U of I by subscribing to the theory that by bouncing them early they kept Ayo from a stock raising deep tournament showing, allowing the Bulls to snag him in the 2nd.

Fun to dream about a healthy bulls team having bench mob 2.0 led by AC, Cobe, and Ayo. One day.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#89 » by Clocian » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:23 am

Caruso impact is real. And that man Ayo...yeah he good
Damn I love Hip Hop!
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#90 » by HINrichPolice » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:42 am

Mr. Tibbs wrote:Man it feels good to be back in the W column. Welcome back AC, he just makes every game hanging in the balance feel so much more winnable with his grit.

Can't say enough about Ayo, absolute steal in the 2nd round. I like to relive Loyola's tournament win against U of I by subscribing to the theory that by bouncing them early they kept Ayo from a stock raising deep tournament showing, allowing the Bulls to snag him in the 2nd.

Fun to dream about a healthy bulls team having bench mob 2.0 led by AC, Cobe, and Ayo. One day.

As a U of I alum, I was pretty sad the day your Ramblers just controlled us from tip to buzzer.

But now I see that it was all part of the plan.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
HINrichPolice
General Manager

Post#91 » by HINrichPolice » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:45 am

1) Contenders find a way!

2) Really happy for Vuc. His corner 3 was cathartic. Not only did he have a good game, but it was against a vaunted Cavs frontline.

3) I think us playing without Zach for a bit could be good for us in the long run by giving these guys confidence down the line when they are needed. Troy Brown Jr. showing us something, Coby finding himself more and more, Matt Thomas becoming serviceable, Malcolm Hill could help in spot minutes.

4) Ayo Dosunmu is good at basketball.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,803

Post#92 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:45 am

Great to feel good about the team for a night after a very rough week.

Ayo and Coby are awesome.

Not to toot my own horn, but from the moment we drafted Ayo, I thought we had gotten potentially the steal of the draft. I didn't understand why he fell or why people weren't more excited. He was one the best players in college basketball. I didn't understand the talk of him being a defense-only player when he put up 20ppg on 56.6% TS and 39% from 3 last year. I just had a feeling.

Coby has been playing well for a month now. Let's hope he keeps it going.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#93 » by chifan1798 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 am

HoopsterJones wrote:I take full responsibility for this win. (J/k)

Good to get Caruso back. Vuc, Demar, Ayo, and Coby were great.

Now you have to make Friday’s thread!!
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#94 » by mack2354 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 am

I know I'm going to get killed but here goes nothing. Other than pushing the ball up court for easy fast break points and being longer what does Lonzo Ball do better than Ayo? It seems Ayo is Lonzo except more aggressive attacking the basket and finishing at the rim.

I know its the homer in me but the Bulls have the best collection of 6-7 and under players in the league. Lonzo, Lavine, DDR, Caruso, White, Green and Ayo is as good as it gets. If we go into the playoffs with a healthy P. Will and DDR we will be scary.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,423

Post#95 » by pipfan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 am

I was super excited a few years back, when we got Gafford in the 2nd round
Same this year with Ayo-of course, I had no idea he would be this good but 2nd round picks can be valuable
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#96 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:51 am

Cleveland has a good amount of young talent, but they need some other offensive creators. The entire offensive load basically sat on the shoulders of Garland the entire 2nd half. Tough weight for him to carry on his own long term.

Ayo is just amazing. I don't know what to make of the backcourt long term. He's basically Ball but a worse passer in transition, but a better finisher at the rim right now. He knows the right play to make 75% of the time. And he's been a pro for 40 games.

Coby also looks great, just a very different kind of great than Ayo. His ballhandling in traffic has looked fantastic, something that was his most troubling weakness other than defense. And his 3 point shot is quick and effective. Can't discount that.

Caruso had a big impact. Great defense, passing, and awareness.

I mentioned it a few days ago in the Vuc thread, and seemed like Stacey read my response. The pick and pops just have to hard stop with him. Period. Give him 8-10 touches in the post, and put him in the corner as he's hit a few of those corner threes now. But no more threes at the top of the key or the wing. Baseline only.

If this team had a big, defensive 4 who can hit a 3? Sky is the limit.

Was nice to see Zach on the bench pumping the guys up.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#97 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 am

OldSchoolNoBull wrote:Great to feel good about the team for a night after a very rough week.

Ayo and Coby are awesome.

Not to toot my own horn, but from the moment we drafted Ayo, I thought we had gotten potentially the steal of the draft. I didn't understand why he fell or why people weren't more excited. He was one the best players in college basketball. I didn't understand the talk of him being a defense-only player when he put up 20ppg on 56.6% TS and 39% from 3 last year. I just had a feeling.

Coby has been playing well for a month now. Let's hope he keeps it going.

I’m with you in that I don’t exactly understand how Ayo fell so far. I get it. He didn’t grade out as an elite athlete, nor was he considered an elite shooter. He also wasn’t the biggest or strongest player in the draft. But he wasn’t “bad” in any one area and in many respects was one of the most nba ready players if any of the scouts cared to pay attention. To me, it’s a perfect example of when teams and scouts fall in love with potential while ignoring demonstrated ability.
HINrichPolice
General Manager

Post#98 » by HINrichPolice » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:55 am

mack2354 wrote:I know I'm going to get killed but here goes nothing. Other than pushing the ball up court for easy fast break points and being longer what does Lonzo Ball do better than Ayo? It seems Ayo is Lonzo except more aggressive attacking the basket and finishing at the rim.

I know its the homer in me but the Bulls have the best collection of 6-7 and under players in the league. Lonzo, Lavine, DDR, Caruso, White, Green and Ayo is as good as it gets. If we go into the playoffs with a healthy P. Will and DDR we will be scary.

I think Lonzo being a non-threat from mid-range/in the paint really limits him.

Yes, he's already very good, but if he could reliably hit a pull-up jumper/floater from near the paint or have the ability to hit medium difficulty lay-ups, he'd be an all-star. His profile of a basketball player is pretty bizarre actually.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,520

Post#99 » by HoopsterJones » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 am

chifan1798 wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:I take full responsibility for this win. (J/k)

Good to get Caruso back. Vuc, Demar, Ayo, and Coby were great.

Now you have to make Friday’s thread!!

Guess I’ll have to let it ride fam.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#100 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:06 am

Man, Ayo is so good. If he fills out his frame more and polishes up that jumpshot, he’s a starter by year 3.

Return to Chicago Bulls