Image ImageImage Image

PG: Refs stun Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,363

Re: PG: Refs stun Bulls 

Post#81 » by Stratmaster » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:32 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:I don't understand the people complaining about Demar being the go-to guy in the clutch. He continuously makes big buckets in clutch moments. Not saying he's perfect and never misses or that someone like Coby is incapable of having the ball in crunch time, but the man's track record speaks for itself.

How many clutch buckets did he have last night alone?
I have no issue going to Demar for big shots at the end of games.

My issue is they usually start going to Demar ball with 8 minutes left in q4. They completely abandon what got them the lead, or got them back in a game, in the first place.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,808

Post#82 » by kodo » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:27 pm

It's not just Demar taking the shots in clutch, it's they don't even try anything else. At 109-110, Demar gets the ball from inbounds, Demar dribbles it, and Demar takes it. We don't even try to run a play.
https://thehighlow.io/video/ids?ids=24FshJ

It's fine to have a PG initiate an offense, run a P&R, attack with a drive, kickout, and if there's nothing wide open, give it to Demar he's the best at hitting contested shots. But we don't do any of that, we just immediately go into contested 2s. And we don't have the superstars like KD where the worst shot in the game is better than running team basketball.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,168

Post#83 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:41 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:I don't understand the people complaining about Demar being the go-to guy in the clutch. He continuously makes big buckets in clutch moments. Not saying he's perfect and never misses or that someone like Coby is incapable of having the ball in crunch time, but the man's track record speaks for itself.

How many clutch buckets did he have last night alone?
I have no issue going to Demar for big shots at the end of games.

My issue is they usually start going to Demar ball with 8 minutes left in q4. They completely abandon what got them the lead, or got them back in a game, in the first place.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Exactly. Demar is a great option towards the end of the games but when he becomes the only option, that's when things usually go pear shaped. Coby has proven to hit big shots time and time again in late game situations this year and when we do use him, we tend to win those games.

There is zero logic is giving the ball to Demar to ISO with 6 minutes left. Using BOTH Demar & Coby to leave the offense more unpredictable is the obvious answer.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,188

Post#84 » by BloodyQ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:12 am

Two things

1. I had no idea refs can take points away like that. I thought they can only review the original call, which was the shooting foul? But they can change that to an offensive foul and take the 2 points away? OK man.....get the **** up outta here with that garbage. Wow...I bet Billy D loved that too, you know he loves screwing his own team over when it comes to challenges.

2. Coby can go 15-15 from the field and have 45 points and BIlly would STILL go to Demar in crunch time....I swear man....**** that guy....get rid of him I swear.

Return to Chicago Bulls