Image ImageImage Image

PG: Carolina Coby

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,363

Re: PG: Carolina Coby 

Post#81 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:39 am

Ice Man wrote:Game balls to Coby and Billy. Coby because well, you know why. And Billy because if the Bulls lose a halftime lead it's his fault but if they come back from a halftime deficit nobody remembers. But me.
Fair enough. Tied after 3 quarters and the Bulls beat a horrible team by 7 points. Give Billy a game ball.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 503

Post#82 » by chitowndish » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:40 am

Didn't watch a lot of the early game but I like how he had Coby bringing the ball up in the 4th it looked really good and I hope we do that going forward DDR just gets tunnel vision too much. Also glad to hear that Vuc had 16 points in the paint, I didn't see most of the game so he could have played bad but I like that he's going away from the 3 because they don't even respect the shot.

Again I feel like Coby is just becoming elite attacking the basket he's really creative getting a shot off through traffic and has good body control and ability to finish through contact. Even if his shot isn't falling it feels like he can get to the basket and get shots off whenever he wants.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,465

Re: Bulls @ Hornets 6pm CT 

Post#83 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:45 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Easy. We now have the formula for winning. Coby just has to score 34 on 50%-plus from the field

If Zach scored 34 with a win, would you have said the same thing ? Doesnt make sense, of course you need at least one player to go off it definitely helps.

The rest of the starters didn’t have 2 points they all scored double figures including Vuc with 22 and Demar with 15.
Zach didn't play.

The Bulls played horribly until q4. If not for Coby being super Coby they don't win that game.

Is there something you disagree with there or that bugs you about me acknowledging that?

You have a strong Zach agenda. I typically agree with but not this year at all.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,868

Post#84 » by DuckIII » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:47 am

Jesus, the vibes in here are bizarre.

Great games by Coby and Ayo.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,961

Post#85 » by sco » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:51 am

Despite it being a depleted CHA team, I had this as a Bulls L after last night. Our guys looked gassed again. So gutty win.

Coby played great. Total nitpick on a superb game, but he needs to learn when it's better to keep it (he err's on the side of passing) because passing to guys like Taylor in the corner or Vuc at the top of the arc isn't doing anybody any favors.

Caruso was awesome. Just a joy to watch. We'll never get fair value for this dude.

Ayo was so tired he must of have thought he was playing at home because he had a rare good road game. Ayo frustrates the crap out of me. He just goes through these stints where he's passive, but when he attacks the paint, it changes his whole mindset - he gets his defense going, he starts making 3's, but it needs to start with attacking the paint. It would be so great if he could just stay consistent. I know some of it is being relegated to a bench role, but man, if he could just gain that consistency.

Demar looks pooped.

Vuc looks like poop.
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#86 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:55 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
madvillian wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:It seems the injuries are finally catching up to the team.

We (don't) have enough.

Its just irritating that we have no diversity. You look at the Knicks, they have Michell Robinson, backed by Hartenstein, and then still have Jericho Sims are a 3rd energy backup. They value bigs so they still make a deal for Precious Achiuwa. And even still they grab Taj on a 10 day, just sure it up.

I think we might have the least bigs on an NBA roster. Im not even talking centers. Just players taller than 6-10. We have a total of 2.

I have been screaming this for years only to be met with “pOsitIonLesS basketball” nonsense. Size still matters outside of Chicago.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#87 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:57 am

DuckIII wrote:Jesus, the vibes in here are bizarre.

We look like one of the worst teams in the NBA again. What vibes would you expect? And interest is dropping off a cliff again. I’ve definitely stopped wasting my time watching them again. Back to reality of having no future.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,465

Post#88 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 2:59 am

sco wrote:
Demar looks pooped.

Vuc looks like poop.

Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,722

Post#89 » by BullChit » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:13 am

Coby has been amazing this year but I am equally enjoying watching Ayo do his thing.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 467

Post#90 » by greenwing » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:14 am

The question is can you have Coby and Ayo as your backcourt on a contending team? They are certainly starting to play like a solid backcourt. But they ideally need a reliable scorer in the front court to do damage and the Bulls don’t have that right now.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 467

Post#91 » by greenwing » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:17 am

BullChit wrote:Coby has been amazing this year but I am equally enjoying watching Ayo do his thing.

It’s interesting given how contract friendly both guys are on the books the Bulls technically have a small window to build a scary contender with their elevated level of play. Problem is that it would require tearing down the rest of the roster’s larger contracts and trying to convince a star player to come here. I think the best available fit with them this offseason would be Siakam but I doubt he leaves Indy after they traded for him.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 29,035

Post#92 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:35 am

DuckIII wrote:Jesus, the vibes in here are bizarre.

Agreed. We're not a contender, so we're not going to win every game. We're also not going to blow everyone out, especially when we're missing like 4-5 key players. But we've won 18 of our last 30 games, are winning games normally with 6-7 guys in double figures, are regularly passing the ball beautifully, and are only 2.5 games out of 7th place with the two teams ahead of us free-falling.

There's a lot to be annoyed about, but the product on the floor has been significantly better in the last few months and I think it's worth enjoying.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,371

Post#93 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:38 am

The half time crew said it, but Coby and Ayo are running at the fast pace we want, and nobody else is (cough: Vuc and Demar).

I appreciate Demar taking so few FGs (seriously).

But man, it’s frustrating to see such a small team slowed down by the slowest C in the league.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 29,035

Post#94 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:38 am

greenwing wrote:The question is can you have Coby and Ayo as your backcourt on a contending team? They are certainly starting to play like a solid backcourt. But they ideally need a reliable scorer in the front court to do damage and the Bulls don’t have that right now.

They have really great synergy. Ayo reminds me a bit of a poor man's Joe Dumars, and while Coby is nothing like Isiah Thomas I think that's a backcourt comp that kind of makes sense.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,363

Post#95 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:28 am

Hangtime84 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Red8911 wrote:If Zach scored 34 with a win, would you have said the same thing ? Doesnt make sense, of course you need at least one player to go off it definitely helps.

The rest of the starters didn’t have 2 points they all scored double figures including Vuc with 22 and Demar with 15.
Zach didn't play.

The Bulls played horribly until q4. If not for Coby being super Coby they don't win that game.

Is there something you disagree with there or that bugs you about me acknowledging that?

You have a strong Zach agenda. I typically agree with but not this year at all.
Which has nothing to do with my post

Return to Chicago Bulls