Image ImageImage Image

Edited: Noah argued with Ben Wallace in lockeroom

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , Michael Jackson, DASMACKDOWN, dougthonus, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, fleet

Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#81 » by Rerisen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Shinky wrote:From what it sounded like to me, McGraw's "source" was Sam Smith!

No because Smith wrote:

One witness said Luol Deng had to step between them to ease the tension.

So who was Smith's source then, McGraw? Pretty bizarre conspiracy to believe they concocted. Someone saw something. Smoke -> Fire type deal.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,863

Post#82 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:58 pm

will wrote:Ben Wallace mailed it in as soon as he got his big contract. Can't really blame him though.

I sure the **** can.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#83 » by NLK » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Someone put Ben Wallace in a institutional facility where all that goes on there is Calculus, Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis, and Digital Signal Processing problem solving all day! See if he can deal with that!

I can see it now:
Wallace the student, and Joakim Noah the motivational speaker.
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#84 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 pm

If we can solve the Ben situation (by getting rid of him) 90% of the Bulls problems would be taken care of
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
moonrod
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#85 » by moonrod » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:06 pm

TB#1 wrote:Don't you wonder exactly what was said between Noah and Wallace?

I bet (hope) it was Noah saying something like:

"I **** get **** suspended because I blow my **** top because I'm **** frustrated by our **** not winning enough **** games and you, Mr **** 4 time **** DPOY are **** sitting on the **** bench **** tuning out the **** game and **** LAUGHING when we are **** getting our ***es kicked? And the rest of these **** Paxson "good character guys" are half-***ing the **** season away? Nobody on this **** team gives a **** and I'm the bad guy who gets **** suspended? Well **** you, Big, Bad Team Leader."

This is pretty much how I would have felt if I had been Noah, had just gotten suspended for letting his frustrations get the better of him, and then seeing players laughing it up on the bench while your ass is being handed to you in a basket. I do hope that Noah realizes that if he wants to be a leader, he can't just talk the talk. That means you show up on time, you bust your butt to make sure you know where your supposed to be on the floor, and you continue to learn to control your emotions in certain situations.

I believe there was another poster who mentioned that none of our current "core" guys have stepped up to take that leadership role on the team. I just don't see anyone besides Noah having that type of personality.

This is one game in an already long season. Family fights/arguments are going to happen. I do feel there is a small amount of resentment growing between the vets and the young players. I don't feel this would have been the case if we weren't so damn bad.
Que Pasa?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,635

Post#86 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 pm

bulls6 wrote:If we can solve the Ben situation (by getting rid of him) 90% of the Bulls problems would be taken care of

+1
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,115
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#87 » by Clint Eastwood » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Shinky wrote:I am hearing it was more than an argument. I am hearing it was a fist fight.

thats not possible since noah was on the score this morning and not in a casket.
richard
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#88 » by richard » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:15 pm

how the hell does the biggest radio idiot get so many big interviews? it doesn't make any sense.
HeavyC
Starter
And1: 8

Post#89 » by HeavyC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:19 pm

North had McGraw on as well. He had one source that he said "he thought he could trust", but didn't sound very confident in after North played him a few cuts of his interview with Noah.

They may have had a few words, but Sam Smith and McGraw have totally overblown this.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#90 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:19 pm

We probably won't find out exactly what happened because

TB#1 wrote:Noah learned his lesson about speaking from the heart to reporters. I don't think you will be getting unguarded responses from him any time in the forseeable future.

Wingy wrote: Think about how mad you will be if they ship out Noah and keep Ben Wallace.

well said. we know what Wallace has to offer - 4PPG and 8 REBS
the stats say Noah is averaging that in 1/3 the minutes
Gray is also outscoring them both in even less minutes.

That means plain and simple Ben Wallce -> YOU SUCK

sk33 wrote:Joakim Noah simply doesn't tolerate the loser attitude of the veterans and coaches of this team. Good for him. I hated the pick but now love it.

bulls6 wrote:I'd rather have someone who hates to lose than someone who "wants to win"

agreed

Instead of starting this in the media with a quote the kid is trying to do it in practice and the locker room.

compare that to what were hearing from Wallace which is not much.

it seems to me that what we've got here is a brash young rookie trying to be a leader. on a floundering team without a face the last few years - isn't this exactly what we need?

go Noah! :clap:
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#91 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Noah should be busy reading a playbook instead of arguing with Headband.

Glad he's showing some spunk though like expected. You can't push that kid over.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#92 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm ashamed to admit that I was excited about the Wallace signing when it happened.

Boy was I f*&^'ing wrong.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
TB#1
Banned User

Post#93 » by TB#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:26 pm

DuckIII wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've been traveling a lot the last 2 days and haven't been reading the papers. Where did you here that, TB? I'd like to read the article (if it was an article as opposed to a radio or TV report).

It is in one of the articles I posted, but I can't find it right now (sure would be nice if the search feature worked right). Maybe someone else will have better luck digging it up?

The report was that Ron Adams was yelling at Noah, saying something akin to knowing the proper position to be in is what will make us a winner and Noah snapped, screaming something to the effect of "don't m-f'ing talk to ME about m-fing winning, m-fer."

I wish I could at least remember which writer had that in the article -- it was from the Trib, Times or Herald, though. I'm pretty sure about that.

Can anyone help with the link?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,863

Post#94 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Granville Colter wrote:thats not possible since noah was on the score this morning and not in a casket.

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#95 » by suckfish » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:29 pm

You looking at me?

JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#96 » by JackFinn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:31 pm

TB#1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It is in one of the articles I posted, but I can't find it right now (sure would be nice if the search feature worked right). Maybe someone else will have better luck digging it up?

The report was that Ron Adams was yelling at Noah, saying something akin to knowing the proper position to be in is what will make us a winner and Noah snapped, screaming something to the effect of "don't m-f'ing talk to ME about m-fing winning, m-fer."

I wish I could at least remember which writer had that in the article -- it was from the Trib, Times or Herald, though. I'm pretty sure about that.

Can anyone help with the link?

I can help. Question, did you post the article as an opening post of a thread, or did you post it inside an existing thread?
TB#1
Banned User

Post#97 » by TB#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Intercom at the Berto Center: Ben Wallace...Ben Wallace...Please report to the front lobby. There is a Senator Mitchell here to see you. Paging Ben Wallace...
TB#1
Banned User

Post#98 » by TB#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm

jack finn wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can help. Question, did you post the article as an opening post of a thread, or did you post it inside an existing thread?

I believe it was in an existing thread.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#99 » by JackFinn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 pm

TB#1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I believe it was in an existing thread.

Oh crap. Ok, I'll give her a try.
NLK
Head Coach
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#100 » by NLK » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:37 pm

Ah ha! TB#1 has got the perfect solution! Call George Mitchell, and lets see if we can get Ben Wallace suspended for steroid use! BRILLIANT! :thumbsup:
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."

Return to Chicago Bulls