Image ImageImage Image

Realistic Hughes for expirings trade...

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Post#81 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Thu May 8, 2008 9:23 pm

I'd rather do something like Hughes for expiring and contract a year longer than anything that included giving up our pick. Something like Hughes for Mason and Gadzuric, or Hughes for Rose and Jefferies (we come out slightly ahead financially with the Bucks one, slightly behind with the Knicks, nominal either way though).
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#82 » by League Circles » Thu May 8, 2008 9:28 pm

Friend_Of_Haley wrote:I'd rather do something like Hughes for expiring and contract a year longer than anything that included giving up our pick. Something like Hughes for Mason and Gadzuric, or Hughes for Rose and Jefferies (we come out slightly ahead financially with the Bucks one, slightly behind with the Knicks, nominal either way though).

I somewhat agree. However, I don't think teams will do that for the most part. I don't think the Bucks make that trade, and I don't think the Knicks make that trade. The reality is that neither team really needs LH, especially the Bucks, and the most valuable players involved are Mason and Rose, due to their expiring status.

But in theory I agree with you, although I wouldn't trade for Jeffries.

If we can find a deal of LH for one good expiring and one player who is a backup big that won't complaion about not playing AND whose contract runs no longer than LH or at most through 2010, then I'd do it. I haven't found one yet that I thought the other team would do.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM

Post#83 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Thu May 8, 2008 10:11 pm

Or here's the best way to get rid of Hughes if it really gets that bad:
Offer him a buyout at 85% of his remaining contract. It saves us/ cuts him out of $4M over the two years. Not a big deal.

If he doesn't take that, flat out cut him. I believe after we cut him we owe him whatever he was owed less what he gets signed for in his next contract. He's not that bad that some team wont give him a couple million over two years. Essentially comes out the same.

Of course under that scenario, we lose the ability to use him as an expiring, so I'd at least give it a shot were we don't play him at all.
Social Lubrication
Head Coach
And1: 96

Post#84 » by Social Lubrication » Fri May 9, 2008 8:35 am

Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#85 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri May 9, 2008 8:42 am

I'd do SL's proposed trade
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#86 » by jax98 » Fri May 9, 2008 10:25 am

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:I'd do SL's proposed trade

Absolutely.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,462

Post#87 » by samwana » Fri May 9, 2008 11:01 am

sign me up too
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#88 » by DanTown8587 » Fri May 9, 2008 11:03 am

Would love to get that trade here, any chance it happens though?

EDIT: I don't like Ford all that much, but comparing him to Hughes is like me saying, "hey your current girlfriend, Roseanne, sucks. I can set you up on a date with that chick from Scrubs, you know the blonde? You in?"
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#89 » by StutterStep » Fri May 9, 2008 3:23 pm

Social Lubrication wrote:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=787948

Very good deal for both teams.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#90 » by Red Larrivee » Fri May 9, 2008 3:49 pm

I'd do this without the exchange of #9 for #17. If I'm giving up the #9, I should at least be getting back a near-all star player. Ford's coming off that big injury, and isn't worth losing that pick for.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#91 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri May 9, 2008 3:52 pm

Yes please.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM

Post#92 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Fri May 9, 2008 3:54 pm

I can't see Toronto doing that deal though.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#93 » by StutterStep » Fri May 9, 2008 7:50 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'd do this without the exchange of #9 for #17. If I'm giving up the #9, I should at least be getting back a near-all star player. Ford's coming off that big injury, and isn't worth losing that pick for.

Dude, you are clearing Hughes' salary and getting a PG which gives you more leverage in dealing (with) Hinrich and BG.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#94 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri May 9, 2008 7:54 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude, you are clearing Hughes' salary and getting a PG which gives you more leverage in dealing (with) Hinrich and BG.

I'm glad someone said it.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#95 » by MrSparkle » Fri May 9, 2008 10:04 pm

Ford is a good pg in my book, and I wouldn't mind that trade.

On the other hand, what if D'Antoni is hired, and he and Paxson have faith that Hinrich can become much better than what he showed this year? To his credit, Kirk has good size, decent athleticism, and with an offensive-minded, hard-working off-season and a kick in the ass, what if he puts it together?

It's silly how many times I jump around on the back-court (in regards to keeping or dumping Hinrich and Gordon; Thabo's the only keeper)... but what if we decide to keep Kirk, and trade Hughes and Gordon? Check out this trade:

Chicago: Hughes (Cha) / Gordon (s&t Cha) / #9 pick (Mil)
Milwaukee: Redd (Chi) / Villanueva (Cha)
Charlotte: Wallace (Mil) / Carroll (Mil) / May (Chi) / '09 pick (Chi)

I would also sign a veteran pg (A. Johnson) and a veteran center (I don't know who but someone A. Davis) who can play but wouldn't log many minutes. I would also trade Simmons for a cheap defensive guard, like Greg Buckner or Hassell. Also, waive Duhon, Brown and Nichols. Draft a bruiser in 2nd round like Dorsey or Jawaii.

Hinrich / Johnson / Curry (2nd chance)
Redd / Sefolosha / Buckner
Deng / Nocioni
Gooden / Thomas / May (injured again?)
Noah / Gray / FA / Draft

Bucks get a defensive beast for Skiles (Wallace), a 3P bomber to off-set Redd's departure (Carroll), and a lottery pick (Love?). Brown and Jordan take on the Gordon project (reunite him with Okafor), clear up the sf log-jam (assuming Ammo returns), and get a pretty serious team (Gordon/Hughes/Richardson/Okafor/Mohammed) with a pretty good bench (Felton/Morrison/Villanueva).

I think all sides come out happy unless Redd continues to be a pussy for a new team and coach, while Gordon explodes into a superstar.

Return to Chicago Bulls