Image ImageImage Image

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERGING)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,216

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERG 

Post#801 » by MrSparkle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:19 pm

We'll see how the buy-outs and FA pool works out... but if we could get Kirilenko and even Ray Allen, truth is you might be able to open the door for a trade.

I still can't see Noah getting traded. Taj has been much better this year (and in the Wizards series), and there's the Pau (playing better at C) situation, but here are the counterpoints:

1. Taj is signed a year longer. With looming extensions, that $9m limits flexibility.

2. Noah's the higher-caliber player, when he's in shape and got the adrenaline going.

3. Finding a good 7-foot center on the market is next to impossible. The only way you've got a shot is if you find a player with history (like Birdman).

4. Again, I have no idea why people are so confident in Pau being our only legit rotation center. He's playing well, but it's December; we've got 5+ months left, and he's 34.

Going back to first sentence, if AK47 is bought out... that would be a potentially decent backup PF addition. Just an idea, but maybe you can do Taj/Snell for Wilson Chandler and Darrell Arthur. Add Ray and you're looking at:

Rose Kirk Brooks *Moore
Butler Allen
Dunleavy Chandler
Pau Mirotic Kirilenko
Noah Arthur Bairstow Nazr
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#802 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:25 pm

MrSparkle wrote:We'll see how the buy-outs and FA pool works out... but if we could get Kirilenko and even Ray Allen, truth is you might be able to open the door for a trade.

I still can't see Noah getting traded. Taj has been much better this year (and in the Wizards series), and there's the Pau (playing better at C) situation, but here are the counterpoints:

1. Taj is signed a year longer. With looming extensions, that $9m limits flexibility.

2. Noah's the higher-caliber player, when he's in shape and got the adrenaline going.

3. Finding a good 7-foot center on the market is next to impossible. The only way you've got a shot is if you find a player with history (like Birdman).

4. Again, I have no idea why people are so confident in Pau being our only legit rotation center. He's playing well, but it's December; we've got 5+ months left, and he's 34.

Going back to first sentence, if AK47 is bought out... that would be a potentially decent backup PF addition. Just an idea, but maybe you can do Taj/Snell for Wilson Chandler and Darrell Arthur. Add Ray and you're looking at:

Rose Kirk Brooks *Moore
Butler Allen
Dunleavy Chandler
Pau Mirotic Kirilenko

This is the bottom-line for any trade considerations of Noah or Taj. And, you never know next year if they play deep into the playoffs with more mileage on Pau. It might be a complete disaster if Pau gets injured and they don't have one of Taj or Noah.

It is just not easy to plug and play a Center/PF who is a 2nd or 3rd big for 35 minutes for a whole season/playoffs at less than what Taj or Noah makes. And, this is assuming Mirotic and Gasol can do the defensive things consistently against elite competition.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,371

Post#803 » by AirP. » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:We'll see how the buy-outs and FA pool works out... but if we could get Kirilenko and even Ray Allen, truth is you might be able to open the door for a trade.

Rose Kirk Brooks *Moore
Butler Allen
Dunleavy Chandler
Pau Mirotic Kirilenko

This is the bottom-line for any trade considerations of Noah or Taj. And, you never know next year if they play deep into the playoffs with more mileage on Pau. It might be a complete disaster if Pau gets injured and they don't have one of Taj or Noah.

It is just not easy to plug and play a Center/PF who is a 2nd or 3rd big for 35 minutes for a whole season/playoffs at less than what Taj or Noah makes. And, this is assuming Mirotic and Gasol can do the defensive things consistently against elite competition.

That's why Chicago has to get a big defensive center for backup if they move Noah. E.Okafor, J.O'Neal, Biedrins? I still have no idea why Nazr is on the team other then he won't complain about minutes and his minimum vet contract gives Chicago a little more room to move if needed.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#804 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

AirP. wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:

Rose Kirk Brooks *Moore
Butler Allen
Dunleavy Chandler
Pau Mirotic Kirilenko

That's why Chicago has to get a big defensive center for backup if they move Noah. E.Okafor, J.O'Neal, Biedrins? I still have no idea why Nazr is on the team other then he won't complain about minutes and his minimum vet contract gives Chicago a little more room to move if needed.

Those guys you mention probably suck as badly as Nazr. They have had injury problems and are washed up. They are not going to replace Noah or Taj in case of an injury to Pau. They might replace Nazr and give a better 5 minutes than Nazr and what's the point of that?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,371

Post#805 » by AirP. » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Those guys you mention probably suck as badly as Nazr. They have had injury problems and are washed up. They are not going to replace Noah or Taj in case of an injury to Pau. They might replace Nazr and give a better 5 minutes than Nazr and what's the point of that?

Replace starters? Of course not, but having a good defensive backup is nice to have for short spurts(5 minutes) or when someone goes out and your backup now has to give you 15-20 minutes. Chicago has enough offensive options(even if they're not great) that a defensive backup won't hurt you as much like Nazr would.

I guess it's all what the team needs for the guys on the end of the bench, some teams want players who won't gripe(which can cause problems) and just be a good teammate, some want to younger players who can develop into a role, some want players who can actually come in if need be and not hurt the team too much. Nazr fits the non griper area and Bairstow may fit into the younger player who can develop into a role(and as cheap of a contract as they can put into that slot).

Adding a guy like that makes it easier to move one of Chicago's quality(some better then others) big men to try to fill a hole at SF. Chicago has the clock ticking on Gasol and possibly Rose too(unless they're going to max him out again), it's nice to keep things going well but at some point a team has to go for it. If they give up Mirotic they better get something pretty damn good for SF.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,402

Post#806 » by kodo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:This is the bottom-line for any trade considerations of Noah or Taj. And, you never know next year if they play deep into the playoffs with more mileage on Pau. It might be a complete disaster if Pau gets injured and they don't have one of Taj or Noah.

I don't see much point in planning around a Pau injury.

If Pau or any of our top 3 players (Rose, Butler) gets injured then our championship hope is over, period, regardless of backup. Championships aren't so easy to get that you can win one without your 2nd highest scorer, best rebounder, best shotblocker.

I suspect we won't make any moves at the trade deadline. I just hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of 2011 and we find ourselves just 1 quality 2-way wing away from the Finals. That was our best chance at the Finals, but we decided to sit on our assets instead of upgrading Keith Bogans. And in the end the most tradeable asset walked out for nothing to Houston.

Sure we upgraded him next year, and the window was gone by then.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,806

Post#807 » by Revived » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:25 pm

I want Taj Gibson on the Suns so bad without giving up Dragic or Kieff.

IT, Miles Plumlee, Tollliver for Gibson?
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#808 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:38 pm

SF88 wrote:I want Taj Gibson on the Suns so bad without giving up Dragic or Kieff.

Holy crap all that for just Taj?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#809 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:22 pm

SF88 wrote:I want Taj Gibson on the Suns so bad without giving up Dragic or Kieff.

That's a pretty good deal, we don't like the idea of trading Taj, he's an integral piece, but I think if we can get a solid return it might be smart given our situation at the PF spot.

We remain 4 deep in the front court and have an actual backup C, and we get a long-term answer at backup PG.

That said, I'd say no. We've been able to get extremely serviceable backup PG's for the vet min 3 years in a row now, and Taj's defence is too valuable to give up in return for a Miles Plumlee type big who probably wouldn't be as effective here as he is in Phoenix anyway. Tolliver's redundant considering we have a much better stretch 4 in Mirotic already as well.

Cap wise, it's not really beneficial for us to be paying 7 mil for a backup either.

I would consider trading Taj to you guys for a combination of asset's/players that includes a starting level wing player. Gerald Green comes to mind, but he's on the last year of his deal so it dampens the idea a bit for me.

I'm going to say the only way you could pry Taj from us is to give up one of Bledsoe/Dragic.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#810 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Unfortunately we have no need for another PF right now (unless Taj gets traded), but John Henson is a guy I've always liked and he's basically disappeared into the Bucks bench right now. His value is probably down at this stage and I think he has excellent potential. I don't mean 'down the pipeline' potential, but opportunity potential, you give him minutes and he'll produce imo.

With Jabari Parker and Ersan Ilyasova heading the PF minutes, I don't where Henson stands in the scheme of things going forward.

...Actually, from having a look at the Bucks board, it looks like he's more of a C, and it sounds like he doesn't have much trade value. I think he's someone worth enquiring about.

Another young guy I like, who I think can contribute rotational minutes, is CJ McCollum. Been plagued with some injuries that have slowed him down but he's a good young piece and I'm not sure how Portland feel about him going forward.
Badbeats
Rookie
And1: 394

Post#811 » by Badbeats » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 pm

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12028590/charlotte-hornets-explore-lance-stephenson-trade

Surprised this didn't get its own thread. So many posters were very high on Stephenson this summer. I am sure they would still love to get him to help bolster SG position.
Revived
RealGM

Post#812 » by Revived » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:57 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:

He'd go a long way toward our defense. Yall at least still have Noah.

I suggested IT as a 6th man type scorer/insurance for D-Rose. Tolliver is just a mediocre stretch 4 & Plumlee is redundant for us with Len coming along.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,073

Post#813 » by vxmike » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Why Taj? You want to play Markieff at SF or come off the bench?

Noah is the guy Phx needs. If the PHX medical staff made Grant Hill healthy they can certainly round Noah into shape. Noah (who can pass well) surrounded by four athletic shooters is a great fit.

What's a fair package for Noah? The Bulls definitely need Plumlee as a backup C in return but I would think one of Dragic or Bledsoe would have to be the centerpiece.
Revived
RealGM

Post#814 » by Revived » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 am

GimmeDat wrote:

That's a pretty good deal, we don't like the idea of trading Taj, he's an integral piece, but I think if we can get a solid return it might be smart given our situation at the PF spot.

We remain 4 deep in the front court and have an actual backup C, and we get a long-term answer at backup PG.

That said, I'd say no. We've been able to get extremely serviceable backup PG's for the vet min 3 years in a row now, and Taj's defence is too valuable to give up in return for a Miles Plumlee type big who probably wouldn't be as effective here as he is in Phoenix anyway. Tolliver's redundant considering we have a much better stretch 4 in Mirotic already as well.

Cap wise, it's not really beneficial for us to be paying 7 mil for a backup either.

I would consider trading Taj to you guys for a combination of asset's/players that includes a starting level wing player. Gerald Green comes to mind, but he's on the last year of his deal so it dampens the idea a bit for me.

I'm going to say the only way you could pry Taj from us is to give up one of Bledsoe/Dragic.

Thanks for the nice explanation man.

Yea I figured it's probably not enough. I can't see a trade where give up Dragic for him but Bledsoe is a possibility in a 3 way trade cause Gibson himself wouldn't be enough talent wise and $$ wise.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,402

Post#815 » by kodo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:11 am

Badbeats wrote:https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12028590/charlotte-hornets-explore-lance-stephenson-trade

Surprised this didn't get its own thread. So many posters were very high on Stephenson this summer. I am sure they would still love to get him to help bolster SG position.

The Lance popularity is why democracy is the worst way to run a business.

Lance is a terrible 5 man team basketball player. Other GMs were handing out max contracts and it's no surprise Lance got snubbed by almost all GMs except for Charlotte, who wouldn't even guarantee the final year.

He's always been known to be individually talented all the way back to his HS days; that's never been the issue. But JR Ryder & Terrence Williams were even more talented and both were out of the league quickly.

Lance simply doesn't execute team plays. He doesn't move where he's supposed to, he causes TO's because the offense stagnates because it's waiting on him, he trots through executing plays that aren't designed around him.

Despite all his personal boxscore stats, the Pacers were just a net +2 with him on the floor, not much different than CJ Watson +1.5. Other wings getting max, Hayward is +9.3 while Parsons is +9.2.

Hornets head coach Steve Clifford has sat Stephenson during the fourth quarter multiple times this year because of the Hornets' lack of spacing and ball movement with him in the game.
Revived
RealGM

Post#816 » by Revived » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:18 am

vxmike wrote:

Why Taj? You want to play Markieff at SF or come off the bench?

Noah is the guy Phx needs. If the PHX medical staff made Grant Hill healthy they can certainly round Noah into shape. Noah (who can pass well) surrounded by four athletic shooters is a great fit.

What's a fair package for Noah? The Bulls definitely need Plumlee as a backup C in return but I would think one of Dragic or Bledsoe would have to be the centerpiece.

I would probably jizz my pants if the Suns got Noah. But I think the Bulls have him as untouchable.

I would give Plumlee, Bledsoe and IT (who yall can flip to a 3rd team that needs an upgrade at PG for more assets). We'll throw in Green in the mix also.

But again I can't imagine the Bulls being down to trade Noah, it would piss off Thibs, Rose and Bulls fans everywhere who love heart his heart, hustle and defense.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#817 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 am

SF88 wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

I suggested IT as a 6th man type scorer/insurance for D-Rose. Tolliver is just a mediocre stretch 4 & Plumlee is redundant for us with Len coming along.

I wasn't saying that as if I thought it was a bad trade just surprised you think your team would give us all that for Taj. The only thing that could make that even better would be green.
Revived
RealGM

Post#818 » by Revived » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:26 am

Proven_Winner wrote:
SF88 wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

I wasn't saying that as if I thought it was a bad trade just surprised you think your team would give us all that for Taj. The only thing that could make that even better would be green.

Please, by all means take him. Enjoy :)
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#819 » by BullsFTW » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:28 am

Snell, Nazr, Moore, Pick for J. Dudley
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#820 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:52 pm

SF88 wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
SF88 wrote:He'd go a long way toward our defense. Yall at least still have Noah.

Please, by all means take him. Enjoy :)

Is he really that bad? I'm not going to praise as if I watch the Suns (though I wish I could), but I ask because I read an article saying that the Bulls were interested in him and that it would only take 2 second rounders and that seems extremely low for a guy like Green who can contribute.

Return to Chicago Bulls