Image ImageImage Image

Paxson tries to fight Vinny (no really dude he totally did)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: Paxson tries to fight Vinny (no really dude he totally did) 

Post#461 » by kyrv » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Grand Champ wrote:
That's the #1 thing I would like to see, Jay Mariotti getting punched in the face by John Paxon

Post of the week.

I wept openly.

We can dream.

disclaimer: I'm not a violent person. But Jay needs to get face punched.
DaBulls82
Head Coach
And1: 868

Post#462 » by DaBulls82 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Wow - this has become a Circus.

Can we seriously just clean house? Lets say bye to Pax/Gar/Vinny.

We can upgrade our talent with a max FA. We can upgrade our management with an experienced coach, a legit GM (not a puppet), and an exec that isn't burnt out. Oh yah - and hopefully they will all be somewhat mentally stable.
14 years is a nice run but it's time to end the Paxson era.

ImageImageImage
KingoftheCastle
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#463 » by KingoftheCastle » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 pm

deputy wrote:A brand new twist!!

VDN was the aggressor, not PAX!

Just fire both of these goons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/n ... id=5086856

viewtopic.php?t=967854

I also believe Issacson covered the Bulls regulary during the Jordan years. Jerry probably just called on an old friend to run a smear attack against VDN.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#464 » by HomoSapien » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm

However, a source close to the situation disputed who initiated that argument, and said that it wasn't the first altercation Del Negro has had with management. The source said that Del Negro and Bulls general manager Gar Forman had an altercation in Forman's office that was similar, but did not give details.

"So this was not the first time [Del Negro] exhibited this behavior," the source said.

A call placed to Del Negro on Wednesday afternoon was not immediately returned.

The relationship between Paxson and Del Negro has been deteriorating for some time and reached a head over the use of Noah, who has been hurting since mid-January. Del Negro, the source said, directly defied orders by Paxson and Forman in playing Noah seven minutes longer than ordered to against the Portland Trail Blazers on Feb. 26 when Noah was "clearly hurting," according to the source.

"[Del Negro] put his own interest ahead of the Bulls," the source said.

Noah missed the next 10 games, all Bulls losses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/n ... id=5086856
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Bulls_Fan
Head Coach
And1: 815
Location: Don't mess with the BULLS young man, you'll get the horns

Post#465 » by Bulls_Fan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Who wants to bet that the latest "source" is Gar?

This source didn't reveal anything new.

Pax, don't try to circle the wagons to save your job. Do the manly thing (for once) and resign.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#466 » by HomoSapien » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Is trying to win a game really considered putting "his own interest ahead of the Bulls"? Shouldn't they commonly share that goal?

And I hope Vinny did punch that butt head, Gar, before.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#467 » by pduh01 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Post-season or not I think the era of John Paxson AND Vinny Del Negro will end. I could see them both gone one of them resign and other getting fired.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#468 » by coldfish » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 pm

I really don't see how playing Noah is putting Vinny's interests ahead of the Bulls. That's a disagreement with management, but Vinny is just trying to win. The only way that Vinny is being selfish here is if:
- He is risking long term injury for Noah by playing him, which he isn't
- Chicago's interests do not include winning, which I assume they do

Its almost like the Bulls are pissed that Vinny isn't losing as much as he should be. I can understand the Bulls calling Vinny "dumb" for playing a guy and risking short term injury, but I really can't see "selfish".
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#469 » by coldfish » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Is trying to win a game really considered putting "his own interest ahead of the Bulls"? Shouldn't they commonly share that goal?

You beat me to it.
Grand Champ
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#470 » by Grand Champ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Wait I get it now, Reinsdorf is a **** genius...

Reinsdorf intentionally acts like an ass during D'Antoni's interview winds up offending D'Antoni and basically says "no thanks" to his "no defense having ass" as the excuse when in reality Reinsdorf could have cared less who was the coach because he knows that he has a ticking timebomb in his GM, so what does Reinsdorf do? Hires the most incompitant coach he can imagine, one that has doesn't even have high school coaching experience and then Get ultra pissed off at Paxon when the team has two unexpected losses to the awful, awful Nets thereby having Paxon attack the head coach with zero coaching experience. They BOTH get fired. He then signs his buddy doug Collins as coach and winds up signing LeBron James during the offseason because Reinsdorf offered LeBron the world's first GM/Player job in NBA history....

wait what? I think I took way too much allergy medication this afternoon
Bulls_Fan
Head Coach
And1: 815
Location: Don't mess with the BULLS young man, you'll get the horns

Post#471 » by Bulls_Fan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Is trying to win a game really considered putting "his own interest ahead of the Bulls"? Shouldn't they commonly share that goal?

I think when the "source" says altercation, it probably means Vinny back talked. Probably got a lot of BS from GarPax and let them know about it.

No way GarPax can spin this to blame Vinny.

lol@ article "Vinny had 7 times to take him out in those 2 minutes"
Sever82
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#472 » by Sever82 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Bulls_Fan wrote:

I think when the "source" says altercation, it probably means Vinny back talked. Probably got a lot of BS from GarPax and let them know about it.

No way GarPax can spin this to blame Vinny.

lol@ article "Vinny had 7 times to take him out in those 2 minutes"

So let me get this straight, you believe the first source cause you feel its from Vinny's camp but dont believe the second source because you're convinced its Gar. Sorry that makes no sense to me because you have no clue who the source is, so to make an assumption is kind of foolish.
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#473 » by MAQ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:08 pm

This whole damn thing is sad.

Who told Wojo? Who let it leak? Whoever let it leak should be tarred, feathered, and forced to walk the street of Madison.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
KingoftheCastle
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#474 » by KingoftheCastle » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Isaacson has been a Reinsdorf groupie for years now and you don't have to search far in terms of articles to realize that. To have this article surfarce a day later is so transparent, it isn't even funny.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,153

Post#475 » by League Circles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 pm

I just want to note that I think the easiest out for the Bulls as an organization on this, and perhaps the most likely given what we know about JR and loyalty, especially if the Bulls win a game or two against Cleveland - if we make it in to play them, is to bring EVERYONE back and just persevere. VDN as coach in 2010, Paxson, Gar, the whole lot. I think the fact that this took a while to get out, no side is commenting on it much, and most importantly the fact that Noah played 46 minutes in a victory just last night means it's quite possible they've mended fences a bit and as long as their is success, might want to keep working with one another. I've gotten in actual fist fights with some of my best friends and it never made us hold grudges. It's quite possible Pax is just a hot head and that he apologized sincerely to VDN, and that they squashed it out over a drink by really going over all the angles of Noah playing and Pax's role in dictating daily operations. I'm not saying I'll be surprised if he's fired within 48 hours, or Pax, stepping down, whatever, but the most publicly easy way to deal with this situation would be to just mend fences, and push on through. Let's not be shocked if it doesn't happen.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#476 » by anorexorcism » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Man, this is insane. On the eve of what could possibly be his last game coaching the Chicago Bulls, Vinny Del Negro has united the entire Bulls fanbase and the national media (not the Chicago media, mind you) against Paxson, Gar, and Reinsdorf, something that I never thought would happen. Wow.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,153

Post#477 » by League Circles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Grand Champ wrote:Wait I get it now, Reinsdorf is a **** genius...

Reinsdorf intentionally acts like an ass during D'Antoni's interview winds up offending D'Antoni and basically says "no thanks" to his "no defense having ass" as the excuse when in reality Reinsdorf could have cared less who was the coach because he knows that he has a ticking timebomb in his GM, so what does Reinsdorf do? Hires the most incompitant coach he can imagine, one that has doesn't even have high school coaching experience and then Get ultra pissed off at Paxon when the team has two unexpected losses to the awful, awful Nets thereby having Paxon attack the head coach with zero coaching experience. They BOTH get fired. He then signs his buddy doug Collins as coach and winds up signing LeBron James during the offseason because Reinsdorf offered LeBron the world's first GM/Player job in NBA history....

wait what? I think I took way too much allergy medication this afternoon

this.

haha, you never know...
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#478 » by anorexorcism » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:11 pm

teamCHItown wrote:I just want to note that I think the easiest out for the Bulls as an organization on this, and perhaps the most likely given what we know about JR and loyalty, especially if the Bulls win a game or two against Cleveland - if we make it in to play them, is to bring EVERYONE back and just persevere. VDN as coach in 2010, Paxson, Gar, the whole lot. I think the fact that this took a while to get out, no side is commenting on it much, and most importantly the fact that Noah played 46 minutes in a victory just last night means it's quite possible they've mended fences a bit and as long as their is success, might want to keep working with one another. I've gotten in actual fist fights with some of my best friends and it never made us hold grudges. It's quite possible Pax is just a hot head and that he apologized sincerely to VDN, and that they squashed it out over a drink by really going over all the angles of Noah playing and Pax's role in dictating daily operations. I'm not saying I'll be surprised if he's fired within 48 hours, or Pax, stepping down, whatever, but the most publicly easy way to deal with this situation would be to just mend fences, and push on through. Let's not be shocked if it doesn't happen.

that's clearly not the case, because this isaacson story just came out as a direct reaction to the woj story. if things were as sunny as you suggest and have been mended, the Source, aka Pax, would not have said anything to Isaacson.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#479 » by samwana » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Sam Smith about the incident:

here is the complete article
There is some more interesting stuff

Things were edgy with Del Negro after that as Noah came back to a schedule of increasing minutes. By March 30 it was up to 25 minutes and the Bulls were monitoring it closely feeling they still had a shot at the playoffs if they could keep Noah playing.

So here were the Bulls again in a tough game against a good team, and Vinny’s former team, the Suns. Vinny went two minutes over with 27.

It didn’t seem like much, but he had been instructed.

I heard various versions of the story and only one staffer and no coach was witness. As far as I can tell, Paxson loudly challenged Del Negro about going over the limit again. These kinds of post game discussions are frequent, and I know even mild mannered Steve Kerr said one he had early with Mike D’Antoni led to bad feeling and D’Antoni’s eventual departure.

Now all of this stuff is subject to he said/she said as there really were no witnesses.

So supposedly Del Negro got up from his chair to come at Paxson. Or Del Negro got up and Paxson got in his face and pushed him. Paxson supposedly challenged Vinny. I also heard that Vinny welcomed it and said something like c’mon. I really don’t know whom to believe and what happened and didn’t talk to either Vinny or Paxson about it.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#480 » by HomoSapien » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 pm

KingoftheCastle wrote:To have this article surfarce a day later is so transparent, it isn't even funny.

This.

Like Coldfish pointed out, the Bulls criticism of Del Negro putting his own interest ahead of the teams doesn't make sense. The only interest the Bulls have is watch Del Negro fail. This article is further evidence of that.

Return to Chicago Bulls