Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Might Not Be Done Yet!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: Bulls Might Not Be Done Yet!!! 

Post#301 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:31 pm

boogydown wrote:Still early.

Even early, you can tell when a draft is going have some potentially good players. 2007 and 2008 were expected to be good well ahead of time while others were known to be crapshoots as well. Just a heads up 2013 isn't shaping up to be a good class. Even Chad Ford talked to an NBA scout who said it could be worse than 2000.

Not many Freshman came out last year so expect them to declare this year.

5 freshman were taken in the Top 10 and 8 in the first round. That's a decent amount. Cody Zeller was probably ready, but it's understandable that he wants to go back to Indiana and play with that stacked squad that could win it all. J.M. McAdoo is going to get featured a lot next year at UNC. I like BJ Young, but he coud stand to mature a little more.

It's really hard to see this draft taking shape to the point where having a 16-20 pick is a good thing. The incoming freshman class isn't all that, theres some returning players who will be good, and the rest is just bleh.It's got all the potential of a crapshoot.
holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Post#302 » by holv03 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:19 pm

I must agree with Red. The 2013 draft is looking like a crapshoot. Outside of Cody Zeller, Shabbaz Muhammad and a few other prospects I really don't see anyone else in that draft.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#303 » by boogydown » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Right now it's not looking good I agree but still early and mainly it's not looking good because the Top Talent doesn't look good. In terms of it being deep, well as said many times the 2012 Draft was the way to go. The 2013 Draft is still up in the air. A lot of Sophomores and International Players will be in this Draft who waited another year due to the overstock of players who waited in the 2011 Draft.

I see potentially a lot of international bigs in this draft a route I would expect we end up going here. Compared to last year, there were 3 Centers available in the 1st Round. This year could have up to 8.

In the end, I think it ends up average and no where near the level of 2000 or 2011.
holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Post#304 » by holv03 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 pm

boogydown wrote:Right now it's not looking good I agree but still early and mainly it's not looking good because the Top Talent doesn't look good. In terms of it being deep, well as said many times the 2012 Draft was the way to go. The 2013 Draft is still up in the air. A lot of Sophomores and International Players will be in this Draft who waited another year due to the overstock of players who waited in the 2011 Draft.

I see potentially a lot of international bigs in this draft a route I would expect we end up going here. Compared to last year, there were 3 Centers available in the 1st Round. This year could have up to 8.

In the end, I think it ends up average and no where near the level of 2000 or 2011.

When you say no where near the level of 2000 or 2011 what do you mean?
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#305 » by PMONSTER » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:01 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
PMONSTER wrote:I really liked what I saw from T-Mac last year. When I watched him play it seemed like he was able to move pretty well plus he's still a good decision maker. But............

Why would we sign him now? We aren't going to be that good next year with Rose missing games and Deng not getting surgery on his wrist. At the most I see us winning 40 games next year and I say that because I really respect Thibs as a coach.

When we signed Rip for 2/10million instead of signing T-Mac for the vet min last year it told me everything that I needed to know about how they felt about T-Mac. So now all of a sudden they have interest in him and are talking daily? GIve me a break.

We arent going to be good next year so why sign tmac? Yea lets wait till we are a superteam before we sign tmac.

I know your trying to be funny but yeah. What does T-Mac mean to this team's future if we was to sign him now.

I want him here but I'm curious as to why bulls management all of a sudden would want him.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
boogydown
Banned User

Post#306 » by boogydown » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm

holv03 wrote:When you say no where near the level of 2000 or 2011 what do you mean?

You can't get worse than 2000. It's just so unlikely. Those bad drafts from 2000 onwards really brought down the NBA. Outside of the Lakers, the NBA was very weak post Jordan Days.

I just can't see this Draft coming up being anywhere near as bad as those years.

It may not be as talented at the top but a lot of potential options possibly later in the draft.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#307 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm

I know your trying to be funny but yeah. What does T-Mac mean to this team's future if we was to sign him now.

I want him here but I'm curious as to why bulls management all of a sudden would want him.[/quote]

Maybe he is a best available kind of guy?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Bulls Might Not Be Done Yet!!! 

Post#308 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:12 pm

boogydown wrote:
holv03 wrote:When you say no where near the level of 2000 or 2011 what do you mean?

You can't get worse than 2000. It's just so unlikely. Those bad drafts from 2000 onwards really brought down the NBA. Outside of the Lakers, the NBA was very weak post Jordan Days.

I just can't see this Draft coming up being anywhere near as bad as those years.

It may not be as talented at the top but a lot of potential options possibly later in the draft.

It might not end up being as bad but the fact that it has the potential to be is enough to where having a mid first rounder isnt a good thing. I cant see us being bad enough to get in the top tier of this draft either.

If our result is a first round exit and a mid first, its not really a positive. But tread water seems to be their goal
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#309 » by Ben » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 pm

I've been saying for a while that IMO this could finally be T-Mac's year to join the Bulls. We need a forward AND a backup PG, and TMac can do both jobs. With him and a smaller guard playing together, the smaller guard could take the opposing PG and TMac could guard the opposing SG.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#310 » by Rerisen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 am

Ben wrote:I've been saying for a while that IMO this could finally be T-Mac's year to join the Bulls. We need a forward AND a backup PG, and TMac can do both jobs. With him and a smaller guard playing together, the smaller guard could take the opposing PG and TMac could guard the opposing SG.

I'm beaten down enough this offeseason that I'm be willing to accept T-Mac.

Not so sure about him being the backup PG though. Even though he could and has done in it spots.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#311 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:59 am

Rerisen wrote:
Ben wrote:I've been saying for a while that IMO this could finally be T-Mac's year to join the Bulls. We need a forward AND a backup PG, and TMac can do both jobs. With him and a smaller guard playing together, the smaller guard could take the opposing PG and TMac could guard the opposing SG.

I'm beaten down enough this offeseason that I'm be willing to accept T-Mac.

Not so sure about him being the backup PG though. Even though he could and has done in it spots.

Backup point would be the main reason hes signed.
The idea is actually starting to grow on me.
Just would hope his minutes or lack there of wouldnt become a problem. Tmac solidifying 3 positions is starting not to sound like a bad idea.

This teague kid is gonna show he can play so eventually i see the minutes drying up.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#312 » by Rerisen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:03 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Backup point would be the main reason hes signed.

That's what scares me. Not just about how well he'd play, but more so even, his health.

Having a PG rotation of Hinrich and Tmac seems just asking for Teague to be forced into a rotation role even if he's not ready when one of the old dudes inevitably goes down.

I know the Bulls want a vet here, but ideally should be a more dependable journeyman than a guy nearing the end of his career with a bad injury history.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#313 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:15 am

IMO, Thibs probably will not like TMac. When he was with Houston, TMac was a 1st or 2nd option guy.
It is highly possible that he might not understand his weaknesses now and try to do too much.

That said, if Teague is the backup PG....Mike James should be near his phone.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#314 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 am

Rerisen wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Backup point would be the main reason hes signed.

That's what scares me. Not just about how well he'd play, but more so even, his health.

Having a PG rotation of Hinrich and Tmac seems just asking for Teague to be forced into a rotation role even if he's not ready when one of the old dudes inevitably goes down.

I know the Bulls want a vet here, but ideally should be a more dependable journeyman than a guy nearing the end of his career with a bad injury history.

Id feel more comfortable with tmac staying healthy playing 15 minutes per game at the point than him logging heavy minutes at either wing position.

A player of his history, the concern is understandable i just think the upside could outweigh the risk.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#315 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:34 am

And 15 mpg is abit of an over estimate.

Maybe more like 12 min per game with teague getting 6 mpg and hinrich at 30 mpg.
Seinfeld
Banned User
And1: 37

Post#316 » by Seinfeld » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:48 am

Mech Engineer wrote:IMO, Thibs probably will not like TMac. When he was with Houston, TMac was a 1st or 2nd option guy.
It is highly possible that he might not understand his weaknesses now and try to do too much.

IMHO, while Rose is out Belinelli is the backup PG with Teague being 3rd string.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#317 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:56 am

Seinfeld wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:IMO, Thibs probably will not like TMac. When he was with Houston, TMac was a 1st or 2nd option guy.

IMHO, while Rose is out Belinelli is the backup PG with Teague being 3rd string.

In that scenario then bulls should be looking for a wing?
Seinfeld
Banned User
And1: 37

Post#318 » by Seinfeld » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:18 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
Seinfeld wrote:

In that scenario then bulls should be looking for a wing?

It's hard to say, without knowing what the team's plans are for VladRad.

PG Hinrich/Belinelli
SG Hamilton/Belinelli/Butler
SF Deng/ Butler

If Deng is going to be available all year, you've got 5 players covering those 3 positions, plus Teague as 3rd string PG. If they plan on using Vlad Rad at SF sometimes, they don't really need another wing IMHO.

If Deng is going to have surgery, then they definitely need another wing player.

Unless, of course, Teague is going to get more minutes than we think?
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#319 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 am

Um, T-Mac already knows he's a role player at this point. It's not like he's coming off an all-star appearance or something. He's been coming off the bench the last 3 seasons.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#320 » by boogydown » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 am

TMAC has shown he isn't going to pull an Iverson. He is willing to accept a lesser role.

Return to Chicago Bulls