Image ImageImage Image

GT: Chicago Bulls @ Cleveland Cavaliers | 1/19/2015 | 6:30PM CT | TNT

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Re: GT: Chicago Bulls @ Cleveland Cavaliers | 1/19/2015 | 6:30PM CT | TNT 

Post#41 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:04 pm

2Chainz wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Rose doesn't watch basketball anymore. Hmmm. I know Lebron says he watches a ton.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html

Silly Derrick really could use the Marshawn Lynch guide to dealing with the media. Every time he speaks, something stupid comes out.

Glad to hear that our star player isn't letting basketball get in the way of his stories. Phew.

Just amazing that a guy doesn't want to take his work home with him. Are judges supposed to go home and watch court TV or doctors supposed to sit at home and watch er? I'm sure he watches film with the team and preparation for their next opponent. What's the issue? Seriously? Finding fault in everything he says is getting ridiculous.

Serious question

Are you more of a Rose fan or bulls fan?

and i am not asking this to be a smart ass or anything because I am just wondering...if you are that is fine but it be interesting to know
2Chainz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,010

Post#42 » by 2Chainz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:05 pm

TheStig wrote:
2Chainz wrote:
TheStig wrote:Silly Derrick really could use the Marshawn Lynch guide to dealing with the media. Every time he speaks, something stupid comes out.

Glad to hear that our star player isn't letting basketball get in the way of his stories. Phew.

Just amazing that a guy doesn't want to take his work home with him. Are judges supposed to go home and watch court TV or doctors supposed to sit at home and watch er? I'm sure he watches film with the team and preparation for their next opponent. What's the issue? Seriously? Finding fault in everything he says is getting ridiculous.

I didn't know Derrick Rose worked in a highly skilled trade that works huge hours. Silly me, I thought he was a basketball player.

I mean Bron can make time in his busy schedule.

What does this even mean? It's still his job people like to get away from their jobs sometimes and enjoy other things.

And Derrick does have a highly skilled trade he's amongst the top 1% of basketball players in the world.
"My wrist deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, wrist?"/My stove deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, stove?""
2Chainz
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by 2Chainz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:06 pm

BeatDaHeat420 wrote:
2Chainz wrote:
TheStig wrote:Silly Derrick really could use the Marshawn Lynch guide to dealing with the media. Every time he speaks, something stupid comes out.

Serious question

and i am not asking this to be a smart ass or anything because I am just wondering...if you are that is fine but it be interesting to know

Born and raised in Chicago much more of allegiance to Rose than the Bulls. I'm a bulls fan but more of a fan of Rose. He's everything that's right about Chicago.
"My wrist deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, wrist?"/My stove deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, stove?""
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#44 » by pb-ceo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:07 pm

now that doug is back picking the bulls is a piece of cake. :)
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#45 » by TheStig » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:07 pm

BeatDaHeat420 wrote:
2Chainz wrote:

Serious question

I'm more of a Bulls fan but I really do like Rose. He just says the dumbest $hit sometimes. That was merely what I was pointing out.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#46 » by Stratmaster » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:08 pm

2Chainz wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Rose doesn't watch basketball anymore. Hmmm. I know Lebron says he watches a ton.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html

Silly Derrick really could use the Marshawn Lynch guide to dealing with the media. Every time he speaks, something stupid comes out.

This is where I wish I could put the sound of a car screeching to a halt on here. JUST WAIT. This is so wrong. He is not a judge or a Doctor. He is playing a game. A game he supposedly loves. A game he played for free for many, many years before becoming a pro. I sideline as a musician. I can't imagine ever "not listening to music" no matter how much time I spent playing it and how much money I made doing it. You watch basketball games for fun, right? Assuming you like basketball, that is. If it were just this comment it wouldn't be called out. But this. Plus talking being healthy for his kid's future graduation as if he was an offensive lineman or a running back on an NFL team. Plus insinuating he just tunes Thibs out anymore. Plus having to be 110% to play. I could go on and on.

I'm not saying Rose doesn't give a ****. I am saying he talks like he doesn't give a ****.
Droseisthe1
Analyst
And1: 1,780

Post#47 » by Droseisthe1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:10 pm

the narrative 2-3 years back was that Thibs runs his guys to the ground every regular season game, they treat every game as if its game 7 and come playoff time, either get fatigued or get exposed for who they really were all season which were a bunch of try-hards just wanting it more in the regular season.

Who's to say that we aren't the opposite this time around. I don't like these lazy efforts at all but maybe, just maybe, we're that veteran team now that doesn't necessarily need the home court advantage to get things done in the postseason. Maybe the Hawks, Wiz, and Raps are what we were 2 years ago. But does that make us the Miami Heat of 2 years ago? Not necessarily. But somewhere in between us 2 years ago and the Heat 2 years ago? Yes.
Kris Bryant will go down as the greatest Chicago athlete after MJ

edit 7/30/21: okay maybe not, but it was a fun ride nonetheless
Krazy!!!
Starter
And1: 165

Post#48 » by Krazy!!! » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:16 pm

2Chainz wrote:
BeatDaHeat420 wrote:
2Chainz wrote:

Serious question

Born and raised in Chicago much more of allegiance to Rose than the Bulls. I'm a bulls fan but more of a fan of Rose. He's everything that's right about Chicago.

It will be interesting how fans will truly feel about Rose if he were to test free agency once his contract expires leaving a considerable amount of doubt that he will return to Chicago. ...much like what the Knick fans went through with Melo (and he had his own love/hate thing going on with the fans).
2Chainz
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by 2Chainz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
2Chainz wrote:

This is where I wish I could put the sound of a car screeching to a halt on here. JUST WAIT. This is so wrong. He is not a judge or a Doctor. He is playing a game. A game he supposedly loves. A game he played for free for many, many years before becoming a pro. I sideline as a musician. I can't imagine ever "not listening to music" no matter how much time I spent playing it and how much money I made doing it. You watch basketball games for fun, right? Assuming you like basketball, that is. If it were just this comment it wouldn't be called out. But this. Plus talking being healthy for his kid's future graduation as if he was an offensive lineman or a running back on an NFL team. Plus insinuating he just tunes Thibs out anymore. Plus having to be 110% to play. I could go on and on.

I'm not saying Rose doesn't give a ****. I am saying he talks like he doesn't give a ****.

It's still his job. Just because he plays a game doesn't mean it isn't his job. Many people love their jobs it doesn't mean they want to be around it all
The time. And he's always said he's stays away from other basketball games and media. It's who he is. They're humans believe it or not and not just monkeys bouncing a ball for your entertainment.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#50 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Mirotic needs to show the levels Love needs to reach for how a real Stretch 4 works.
2Chainz
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by 2Chainz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Krazy!!! wrote:
2Chainz wrote:
BeatDaHeat420 wrote:Serious question

It will be interesting how fans will truly feel about Rose if he were to test free agency once his contract expires leaving a considerable amount of doubt that he will return to Chicago. ...much like what the Knick fans went through with Melo (and he had his own love/hate thing going on with the fans).

Fans have already showed their feelings on Rose. I hope Derrick leaves and prospers elsewhere. It would be awesome.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#52 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Chicago Bulls as a team will always become first over any player for me
[e]
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#53 » by [e] » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:27 pm

I can deal with a loss to the Jazz for overlooking them. I can't deal with a loss to the Cavs, jack these fools up Chicago!!
2Chainz
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by 2Chainz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:28 pm

BeatDaHeat420 wrote:Chicago Bulls as a team will always become first over any player for me

Why?
Krazy!!!
Starter

Post#55 » by Krazy!!! » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:29 pm

2Chainz wrote:
Krazy!!! wrote:
2Chainz wrote:

Fans have already showed their feelings on Rose. I hope Derrick leaves and prospers elsewhere. It would be awesome.

Personally I don't want Rose to leave...but every time I come over here....the Rose debate keep shaping up potentially into one of those scenarios where we don't appreciate the well until the water runs dry.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,790

Post#56 » by NZB2323 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 pm

So Rose's work ethic is questioned because he doesn't like to sit on his couch and watch other people play basketball?

Are we really going to ignore all the work he put into becoming a MVP? All the work he put into rehabbing 2 knees, getting into game shape, and developing new skills? God forbid he want to watch something else on TV during his free time. After playing games, rehab, working on basketball outside of practice, Thibb's practice, and Thibb's film sessions, Derrick should sit on a couch and watch basketball or else he has no heart!!!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#57 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Wait, now people have an issue that Derrick doesn't watch other teams play? This board is something else :noway:

This is exactly the type of over the top nonsense that has ruined this board.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#58 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

2Chainz wrote:
BeatDaHeat420 wrote:Chicago Bulls as a team will always become first over any player for me

Why?

Because the bulls will always come first,I ain't going to put a certain player above a team Ive watched my whole childhood and that gave me memories I'll never forget and all for what just one player?

Players come and go but the Bulls will be here forever
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#59 » by mademan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Droseisthe1 wrote:the narrative 2-3 years back was that Thibs runs his guys to the ground every regular season game, they treat every game as if its game 7 and come playoff time, either get fatigued or get exposed for who they really were all season which were a bunch of try-hards just wanting it more in the regular season.

Who's to say that we aren't the opposite this time around. I don't like these lazy efforts at all but maybe, just maybe, we're that veteran team now that doesn't necessarily need the home court advantage to get things done in the postseason. Maybe the Hawks, Wiz, and Raps are what we were 2 years ago. But does that make us the Miami Heat of 2 years ago? Not necessarily. But somewhere in between us 2 years ago and the Heat 2 years ago? Yes.

It would be more believable if the coaching staff was limiting players minutes, giving rest days off to the older players and developing young talent. But that's not whats happening...Gasol/Jimmy are still playing too many minutes, Niko only plays 12-14 or so minutes when everyones healthy, Snell's been getting DNP's and TT is looking like he's coaching with the same intensity he always does. The only player that looks like he's "coasting" at times is Rose, but that could also just be a confidence thing with him
Krazy!!!
Starter

Post#60 » by Krazy!!! » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:40 pm

BeatDaHeat420 wrote:
2Chainz wrote:

Why?

Because the bulls will always come first,I ain't going to put a certain player above a team Ive watched my whole childhood and that gave me memories I'll never forget and all for what just one player?

Players come and go but the Bulls will be here forever

The Bulls wouldn't be as relevant without Michael Jordan and later Scottie Pippen and Phil Jackson.

Return to Chicago Bulls