Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls vs Mavs

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

High level
Analyst
And1: 595

Re: PG: Bulls vs Mavs 

Post#81 » by High level » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:53 am

Hope Butler wake the **** up by Tuesday and moving forward. Guy looks lost out there right now.
riprose
Pro Prospect
And1: 248

Post#82 » by riprose » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:00 am

I think it was Thibs who made Brook playable. Not anymore in a different type of offense. Don't understand why we signed him.... We could've got Linsanity instead... He also sucks at D but at least he runs the offense better...
High level
Analyst

Post#83 » by High level » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:07 am

riprose wrote:I think it was Thibs who made Brook playable. Not anymore in a different type of offense. Don't understand why we signed him.... We could've got Linsanity instead... He also sucks at D but at least he runs the offense better...

Yeah Lin is a solid backup and he's tough. Not a good defender but his defense sure is a lot better than Brooks.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,237

Post#84 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:12 am

In regards to Jimmy, I think my advice to him would be JUST. PLAY. YOUR. GAME.

I know he wanted to really work hard on his one on one offense and step back jumper, but it would be a shame if he stopped doing the things that made him an all-star last year.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
unknownnewbie
General Manager
And1: 1,294

Post#85 » by unknownnewbie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:12 am

MC3 wrote:
High level wrote:Exactly Matthews is unrealistic for us.

Matthews isnt unrealistic for us to get going into new CBA. You can cover up his salary with Taj/Pau (expiring) trade or Noah (expiring) + Doug + pick. They match exactly. Plus you need offer some pick like Kings or our own cause Dallas wants to rebuild (through FA) and get cheap contracts in same time cause they will try contend as long Nowitzki is there. I mean it's possible. Thing is first you need to see if Matthews can play on lvl he played before you do any trade for guy coming from such serious injury.

Thing is do you do that deal in that case. With depth we have on frontcourt you could to that deal. Bulls would probably would try include Harris cause our backcup pgs sucks.

Dallas got expiring vets, + picks and last year draft pick on cheap contract. Bulls get 3rd option, starter, 40% 3pt shooter, defensive player and backup PG. Not that really unrealistic.

it's unrealistic because they just signed him to this huge contract. who trades someone just 3 months after they give him a $15 million/year deal?

they might move Mathews next year or the year after. but not now
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,738

Post#86 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:16 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z24ofcwWFs[/youtube]
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Post#87 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:18 am

The offense looked very fluid and dynamic with Derrick. Very fast paced and putting pressure for opposition in transition defense. This will open lanes for Derrick to attack the basket or give open looks for a shooter. The passing looked good early in the first half.

Jimmy did not assert himself tonight's game. He was looking more to facilitate. Not sure if that's by design or of he's saving it for the regular season. He's still dynamic on defense and very important.

Pau and Niko together seemed to work well providing spacing. Defensively, they won't be good but the offense looked better than Jo with either of them.

Jo and Taj combo was great. These guys have years of chemistry. Jo looked good and maybe 25 mpg is where he should be at. Taj has been beasting. He needs to stay healthy. His ankles are always prone to being sprained.

Doug and Snell need more confidence. I think both improve this season. If the Bulls are to make any noise this year, these guys really need to step up. MDJ is a solid vet, but it's time for the kids to play.

Moore is solid, but he'll most likely be 4th in the guard rotation, possibly backup SG. He has earned minutes.

If Brooks is on fire, then he can play some minutes. If he's awful then he needs to sit his butt on the bench. A folding chair is a better defender than him anyways.

Kirk is Kirk. He's a better defender and PG than Brooks. If Brooks is sucking, than he's worse than Hinrich. I'm hoping 10ish minutes maybe in spots or if matchups dictate it.

Portis is looking good. He's not a SF. He's a PF and possibly a center if he gains a little muscle. He has shown solid promise in a lot of ways. Versatility to switch and defend on wings, a tough rebounder, has a good jump shoot, and three point range. He will get his minutes, but not as much as some would like this year unless he's cleary better than the 4 ahead of him.

Felicio and Cam will be riding the pine a bit. Both could be candidates to be cut. The Bulls need another backup wing.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
BIG Game
Rookie
And1: 272

Post#88 » by BIG Game » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:21 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
MC3 wrote:
RememberLu wrote:Rose said some interesting things in his post game interview

he said he didnt plan to come out and score today but saw all the open lanes in this offense and his eyes widened. Also said that the past 4-5 years playing in a system offense, it put him a bit out of rhythm. Said he likes this offense because it lets him catch the ball and just run downhill

is this MVP confirmed? or atleast scoring title :P

Rose gives us an efficient 20 and 8 and the Bulls will be top contenders.

Depending on how our defense plays
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#89 » by chifan1798 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:21 am

KingJordan23 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z24ofcwWFs[/youtube]

Yesssss. Just what I was waiting for :D
High level
Analyst

Post#90 » by High level » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:27 am

Red-Bulls83 wrote:In regards to Jimmy, I think my advice to him would be JUST. PLAY. YOUR. GAME.

I know he wanted to really work hard on his one on one offense and step back jumper, but it would be a shame if he stopped doing the things that made him an all-star last year.

He literally got worse as preseason went on. I know it's preseason but Jesus he was terrible.You just don't see other stars (yes in preseason) like Curry, Durant, George, Westbrook, Davis hell even Rose didn't look bad tonight even tho it was one half in short minutes but no other so called 'star' has stunk it up like Butler so far. I mean tonight there was a possession where Butler had mouse in the house and had easy layup but instead he settled for a tough fadeaway jumper that clanked off the rim. That's just bad basketball :noway: .
ElPolloLoco
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#91 » by ElPolloLoco » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:29 am

This offence is made for Rose, he going to get alot of easier baskets because of spacing he has now. I praying everyday he stays healthy. I think he can average 17-20 pts and 10-11 assist pg.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#92 » by Shill » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 am

Rose definitely looks leaner. His shoulders don't look nearly as bulky.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#93 » by Costa78 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:39 am

I really hope that Jimmys play in the preseason isn't a precursor to what he will be this season. Not sure if he is pressing, or just not playing hard. Taking unnecessary risks on defense and not able to get any momentum on offense. So far he seems content taking fadeaway and off balance jumpers. Someone else said it..he just needs to play his game.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#94 » by Payt10 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:02 am

Also wanted to say that it was interesting to see Snell defending the PG for the second straight game. His length bothers the smaller guards and I thought he did a decent job on Williams when he was in there.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#95 » by BullChit » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:07 am

AKfanatic wrote:
BullsGate wrote:Best pre-season game from snell. We need a amber alert for the real jimmy butler.

Jimmy needs to hang that rear view back in the window and start to drive much more aggressively. No more school zone, the Bulls payed the toll. Time to do some freeway driving.

eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#96 » by TimRobbins » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:12 am

I liked what I say from Rose tonight. He went to the rim and got easy buckets. Didn't force it and didn't take jumpers. That's the kind of game you want to see from him. He's looking pretty quick, which gives me some room for optimism.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#97 » by TimRobbins » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:14 am

High level wrote:Hope Butler wake the **** up by Tuesday and moving forward. Guy looks lost out there right now.

It's kind of normal for players to temporarily regress after signing a major extension. I'm sure Jimmy will be back.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,778

Post#98 » by kyrv » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:24 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Taj 16/6/3 in 23 minutes on 7 shots with 3 blocks.. he was doing it all. Even dishing the ball like I've never seen him.. Rebounding like a beast. His assists were nice plays and had another nice one where Doug got a wide open look and just rimmed it out. would have been 4 .

Taj and Noah are really good when healthy. It's easy to get down on them because they both play banged up. When healthy both are actually on good contracts imo.But their health is the difference between having a deep elite fc and having a poor fc.

Now imagine if they and Rose are all healthy. Dare to dream!

P.S. Rose still with double visuon. Ouch
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#99 » by bulliedog8 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:26 am

Butler should figuratively probably stop partying with Mark Wahlberg so much and playing tennis with models and maybe focus on basketball. Dude was supposedly (not that I believe it) not liking Rose's work ethic. Had pathetic is Butler that he works so hard but looks like trash and rose just comes in and runs the team so well? I hope butler didnt just play for the money last year, though right now, you would think that is all he cared about.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,778

Post#100 » by kyrv » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:27 am

riprose wrote:I think it was Thibs who made Brook playable. Not anymore in a different type of offense. Don't understand why we signed him.... We could've got Linsanity instead... He also sucks at D but at least he runs the offense better...

I agree, seems like Brooks is not an optimal fit, or at least looks that way so far.

Return to Chicago Bulls