Image ImageImage Image

BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (9/23) - Ep. 129: Billy Donovan Coaching Evaluation

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/19) - Ep. 49: The Jabari Parker Experiment Has Failed 

Post#261 » by kingkirk » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am

Hey Folks,

New podcast for you guys. On this week, Fred Pfeiffer and I discuss the embarrassing loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. We also talk: Zach LaVine's struggles over the last 10 games (1:30), Fred finally gives Justin Holiday some praise (11:08), debating the point of Jabari Parker on this team (16:46), and much more.

Later in the show, Morten Jensen stops by to argue why the Parker experiment hasn't been worth the time (38:25), and why Wendell Carter Jr. is the real deal (45:03).

Listen: http://bullshq.libsyn.com/ep-49-the-jabari-parker-experiment-has-failed
GDRO10
Junior
And1: 140

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/19) - Ep. 49: The Jabari Parker Experiment Has Failed 

Post#262 » by GDRO10 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Mark K wrote:Hey Folks,

New podcast for you guys. On this week, Fred Pfeiffer and I discuss the embarrassing loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. We also talk: Zach LaVine's struggles over the last 10 games (1:30), Fred finally gives Justin Holiday some praise (11:08), debating the point of Jabari Parker on this team (16:46), and much more.

Later in the show, Morten Jensen stops by to argue why the Parker experiment hasn't been worth the time (38:25), and why Wendell Carter Jr. is the real deal (45:03).

Listen: http://bullshq.libsyn.com/ep-49-the-jabari-parker-experiment-has-failed

Listening you and Fred argue about Jabari is way more entertaining than watching the Bulls these days.
Better believe it: Ryan Arcidiacono is the point guard of the future.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#263 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Wow, SeeRedFred is completely delusional about Jabari Parker. lol. He has one good half in a game he wound up taking 19 shots to get 21 and Fred called that an "amazing game". Just look at the rest of the last few weeks. It's awful. He has a .504 TS% on the season and an 11.2 PER. His defense is an abomination. He rarely gets to the line averaging 2.4 FTA's per game. He loafs 90% of the time. Jogs back on defense and doesn't even run down the floor on offense. He's a sloth and a bum and a thief, stealing $20M from the Bulls for this garbage. Jabari is awful and his attitude is worse than his crap play. Oh, and Fred, yes he does rub off on the rest of the team. That "is how life works and it is how basketball teams work". Citing the lack of effort by Lopez and Blakeney on one of the same plays where Jabari slacked is not a valid excuse for Jabari doing it. In fact, it's just evidence that his attitude and lack of effort is rubbing off on the team. Oh, and Jabari is dead last in the entire NBA in RPM with a staggering -5.23.

Thank goodness for Morten coming in as a voice of reason on this matter. LOL at Morten saying he's had Fred muted for some time now.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/22) - Ep. 50: Tanksgiving 

Post#264 » by kingkirk » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:59 am

Hey folks,

New episode of BullsHQ available for all to listen into. I was joined by Will Gottlieb to review Chicago's impressive win over the Phoenix Suns.

Topics discussed include: Jabari Parker's best game as a Bull (4:18), Zach LaVine's impressive return from illness (8:12), Ryan Arcidiacono hustling all over the United Center (10:55), and the battle in the middle between Wendell Carter Jr. and DeAndre Ayton (14:22).

Later in the show, attention turns to if the Bulls are bad (good?) enough to tank (18:40), Denzel Valentine's season-ending injury (27:30), where the Bulls player figured in ESPN's Real Plus-Minus release (32:41), and much more.

Listen: http://bullshq.libsyn.com/bullshq-ep-50-tanksgiving
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/26) - Ep. 51: Always A Quarter Shot 

Post#265 » by kingkirk » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am

On a new episode of BullsHQ, I was joined by Fred Pfeiffer to discuss the Bulls' most recent losses to the Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves.

Topics discussed include: The referees targeting Wendell Carter Jr (5:22), another very nice game from Jabari Parker (12:47), the dependence on Zach LaVine (20:33), Derrick Rose's resurgence in Minnesota (29:24), back-to-back double-doubles for Justin Holiday (37:30), why Fred decided to name his band 'Tight Pants Jimmy', and much more.

Listen: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._51.mp3
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/29) - Ep. 52: Another Moral Victory 

Post#266 » by kingkirk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 am

Hey guys,

New episode of BullsHQ is up online. On this episode I was joined by The Athletic Chicago writer Stephen Noh to discuss the Bulls' latest loss to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Topics discussed include: The continued great play from Ryan Arcidiacono (3:35), Zach LaVine's bounce back game (7:20), Wendell Carter Jr's struggles (15:04), expectations for Lauri Markkanen when he returns next week (28:30), what the Kyle Korver trade may mean for Justin Holiday (37:51), and much more.

Tune in: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._52.mp3
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (12/2) - Ep. 53: Welcome Back Lauri 

Post#267 » by kingkirk » Sun Dec 2, 2018 12:07 pm

On a new episode of BullsHQ, I was joined by Fred Pfeiffer (@cbefred), host of the Chicago Bullseye and Big Red Bus podcasts, to discuss the return of Lauri Markkanen against the Houston Rockets.

Topics discussed include: Markkanen's play in his first game back (3:26), the decision to bring Markkanen off the bench (5:02), how Markkanen and LaVine will work together (15:20), the lack of depth at point guard hurting the young bigs (25:34), Wendell Carter's huge night against the Detroit Pistons (33:30), and much more.

Tune in: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._53.mp3
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (12/4) - Ep. 54: The Hoiberg Era Is Over 

Post#268 » by kingkirk » Tue Dec 4, 2018 10:42 am

Hey folks,

I didn't expect to be recording another pod so soon but the Bulls had to go and fire Hoiberg.

On a new episode of BullsHQ, I react to all the news surrounding the firing of head coach Fred Hoiberg, John Paxson's press conference (10:41), and answers questions relating to the end of the Hoiberg era (18:02).

Later in show, friend of the show Fred Pfeiffer calls in to give his perspective of Hoiberg's departure (34:41).

Tune in: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._54.mp3
bpguimaraes23
Junior
And1: 317

Post#269 » by bpguimaraes23 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 11:12 am

Hey Mark. Big fan ou your podcast and your tweets. I share your opinions about almost everything, but I don't share your patience with SeeRedFred. I've been following him since the beginning of his podcast, but it seems to me that the game of basketball has passed him by just like it has passed the Bulls FO. He seems like a great guy and It's always good to have someone who disagrees with you, but he sounds like a comedy relief at this point. He is unbelievably incoherent and biased on his opinions and he has a bad habit of offending people whose opinions he doesn't agree a lot. Your podcast may benefit from more solo episodes.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#270 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:05 pm

bpguimaraes23 wrote:Hey Mark. Big fan ou your podcast and your tweets. I share your opinions about almost everything, but I don't share your patience with SeeRedFred. I've been following him since the beginning of his podcast, but it seems to me that the game of basketball has passed him by just like it has passed the Bulls FO. He seems like a great guy and It's always good to have someone who disagrees with you, but he sounds like a comedy relief at this point. He is unbelievably incoherent and biased on his opinions and he has a bad habit of offending people whose opinions he doesn't agree a lot. Your podcast may benefit from more solo episodes.

Mark does an excellent job with the podcast and I really enjoy his guests. I agree with you that maybe a little less Fred and some solo episodes or different guests wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm not as anti-SeeRedFred as you are, though. I like him. I actually agree with most of what he had to say on this latest show. I understand how you feel though.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
bpguimaraes23
Junior

Post#271 » by bpguimaraes23 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 5:29 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
bpguimaraes23 wrote:Hey Mark. Big fan ou your podcast and your tweets. I share your opinions about almost everything, but I don't share your patience with SeeRedFred. I've been following him since the beginning of his podcast, but it seems to me that the game of basketball has passed him by just like it has passed the Bulls FO. He seems like a great guy and It's always good to have someone who disagrees with you, but he sounds like a comedy relief at this point. He is unbelievably incoherent and biased on his opinions and he has a bad habit of offending people whose opinions he doesn't agree a lot. Your podcast may benefit from more solo episodes.

Mark does an excellent job with the podcast and I really enjoy his guests. I agree with you that maybe a little less Fred and some solo episodes or different guests wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm not as anti-SeeRedFred as you are, though. I like him. I actually agree with most of what he had to say on this latest show. I understand how you feel though.

I'm not as anti-SeeRedFred. I like him. He seemed like a very nice guy on the very few interactions a had with him. But today his value is in comedy, not analysis.
bpguimaraes23
Junior

Post#272 » by bpguimaraes23 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:28 am

I'm feeling a bit guilty now. I was angry at the FO at the time and came on a bit too strong. I have no intention on trashing SeeRedFred.

Keep up the good work, Mark.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (12/10) - Ep. 55: What Are You Doing, Jim? 

Post#273 » by kingkirk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:52 am

Hey folks,

I couldn't help myself but to go on a rant about what has transpired here with coach Jim Boylen and his players post the historic loss to the Boston Celtics on Saturday. To hear my thoughts, tune in!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._55.mp3
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (12/10) - Ep. 55: What Are You Doing, Jim? 

Post#274 » by Axolotl » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:42 pm

Mark K wrote:Hey folks,

I couldn't help myself but to go on a rant about what has transpired here with coach Jim Boylen and his players post the historic loss to the Boston Celtics on Saturday. To hear my thoughts, tune in!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._55.mp3

I was actually waiting for this :) Tried to find something I'd disagree with, but no.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (12/21) - Ep. 56: So, About That Nets Loss... 

Post#275 » by kingkirk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:23 am

Hey Folks,

Been a couple weeks since the last show so here's a new one. I've made my feelings known on this board how I feel about Boylen but I go into more depth here about my discomfort with his arrival.

Topics discussed include: Pausing expectations of the rebuild after Zach LaVine's latest injury (3:18), if the combination of LaVine and Kris Dunn can work (5:47), the Bulls falling backwards under Jim Boylen (10:52), the new coach's inexplicable decision-making in the loss against the Nets (19:29), the New York Knicks showing interest in trading for Jabari Parker (29:45), and much more.

Tune in: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._56.mp3

Furthemore, just wanted to say thanks for your continued support in tuning in week after week. Hopefully this pod -- along with Bulls Gold -- has added to the dynamics of this board. So thanks again for listening, happy holidays. Appreciate you dudes.
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#276 » by RagingBull316 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 am

Any reason why your podcast disappeared from the Google Podcast app? I had been listening to it via that app, but now it's gone.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by kingkirk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:48 am

RagingBull316 wrote:Any reason why your podcast disappeared from the Google Podcast app? I had been listening to it via that app, but now it's gone.

I changed hosts. That would be my guest.

Tbh, I didn't even know it was on Google Podcasts. I can't load it myself on there (Australia doesn't allow for it) so someone must have done it in the past may not have updated it?
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#278 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:43 am

Mark K wrote:Hey Folks,

Been a couple weeks since the last show so here's a new one. I've made my feelings known on this board how I feel about Boylen but I go into more depth here about my discomfort with his arrival.

Topics discussed include: Pausing expectations of the rebuild after Zach LaVine's latest injury (3:18), if the combination of LaVine and Kris Dunn can work (5:47), the Bulls falling backwards under Jim Boylen (10:52), the new coach's inexplicable decision-making in the loss against the Nets (19:29), the New York Knicks showing interest in trading for Jabari Parker (29:45), and much more.

Tune in: http://traffic.libsyn.com/bullshq/BullsHQ_Ep._56.mp3

Furthemore, just wanted to say thanks for your continued support in tuning in week after week. Hopefully this pod -- along with Bulls Gold -- has added to the dynamics of this board. So thanks again for listening, happy holidays. Appreciate you dudes.

I just listened to Bulls HQ and Bulls Gold back to back. I was just thanking Edward and Salim for their contributions and their podcast, and I just wanted to do the same for you, Mark and to all of your guests. I appreciate what you do for us Bulls fans very much. I always look forward to new episodes of Bulls HQ. Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to you down under. Thanks for providing such excellent insight for all of us Bulls fans. I enjoy listening to you podcast all year. So thanks, man, and keep on doing what you do. Same goes to SeeRedFred and Morten who contribute as well.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#279 » by kingkirk » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:47 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:I just listened to Bulls HQ and Bulls Gold back to back. I was just thanking Edward and Salim for their contributions and their podcast, and I just wanted to do the same for you, Mark and to all of your guests. I appreciate what you do for us Bulls fans very much. I always look forward to new episodes of Bulls HQ. Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to you down under. Thanks for providing such excellent insight for all of us Bulls fans. I enjoy listening to you podcast all year. So thanks, man, and keep on doing what you do. Same goes to SeeRedFred and Morten who contribute as well.

You’re legend, Johnny.

I can’t speak for others, but I don’t get paid to do this (I actually lose money doing it) so kind words like this mean more than you will ever know. I really appreciate you saying this, as well as tuning into each show. It’s noticed and I’m thankful for it.

Happy holidays to you and yours.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#280 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:09 am

Happy holidays to both of you and thanks for the feedback and interaction. Keep up the good episodes Mark.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Return to Chicago Bulls