Image ImageImage Image

BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (9/23) - Ep. 129: Billy Donovan Coaching Evaluation

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/1) - New Year, New Bulls 

Post#141 » by kingkirk » Mon Jan 8, 2018 7:47 pm

Susan wrote:Is Fred a poster here? Big time Waddle & Silvy listener who just saw his article in The Atlantic.

I don’t think so? Still is set on the type writer, I believe.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/1) - New Year, New Bulls 

Post#142 » by dougthonus » Mon Jan 8, 2018 7:48 pm

Susan wrote:Is Fred a poster here? Big time Waddle & Silvy listener who just saw his article in The Atlantic.

Fred doesn't post here. I'm friends with him outside of the Bulls (though we met from doing podcasts about the Bulls) and get together once every month or two with him.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/8) - Re-Evaluating The Butler Trade w/ Doug Thonus 

Post#143 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:23 pm

Just gave it a listen. Great talk.

I haven't been much of a GarPax supporter lately because of how bad the team has looked these past couple years, but it's refreshing to hear someone objectively evaluate them based on their overall tenure and not just their recent blunders.

If you take off the #FireGarPax blinders for a bit, I'd agree with much of your evaluations. It's definitely easy to see that they've started this rebuild quite nicely in that we won't be in a tank hole for years and years to come without much to show for it. Of course time will tell, but with how good Dunn and Lauri have looked so far, it's safe to say that they've hit on these guys not to mention their other solid pickups like Nwaba and even Holiday (who could be tank commander-ish at times, but a very fine role player when that's what he's limited to). LaVine hasn't even played a game, so who knows what the full Butler return could look like.

We went from an old team playing boring, outdated 90s ball to a fun-to-watch young team with a bright future in just 1 offseason. I'd say we're ahead of teams like Orlando, Phoenix, and Sacramento who have been bottom dwellers for a long time.

No FO is perfect, but to be able to pull off something like this is quite an achievement. Give credit when it's due.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/8) - Re-Evaluating The Butler Trade w/ Doug Thonus 

Post#144 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:48 am

Great stuff as always, Mark.
And it’s awsome to have you back, Doug!
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/15) - Return Of The Zach 

Post#145 » by kingkirk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:48 am

Hey Bulls Board,

New pod is up. On this one, I was joined by Kevin Ferrigan to discuss Zach LaVine's return, how he projects to fit into the rotation, whether his negative advanced metrics will actually help the tank, as well as his next contract. We also get into the Mirotic trade rumors.

Have a listen. As always, feedback is appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-18-return-of-the-zach
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#146 » by MC3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Maybe it was just me, or my expectations. But I expected after Lavine debut more hype not just about him back but for whole team. Certainly didnt expect taking dump on him in any way. Or just disecting after 20 min his weaknesses or just in general I expected some positivity for this team going forward and him after Bulls get their best player back. I feel first missed mark guest, pun intended. Or just bad timing for this discussion which was intended today. Not saying you arent maybe right, legit discussion, just to much debbie downer episode.

I just didnt like it. It was like reading realgm posts from some realgmer analytics.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by kingkirk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 pm

MC3 wrote:Maybe it was just me, or my expectations. But I expected after Lavine debut more hype not just about him back but for whole team. Certainly didnt expect taking dump on him in any way. Or just disecting after 20 min his weaknesses or just in general I expected some positivity for this team going forward and him after Bulls get their best player back. I feel first missed mark guest, pun intended. Or just bad timing for this discussion which was intended today. Not saying you arent maybe right, legit discussion, just to much debbie downer episode.

I just didnt like it. It was like reading realgm posts from some realgmer analytics.

That’s fair. I thought we took a balanced approach at it. I don’t like to get hype or create that for no reason, but I can understand why you’d have this view.

And I wouldn’t say we took a dump on him. But I get it.
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#148 » by Flopper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:51 am

Read on Twitter
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/22) - Return Of The Zach 

Post#149 » by kingkirk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am

Hey Guys,

New pod is up. In this one I give my thoughts on if the tank is really dead, and how the upcoming schedule may help determine that. I also discuss the if Mirotic really does fit here long-term.

Later on the show, Fred Pfeiffer (@cbefred) stops by to discuss the status of the Big Red Bus and give his usual uber positive takes.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-19-is-the-tank-dead

Note: Apologies in advance for my mic gaining a crackle noise mid way through the show. Not sure what happened but I noticed and will correct it for the next ep.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (1/22) - Is The Tank Dead? 

Post#150 » by kingkirk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 am

Hey Guys,

In this weeks show I'm joined by Stephen Noh of The Athletic to review the latest in Chicago Bulls basketball.

Topics discussed include: The log jam in the front court, the Bulls sorely missing Kris Dunn, the issues at point guard, Zach LaVine's struggles, Nikola Mirotic to the Pelicans, and Lauri Markkanen's undersold rookie season.

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-20-the-tank-has-a-pulse
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/2) - Reviewing The Mirotic Trade 

Post#151 » by kingkirk » Fri Feb 2, 2018 12:16 pm

Hey guys,

Put out a new pod outside of my normal schedule to cover off all my thoughts about the Mirotic trade. I go through the deal itself, offering my thoughts and grading the trade for both teams, as well as talking about what's next for the Bulls for the remainder of the trade deadline.

Have a listen and let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-21-reviewing-the-mirotic-trade
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/2) - Reviewing The Mirotic Trade 

Post#152 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:36 am

Good job pointing out, so eloquently, some of the underrated things about the trade. The fairly large TPE is a big part of it because it sets them up to absorb another salary for another pick if they get an opportunity here (Noah, cough). All in all it was a good haul and the "intrinsic value" of improving our draft pick cannot be overlooked, as you point out. It was perhaps as big as the additional pick acquired.

I would go solid B+ on the trade when it was made. They get a D for when it was made.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/6) - The Trade Deadline Is Here 

Post#153 » by kingkirk » Tue Feb 6, 2018 12:58 pm

Hey Bulls board,

Mid-week pod for y'all. Morten Jensen and I talk about all the trade news surrounding the Bulls ahead of the trade deadline, speculate on possible trades and answer some listener questions. Tune in.

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-22-the-trade-deadline-is-here
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/6) - The Trade Deadline Is Here 

Post#154 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed Feb 7, 2018 11:05 am

Are you guys on stitcher at all? What about the see red fred and Bullsbeat podcasts. I can't seem to find those on stitcher either

Edit: nevermind I found you guys. Had to scroll a bunch down. Keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/9) - Reviewing The Trade Deadline 

Post#155 » by kingkirk » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:36 am

Hey dudes,

On the latest episode of BullsHQ, I was joined by Jason Patt to review what moves the Bulls made at the trade deadline.

Topics discussed include: Reaction to the trade that brought in Noah Vonleh, Jameer Nelson to the Pistons, former Bulls moved at the deadline, what's next for the Bulls and those players they didn't trade, and much more.

Have a listen, let me know your thoughts: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-23-reviewing-the-trade-deadline
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#156 » by rtblues » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:44 pm

See-Red-Fred is constantly referring to proverbial "people" or opinions that are allegedly out there as some important voice, without ever referring to who exactly.

This seems to be his device to drive home whatever point he's trying to make. With the "I'm sick of people who are saying ________" - Insert something nobody is actually saying, unless he heard some drunk at a bar babbling.

Either quote who exactly is saying it or a link to the quote, or just introduce the topic without the manufactured drama.
And if it is some isolated comment by an idiot, or an idiotic Tweet, does Fred really need to justify it and spend time on this.
What say you? ;-)
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
RoyalNBA
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#157 » by RoyalNBA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:24 pm

I was a huge fan of your original podcast, and I always thought you gave a fair - but tough - assessment of the topics you covered. Da' Bulls are a hard habit to quit, probably just like heroine.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm

rtblues wrote:See-Red-Fred is constantly referring to proverbial "people" or opinions that are allegedly out there as some important voice, without ever referring to who exactly.

This seems to be his device to drive home whatever point he's trying to make. With the "I'm sick of people who are saying ________" - Insert something nobody is actually saying, unless he heard some drunk at a bar babbling.

Either quote who exactly is saying it or a link to the quote, or just introduce the topic without the manufactured drama.
And if it is some isolated comment by an idiot, or an idiotic Tweet, does Fred really need to justify it and spend time on this.
What say you? ;-)

I’ve definitely called him on this on Twitter but next time I have him on I’ll ram this point home because I agree with you.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#159 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm

RoyalNBA wrote:I was a huge fan of your original podcast, and I always thought you gave a fair - but tough - assessment of the topics you covered. Da' Bulls are a hard habit to quit, probably just like heroine.

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. And yes, when Podman ended, I planned to take a break from this team, but ended up starting a new podcast instead because as much as I try, I can’t escape this team.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#160 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Mark K wrote:
rtblues wrote:See-Red-Fred is constantly referring to proverbial "people" or opinions that are allegedly out there as some important voice, without ever referring to who exactly.

What say you? ;-)

I’ve definitely called him on this on Twitter but next time I have him on I’ll ram this point home because I agree with you.

Do it.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls