Image ImageImage Image

BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (9/23) - Ep. 129: Billy Donovan Coaching Evaluation

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/9) - Reviewing The Trade Deadline 

Post#161 » by rtblues » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:09 am

P.S. It's Felicio Fred. Not Felishio. Thanks.

Sorry to be a bit picky here, but hey, you're doing a podcast, as an erstwhile authority on all things Chicago Bulls, so you may want to learn how to pronounce the players names. Felicio, while a bit invisible, has been here for a couple of years now, so. It's just kind of cringe-worthy every time he says it.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/19) - Taking An All-Star Break 

Post#162 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am

Hey dudes,

On the latest episode of BullsHQ, I took a pause from the regular season to answer listener questions from Twitter and Reddit.

Topics discussed include: Rotational changes that await the Bulls after the All-Star break, mock draft boards, free agency targets, Fred Hoiberg's performance this season, and much more. Have a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-24-taking-an-all-star-break
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (2/19) - Taking An All-Star Break 

Post#163 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 am

Hey guys,

This week on BullsHQ, I was joined by Patrick Fenelon to discuss the second game of the season series against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Topics discussed include: Minnesota's 122-104 win over Chicago, Jimmy Butler's knee injury, Tom Thibodeau and the amount of minutes he plays his players, Taj Gibson's first season in Minnesota, and much more.

Have a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-25-the-bulls-and-wolves-pt-ii
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (3/5) 

Post#164 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 5, 2018 11:33 am

Hey guys,

New podcast for those who are interested. This week I give my thoughts on the lineup changes and Bobby Portis' promotion into the starting unit, the cohesion of Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine and Kris Dunn, reports of Portis and the Bulls planning to discuss a contract extension, plus all the latest in the race to the bottom of the standings.

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-26-is-it-june-yet
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (3/12) - Ep. 27: The Tank Is Dead 

Post#165 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:25 am

Hey guys,

This week on BullsHQ, I was joined by Fred Pfeiffer to talk all the latest news surrounding the Chicago Bulls.

Topics discussed include: The Bulls being warned by the NBA for resting Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday, if the tank is truly dead, the development and cohesion of Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine and Lauri Markkanen, how Markkanen projects long-term, and why Fred thinks Markkanen can be a top 10 player in the league.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-27-the-tank-is-dead
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#166 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:45 am

Hey guys,

This week on BullsHQ, I talk about the never-ending feeling of this season, made even longer given the Bulls' tanktastic lineups to close 2017-18, as well as if this season has met our expectations.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-28-is-it-over-yet
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#167 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:15 pm

Mark K wrote:Hey guys,

This week on BullsHQ, I talk about the never-ending feeling of this season, made even longer given the Bulls' tanktastic lineups to close 2017-18, as well as if this season has met our expectations.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-28-is-it-over-yet

Excellent episode. You cover the illegitimacy of these games and the stats of the players in most of these games. I agree wholeheartedly that it makes evaluating these guys nearly impossible. I've been saying the same things but I think you do a better job of explaining it in detail. This is a must listen at this point in time for all Bulls fans.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by kingkirk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:34 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Excellent episode. You cover the illegitimacy of these games and the stats of the players in most of these games. I agree wholeheartedly that it makes evaluating these guys nearly impossible. I've been saying the same things but I think you do a better job of explaining it in detail. This is a must listen at this point in time for all Bulls fans.

Thanks for listening, man. Your continued support, which I've definitely noticed, is extremely appreciated.
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#169 » by contestedlayups » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:54 am

Mark,

Excellent job on your latest episode. I disagree in your point that Felicio and Valentine playing well down the stretch has no bearing on next season. These players playing well gives them confidence heading into the offseason, and the hope is that next year a great amount of healthy competition will be had in training camp, without any punches thrown. I personally hope that Fred awards zero jobs in the beginning of training camp next year and that every position is earned, but that's something to be discussed later.

Regardless, when a player has a strong finish to the season, they're usually going to be motivated as all hell to improve in the offseason. The hope is that players like Payne, Felicio, and Valentine are ready to push the envelope for starting positions next season, which only makes the actual starters train even harder this offseason.

Those were my only thoughts on your episode. Keep them coming man!
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:12 am

contestedlayups wrote:Mark,

Excellent job on your latest episode. I disagree in your point that Felicio and Valentine playing well down the stretch has no bearing on next season. These players playing well gives them confidence heading into the offseason, and the hope is that next year a great amount of healthy competition will be had in training camp, without any punches thrown. I personally hope that Fred awards zero jobs in the beginning of training camp next year and that every position is earned, but that's something to be discussed later.

Regardless, when a player has a strong finish to the season, they're usually going to be motivated as all hell to improve in the offseason. The hope is that players like Payne, Felicio, and Valentine are ready to push the envelope for starting positions next season, which only makes the actual starters train even harder this offseason.

Those were my only thoughts on your episode. Keep them coming man!

Hey, thanks for listening, man. You might be right. There could be a benefit to these players that I was overlooking. Probably the case. I hope you're right and I am wrong in this case, but I guess it comes down the individual player and how they handle their own scenario.

Appreciate you listening.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (4/13) - Ep. 29: Season In Review 

Post#171 » by kingkirk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Hey Bulls board,

Been a few weeks since my last podcast, but I recorded a season review show with Jason Patt. Talk holistically about this season, the main storylines, the development of players, the success of the rebuild, and what lies beyond now in the offseason. I enjoyed this retrospective chat. Tune in, let me know your thoughts.

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-29-season-in-review

I'll have some draft shows coming in the next few weeks as well, so be on the look out for those.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (4/25) - Ep. 30: Draft Preview, Pick No. 6 

Post#172 » by kingkirk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Hey Bulls board,

In a special crossover edition of BullsHQ, I was joined by Bull Court Press podcast hosts Will Gottlieb and Stephen Noh to preview the potential options at pick No. 6 for the Chicago Bulls in the 2018 NBA Draft. Basically, it's a full blown discussion of the draft thread on this board, for those interested.

We talk about the decision to draft best player available or fit, Mikal Bridges vs Michael Porter Jr, Trae Young and his potential, if Chicago should consider drafting a big man, and much more.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-30-draft-preview-pick-no-6
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#173 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Good podcast, you guys are all really hitting another level and finding rhythm individually and as a group. Super enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
bpguimaraes23
Junior
And1: 317

Post#174 » by bpguimaraes23 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Great podcast. Especially the part about Trae Young. Agree 100% with Stephen Noh.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,774

Post#175 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:21 pm

It's funny that you guys say there won't be a perfect player available for us picking a wing or trae young, but that shouldn't discourage us. Then you guys say we shouldn't draft a big man, because no big man at 6 will be able to defend like Rudy Gobert, score like Anthony Davis, and playmake like Draymond Green.

Was Green an elite playmaker at 19?
Was Davis an elite shooter at 19?
Was Gobert an elite defender at 19?

Mo Bamba has the wingspan of Rudy Gobert, is more athletic than Gobert, and averaged almost 4 blocks a game and almost a steal per game while getting a double double as a teenager. How is his potential not more than Gobert? We're not going to be contending anytime soon, and if a player with that much potential falls to us, we should take him. He's for sure a project, but was Rudy Gobert and Giannis Attentekumpo.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#176 » by kingkirk » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 pm

NZB2323 wrote:It's funny that you guys say there won't be a perfect player available for us picking a wing or trae young, but that shouldn't discourage us. Then you guys say we shouldn't draft a big man, because no big man at 6 will be able to defend like Rudy Gobert, score like Anthony Davis, and playmake like Draymond Green.

Was Green an elite playmaker at 19?
Was Davis an elite shooter at 19?
Was Gobert an elite defender at 19?

Mo Bamba has the wingspan of Rudy Gobert, is more athletic than Gobert, and averaged almost 4 blocks a game and almost a steal per game while getting a double double as a teenager. How is his potential not more than Gobert? We're not going to be contending anytime soon, and if a player with that much potential falls to us, we should take him. He's for sure a project, but was Rudy Gobert and Giannis Attentekumpo.

We didn't say the Bulls shouldn't draft a big man, but because the way the league is trending away from bigs, unless that guy looks like he can be the real deal - which may be proven in workouts - only then does it make sense to take a big instead of a wing, as an example.

I think all three of us were unanimous in saying if JJJ fell to #6, you have to take him, even if he is a big.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#177 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:27 am

Nice job guys!
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (5/21) - Ep. 31: Draft Preview, Pick No. 22 

Post#178 » by kingkirk » Mon May 21, 2018 11:08 am

Hey Bulls Board,

On the latest episode of BullsHQ, two long-time RealGMers -- Morten Jensen and I -- go in on the Bulls' potential options with pick 22.

We talked about the approach the Bulls should take with the pick, whether it makes sense to look just at young upside guys verses some older types, as well as quick summaries of players such as Zhaire Smith, Jontay Porter, Troy Brown, Kevin Knox, Josh Okogie, Jacob Evans, Shake Milton, De'Anthony Melton, Keita Bates-Diop, and many more.

We run long, but hopefully you enjoy some draft chat.

https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-31-draft-preview-pick-no-22
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (5/21) - Ep. 31: Draft Preview, Pick No. 22 

Post#179 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Just listened to the entire episode. Well done. Great to hear Morten give his takes as I've always respected his opinions on player evaluation.

Mark, glad to hear you're on the Okogie train. If he is there at 22 and the Bulls aren't all over him, I will be seriously disappointed. More than I ever have. I'm one who has never been upset with any of our picks, especially mid late 1st rounders. I wanted Dieng over Snell sure. But, being a PAC12 guy, and living out west, I always loved Taj and was one of the few who praised the pick at the time. I was one of the people highly concerned with Dejuan Blair's knee issues..... no more needs to be said. However, this one I am quite sure on as a can't miss. Okogie checks all the boxes and plays with fire and and edge that I love. Tenacious on D.. I love your Nwaba comparison and I think you and O'Donnell are spot on here.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know, I appreciate the work put into breaking down the 22nd pick. And again. More Morten on your podcasts please.
Truebiscuit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,005

Post#180 » by Truebiscuit » Mon May 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Mark K wrote:Hey Bulls board,

In a special crossover edition of BullsHQ, I was joined by Bull Court Press podcast hosts Will Gottlieb and Stephen Noh to preview the potential options at pick No. 6 for the Chicago Bulls in the 2018 NBA Draft. Basically, it's a full blown discussion of the draft thread on this board, for those interested.

We talk about the decision to draft best player available or fit, Mikal Bridges vs Michael Porter Jr, Trae Young and his potential, if Chicago should consider drafting a big man, and much more.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-30-draft-preview-pick-no-6

Pretty good stuff, man! One suggestion if I may: have you thought about time-stamping your topics? For example, Michael Porter Jr. convo starts at 28:14, etc
Working on becoming Titletown:
Bears - 9
Bulls - 6
Blackhawks - 6
Cubs - 3
White Sox - nobody cares :D

Return to Chicago Bulls