Image ImageImage Image

BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (9/23) - Ep. 129: Billy Donovan Coaching Evaluation

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (7/23)- Ep. 39: Who Is Jabari Parker? 

Post#241 » by kingkirk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:35 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:Man, I know you don't like the move, but you don't have to be so biased. Jabari has been a sf his entire career until Jason Kidd decided that he wanted to try him at PF in order to make room for Middleton and to catch on with that small-ball stuff. The reason why it did not work is because Jason Kidd can't coach, period, especially without the help of Lawrence Frank. Btw, it's not only Bulls fans who think Jabari will be fine playing sf, it's also the Bulls organization which has hundreds of scouting tapes of him since high school. It's also Mike krszyzewski whom the Bulls organization is very close to who believes that he is capable of playing the sf spot. I'll believe these folks with their expertise first before I believe some random reporters or announcers.

While you're entitled to your opinion on Jabari being able to play small forward, there are stats out there which shows that he isn't ideal at small forward. And in regards to our scouts and management feeling that he can play small forward, well our front office, scouting team have missed on plenty of draft signings or even free agents in the past, and that goes for all other front offices. There is no team with a clean record of making the correct decisions on players, so having confidence in the front office in making the right decision is one thing, but whether it ends up being true is an entirely different story.

Adding onto this, whilst I don't think Parker is a SF, the reason I had a guy on from ESPN Milwaukee on the podcast was to clarify my viewpoint, and to ask if I was wrong or right, by an external person from the Bulls community who ultimately doesn't know if he is or isn't (relative to Bucks folks). He also doesn't think Jabari is a 3, maybe even less so now after 2 ACL injuries.

Guys can say I'm biased and I have a negative view on the Parker signing, but it's kind of disingenuous to say as much when I go out of my way to get someone on the show who has covered every game Parker has played in the NBA to get clarity on the situation.

And I like the comment about random sports reporters. Cmon.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#242 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:54 am

Mark K wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:Man, I know you don't like the move, but you don't have to be so biased. Jabari has been a sf his entire career until Jason Kidd decided that he wanted to try him at PF in order to make room for Middleton and to catch on with that small-ball stuff. The reason why it did not work is because Jason Kidd can't coach, period, especially without the help of Lawrence Frank. Btw, it's not only Bulls fans who think Jabari will be fine playing sf, it's also the Bulls organization which has hundreds of scouting tapes of him since high school. It's also Mike krszyzewski whom the Bulls organization is very close to who believes that he is capable of playing the sf spot. I'll believe these folks with their expertise first before I believe some random reporters or announcers.

While you're entitled to your opinion on Jabari being able to play small forward, there are stats out there which shows that he isn't ideal at small forward. And in regards to our scouts and management feeling that he can play small forward, well our front office, scouting team have missed on plenty of draft signings or even free agents in the past, and that goes for all other front offices. There is no team with a clean record of making the correct decisions on players, so having confidence in the front office in making the right decision is one thing, but whether it ends up being true is an entirely different story.

Adding onto this, whilst I don't think Parker is a SF, the reason I had a guy on from ESPN Milwaukee on the podcast was to clarify my viewpoint, and to ask if I was wrong or right, by an external person from the Bulls community who ultimately doesn't know if he is or isn't (relative to Bucks folks). He also doesn't think Jabari is a 3, maybe even less so now after 2 ACL injuries.

Guys can say I'm biased and I have a negative view on the Parker signing, but it's kind of disingenuous to say as much when I go out of my way to get someone on the show who has covered every game Parker has played in the NBA to get clarity on the situation.

Well, my problem with your assertion is you seem to accept these reporters' comments as gospel, when there are people with expertise in the the domain who believe otherwise, including his Hall a Famer former coach, Mike Krscysewski, and the Bulls organization. Additionally, I recently uploaded an interview with a Bucks announcer who refutes your argument. So, it is a matter of who you want to believe. One thing I know for a fact, it is a win-win for the organization. If Jabari pans out, we have ourselves a steal, and if not, we can start over next Summer. The exciting thing is, we will find out pretty soon, won't we?
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#243 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
Mark K wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

Well, my problem with your assertion is you seem to accept these reporters' comments as gospel, when there are people with expertise in the the domain who believe otherwise, including his Hall a Famer former coach, Mike Krscysewski, and the Bulls organization. Additionally, I recently uploaded an interview with a Bucks announcer who refutes your argument. So, it is a matter of who you want to believe. One thing I know for a fact, it is a win-win for the organization. If Jabari pans out, we have ourselves a steal, and if not, we can start over next Summer. The exciting thing is, we will find out pretty soon, won't we?

None of it matter anymore. It's time to play ball. Doesn't matter what anyone says, how hard they tell us they worked. What position their ex coach or our FO thinks they can play. Don't matter. None of it. We are about to find out for ourselves just how much work everyone put in.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#244 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:
Mark K wrote:

None of it matter anymore. It's time to play ball. Doesn't matter what anyone says, how hard they tell us they worked. What position their ex coach or our FO thinks they can play. Don't matter. None of it. We are about to find out for ourselves just how much work everyone put in.

Amen, my brother! I concur! It has been too long already.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (9/27) - Ep. 42: 2018-19 Season Preview 

Post#245 » by kingkirk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Back again for another week, and with the season just around the corner, I was joined by writers for The Athletic and co-hosts of the Bull Court Press podcast, Will Gottlieb and Stephen Noh, to go through an in depth season preview.

Taking you through all the key questions heading into the season, topics discussed include: The projected strength and weaknesses for this team (3:57), Kris Dunn as a lead guard (16:18), can Lauri Markkanen take another giant leap in year two (34:30), setting expectations for Wendell Carter Jr (40:56), the pairing and crossover of Zach LaVine and Jabari Parker on the wing (47:23), and so much more.

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-42-2018-19-season-preview
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#246 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:19 am

Great stuff Mark! It's great having your podcast back in action. Between you and Edward and Salim, it seems like I have a new podcast every other day. It's awesome.

Also, you were great on the Bulls Gold pregame which I just listened to. Your knowledge, experience, polish and professionalism is a great addition. You guys should team up more often.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#247 » by sco » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:45 am

A very good listen. Loved the depth on each guy!
:clap:
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (10/8) - Ep. 43: Bucking Hell 

Post#248 » by kingkirk » Mon Oct 8, 2018 9:52 am

Hello friends,

New BullsHQ for you guys to tune into. This week I'm joined by my mate Fred, and we discuss the win (Pelicans) and loss (Bucks) to open the preseason, focusing on the roles of Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday moving forward (7:19), Jabari Parker's horror return to Milwaukee (10:27), the legitimacy of starting Wendell Carter Jr. right now (14:24), if the Bulls have any chance of stopping teams with this roster (22:42), Bobby Portis' strong performances (31:09), the improvement of Zach LaVine's shot chart (46:42), and much more.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-43-bucking-hell
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#249 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Oct 9, 2018 12:38 pm

Mark K wrote:Hello friends,

New BullsHQ for you guys to tune into. This week I'm joined by my mate Fred, and we discuss the win (Pelicans) and loss (Bucks) to open the preseason, focusing on the roles of Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday moving forward (7:19), Jabari Parker's horror return to Milwaukee (10:27), the legitimacy of starting Wendell Carter Jr. right now (14:24), if the Bulls have any chance of stopping teams with this roster (22:42), Bobby Portis' strong performances (31:09), the improvement of Zach LaVine's shot chart (46:42), and much more.

Have a listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-43-bucking-hell

I listened before the game last night. That was about as pessimistic as I've heard Fred ever be, which in itself is a bit terrifying. Be fun to see him sporting that Kirk jersey but it would be even more fun seeing you rocking a Denzel jersey because that would mean the team is actually much better than you and I thought they would be and Bulls fans would almost surely get to watch a little Bulls playoff basketball. It would be a start.

After that, I can't wait to see your reaction to last night game. Hopefully, we can turn it around here and at least end the preseason on a good note. On the bright side, Mark, there's only one way this team can go from here and that is up. lol
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#250 » by kingkirk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:I listened before the game last night. That was about as pessimistic as I've heard Fred ever be, which in itself is a bit terrifying. Be fun to see him sporting that Kirk jersey but it would be even more fun seeing you rocking a Denzel jersey because that would mean the team is actually much better than you and I thought they would be and Bulls fans would almost surely get to watch a little Bulls playoff basketball. It would be a start.

After that, I can't wait to see your reaction to last night game. Hopefully, we can turn it around here and at least end the preseason on a good note. On the bright side, Mark, there's only one way this team can go from here and that is up. lol

I like to think I bring the best out in Fred i.e. bringing him back to reality.

Re the bet, I can’t lose. If the Bulls suck, or even are good but still don’t win 44 games, I obviously win the bet. But if Fred wins the bet, the Bulls have won 44 or more games, which as a fan of the team, is still good!
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (10/15) - Ep. 44: Preseason Is Over 

Post#251 » by kingkirk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:19 am

Hey Bulls board,

After appearing on Bulls Gold twice, I thought it was only fair Edward Shuler Jr jumps on BullsHQ as my guest this week (Salim, I'll get you on too during the season :D).

With preseason wrapping up, we talk the merits of changing up the starting lineup (2:29), what the change means for Jabari Parker (7:25), Zach LaVine’s continued strong play (23:15), the good and bad of Kris Dunn’s preseason play (34:43), Bobby Portis playing himself into a big contract (41:31), getting hyped for Wendell Carter Jr. (57:34), and much more.

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-44-preseason-is-over

Also, if you haven't already, hit the subscribe button on the show on your podcast app - we should be on most, if not all.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#252 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:01 pm

[
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#253 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Mark K wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:Man, I know you don't like the move, but you don't have to be so biased. Jabari has been a sf his entire career..........

Starting to look a lot like the guy from Milwaukee who watched every one of Parkers games in his career knew maybe just a little more than some of our fans here did.

Not only does this guy suck on the floor but he has a douchebag attitude. Every time he opens his mouth I like him less.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (10/15) - Ep. 44: Preseason Is Over 

Post#254 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Mark K wrote:Hey Bulls board,

After appearing on Bulls Gold twice, I thought it was only fair Edward Shuler Jr jumps on BullsHQ as my guest this week (Salim, I'll get you on too during the season :D).

With preseason wrapping up, we talk the merits of changing up the starting lineup (2:29), what the change means for Jabari Parker (7:25), Zach LaVine’s continued strong play (23:15), the good and bad of Kris Dunn’s preseason play (34:43), Bobby Portis playing himself into a big contract (41:31), getting hyped for Wendell Carter Jr. (57:34), and much more.

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-44-preseason-is-over

Also, if you haven't already, hit the subscribe button on the show on your podcast app - we should be on most, if not all.

This was fun to do. My goal is to be as positive about the Bulls as Mark is throughout this episode.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (10/22) - Ep. 45: New Season, More Ls 

Post#255 » by kingkirk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:24 am

Hey Folks,

The regular season is upon us, and to take you through the first two games, I was joined by Fred Pfeiffer to talk Chicago’s opener against the Philadelphia 76ers (1:17).

Later in the show, I was also joined by Kevin Anderson of NBCS Sports Chicago to go over the crushing defeat to the Detroit Pistons (33:46).

Tune in: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-45-new-season-more-ls
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (10/25) - Ep. 46: Dunn Down But We Have a W feat. Darnell Mayberry 

Post#256 » by kingkirk » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:28 am

Hello Bulls board,

Another episode for you guys to sink your teeth into. This week I was fortunate enough to be joined by Bulls beat writer for the Athletic, Darnell Mayberry.

Unfortunately we had to discuss the rough news of losing Kris Dunn to a knee injury. But later, things picked up when we hit on the Bulls’ unlikely win against Hornets, Cameron Payne’s career night, Zach LaVine’s continued emergence, and much more.

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-46-dunn-down-but-we-have-a-w
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/12) - Ep. 48: Talking Bulls w/ Marc 'Silvy' Silverman 

Post#257 » by kingkirk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 am

Hey folks.

On a new episode of BullsHQ, we were fortunate enough to be joined by Marc 'Silvy' Silverman from ESPN 1000 Chicago.

Topics discussed include: How Silvy became a Bulls fan (4:46), general impressions of coach Fred Hoiberg (9:43), how the Jabari Parker experiment has unfolded (18:21), management's decision-making during the rebuild (24:29), and much more.

Tune in: https://soundcloud.com/bullshq/ep-48-talking-bulls-w-marc-silvy-silverman
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Re: BullsHQ Podcast - New Ep (11/12) - Ep. 48: Talking Bulls w/ Marc 'Silvy' Silverman 

Post#258 » by jc23 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 pm

good get. Mark Schanowski would be a great guest if you havent tried already.
Be curious, Not judgmental
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#259 » by ThreeMileAllan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Good grt Mark. Good job

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#260 » by sco » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks Mark. Big Fan!
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls