Image ImageImage Image

Rondo out indefinitely with thumb injury

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Re: Rondo out indefinitely with thumb injury 

Post#221 » by MC3 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Read on Twitter

S***. Didn't realize it would be this long.

Dont worry he will be back for Finals.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Post#222 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Jerian Grant needs to step up big time. His shooting and defense will be critical against Thomas.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#223 » by Am2626 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 pm

Rerisen wrote:I wonder if this is something Rondo could play through - apparently he already did some - but they made a strategic decision here to try and get him healthy for the next series, thinking they could still win this one without him now.

If so, be a dangerous gamble.

I don't think he has already been ruled out for this series. At least not privately. It's a good thing that they won the first 2 games. Winning game 3 is critical. If that happens, even if they lose the next 2, Rondo could potentially be back for a close out game 6.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#224 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
d-rose [heroes] wrote:
Rerisen wrote:I wonder if this is something Rondo could play through - apparently he already did some - but they made a strategic decision here to try and get him healthy for the next series, thinking they could still win this one without him now.

If so, be a dangerous gamble.

Isn't a thumb fracture like 6 weeks?

It depends. I think Wall played two years ago after missing two game with a broken wrist.

For it to be totally healed, it's probably 4-6 weeks. But depending on the type of fracture, etc, he might be able to play through it with a sleeve after a few days. No idea.

It's obviously non-displaced, which is a good thing. From watching the postgame interviews last night, I think he could be back towards the end of Wizards series/beginning of the Cavs series, if we make it that far. That's being optimistic
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#225 » by The Force. » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Guys keep saying Grant or MCW or Wade need to step it up but that's asking them to do something they simply aren't capable of. Grant and MCW are mediocre PGs at best and Wade is 35 and can only do so much at this point.

IMO, Rondo was the driving force behind the Bulls late season surge (along with Niko starting) and without him they are a completely different team.

The only saving grace would be if Valentine comes in and balls for us but that would require some sort of divine intervention.
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#226 » by SeniorWalker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:16 pm

This definitely hurts the Bulls. I thought Rondo was the second most important player for the Bulls in the first two games by controlling the tempo and attacking Boston early with passing and penetration.

That said, Lopez has been THE decisive advantage thus far for the Bulls and will continue to because the Cs cannot control his size on the glass.

Bulls still have enough talent to win this series between Butler, Wade, and Mirotic. But I'm curious to see how everyone will feast offensively now that their primary ball handler is out. If this turns into a "my turn, your turn" iso series between Butler and wade and other guys aren't getting looks, Boston can just double Butler and they'll get a momentum swing from a stalled offense.
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."

Return to Chicago Bulls