Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Re: Trade Thread 

Post#1241 » by rowseyna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Lauri_Legend wrote:
rowseyna wrote:Three Potentials I've Read:

CHI gets: Justise Winslow, Wayne Ellington, & Tyler Johnson
MIA gets: Nikola Mirotic, Paul Zipser, & '21 1st

or

CHI gets: D.J. Wilson, Mirza Teletovic, Sterling Brown, & '19 1st
MIL gets: Nikola Mirotic & '19 2nd

or

CHI gets: DeAndre Jordan
LAC gets: Robin Lopez, Nikola Mirotic, & '19 1st

First one: Miami isn't stupid. Winslow is a huge part of their future. Tyler Johnson? Already have a ridiculous log jam at the PG spot.

Third one: Rebuild mode. Not Retool mode. Taking on a $22M/yr Allstar center isn't much of a rebuild.

Second one: Ok. But why trade a PF (Niko) for two PFs (Wilson & Teletovic)

First one: If Winslow's such a big part of their future, how come his minutes have gone down from 34.7 MPG last year to 23.2 MPG this year? Who's to say they wouldn't rather have Nikola Mirotic for their future? Who's to say that they wouldn't like a 1st over Winslow for their future? Also, I wouldn't call what we have a log-jam at PG. We have a below-average starter and a below-average backup. Tyler Johnson might be better than both of them and is almost certainly better than Grant. Jerian Grant should not be stopping us from upgrading our PG spot. Besides, Johnson can play SG, as well.

Third one: Obtaining an All-Star is just about the quickest way to rebuild. Dunn/LaVine/Doncic or Porter/Markkanen/Jordan may be considered a successful rebuild...

Second one: Because it makes us worse right now. Brown and Wilson are raw prospects. Considering the likelihood of a RoLo trade, Wilson fits in nicely with Lauri and Bobby. Oh, and to get a 1st.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1242 » by GimmeDat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Winslow's sucked, and Miami fans are not high on him. Just saying that to point out the gap in value might not be as big as you think.
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#1243 » by Lauri_Legend » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 pm

rowseyna wrote:
Lauri_Legend wrote:
rowseyna wrote:Three Potentials I've Read:

CHI gets: Justise Winslow, Wayne Ellington, & Tyler Johnson
MIA gets: Nikola Mirotic, Paul Zipser, & '21 1st

or

CHI gets: D.J. Wilson, Mirza Teletovic, Sterling Brown, & '19 1st
MIL gets: Nikola Mirotic & '19 2nd

or

CHI gets: DeAndre Jordan
LAC gets: Robin Lopez, Nikola Mirotic, & '19 1st

First one: Miami isn't stupid. Winslow is a huge part of their future. Tyler Johnson? Already have a ridiculous log jam at the PG spot.

Third one: Rebuild mode. Not Retool mode. Taking on a $22M/yr Allstar center isn't much of a rebuild.

First one: If Winslow's such a big part of their future, how come his minutes have gone down from 34.7 MPG last year to 23.2 MPG this year? Who's to say they wouldn't rather have Nikola Mirotic for their future? Who's to say that they wouldn't like a 1st over Winslow for their future? Also, I wouldn't call what we have a log-jam at PG. We have a below-average starter and a below-average backup. Tyler Johnson might be better than both of them and is almost certainly better than Grant. Jerian Grant should not be stopping us from upgrading our PG spot. Besides, Johnson can play SG, as well.

Third one: Obtaining an All-Star is just about the quickest way to rebuild. Dunn/LaVine/Doncic or Porter/Markkanen/Jordan may be considered a successful rebuild...

Second one: Because it makes us worse right now. Brown and Wilson are raw prospects. Considering the likelihood of a RoLo trade, Wilson fits in nicely with Lauri and Bobby. Oh, and to get a 1st.

Lol. Getting a 29 year old allstar center is the quickest way to rebuild? C'mon, I know you don't believe that.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1244 » by rowseyna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Lauri_Legend wrote:
rowseyna wrote:
Lauri_Legend wrote:

Lol. Getting a 29 year old allstar center is the quickest way to rebuild? C'mon, I know you don't believe that.

Doesn't matter if I believe it. Only matters if GarPax believe it. It could be argued...
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#1245 » by sco » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Kaled wrote:I think the Bulls should really push for an Oubre trade come deadline day. He has some serious scoring potential if given the minutes and Washington is in need of a good PF, so Niko fits the bill.

I am with you, but Wiz are unlikely to trade Oubre. I'd throw Niko, RoLo and anyone not named Dunn, Lavine or Markkanen to get him (although I'm torn on Nwaba).
:clap:
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1246 » by GimmeDat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm

I'd love a hard push for Oubre as well. Not sure if it's feasible but he's a great target for us.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1247 » by StunnerKO » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Derrick Jones Jr released by Suns

https://youtu.be/vaPQhUTasdQ

Only 20 years old

Shares agent with Blakeney

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1248 » by GimmeDat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 pm

^Yeah, we've been talking about him this week, still want him. And yet, he just cleared waivers and signed with the Suns D-League team -

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248310/Derrick-Jones-Jr-Signs-With-Suns-G-League-Affiliate
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#1249 » by MC3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Nobody signed him because he needed to clear waivers otherwise team which would pick him would inherit deal he previously signed with Suns, right? He signed last summer non-guaranteed deal that runs four years and started at $543,471 . Now he can sign new deal if I am not mistaken.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1250 » by GimmeDat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 pm

MC3 wrote:Nobody signed him because he needed to clear waivers otherwise team which would pick him would inherit deal he previously signed with Suns, right? He signed last summer non-guaranteed deal that runs four years and started at $543,471 . Now he can sign new deal if I am not mistaken.

That's true, but if someone really wanted him they could've claimed him, it's not like it was a bad deal.

He's free to sign at the min. anywhere now - I hope it's the Bulls, at the expense of someone like Zipser.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#1251 » by MC3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
MC3 wrote:Nobody signed him because he needed to clear waivers otherwise team which would pick him would inherit deal he previously signed with Suns, right? He signed last summer non-guaranteed deal that runs four years and started at $543,471 . Now he can sign new deal if I am not mistaken.

That's true, but if someone really wanted him they could've claimed him, it's not like it was a bad deal.

He's free to sign at the min. anywhere now - I hope it's the Bulls, at the expense of someone like Zipser.

Bulls dont have roster spot to claim him without waiving someone. So I think they are waiting for trade to happen. Same reason why Blakeney is back in G-league recently. They will need to do some moves soon.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1252 » by GimmeDat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 am

MC3 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Bulls dont have roster spot to claim him without waiving someone. So I think they are waiting for trade to happen. Same reason why Blakeney is back in G-league recently. They will need to do some moves soon.

Good point, that's very possible. Might be keeping a strong eye on Dec 15.
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#1253 » by bulls4ever » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm

lol, at first i saw we getting a pick when trading to clippers. id do in a heart beat lol. clippers would be dumb to do it.
now, one suggesting we trade our "old" center for another center, while give away all our trading assets AND a 2st rounder? what is the point?
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#1254 » by bulls4ever » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:06 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
MC3 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Good point, that's very possible. Might be keeping a strong eye on Dec 15.

if bulls wanted to pick someone off waivers would have done so. After all, dont they claim they knew on second practice that Payne does not belong? would waive him ..
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!
Kaled
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#1255 » by Kaled » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 am

sco wrote:
Kaled wrote:I think the Bulls should really push for an Oubre trade come deadline day. He has some serious scoring potential if given the minutes and Washington is in need of a good PF, so Niko fits the bill.

I am with you, but Wiz are unlikely to trade Oubre. I'd throw Niko, RoLo and anyone not named Dunn, Lavine or Markkanen to get him (although I'm torn on Nwaba).

You're right, Wizards are unlikely to trade their best scoring option off the bench this season. I just think we should at least try to ask for him if Niko's value rises by deadline day. I also don't think we should get rid of Nwaba just yet, we should at least try to keep him till next season.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1256 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 am

Kaled wrote:
sco wrote:

You're right, Wizards are unlikely to trade their best scoring option off the bench this season. I just think we should at least try to ask for him if Niko's value rises by deadline day. I also don't think we should get rid of Nwaba just yet, we should at least try to keep him till next season.

Some team will pay him this offseason if his good play continues. We won't keep him for cheap.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1257 » by Onibuh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 am

any Chance to get a 2nd for Holiday and bring back Blakeney?
Kaled
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#1258 » by Kaled » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kaled wrote:
sco wrote:I am with you, but Wiz are unlikely to trade Oubre. I'd throw Niko, RoLo and anyone not named Dunn, Lavine or Markkanen to get him (although I'm torn on Nwaba).

Some team will pay him this offseason if his good play continues. We won't keep him for cheap.

Are we talking about Nwaba? Because if thats the case, you're right, but i could see him choosing us due to playing time. If we're talking about Niko, then i don't think we're planning on keeping him.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1259 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 am

Kaled wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kaled wrote:

Are we talking about Nwaba? Because if thats the case, you're right, but i could see him choosing us due to playing time. If we're talking about Niko, then i don't think we're planning on keeping him.

Yes Nwaba.
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1260 » by rowseyna » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm

CHI gets: Ian Mahinmi, Tomas Satoransky, Jason Smith, '18 1st, and '22 2nd
WAS gets: Nikola Mirotic and Quincy Pondexter

Who says no and why?

Return to Chicago Bulls