Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Re: Trade Thread 

Post#1141 » by sco » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 pm

rowseyna wrote:CHI gets: Jahlil Okafor
PHI gets: NOP '18 2nd (via CHI)

Who says no and why?

Sure, Philly may buyout Jah, and people can say the Bulls can just sign him then or in the off-season when he's a FA, but I think it's far more likely that given his pick of the litter, he'd go elsewhere to a better team with a better culture and coach. That's not us. We can trade for him and then get him comfortable in his home city and I think the odds of him leaving go way down. He could become a part of our rebuild for the remainder of this year and get comfortable here with our team and get PT and I think he'd be inclined to stay. After being in Philly for a while, if we just wait until he's available to everyone, I think he'd probably choose another team. Trade for him now and the odds of keeping him are high, in my opinion. The dude is a talented former lottery pick who hasn't been given a real fair shake. Put him out there with Lauri and our offense could be special (nevermind the defense). Rebuilds are supposed to be about acquiring as much talent as possible. Okafor is undoubtedly more talented than anyone we're likely to get with that second-round pick. Pull the trigger.

How about if we give them 2 second round picks if they take Felicio back?

The guys I like on Philly to try for are: Luwawu and Saric. Wonder if we could find a deal (not including a 1st) for either?
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#1142 » by ChettheJet » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:39 pm

What I'm looking for are teams that know what they have and don't like it or are being forced into a position to do something.

1) Marc Gasol has managed to get the coach fired in Memphis. Does management decide he's going to be a problem and do they look at shifting gears and would Lopez fill a spot for them short term so they see what they can do without Gasol? Fair gamble for the Bulls because Gasol's final year is a player option if he wants to move on and get a big deal he opts out, if he thinks the Bulls are building properly he stays a year and maybe extends with them.

2) Blake Griffin injures his knee. If he's out for an extended period would the Clippers see Mirotic as a fill in with his one year deal and would they have players with contracts they'd like to move?
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#1143 » by Costa78 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 am

At this point I don’t think that the 2nd Rd pick is the issue to getting Jah back home. I think the bigger concern is if he plays well he can get more on the open market than what we could offer to resign him. I feel bad that he is caught in the middle of all this and really want to see him in a Bulls uniform, but the situation kind of sucks.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1144 » by Onibuh » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:55 am

Costa78 wrote:At this point I don’t think that the 2nd Rd pick is the issue to getting Jah back home. I think the bigger concern is if he plays well he can get more on the open market than what we could offer to resign him. I feel bad that he is caught in the middle of all this and really want to see him in a Bulls uniform, but the situation kind of sucks.

Bulls have Space and no real Free Agent of value will sign here. Just Need to find a way to trade Felicio.
sco
RealGM

Post#1145 » by sco » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Knicks hate Noah's contract and have too many C's. How about:

Noah/Hernangomez for Felicio/Holiday/Pondexter?
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#1146 » by Nate3carp » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

sco wrote:Knicks hate Noah's contract and have too many C's. How about:

I don't think getting Hernangomez is enough of an incentive for me to take Noah's contract (even though it is a year less than Felicio's). He's just getting paid so much. Would hamper our ability to even think about free agents for the next couple years.
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#1147 » by greenl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Nate3carp wrote:

I don't think getting Hernangomez is enough of an incentive for me to take Noah's contract (even though it is a year less than Felicio's). He's just getting paid so much. Would hamper our ability to even think about free agents for the next couple years.

No one worth anything is joining this dumpster fire for a few years (minimum). Taking on a bloated contact in exchange for an asset would be prudent.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
sco
RealGM

Post#1148 » by sco » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 pm

greenl wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:

No one worth anything is joining this dumpster fire for a few years (minimum). Taking on a bloated contact in exchange for an asset would be prudent.

There's a good pun that I'm missing in trading a bloated player for a bloated contract. :D

Just looked at that Noah contract $18M+ next year and $19M+ the following year. It's ugly. I guess the net add is $10M and $11MM and benefit of $8M the last year. Yeah, granted there is little opportunity cost because of what you said, but it feels like a lot now to just get Willie (even though I like him).
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#1149 » by greenl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:26 pm

sco wrote:
greenl wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:I don't think getting Hernangomez is enough of an incentive for me to take Noah's contract (even though it is a year less than Felicio's). He's just getting paid so much. Would hamper our ability to even think about free agents for the next couple years.

There's a good pun that I'm missing in trading a bloated player for a bloated contract. :D

Just looked at that Noah contract $18M+ next year and $19M+ the following year. It's ugly. I guess the net add is $10M and $11MM and benefit of $8M the last year. Yeah, granted there is little opportunity cost because of what you said, but it feels like a lot now to just get Willie (even though I like him).

I don't know that I would do it for Willie H. I'm arguing that the Bulls shouldn't be worried about attracting free agents for the next few years. And that soaking up a bad contract should be top of their "to do" list if they get a quality asset in return. Whether Wille H qualifies is a different convo.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#1150 » by Lauri_Legend » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Trading a 2nd round pick for Jah would leave us with this for our front court:

Lauri, Niko, Bobby, Lopez, Jahlil Okafor, and possibly 2018 pick (Bagley/Ayton)

It'd be time to let some guys go...like Bobby AND Niko. Maybe even Lopez if we get a good draft pick back.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#1151 » by MC3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

How about Knicks 2018 1st, Noah, Hernangomez and Bulls 2018 2nd for Felicio and Pelicans 2018 2nd? Seems fair to me
Nate3carp
Senior

Post#1152 » by Nate3carp » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:05 am

sco wrote:
greenl wrote:
Nate3carp wrote:I don't think getting Hernangomez is enough of an incentive for me to take Noah's contract (even though it is a year less than Felicio's). He's just getting paid so much. Would hamper our ability to even think about free agents for the next couple years.

Even if we couldn’t sign a free agent, the opportunity cost would be not being able to do a trade for a potentially better asset than Willie H. That can’t be the best asset available for taking on $10mil extra per year in bad contract.
Nate3carp
Senior

Post#1153 » by Nate3carp » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 am

MC3 wrote:

How about Knicks 2018 1st, Noah, Hernangomez and Bulls 2018 2nd for Felicio and Pelicans 2018 2nd? Seems fair to me

I would totally do this, but Knicks would probably feel like they give up too much to have to take Felicio back as well
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#1154 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 am

Go get Okafor.

Make him the scoring 6th man.
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
sco
RealGM

Post#1155 » by sco » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:48 pm

What's going on with Noel and Dallas. If it is a revenge for signing the QO and driving down his FA market value, I kinda like the shark-tank hardball, but I am wondering if it is something else. I would prefer Noel to Okafor, wonder if there is a deal to be done. Dallas is clearly tanking.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,247

Post#1156 » by Dan Z » Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:54 am

sco wrote:What's going on with Noel and Dallas. If it is a revenge for signing the QO and driving down his FA market value, I kinda like the shark-tank hardball, but I am wondering if it is something else. I would prefer Noel to Okafor, wonder if there is a deal to be done. Dallas is clearly tanking.

I believe Carlisle said that Salah Mejri is playing better than Noel so that's why he hasn't had more playing time. But there could be more to it behind the scenes...? I imagine that Dallas isn't going to resign Noel and that he's not part of their future.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1157 » by GimmeDat » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:07 am

Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:What's going on with Noel and Dallas. If it is a revenge for signing the QO and driving down his FA market value, I kinda like the shark-tank hardball, but I am wondering if it is something else. I would prefer Noel to Okafor, wonder if there is a deal to be done. Dallas is clearly tanking.

I believe Carlisle said that Salah Mejri is playing better than Noel so that's why he hasn't had more playing time. But there could be more to it behind the scenes...? I imagine that Dallas isn't going to resign Noel and that he's not part of their future.

They've supposedly been really unhappy with his work ethic and he's carried over some lazy habits from his time held unaccountable during the Sixers rebuilding process.

Pretty crazy to think a guy would turn down 4/72 only to come in lazy next season, though.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#1158 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 5:13 am

Dan Z wrote:

Then they should trade him. Seriously, what the Sixers are doing to the poor kid is ridiculous and poor form. They keep wanting value for him, and yet they are sending out a message to the league that he isn't by not allowing him to play.

Yes, they have the right to do what they are doing, but you pick someone in the lottery, and because he doesn't fit into your future plans now, you basically sit him down, not because he is being disruptive, isn't willing to play basketball, or unwilling to be a good teammate, just because they don't feel they can make play time for him. He isn't THAT bad, and he isn't SO BAD that they can't find time for him.

The only reason this story and pathetic management of the Okafor situation isn't getting more play is because the Sixer are currently the new darlings of the NBA, while the Bryan Colangelo is just ruining a kids basketball career. And what Dallas is doing to Noel isn't all that different to be honest.

Fans and the media moan and grown when players like Durant go to the Warriors making it seem like he stole people children, but when franchises sabotage a players career, it's overlooked and thought of as just business. It angers me.
Why so serious?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1159 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Dec 1, 2017 11:01 am

Hell no. I don't want Noah's crippled ass on this roster.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#1160 » by MC3 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 1:19 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Hell no. I don't want Noah's crippled ass on this roster.

I would do it if Knicks gave us a 2018 1st and we get back our own 2018 2nd. And then I would trade Lopez for late 1st.

Return to Chicago Bulls