Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Re: Trade Thread 

Post#1181 » by Just_Bullz » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:31 pm

Dont see management taking a bad contract due to monetary issues.

There is an element of business at the end of the day.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1182 » by sco » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:17 pm

I'll give the FO some credit in terms of featuring both Holiday and Lopez offensively, with the hope of bolstering their trade value. Sadly, I think the strategy has backfired, as neither guy is an efficient high-volume scorer.

I'm hoping that the D Jordan deal happens soon so that we can go after the runners-up for the RoLo consolation prize. The Bucks are an obvious partner. They have many interesting assets and a gaping hole at C. If there was any way to put a RoLo plus pieces deal together (and they'd have to be juicy pieces) with the Wiz to get Oubre - that would be a huge win.

I read today that Nuggets might be interested in a wing because they stand to lose both Barton and Chandler this offseason. Philly could use a wing defender - I wonder if we could use Holiday to get them to take Felicio's contract in exchange for Okafor.
:clap:
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#1183 » by Nikola » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:58 am

sco wrote:I'll give the FO some credit in terms of featuring both Holiday and Lopez offensively, with the hope of bolstering their trade value. Sadly, I think the strategy has backfired, as neither guy is an efficient high-volume scorer.

I'm hoping that the D Jordan deal happens soon so that we can go after the runners-up for the RoLo consolation prize. The Bucks are an obvious partner. They have many interesting assets and a gaping hole at C. If there was any way to put a RoLo plus pieces deal together (and they'd have to be juicy pieces) with the Wiz to get Oubre - that would be a huge win.

I read today that Nuggets might be interested in a wing because they stand to lose both Barton and Chandler this offseason. Philly could use a wing defender - I wonder if we could use Holiday to get them to take Felicio's contract in exchange for Okafor.

How about Portis+ for Oubre. Wiz aren't taking on salary.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1184 » by WYO » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:04 am

Just_Bullz wrote:Dont see management taking a bad contract due to monetary issues.

There is an element of business at the end of the day.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The Bulls need to hit the minimum amount of salary on players or else they'll essentially pay that extra 15 million or so as a fine to the current roster. The Bulls are in a great spot to take on extra salary and not have it majorly impact their "monetary issues."
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#1185 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:10 am

Bull want a lot of cap space in the Summer. I would be shocked if they take on a bad contract.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1186 » by GimmeDat » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:19 am

As
G Buckets wrote:Bull want a lot of cap space in the Summer. I would be shocked if they take on a bad contract.

As far as I can tell, we have $62mil on the books next season, with the cap being at $99mil.

I'm not sure if the Bulls plan to use much cap this offseason beyond Lavine's extension but taking on a bad contract shouldn't impact any plans greatly.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#1187 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:27 am

GimmeDat wrote:As
G Buckets wrote:Bull want a lot of cap space in the Summer. I would be shocked if they take on a bad contract.

As far as I can tell, we have $62mil on the books next season, with the cap being at $99mil.

I'm not sure if the Bulls plan to use much cap this offseason beyond Lavine's extension but taking on a bad contract shouldn't impact any plans greatly.

I've posted a few times I think they'll try to sign a few vets in the offseason to make a postseason push. Imo, they(GarPax/Jerry) want this rebuild go quickly rather than a long process.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1188 » by GimmeDat » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:47 am

G Buckets wrote:

I've posted a few times I think they'll try to sign a few vets in the offseason to make a postseason push. Imo, they(GarPax/Jerry) want this rebuild go quickly rather than a long process.

I'm sure they'd like to have a shorter rebuild rather than a longer term one, but we're talking about a team that's on pace for like 12 wins. They'll get one quality draft pick that will be great in the long term but not necessarily a game changer in their rookie season, and no difference maker veterans are going to want to come to the worst team in the league. Even, theoretically, if you signed a star player (ala Jimmy Butler), we know from experience we'd be back on the treadmill that the Bulls actively chose not to continue running on with the Butler trade.

I would expect the Bulls to remain in rebuilding mode for another couple of seasons, without adding any win now pieces. Maybe they sign some vets to some short term deals ala the Kings with Vince/Zbo for a bit of a mature presence if they have the space, but you can get that from most bad contracts anyway (Noah, Deng, Mahinmi, etc.).

The Bulls are years off sniffing the playoffs again, I can guarantee you that, and GarPax would know this as well. Just got to #trusttheprocess.
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#1189 » by Nate3carp » Thu Dec 7, 2017 12:37 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
G Buckets wrote:

I'm sure they'd like to have a shorter rebuild rather than a longer term one, but we're talking about a team that's on pace for like 12 wins. They'll get one quality draft pick that will be great in the long term but not necessarily a game changer in their rookie season, and no difference maker veterans are going to want to come to the worst team in the league. Even, theoretically, if you signed a star player (ala Jimmy Butler), we know from experience we'd be back on the treadmill that the Bulls actively chose not to continue running on with the Butler trade.

I would expect the Bulls to remain in rebuilding mode for another couple of seasons, without adding any win now pieces. Maybe they sign some vets to some short term deals ala the Kings with Vince/Zbo for a bit of a mature presence if they have the space, but you can get that from most bad contracts anyway (Noah, Deng, Mahinmi, etc.).

The Bulls are years off sniffing the playoffs again, I can guarantee you that, and GarPax would know this as well. Just got to #trusttheprocess.

The biggest issue I see with this is the roster construction. Let’s say it’s 3 years from now that we can finally contend. That means every player on the team (except Lauri who will be on his last year of rookie scale) will be off their rookie contract. So, we either keep almost none of them or we’ll have no cap space. Lavine will be making $20m, Dunn $10-15, Lauri $7, and the three top 20 picks we’ll have will be making $8-10 each. That’s too much. And Lavine and done will be 27-28 years old. If management plans on a 3 or 4 year rebuild, Lavine needs to be traded (and probably Dunn too)
rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Post#1190 » by rowseyna » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:47 pm

MIL gets: DeAndre Jordan
CHI gets: Jabari Parker, Matthew Dellavedova, $3M (via LAC), & $3M (via MIL)
LAC gets: Thon Maker & $22.6M Trade Exception

Who says no and why?
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1191 » by rowseyna » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:54 pm

LAL gets: Nikola Mirotic, Tyler Zeller, & Nik Stauskas
BKN gets: Luol Deng, Julius Randle, & LAL '20 1st (Top-3 Protected)
CHI gets: Jeremy Lin, Larry Nance, CHI '19 2nd (via LAL), & $3.5M

Who says no and why?
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,724

Post#1192 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:58 pm

LA does. Too steep a price to dump Deng. None of the players they are getting are of value to them (keep in mind that Niko's bird rights go away if he's traded).
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1193 » by rowseyna » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:06 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:LA does. Too steep a price to dump Deng. None of the players they are getting are of value to them (keep in mind that Niko's bird rights go away if he's traded).

I don't know, man. How else are they going to dump Deng (w/o losing any of their top four players). I guess it really depends on how badly they want the cap space. Sure, they wouldn't be getting good players, but they'd be getting enough cap space to go after LBJ and two other All-Stars. That trade allows them to keep Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Clarkson plus enough cap space to go for LBJ and two other All-Stars. I think giving up Randle, Nance, a 1st, and a 2nd to get rid of Deng, have enough cap space for LBJ and two other All-Stars, and keeping your top four young players might be worth it...

Ball
George/Clarkson
Ingram
LeBron/Kuzma
Cousins
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#1194 » by MC3 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:10 pm

Let Lakers worry about their own doom. Ingram, Kuzma or keep Deng. If some fool will trade for less let him be. I dont want Bulls to be that franchise. We already starting get reputation of doing terrible trades for our own benefit.
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1195 » by rowseyna » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:14 pm

MC3 wrote:Let Lakers worry about their own doom. Ingram, Kuzma or keep Deng. If some fool will trade for less let him be. I dont want Bulls to be that franchise. We already starting get reputation of doing terrible trades for our own benefit.

But why would the Bulls be fools for doing that trade? How is that a terrible trade for Chicago?
MC3
RealGM

Post#1196 » by MC3 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:20 pm

rowseyna wrote:
MC3 wrote:Let Lakers worry about their own doom. Ingram, Kuzma or keep Deng. If some fool will trade for less let him be. I dont want Bulls to be that franchise. We already starting get reputation of doing terrible trades for our own benefit.

But why would the Bulls be fools for doing that trade? How is that a terrible trade for Chicago?

Yes it is. Because Randle is expiring. I aint paying Randle big money in FA. And that Lakers pick will be worthless if actually Lakers sign All-Star player let alone two. Specially if they keep Kuzma, Ingram and those two keep improving. You betting on chance Lakers will not improve a inch in next 2 years.
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1197 » by rowseyna » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:21 pm

MC3 wrote:
rowseyna wrote:

Yes it is. Because Randle is expiring. I aint paying Randle big money in FA. And that Lakers pick will be worthless if actually Lakers sign All-Star player let alone two. Specially if they keep Kuzma, Ingram and even those two keep improving. You betting on chance Lakers will not improve a inch in next 2 years.

Brooklyn gets Randle and the LAL pick... not the Bulls.
MC3
RealGM

Post#1198 » by MC3 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:22 pm

Sorry my bad. Didnt read it right... But Brooklyn doesnt do it in this case.
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#1199 » by rowseyna » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:26 pm

MC3 wrote:Sorry my bad. Didnt read it right... But Brooklyn doesnt do it in this case.

And why is that?
MC3
RealGM

Post#1200 » by MC3 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:29 pm

rowseyna wrote:
MC3 wrote:Sorry my bad. Didnt read it right... But Brooklyn doesnt do it in this case.

And why is that?

They dont have capspace to sign Randle. They already made several dump player deals over years so they dont have enough capspace going forward (Crabbe, Carroll, Mozgov) without going into luxury to absorb Deng deal let alone sign Randle on extension. And in meantime they need to extend Russell given he will be also eligible for extension.

Return to Chicago Bulls