Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Re: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 

Post#541 » by sco » Sat Aug 5, 2017 1:43 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Dwyane Wade for Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza?

Would rather keep Wade.

I'd do Wade, Payne and RoLo for Anderson, Capella and a 1st.
:clap:
Drellberg
Pro Prospect
And1: 182

Post#542 » by Drellberg » Sun Aug 6, 2017 7:53 pm

Vis-a-vis the Cavs, the bulls' ace in the hole is not to offer up Wade in a trade, but rather to offer up Wade on the cheap. Bulls can do this because they want to lose games whereas Cavs want to win. Also, I think Irving will be much harder for the Cavs to trade than most folks think. This remains an open question: Without LeBron, is he as good as advertised?

So specifically, if KI remains untraded, then in December I propose for the bulls to step in with this trade idea:

Bulls In: Kyrie Irving (PG) and Edy Tavares (C)

Bulls Out: Bobby Portis (PF), R. Lopez (C), K. Dunn (PG), One Lottery-Protected 1st round pick in 2019 and Wade via buyout.

Bulls agree to buy out Wade for, say, $18M (prorated) with Cleveland picking him up for roughly $5M.

The deal works except that Dunn can’t be included until December, which explains the wait. If the Cavs will take another player, then the deal could be offered up sooner, but the idea is to have this in the back of everyone's mind now in case Irving proves hard to move.

LeBron has known that he does not have the roster to beat Golden State. By December he is sick of it all and wants to: 1) dump Irving, making him look as bad as possible (ie couldn’t command much); 2) get past the Celtics to keep his finals streak alive and at least get a plausible shot at GS; and 2) be able to leave Cleveland at season’s end without crippling the franchise. The deal puts Dunn-Rose-Wade-JRSmith-Shumpert into the backcourt, which is quite serviceable and a reasonable short-term workaround for losing K Irving.

The deal gives Cleveland a huge frontcourt upgrade even short-term. Even though the Cavs likely keep Love and T.Thompson in their starting roles, the Portis/Lopez combo together give the Cavs 30-35 minutes of very good back up. Indeed, the front court will have so much depth that perhaps Lopez (or the Cavs’ Channing) goes to a third team in return for who knows what. No rush on the latter – it could happen later.

Meanwhile, LBJ can feel less guilty about leaving the Cavs at season’s end, since the deal brings in three quality young players … Dunn, Portis, and an early-teens pick in the 2019 draft.

Dan Gilbert loves the deal for the same reasons. Lopez, Dunn, and Portis all three have contracts that extend at least one year beyond LeBron leaving. Portis in particular is on a great contract. Gilbert in terms of sheer numbers gains four quality players immediately while giving up only one, plus a future first-rounder, plus essentially zero overall impact on his bloated payroll. He is also assured of having a young and competent starting lineup post-LeBron at every position. On the other hand, if LeBron has any interest at all in sticking around, the prospect of keeping Wade on a good contract the following season gets both LeBron and Gilbert excited.

The bulls save $ on Wade, gain at most a small number of wins (cuz Irving coming in will be offset by the combo of Wade/Lopez/Portis leaving and a devastated bulls front court), move Markkanen into a starting role, still earn a high lottery pick next summer, secure the first of the max players in Irving that they will need to become a contender, make a more compelling case to Lavine to stick around, and make Chicago much more appealing to the summer 2018 FA class. Put differently, they gain Irving and clear out literally all of the roster spots that they actually want to get rid of, though of course at the expense of Dunn (meh) and Portis (modest bummer).

Going into fall 2018, the bulls’ starting lineup is at least this good: Irving (26 yrs, PG), Lavine (23 yrs, SG), Valentine (24yrs, SF), Markkanen (21 yrs, PF), and Felicio (26 yrs, C). Somewhere in here the bulls can add one very good FA, a lottery pick, and Niko for their 8-man rotation. This is a very young team that in the east can win 35-40 games in 2018-2019.

Irving is all in: He has to ride out one bad half-season that obvious to the entire world is not his fault. He’s the cornerstone of a storied franchise in a big market. He has several promising young teammates and a FO promise of a quick upward trajectory that Irving can take credit for launching.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#543 » by sportscrazy » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:30 pm

If the Bulls were to take Joakim Noah's abysmal contract in return for Dwyane Wade's expiring contract, is Frank Ntilikina enough value to make that deal work?

Ntilikina and Noah for Wade?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#544 » by MrSparkle » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:53 pm

sportscrazy wrote:If the Bulls were to take Joakim Noah's abysmal contract in return for Dwyane Wade's expiring contract, is Frank Ntilikina enough value to make that deal work?

I don't think that's worth the Knicks' time. Noah is an albatross, but the possibility of Ntilikina being a top-10 PG to build around long-term with Porzingis trumps that. Wade and Melo losing 50+ games would be a horrible "sell" for their far superior pals Lebron and Paul.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#545 » by sportscrazy » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:03 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:If the Bulls were to take Joakim Noah's abysmal contract in return for Dwyane Wade's expiring contract, is Frank Ntilikina enough value to make that deal work?

I don't think that's worth the Knicks' time. Noah is an albatross, but the possibility of Ntilikina being a top-10 PG to build around long-term with Porzingis trumps that. Wade and Melo losing 50+ games would be a horrible "sell" for their far superior pals Lebron and Paul.

Where would you draw the line in terms of minimal asset required to do a Noah for Wade swap?

Let's use a 2018 Protected First Round Pick, at which point of protection does it become no deal?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#546 » by MrSparkle » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:14 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

Where would you draw the line in terms of minimal asset required to do a Noah for Wade swap?

Let's use a 2018 Protected First Round Pick, at which point of protection does it become no deal?

Personally I think it's a dangerous game banking on a protected pick, especially from an eastern conference team.

I think the Knicks are going to be better this year, and a dark-horse late playoff seed. They got faster and better by letting Rose go (and with their draft pick), THJ is gonna be an upgrade on the wings, and their young pieces are gonna be a little better (Porzingis, Kuzminskas, Hermangomez).

If NYK frees up that Noah money, they have room to improve really fast, especially after Melo's salary expires next summer.

Personally as a Bulls fan, I would accept Noah and Ntilikina as opposed to a protected 2018 pick, because I think he has better ceiling than Dunn.

I'd need that Knicks 2018 pick unprotected to do the deal, because I don't see them being bottom-5 bad, so I'd hope to bank on them winning the lottery draw.

And I know that it's impossible that NYK would give up either just for taking Noah, unless they had Lebron and Paul ready to sign contracts the same day, in which case they'll gladly give you all the unprotected picks you want. :lol:
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#547 » by MadGrinch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:21 pm

how about trading kuzminskas for jerian grant ?

with mike beasley , Kuz is the odd man out but he can play , he's a big 3 at 6'9 and plays a style that fits hoiberg's offense plus since the bulls have acquired cameron payne and kris dunn , 3 point guards on their rookie deals all gunning for the same spot is a potential nightmare more importantly the bulls dont really have a true 3 on the roster if they dont do a deal they will either be forced to resign mirotic and then play him there (although he is a better fit at the 3 ) or try zipster and valentine there and while zipster is 6'8 its more likely he should be groomed for a back up at this stage

for the knicks grant fits a role as a pass 1st point guard who is defense oriented and is 2 guard sized , hornacek like to run 2 point guard line ups and with beasley kuzminkas is an extra player who doesnt have a defined role (melo is a primary scorer , thomas is defender and beasley is an offensive player as is kuz although kuz looks to be a better defender than beasley)

its a trade that alleviates a glut for both teams while potentially filling a hole
Its because I'm green isn't it?
sco
RealGM

Post#548 » by sco » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:43 pm

MadGrinch wrote:how about trading kuzminskas for jerian grant ?

with mike beasley , Kuz is the odd man out but he can play , he's a big 3 at 6'9 and plays a style that fits hoiberg's offense plus since the bulls have acquired cameron payne and kris dunn , 3 point guards on their rookie deals all gunning for the same spot is a potential nightmare more importantly the bulls dont really have a true 3 on the roster if they dont do a deal they will either be forced to resign mirotic and then play him there (although he is a better fit at the 3 ) or try zipster and valentine there and while zipster is 6'8 its more likely he should be groomed for a back up at this stage

for the knicks grant fits a role as a pass 1st point guard who is defense oriented and is 2 guard sized , hornacek like to run 2 point guard line ups and with beasley kuzminkas is an extra player who doesnt have a defined role (melo is a primary scorer , thomas is defender and beasley is an offensive player as is kuz although kuz looks to be a better defender than beasley)

its a trade that alleviates a glut for both teams while potentially filling a hole

I like Kuz. I'd trade him for Grant.

I'd still like to find a package that lands us NY's 1st this or next year (not protected) or Hernangomez. I think they need an elite defender next to KP, to make things work and Hernangomez isn't that. I'd be fine taking Noah or Melo to do it. NY isn't in tank mode and would really benefit from RoLo.
sco
RealGM

Post#549 » by sco » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 am

Update:

I see NY/Houston looking for 3rd team to take Ryan Anderson. Asking price has been 2 1sts, which NY and Hou don't want.

I wonder if we could do Wade/RoLo into deal. I'd be happy with 1 1st plus Capella or Hernangomez back.
3noD
Sixth Man
And1: 562

Post#550 » by 3noD » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 am

rowseyna wrote:CHI gets: Jahlil Okafor
PHI gets: David Nwaba and Cameron Payne

Dunn/Grant/Arcidiacono
Wade/LaVine/Blakeney
Holiday/Zipser/Valentine
Mirotic/Portis/Markkanen
Lopez/Felicio/Okafor

I like it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
3noD
Sixth Man
And1: 562

Post#551 » by 3noD » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:10 am

I hear Phoenix is willing to trade Bledsoe, Bender and 2018 1st to CLE for Kyrie. If we can give away a player (Lopez) to CLE, in exchange for that 2018 1st, sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#552 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 am

3noD wrote:
rowseyna wrote:CHI gets: Jahlil Okafor
PHI gets: David Nwaba and Cameron Payne

Dunn/Grant/Arcidiacono
Wade/LaVine/Blakeney
Holiday/Zipser/Valentine
Mirotic/Portis/Markkanen
Lopez/Felicio/Okafor

I like it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Doesnt make sense to aquire Okafor with Lopez and Felicio here.. also Nwaba should stay..
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#553 » by N.O.R.E. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 pm

What does everyone think about playing facilitator in a blockbuster deal?

Cavs deal: Kyrie, Love, Tristan Thompson, Frye, Shump, RJ
get: Marc Gasol, Conley, Dragan Bender, Tony Allen (S&T), B.Wright (EC), approx $10 million TE / instant cap savings / Space to sign Wade??

M.Gasol/B.Wright/Tavares
Bender/Jeff Green/LeBron
LeBron/Korver/Osman
JR/Wade/T.Allen
Conley/D.Rose/Calderon or Felder

The Cavs go all out for a championship, improving immensely on the defensive end and picking up 2 stars with high basketball IQ's. Bender is a nice prospect and potential Love replacement. The savings allow the Cavs to sign Wade (as another poster suggested above, perhaps for $5 million and taking a wee discount on the buy out). If LeBron is locked in defensively, and JR, Korver and Bender can knock down open shots this team could be pretty damn impressive on both ends of the floor. This is in no way addition by subtraction, I just think the Cavs would benefit surrounding LeBron with mature vets with a backbone.

Grizz deal: Gasol, Conley, B.Wright, T.Allen (S&T)
get: Kyrie, Tristan Thompson, Frye (EC), Shump, $3million(+whatever T.Allen signs for) TE

TT/Frye/D.Davis
J.Green/J.Martin/Rabb?
Parsons (if ever healthy)/Shump/Ennis
Tyreke/T.Daniels/Mclemore (already injured IIRC)
Kyrie/Chalmers/Baldwin or Harrison

The Grizz make the tough decision to get younger and rebuild for the future. This deal lands them a highly marketable star to build around but keeps them bad enough to potentially land a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. They save money now and in the future, and somewhat reset expectations while winding down a year on some of the bad contracts (Parsons #1).

Suns deal: Bender, M. Chriss, TJ Warren, T. Chandler, B.Knight
get: Kevin Love, Robin Lopez, Valentine, Cam Payne

Rolo/Len?
Love/A.Williams
Jackson/Dudley/Jones Jr
Booker/Valentine/E.Millsap
Bledsoe/Ulis/Payne

The Suns make a consolidation deal upgrading the frontcourt considerably with pieces who would fit great alongside some of the young studs.

Bulls deal: Robin Lopez, TE from Jimmy deal, Valentine, Cam Payne
get: M.Chriss, TJ Warren, Brandon Knight, Tyson Chandler, RJ

T.Chandler/Felicio/Chriss
Chriss/Portis/Lauri
Warren/Zipser/RJ? (shudder)
Lavine (Injured)/B.Knight/J.Holiday/Blakeney
Dunn/J.Grant/Nwaba

We make a lateral trade taking on more salary if we think Chriss in particular has a good chance to deliver on his potential. Warren could be a nice scorer/tank commander at a position of dire need, as could seasoned loser Brandon Knight.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#554 » by NYG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 pm

sco wrote:Update:

I see NY/Houston looking for 3rd team to take Ryan Anderson. Asking price has been 2 1sts, which NY and Hou don't want.

I wonder if we could do Wade/RoLo into deal. I'd be happy with 1 1st plus Capella or Hernangomez back.

Maybe not getting Capela or Hernangomez, but also not having to take back Ryan Anderson?

Four Team deal with Knicks, Thunder, Rockets and Bulls...

Bulls trade Dwyane Wade for Jerami Grant, Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler and top 20 protected 2020 Rockets 1st?
sco
RealGM

Post#555 » by sco » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 pm

NYG wrote:
sco wrote:Update:

Maybe not getting Capela or Hernangomez, but also not having to take back Ryan Anderson?

Four Team deal with Knicks, Thunder, Rockets and Bulls...

Bulls trade Dwyane Wade for Jerami Grant, Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler and top 20 protected 2020 Rockets 1st?

Anderson isn't so bad to take back. I'd rather have Anderson, Capella and a late/future 1st than Wade/Rolo/Niko (cuz we could just let him walk). Anderson could be an asset/filler in 2 years, and he's not gonna whine if he's benched.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#556 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:15 pm

We already have 3 stretch fours assuming we keep Mirotic. We don't need another with an awful contract
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#557 » by xpmar9x » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm still looking to trade Wade. I feel like something will come available around headline. He's a huge expiring and we should be willing to take on future $ for assets. Ryno is a good example, as said b4 2 1sts would get it done, would that mean we'd let Miro walk? Other ideas:

Wade to Nawlins for 1 or 2 of: Solomon Hill, E'Twaun Moore, Omer Asik, or Ajinca + future 1st.

New Orleans would have a solid 4 w/ Holiday, Wade, AD, and Boogie + Rondo off the bench. West is tough, but they could make a playoff push. Bulls take on future salary, while landing a future 1st. The protection on the pick will be the biggest thing.

DWade to Lakers still seems possible if we take Deng back. Package with either Clarkson or Randle & protected future pick.

Can't think of many other teams willing to give up assets on Wade.
sco
RealGM

Post#558 » by sco » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 pm

xpmar9x wrote:I'm still looking to trade Wade. I feel like something will come available around headline. He's a huge expiring and we should be willing to take on future $ for assets. Ryno is a good example, as said b4 2 1sts would get it done, would that mean we'd let Miro walk? Other ideas:

Wade to Nawlins for 1 or 2 of: Solomon Hill, E'Twaun Moore, Omer Asik, or Ajinca + future 1st.

New Orleans would have a solid 4 w/ Holiday, Wade, AD, and Boogie + Rondo off the bench. West is tough, but they could make a playoff push. Bulls take on future salary, while landing a future 1st. The protection on the pick will be the biggest thing.

DWade to Lakers still seems possible if we take Deng back. Package with either Clarkson or Randle & protected future pick.

Can't think of many other teams willing to give up assets on Wade.

Still hoping we can include him in a Kyrie 3-way deal to land a bad contract and a pick.

Another poster noted that we can do CLE a favor via a buyout that (perhaps) could be linked to another deal.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#559 » by Dan Z » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:03 pm

MadGrinch wrote:how about trading kuzminskas for jerian grant ?

I do that trade, but I'm not sure if the Knicks do.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#560 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:31 pm

I don't know why you people want to trade Grant so bad. He's probably the 3rd best young player on the team.

Return to Chicago Bulls