Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,438

Re: Trade idea: Portis for Okafor 

Post#661 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 11:14 am

I dont know if it is necessary. I agree like you said we have a log jam at PF but from what a lot of people on here are believing and what has been shown so far this offseason, Portis very well could be the starter and the best of the 3 currently. I would take Okafor for a limited role but i dont know if i'd be willing to shop Portis for him.

With that being said, if we acquired him without sending a big our log jam becomes even bigger unfortunately. I would've been more keen to do this earlier in the offseason and not sign Niko, instead send Payne/2nd or something of the sorts.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,061

Post#662 » by MrSparkle » Mon Oct 2, 2017 4:51 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:I dont know if it is necessary. I agree like you said we have a log jam at PF but from what a lot of people on here are believing and what has been shown so far this offseason, Portis very well could be the starter and the best of the 3 currently. I would take Okafor for a limited role but i dont know if i'd be willing to shop Portis for him.

With that being said, if we acquired him without sending a big our log jam becomes even bigger unfortunately. I would've been more keen to do this earlier in the offseason and not sign Niko, instead send Payne/2nd or something of the sorts.

Emeka Okafor? :oops:

But seriously, at this point, I genuinely believe that Portis has a better NBA career ahead of him that Jahlil. I would rather get killed on defense and have a 3P shooter whose eyes appear to be popping out of his head crazy style.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter

Post#663 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 5:53 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:I dont know if it is necessary. I agree like you said we have a log jam at PF but from what a lot of people on here are believing and what has been shown so far this offseason, Portis very well could be the starter and the best of the 3 currently. I would take Okafor for a limited role but i dont know if i'd be willing to shop Portis for him.

Emeka Okafor? :oops:

But seriously, at this point, I genuinely believe that Portis has a better NBA career ahead of him that Jahlil. I would rather get killed on defense and have a 3P shooter whose eyes appear to be popping out of his head crazy style.

Completely agree, at this point unless Jahlil Okafor has a massive change in mindset, i think he has peaked...Portis is improving slowly but steadily.

In a perfect world i would say send Lopez and Mirotic each out for a 1st in the next two years. Portis becomes the starter, Lauri the back up (or vice-versa), Felicio is the starter for limited time, trade Payne/2nd or Payne and one of the 1sts you aquired for Okafor.

Then see what happens with them as they progress.

Dunn/Lavine/Zipser/Portis/Okafor
Grant/holiday/Valentine/Lauri/Felicio
etc
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Re: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 

Post#664 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 10:33 pm

Nate3carp wrote:
MC3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder if this is something Bulls could do. Do Cavs have future 2nd round picks?

It looks like they have no 2nd round picks in 2018, less favorable of Minnesota or LA Lakers in 2019, and Miami's in 2020. I don't know if any of those is enough for me to want to help the enemy out.

Are they really our enemy though? Our main enemies now are the other teams in the hunt for the top picks next year
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#665 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:00 am

No way I'd trade Bobby for Portis. Seems like some people still a bit tied in to the pre-draft Okafor hype.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,220

Post#666 » by Dan Z » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:35 am

GimmeDat wrote:No way I'd trade Bobby for Portis. Seems like some people still a bit tied in to the pre-draft Okafor hype.

I'm not sure if I agree, Bobby for Portis would be a fair trade IMO.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#667 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:43 am

Dan Z wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:No way I'd trade Bobby for Portis. Seems like some people still a bit tied in to the pre-draft Okafor hype.

That's the 2nd time I've written something stupid on here today :nonono:

Bobby for Portis sounds pretty equal, on second thought. But yeah, wouldn't do Bobby for Okafor.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Post#668 » by kodo » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:43 am

A Okafor for Bobby swap doesn't get you much except bragging rights about a higher pick player.

Both are equally good near the rim.
Okafor: 69.8%
Bobby: 69.0%
And Bobby is a much better rebounder. He averages 10.7 boards per 36, Okafor is 7.6 per 36.

It's one thing to have a slow center who can't defend or shoot, but one that doesn't rebound either really kills it for me.

That whole package just sounds like Eddy Curry.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#669 » by sco » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:39 pm

Yeah, Okafor isn't a good pairing with Lauri. We need a rim protector now.

That said, I'd trade Grant for him. We have too many guards. After we trade Rolo, Okafor could compete with Cris.
:clap:
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#670 » by GimmeDat » Wed Oct 4, 2017 2:43 am

Watching that pre-season game reinforced to me that the Pelicans depth and shooting is simply not good enough. Makes me think back to that deal I proposed a week or so ago. I've tweaked it to account for Mirotic's new deal -

Mirotic/Valentine/Zipser for Diallo/Hill/Jackson/2nd

Then, to steal a deal proposed by a Magic fan on the trade board (with a slight tweak) -

Bismack/OKC 1st/Hezonja for RoLo

That would leave us with -

Dunn/Grant/Jackson
LaVine/Blakeney
Holiday/Hezonja/Pondexter (Hill out injured)
Markkanen/Portis
Biyombo/Felicio/Diallo

With an extra 1st and 2nd rounder to our name.

Pelicans have -

Rondo/Clark
Holiday/Moore
Cunningham/Valentine/Zipser
Davis/Mirotic
Cousins/Ajinca

And of course Orlando get out of BB's terrible deal, with Speights and Isaac taking the backup C minutes between them.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,220

Post#671 » by Dan Z » Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:59 am

GimmeDat wrote:Watching that pre-season game reinforced to me that the Pelicans depth and shooting is simply not good enough. Makes me think back to that deal I proposed a week or so ago. I've tweaked it to account for Mirotic's new deal -

Mirotic/Valentine/Zipser for Diallo/Hill/Jackson/2nd

Then, to steal a deal proposed by a Magic fan on the trade board (with a slight tweak) -

Bismack/OKC 1st/Hezonja for RoLo

That would leave us with -

Dunn/Grant/Jackson
LaVine/Blakeney
Holiday/Hezonja/Pondexter (Hill out injured)
Markkanen/Portis
Biyombo/Felicio/Diallo

With an extra 1st and 2nd rounder to our name.

Pelicans have -

Rondo/Clark
Holiday/Moore
Cunningham/Valentine/Zipser
Davis/Mirotic
Cousins/Ajinca

And of course Orlando get out of BB's terrible deal, with Speights and Isaac taking the backup C minutes between them.

I think I'd be okay with both these trades. How does it effect our cap space?

Biyombo is a limited player, but can be good at times.

How good do you think Frank Jackson will be going forward? He's out for the entire season...correct?
Habs72
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#672 » by Habs72 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 4:38 pm

sco
RealGM

Post#673 » by sco » Thu Oct 5, 2017 8:20 pm

He couldn't beat out Rose...how good can he be?

Seriously though, I think he's one of those Summer League heroes who's upside is a back-up PG. I vote no. I would rather give Grant and Dunn the full year and all of the minutes so that we can determine if either guy a true starter. If neither, we try to dump either/both of them, and start over next year.
sco
RealGM

Post#674 » by sco » Thu Oct 5, 2017 8:24 pm

I see that Batum is likely out for the year. I wonder if we can offer-up Holiday?
Habs72
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#675 » by Habs72 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 9:29 pm

sco wrote:

Seriously though, I think he's one of those Summer League heroes who's upside is a back-up PG. I vote no. I would rather give Grant and Dunn the full year and all of the minutes so that we can determine if either guy a true starter. If neither, we try to dump either/both of them, and start over next year.

He has lots of similarities with IT, has 44" vertical and is quite feisty and bouncy. High energy guy. Could be good in the PG mix with Grant and Dunn over the other PGs that we have atm.
sco
RealGM

Post#676 » by sco » Thu Oct 5, 2017 9:35 pm

Habs72 wrote:
sco wrote:

He has lots of similarities with IT, has 44" vertical and is quite feisty and bouncy. High energy guy. Could be good in the PG mix with Grant and Dunn over the other PGs that we have atm.

I hear you, but honestly, I'd rather just give our guys every chance to show improvement this year. If they aren't stars, flush 'em, but at least we'll have thoroughly vetted them. I'd rather try Valentine out there before Felder.
sco
RealGM

Post#677 » by sco » Sat Oct 7, 2017 2:37 pm

I have lost confidence we'll be able to even get a 2nd rounder back for Niko or Bobby at this point, so on to the next guys:

Holiday - I love him...honestly he was the best player in the Rose trade. Wish we kept him and didn't sign Wade - we coulda been been great. That said, I think if we feature him this season next to Lavine, and some contender needs a 3-D wing, we may get a late or future 1st in return. Like RoLo, I'd rather keep him instead of getting a 2nd back because they are the sorta guys you want to keep into their 30's as bench guys.

Felicio - I am really disappointed that he came into this season fat - After landing a fat contract. He is enough of a curiosity with those quick feet and soft hands that some contender needing a back-up C might bite. That contract isn't so bad as to be toxic, but I'd rather look to G-Leaguers or another bad contract to fill C minutes and have those $ available in 2 years when we may want to pull out of the tank. I hope we give him 20 min per game to pump up his value.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#678 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 2:17 am

Dan Z wrote:

One could argue that in a jakyl/Hyde situation, Bobby (sane/plays under control) for Portis (crazy eyes/plays out of control low bball IQ) is a bad trade. :wink:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#679 » by WYO » Mon Oct 9, 2017 7:35 am

GimmeDat wrote:If Utah has a good season and Mitchell balls out and cuts Exum's PT, maybe Grant + something for Exum? It sounds like just a matter of time until he's gone from the Jazz if you go on their board and hear how the coaches etc. feel.

That's a super buy low candidate but he's had a very interrupted first few seasons and I think showed glimpses of better play.

I wonder if Utah would be willing to move on from Exum after another major injury.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter

Post#680 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 am

I think we just need to have a constant revolving door the next few years...we got holiday via free agency, let him show off his talents for a few months and trade for a young or pick.

Same goes for Mirotic, RoLo, Felicio, Bobby, Grant, Payne...

I'd still like to take a shot on Valentine and Zipser but that will probably change in the next few weeks.

Only ones on our current 15 man roster i dont think we should consider trading this year are Dunn, Lavine and Lauri...and even those i'd consider for the price being right.

This is just the time where everyone should be on tryout basis and if we dont think they are atleast a solid starting role player in the NBA then give them the boot asap.

Return to Chicago Bulls