Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA : 2017/18 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Around the NBA : Off season edition 

Post#861 » by TheStig » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:
Walton wanted to use him like Draymond Green

That doesn't make him Draymond Green.

He doesn't need to be Draymond. This is what he referring to.

A 4 who can playmake like draymond allows the offense to be inverted.

I totally expect more players like this to be useful to the league. Diversification of offense

Well they inverted into the 23rd ranked offsense last year.

To be clear, I agree with the principle, just not the application of it with Randle.
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#862 » by Axxo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Dont know if this was posted yet but Cavs are imploding....
https://www.thescore.com/news/1341737
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#863 » by Dan Z » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 am

Axxo wrote:Dont know if this was posted yet but Cavs are imploding....

That's crazy. Has there been commercials like that for a player in the past? I know Cleveland burned LeBron's jersey when he left, but that was a different situation.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#864 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:20 am

That's **** up.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#865 » by Axxo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:23 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Axxo wrote:Dont know if this was posted yet but Cavs fare imploding....

That's crazy. Has there been commercials like that for a player in the past? I know Cleveland burned LeBron's jersey when he left, but that was a different situation.

I was wondering the same thing. I have never seen one. Let alone a commercial excoriating a star player while he is still on the roster....
TheStig
RealGM

Post#866 » by TheStig » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 pm

Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Axxo wrote:Dont know if this was posted yet but Cavs fare imploding....

I was wondering the same thing. I have never seen one. Let alone a commercial excoriating a star player while he is still on the roster....

It's going to be awkward trying to get that training camp interview from Kyrie lmao
Axxo
Analyst

Post#867 » by Axxo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 pm

TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

It's going to be awkward trying to get that training camp interview from Kyrie lmao

Yep, and what potential impact does this have on Kyrie's trade value?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#868 » by Ice Man » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:24 pm

When LeBron goes (sooner rather than later, I hope) it's going to be fun watching Cleveland lose, year after year after year. This is one crappy franchise, rotten from the top down, saved only by LeBron's birth location from being the Kings of the East.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#869 » by TheStig » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:

I don't really buy into that. Kyrie is a 25 year old star. The bigger impact on Kyrie's trade value is his list of teams. I'm sure the Cavs would love to trade Kyrie for Eric Bledsoe and Josh Jackson or trading him to Boston for IT and Nets pick. But not being on his list will hold that up. Now they are stuck with the Knicks (who won't give up KP) SA who has nothing to offer, Miami for Dragic and Winslow or the Wolves that can top any offer but I don't know if they should deal wiggins. If the Wolves can get him for Teague, unprotected 1st and such, it's worth it.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#870 » by TheStig » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Ice Man wrote:When LeBron goes (sooner rather than later, I hope) it's going to be fun watching Cleveland lose, year after year after year. This is one crappy franchise, rotten from the top down, saved only by LeBron's birth location from being the Kings of the East.

I feel bad for the fans but Griffin is one cheap buffoon.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#871 » by Axxo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:42 pm

TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:It's going to be awkward trying to get that training camp interview from Kyrie lmao

I don't really buy into that. Kyrie is a 25 year old star. The bigger impact on Kyrie's trade value is his list of teams. I'm sure the Cavs would love to trade Kyrie for Eric Bledsoe and Josh Jackson or trading him to Boston for IT and Nets pick. But not being on his list will hold that up. Now they are stuck with the Knicks (who won't give up KP) SA who has nothing to offer, Miami for Dragic and Winslow or the Wolves that can top any offer but I don't know if they should deal wiggins. If the Wolves can get him for Teague, unprotected 1st and such, it's worth it.

If the Cavs don't get Wiggins in the deal with Teague and the 1st they'd consider that selling low. If they had to settle for that it would have to mean the market for Kyrie dropped.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#872 » by TheStig » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:

If the Cavs don't get Wiggins in the deal with Teague and the 1st they'd consider that selling low. If they had to settle for that it would have to mean the market for Kyrie dropped.

I think Teague and Wiggins are right around Irving's value. Maybe even a little more. Irving is a top 20 player. He plays no D.

Teague is a high caliber starter and Wiggins is likely an allstar in the east. If not this year than next. A 1st would be overpaying.

If the Cavs got Teague and Wiggins, they'd be a better team.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#873 » by Axxo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm

TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:I don't really buy into that. Kyrie is a 25 year old star. The bigger impact on Kyrie's trade value is his list of teams. I'm sure the Cavs would love to trade Kyrie for Eric Bledsoe and Josh Jackson or trading him to Boston for IT and Nets pick. But not being on his list will hold that up. Now they are stuck with the Knicks (who won't give up KP) SA who has nothing to offer, Miami for Dragic and Winslow or the Wolves that can top any offer but I don't know if they should deal wiggins. If the Wolves can get him for Teague, unprotected 1st and such, it's worth it.

I think Teague and Wiggins are right around Irving's value. Maybe even a little more. Irving is a top 20 player. He plays no D.

Teague is a high caliber starter and Wiggins is likely an allstar in the east. If not this year than next. A 1st would be overpaying.

I agree that Kyrie plays no defense and in addition he is a ball hog. He is considered one of the best ball handlers and under the rim finishers in the game however and is the "would be" face of the franchise for CLE if LBJ left. That being said taking a 1st back from an improved t-wolves team might not yield a top lottery pick. Therefore they dont get back a player they could dub the new face. If they had to take less in that deal I'd think they would take Wiggins and Teague minus the pick b/c they need a wing and a PG at minimum.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#874 » by TheStig » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:If the Cavs don't get Wiggins in the deal with Teague and the 1st they'd consider that selling low. If they had to settle for that it would have to mean the market for Kyrie dropped.

I agree that Kyrie plays no defense and in addition he is a ball hog. He is considered one of the best ball handlers and under the rim finishers in the game however and is the "would be" face of the franchise for CLE if LBJ left. That being said taking a 1st back from an improved t-wolves team might not yield a top lottery pick. Therefore they dont get back a player they could dub the new face. If they had to take less in that deal I'd think they would take Wiggins and Teague minus the pick b/c they need a wing and a PG at minimum.

Honestly, if I'm Minny. I don't think I'd do Teague and Wiggins. They have Kat and Butler who are good ISO scorers. Wiggins is a good 3rd option and has more potential on D.

Teague also plays both sides of the ball. He will be really good pushing the pace and being the 4th option on that team.

If I were Minny, I'd do Teague, Dieng or Gibson and unprotected 1st for Kyrie and Fyre. Or Kyrie for Teague and 2 1sts.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#875 » by Southpaw » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:10 pm

This is stupid! They can't even wait for him to get traded before they start trashing him?
Axxo
Analyst

Post#876 » by Axxo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:22 pm

TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:I think Teague and Wiggins are right around Irving's value. Maybe even a little more. Irving is a top 20 player. He plays no D.

Honestly, if I'm Minny. I don't think I'd do Teague and Wiggins. They have Kat and Butler who are good ISO scorers. Wiggins is a good 3rd option and has more potential on D.

Teague also plays both sides of the ball. He will be really good pushing the pace and being the 4th option on that team.

If I were Minny, I'd do Teague, Dieng or Gibson and unprotected 1st for Kyrie and Fyre. Or Kyrie for Teague and 2 1sts.

I could see them taking that if Pho doesn't offer Jackson with Bledsoe and the 1st rounder. Denver might be able to beat those options with Chandler, Murray or Harris and a 1st if they also take back one of CLEs bad contracts.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#877 » by Axxo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Southpaw wrote:

This is stupid! They can't even wait for him to get traded before they start trashing Cavs him?

Nope and they already started burning their Kyrie jerseys.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#878 » by sco » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Diamond Stone - C - Hawks
The Hawks have waived center Diamond Stone
Stone wasn't great at the Summer League, but he is only 20 years old and it's a little surprising he wasn't able to stick around on the rebuilding Hawks. Atlanta is now left with Dewayne Dedmon, Mike Muscala and Miles Plumlee at center. At the very least, Stone should get an invite to an NBA training camp.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I liked the little I saw of this kid...And that name is awesome!
:clap:
TheStig
RealGM

Post#879 » by TheStig » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm

Axxo wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Axxo wrote:

I could see them taking that if Pho doesn't offer Jackson with Bledsoe and the 1st rounder. Denver might be able to beat those options with Chandler, Murray or Harris and a 1st if they also take back one of CLEs bad contracts.

I don't think you have to necessairly have the best offer anymore. Offers are watered down because guys don't want to play on the bad teams that can offer a lot or don't have a star.

That's why I don't think he'll end up in PHX or Denver.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#880 » by kodo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:

That's **** up.

You have to be tough to thrive here.

And if you don't want to be part of our story, that's fine. This city belongs to The King. ...

That's going to be awkward when Lebron leaves...

Return to Chicago Bulls