Image ImageImage Image

Bulls sign Cristiano Felicio to 4 yr $32 million deal

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Re: Bulls sign Cristiano Felicio to 4 yr $32 million deal 

Post#401 » by theanimal23 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:37 am

I rather not have Felicio than overpay him for $8 million. And I'm not in favor of keeping Mirotic for any price.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#402 » by samwana » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 am

Read on Twitter
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#403 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Hey for less money the bulls could have signed nerlens noel. His qualifying over is only 5.8 mil for one year.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#404 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Hey for less money the bulls could have signed nerlens noel. His qualifying over is only 5.8 mil for one year.

You can't sign another team's free agent to their qualifying offer.

Noel wants a max deal.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#405 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 pm

samwana wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cost $20 per box
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#406 » by bulls4ever » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 pm

If given minutes and start job, Felicio will ne the main candidate for most improved player.
Felicio is gold
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#407 » by sco » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 pm

bulls4ever wrote:If given minutes and start job, Felicio will ne the main candidate for most improved player.
Felicio is gold

If my math is correct (and it may not be), if Felicio was made of gold, he'd only be worth $4M. So you better hope he's 8x better than gold!
:clap:
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#408 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:59 pm

4yrs 32mil for doing absolutely nothing!!!

Take that 8mil off the Bulls books an we have almost 30mil in free agency cap space this summer!

Cant believe how many bulls fans agreed with this awful deal
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Chitownbulls
General Manager

Post#409 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:Tyler Zeller can do what Felicio does and he's still available lol

Signing Felicio Day 1 an then telling us its all about being flexible is about as hypritocal as it gets.

What happens when an unexpected player becomes available?

YUUUUUUUUUUUP
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#410 » by MGB8 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:4yrs 32mil for doing absolutely nothing!!!

Take that 8mil off the Bulls books an we have almost 30mil in free agency cap space this summer!

Or argued that it wouldn't have any impact.... how much impact would an extra 8 million in cap space have right now.... :(
Chitownbulls
General Manager

Post#411 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 pm

MGB8 wrote:

Or argued that it wouldn't have any impact.... how much impact would an extra 8 million in cap space have right now.... :(

EXACTLY +100

Take a look back at the first couple pages, check out how many Bulls posters actually liked this deal. SMH
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
yifsuibfe1
Rookie
And1: 671

Post#412 » by yifsuibfe1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 pm

As soon as I saw this got bumped i knew it had to be Chitownbulls before I even clicked on anything
Chitownbulls
General Manager

Post#413 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:12 pm

yifsuibfe1 wrote:As soon as I saw this got bumped i knew it had to be Chitownbulls before I even clicked on anything

Haha I hated this deal
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#414 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Yea a lot of explaining to be done by a lot of people defending this decision? Especially when it supposedly was trade bait or wasn’t going to stop us from signing a max FA. 2 years later he’s still as trash as he always was, nobody wants to trade for his trash contract and his 8mil is so much of a waste we could’ve gotten a max FA or at least more money to fill out a bench or get 2 high tier players.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#415 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:14 pm

While I hate the deal. I don't think we would have done anything this FA. It would have been nice to get Bulter back here tho (Lots of dreaming). Wade / Rondo get this man paid.

Sadly he was our best pick and roll defender during that time before his new contract.

The Chicago Bull's charities should be proud as well.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,430

Post#416 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:Yea a lot of explaining to be done by a lot of people defending this decision? Especially when it supposedly was trade bait or wasn’t going to stop us from signing a max FA. 2 years later he’s still as trash as he always was, nobody wants to trade for his trash contract and his 8mil is so much of a waste we could’ve gotten a max FA or at least more money to fill out a bench or get 2 high tier players.

We weren’t going after a max FA regardless because we could have done that if we wanted even with his contract. We punted on that. So there really was no effect on that but damn if he isn’t awful.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#417 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:While I hate the deal. I don't think we would have done anything this FA. It would have been nice to get Bulter back here tho (Lots of dreaming). Wade / Rondo get this man paid.

Sadly he was our best pick and roll defender during that time before his new contract.

To pay a guy for playing pick and roll defense should’ve never been a reasoning especially since he’s never been good enough at defense to even say it’s a strength of his. It’s 8 mil that can get you a a Brogdon today if we had it or whoever just anybody better than felicio. I didn’t care at the time but I always knew he was trash so I’m confused why his contract always got excused but when Zach got his turn for a contract all these same people excusing felicio trash contract were giving Zach tons of **** for his contract.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#418 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:Yea a lot of explaining to be done by a lot of people defending this decision? Especially when it supposedly was trade bait or wasn’t going to stop us from signing a max FA. 2 years later he’s still as trash as he always was, nobody wants to trade for his trash contract and his 8mil is so much of a waste we could’ve gotten a max FA or at least more money to fill out a bench or get 2 high tier players.

We weren’t going after a max FA regardless because we could have done that if we wanted even with his contract. We punted on that. So there really was no effect on that but damn if he isn’t awful.

Like I said though even if it’s not a max FA that’s money that could help fill out a bench better or be used to grab a high tier player. Plus to give up the money and not even give yourself a chance just off an assumption that we were never going to get a Max FA was/is stupid. You never know what might happen. So to close a door on yourself in this situation was stupid regardless if the money was going to be spent or not.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,640

Post#419 » by DuckIII » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:26 pm

MGB8 wrote:

Pretty sure my argument was that it would have no real impact. Still not sure it’s having much of an impact given the OPJ trade (i.e., Pax acknowledging significant free agents would not be interested in Chicago this summer). But it certainly could be hurting more than I thought it would.

He’s worse than I thought he would be, but I still don’t consider this a significant gaff. Though a gaff it is.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#420 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:While I hate the deal. I don't think we would have done anything this FA. It would have been nice to get Bulter back here tho (Lots of dreaming). Wade / Rondo get this man paid.

To pay a guy for playing pick and roll defense should’ve never been a reasoning especially since he’s never been good enough at defense to even say it’s a strength of his. It’s 8 mil that can get you a a Brogdon today if we had it or whoever just anybody better than felicio. I didn’t care at the time but I always knew he was trash so I’m confused why his contract always got excused but when Zach got his turn for a contract all these same people excusing felicio trash contract were giving Zach tons of **** for his contract.

18 million a year is a lot of pay for a career negative player making the argument from Zach vs Felicio's contract. Especially when considering the percentage of the salary cap they take up.

I understand it and I am very pro-Zach.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls