Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Want Shabazz Muhammad

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

jmajew
Rookie
And1: 339

Re: Bulls Want Shabazz Muhammad 

Post#141 » by jmajew » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm all for signing Shabazz to a 3/21 deal. I doubt he takes it though.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#142 » by Bandit King » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm

We don't need him we need more bad players to tank.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#143 » by Ferulci » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 am

Even though Shabazz is the most selfish and blackholish player I've ever saw (and I witnessed Aaron Brooks/Jannero Pargo/John Salmons era), he's the low-risk/high reward type of players we need during a rebuild.
- Sign him to a 2 years contract + 1 player option at a low price. Or worst case, a contract similar to Dion Waiters one last year.
- See if he can develop, if he fits the team. If he's not, stretch him.
- If he's good, you can either maximize your gains by trading him mid-season to a team looking for a bench spark (for a draft pick) or sign him to a team friendly contract.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,589

Post#144 » by Ice Man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Bandit King wrote:We don't need him we need more bad players to tank.

Meaning, we do need him. Shabazz was a backup on crappy team where even the starters couldn't win games. He's ideal for the tank.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#145 » by bulliedog8 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm

jmajew wrote:I'm all for signing Shabazz to a 3/21 deal. I doubt he takes it though.

No thanks. Would rather do a 1+1T at 10 mil/yr. So pretty much a 1yr prove it deal, and we are overpaying him with that anyways. Doesnt really deserve much more than 5 mil per yr
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#146 » by SpinninHouse » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 pm

We're trying to assemble the All-Crappy team, I see.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#147 » by John Murdoch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Chi wrote:Guess it could be looked at as the last piece to the Jimmy Butler trade...

Maybe it would make up for the pick we gave up... :banghead:

Still baffles me you gave up the best player in the deal and a pick
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#148 » by Ice Man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:54 pm

John Murdoch wrote:Still baffles me you gave up the best player in the deal and a pick

It's what the Bulls do. Did the same thing in the OKC trade, sent them the best player in Taj, and then a 2nd round pick as a bonus.

As you probably already know, our GMs have been riding their early success, and with only slight exaggeration can be said to have not done a damn thing right since drafting Jimmy Butler in summer 2011. That is why the Bulls will be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season, while having a cupboard that is almost bare.

But again, you probably knew that.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#149 » by waffle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:20 pm

yeah, those picks were telling. They folded first.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#150 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

this isn't a real thing. There's literally no market for any of these guys so if the Bulls "are interested" they'd just sign him. What, after almost six weeks of FA teams are randomly going to start bidding against themselves to sign a UFA? This is clear as day leverage for either the Bulls to scare Niko or to drum up Muhammed so other teams might start to act but everyone will see that there is nothing there.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#151 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:33 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:this isn't a real thing. There's literally no market for any of these guys so if the Bulls "are interested" they'd just sign him. What, after almost six weeks of FA teams are randomly going to start bidding against themselves to sign a UFA? This is clear as day leverage for either the Bulls to scare Niko or to drum up Muhammed so other teams might start to act but everyone will see that there is nothing there.

Yeah, I don't understand people talking about giving him $7-10M per year. For what? There's no market and he's an unrestricted free agent. Any team could've had him by now.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#152 » by JimmyJammer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 am

John Murdoch wrote:
Chi wrote:Guess it could be looked at as the last piece to the Jimmy Butler trade...

The only problem is that best player you are referring to is not good enough to take you to the next level. And, please don't tell me he had no help. Last year, he had Gasol, Rose, Noah, Taj, Niko, Moore, and we missed the playoffs. Just to show you the difference between a good player and a superstar, if you had put LeBron on last year team, you would be in the finals. This year, with Wade, Lopez, among others, we barely made it. Butler is one of the most overrated players in the league.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#153 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:

The only problem is that best player you are referring to is not good enough to take you to the next level. And, please don't tell me he had no help. Last year, he had Gasol, Rose, Noah, Taj, Niko, Moore, and we missed the playoffs. Just to show you the difference between a good player and a superstar, if you had put LeBron on last year team, you would be in the finals. This year, with Wade, Lopez, among others, we barely made it. Butler is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Bulls were 37-30 that year with Jimmy and one of the losses came in a game he left at halftime due to injury. They were 5-10 when he didn't play.

Don't let facts get in the way of a narrative.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,154

Post#154 » by League Circles » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Ice Man wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Still baffles me you gave up the best player in the deal and a pick

It's what the Bulls do. Did the same thing in the OKC trade, sent them the best player in Taj, and then a 2nd round pick as a bonus.

As you probably already know, our GMs have been riding their early success, and with only slight exaggeration can be said to have not done a damn thing right since drafting Jimmy Butler in summer 2011. That is why the Bulls will be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season, while having a cupboard that is almost bare.

But again, you probably knew that.

The complaining about giving up a pick in the same deal that you give up the best player is a completely arbitrary complaint. These are multi asset deals in both sides. I'm not defending the FO or these deals here, but there isn't some special rule of thumb about draft picks and best players. Both the pick we sent with Jimmy and the pick we sent with Taj were the worst assets in those deals. We have strong indications that MN wouldn't have done the deal without the pick, and OKC very well have not either. For all we know they still valued Payne a decent amount. Morrow has been one of the best 3 point shooters in recent history in the league. Lavergne was signed by the best org in the league. I'm not sure OKC even tried to re-sign Taj. Oh, and BTW, we improved after the trade. I was against it at the time but it's hard to criticize it too much in retrospect.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
VintageBulls
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#155 » by VintageBulls » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:02 am

3 year 15 mill sure
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#156 » by Ice Man » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:Don't let facts get in the way of a narrative.

The same guys who argue that Butler isn't a true superstar are saying that the Bulls will lose 20 fewer games this year. How that math works, I have no idea.

Return to Chicago Bulls